Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 12:12 PM   #451  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I originally woke at 7 AM, went to the restroom and then decided I would try going back to sleep. Then I woke at 10. DH didn't wake until 11, when the phone rang. We have been exhausted .

I decided to weigh in because I felt a bit better. I weighed 189, which is good.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1285 +
Weigh In: 189
My first weigh in for 2017 was 193. This was a post vacation weigh in. Hopefully I can contribute this to trying to enjoy life in moderation.

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 31

Ecclesiastes 9:7
Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

There will come a day when the diet is truly over. We must endure until that day with a strong spirit and an earnest desire to please the Lord. We have been blessed with much, and in some cases, too much. God has been good to give, and He will be equally good to help take away. Remember the Lord every step of your diet. Call upon Him for strength, for comfort, for hope, and for courage. He will hear you, and He will be sure to answer you. In time, you will come to that day, not too distant, when you can eat your bread with joy and without guilt, drink and make merry, and stand confident and proud that you have indeed glorified your Lord.

Today's thought: I will be a conqueror, through the mighty love of God.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:58 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Afternoon - Ok the rest of the day is, in fact planned! So tonight is refried beans with corn, onions, and peppers along with a side of blueberries and yogurt and kefir .....breakfast was eggs, cheese, veggies, sour cream, along with oatmeal with apples and walnuts so..........I am still quite full ...........more of a brunch than breakfast... Getting ready to grab the dogs at the vets and take Tilly to do some tracks at the park and Beau for a good walk.

Diana - gas CAN cause an enormous amount of pain! I hope you have figured it out. Brocolli is not something I like too much so I don't eat a lot but the next time it happens you may want to try some "gas-x" just to see if it confirms your suspicions! It is very effective and works quickly. Garbanazo beans do it to me so I have to be very careful to soak properly and cook thoroughly!

Larry - I am following your keto plan though I don't believe it is something I could stay on or enjoy and am still watching the long term impact. That said, I found this page and am tagging for reference but am so happy with what I am doing as I see it as a great life time change but this page has some interesting recipes. I seem to do fine with 120 or so grams a day of complex carbs and my blood numbers are fabulous. The thing is, I think many approaches work long term and can be healthy if done properly if one takes into account nutritional needs across the board. For me, meat (and to some extent dairy - though I find kefir and yogurt to really help my system) are something I have been trying to avoid from more of a political x societal x humane standpoint but I realize keto is not "high protein" like Atkins and, apparently, not really necessary. That and, by and large, I honestly don't even like the flavor and texture of most meat and am repulsed by meat fats. Most of our dairy comes from a local grass-fed Jersey herd and we make our own butter as the mostly skimmed milk seems to work better for yogurt and kefir. Larry Greek Yogurt in the IP absolutely ROCKS. The secret is in the straining and you can (our next experiment) make cheese out of it as well.

https://www.ruled.me/comprehensive-g...etogenic-diet/

Jules - glad nobody was hurt. I am sure that was scary and hope you have comprehensive to cover it. At least windows are usually 100% and they come to you.

Last edited by grannynancy; 12-31-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #453  

good afternoon! power walked and ran errands after lunch. will take a shower in a few minutes.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:37 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post

