Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 12:26 AM   #46  

good morning! fell asleep in front of the tv.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:18 AM   #47  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today is my Dr. appointment. Pray for wisdom for the Dr. to treat/diagnose me. Thank you.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 187.6
Down: 1 pound

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 4

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Betty liked having people around. When others watched her, she was more likely to behave herself and stay on her diet. She felt guilty if anyone caught her cheating. A little guilt was a good thing for someone trying to lose weight. When she was alone, she didn't feel nearly as guilty. If she was ever going to lose weight, she was going to have to make sure there were people around. We ought to remember that no matter what we do, God is watching. He can help us on to victory if we will keep in mind that He is ever with us, to act as our conscience when we need Him to.

Today's thought: I hope my conscience is stronger than my appetite!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-04-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #48  

Default DEC 2018 uh-oh

Hi!

Hope you are doing better than me.
Diana, I hope you get that much need help from the MD. I don't like when I get my hopes up and then I am not helped.

I have less inflammation in my gums, but my teeth sting a little when I bite down. I guess that is the left over nerve.

DIET: not so good...could be a lot worse. Problems: frappe, peppermints, chocolate covered almonds. I bought lots of fruits and veggies which I will be taking some to a social event where pizza, etc. will be served. I am not bringing dip, even though I have been criticized for that in the past.
EXERCISE: just some knee exercises.

Wt. up 2 pounds. Wish you could call me a loser...
Old 12-04-2018, 09:24 AM   #49  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all
WI up 1.0 and body water % down .1......Calories yesterday a bit higher than normal but not crazy yesterday B/L cherry tomatoes and beef barley soup, dinner hamburger w/bun and air fries 1 adult beverage. So today will be taco Tuesday with low carb tortilla for dinner. B/L cherry tomatoes

Welcome Follena
Diana I hope all goes well with the Dr. today btw met my step goal yesterday so thank you for the boost

I will drop in for personals later today

Old 12-04-2018, 09:33 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 139.6 today marks 1 month of maintenance. On Nov 4th I weighed 140.2 and my average weight for the month has been 139.8

Yesterday was 1422 in, 1811 *burn* and I did walk 12,020 steps (met goal) and did the flexibility and resistance training.

Today is focused on work, finishing up yard decorations, and doing three more 1 mile brisk walks. Also working on quad stretches some more. Need to study for HAM license testing coming up. This evening is the Chrismas Concert at the middle school where the younger granddaughter has a saxaphone solo.

Today is planned for 1267 calories and I need to convince myself I can do that

Breakfast is peppers, onions, tofurkey, mushrooms, potatoes all sauteed
Lunch is yogurt, kefir, chia, blueberries
Dinner is lentil pasta, celery, carrots, onions, peppers, mushrooms, sauce, parmesan

I have some kale I need to cook ASAP - Thursday may be first chance. Kale, carrots, mushrooms, and onions are what I am thinking with tofu - now need a good sauce to go with it.

Teri - glad the mouth is improving a little

Diana - will pray that your Gastro trip is helpful. RE loose skin. Oh yes waiting until next summer, if then, but working on a plan to do as much as I can to minimize the need. With this cold weather, it is a good time for some beef and cabbage!

Larry - maybe you could paste in the numbers. I hate downloading files into my computer..but I imagine a prisoner diet would be mainly gruel like corn mush.....

Follena - Hi!

Nancy - you know I see the trend that weight up = water down and vice versa. All my values, however, have been between 49.2 and 49.9. Would not worry about meager steps. Just committing to something makes it more likely to happen. Yesterday I would up walking the streets in my neighborhood at 930 pm because I still had 1 mile to go...Today I set an alarm on my phone for different times to walk.

Last edited by grannynancy; 12-04-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

Another idea for me and anyone else it might help, like Grannynancy said, to set an alarm to get up and move. Sometimes that's my problem, I get into doing my work and don't get up. I've got the time (5 minutes won't create any problems) I just need to do it.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post

Larry - maybe you could paste in the numbers. I hate downloading files into my computer..but I imagine a prisoner diet would be mainly gruel like corn mush.....
How do I do a paste here. ctrl c to copy and ctrl v to paste is not working for me. I would rather type my daily input off line then copy and paste but I have tried several times.
The traditional way does not work. What is the secret?

Old 12-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

HI guys,

Diana, I pray that your MD trip brings good report and insight

granny, yummy I love Kale. That sounds good

Nancy, your menu sounds great

Larry, I thought of mush too when you said prisoner diet

Terri, I pray the last pain goes

so ds3 birthday party was ok. I went to buy cake and realized I forgot my card. I had ONE check thank God.

we ended up ordering dinner due to my sheer exhaustion.

kids had teriyaki chicken, lo mein. I had creamy coconut shrimp and rice. I could only eat a few bites and was wondering if I'd be able to eat cake, but I managed...lol

I only ate the 4 large coconut shrimp, 1 bite rice, 3 pcs broccoli, I did have two mini pepsi (equal 1 can ), 1 bite kids lomein, 1/2 eggroll, 1 crab wonton.

maybe the shrimp sauce was very satisfying?

I had 1/2 serving birthday cake with 1/4 cup icecream.

I think my results would have been better if I had done OMAD, BUT I couldn't