Larry - I am following your keto plan though I don't believe it is something I could stay on or enjoy and am still watching the long term impact. That said, I found this page and am tagging for reference but am so happy with what I am doing as I see it as a great life time change but this page has some interesting recipes. I seem to do fine with 120 or so grams a day of complex carbs and my blood numbers are fabulous. The thing is, I think many approaches work long term and can be healthy if done properly if one takes into account nutritional needs across the board. For me, meat (and to some extent dairy - though I find kefir and yogurt to really help my system) are something I have been trying to avoid from more of a political x societal x humane standpoint but I realize keto is not "high protein" like Atkins and, apparently, not really necessary. That and, by and large, I honestly don't even like the flavor and texture of most meat and am repulsed by meat fats. Most of our dairy comes from a local grass-fed Jersey herd and we make our own butter as the mostly skimmed milk seems to work better for yogurt and kefir. Larry Greek Yogurt in the IP absolutely ROCKS. The secret is in the straining and you can (our next experiment) make cheese out of it as well.
Granny Nancy - I changed my nutrient goals last night on MFP to better fit my move to a Keto lifestyle. I was very surprised to see that the macro goals that I entered were identical to the Keto Vegetarian link you posted. My goals are 5% carbs, 70% fats, and only 25% protein. This is a huge change from Atkins. I have read in numerous places that too much protein will stall the Ketosis process and as a result I would be on a plateau instead of losing. My percentages are based on 1,759 calories. At my current weight and activity level that should give a 2 pound per week loss. Of course everyone's metabolism is different so I am sure I will need to fine tune this in the months ahead. The idea of 70% fat seems very daunting to me so I have been reading online tips how to increase fat without increasing protein significantly. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I am going to have to try yogurt in my Hot Pot. I need to do some online reading first so I don't screw it up.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:38 PM   #455  

good afternoon! i'm right on track for my calories and exercise for the final day of 2018! will be staying home tonight.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:58 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello all,

Ciecie, hope you get good news. I'm home tonight too

granny, homemade butter sounds DIVINE. Great job on maintenance

larry, I dI'd not realize keto wasn't high protein. I'm not a big meat eater...I've been vegan/ vegetarian on and off alot

Diana, yay. Glad you can see progress, I have some painfull gas cramps too. .at 4am driving friend to go hunting. He got stuck in his chair on the mud and he went home...my stomach was in knots!!!

keli, hiccups are weird and painful for me now too

Nancy, yes it's emotional. I am very upset about congress and the sanctuary city crap...I pray everyday for our leaders...

headlines that show the world is going down the toilet also upset me...I'm very empathetic and I take on moods easily...watching the news has been making me binge. I can NOT watch anything but Fox but I still get so upset...

I need to find a better response to the upsetting info...I know prayer...but I actually get so uncomfortable until I eat sugar + fat....I think the stress makes me go into fight or flight...

anyways, despite the binge woke up 1 lb lighter from 182.2 to 181.0 ...don't expect TO NOT see a tick upwards...hopefully I'll get back on track and start moving back down

​​
Old 12-31-2018, 07:15 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
Hello all,

granny, homemade butter sounds DIVINE. Great job on maintenance

​​
Home made butter really is awesome! The Jersey milk we buy is a higher fat milk. Way too high for us to enjoy consuming and high enough to mess up the yogurt production and the kefir production. It is raw, not homongenized, and not standardized (to a particular fat level). Most milk in the US is from Holstein cattle who give a lower fat more watery milk. Jersey is also A2 protein vs A1..A lot of claims there but not sure of the validity of those claims.

Mostly Grass fed Jersey herd though. Yes. Raw milk. Yes (and we pasteurize as the first step of production). We do draw off the butterfat before pasteurization though so I guess there is a "risk" but I don't think there has actually been a case of anyone getting sick from raw milk in SC-there was an accusation in 2011 of milk from a dairy in York SC,, but they were exonerated upon further testing. Happy Cow is another one that sells lightly pastuerized but not homogenized milk that is 100% grass fed. It, too, needs separation from the fat to process further. Happy Cow also sells home made butter. In any regard if we are going to innoculate our milk with bacteria and let it grow them in warmth (yogurt) or room temperature (kefir) I think the pastuerization step before processing is wise.

Milky Way Farm

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...-milks/514397/
Old 12-31-2018, 11:36 PM   #458  

good night all! didn't hear anything from eye doctor today. office is closed tomorrow for the holiday. hope to hear something on Wednesday. am thinking he could be on vacation. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #459  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and Happy New Year to all!!!

my focus is STAYING on my diet and being more active. Pretty day. Hope it stays that way and I can play with my kids outside
Old 01-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #460  

good morning! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk in a few minutes. very windy here last night. lots of branches in the yard.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:02 AM   #461  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

NEW THREAD ALERT! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/wei...e-welcome.html
Closed Thread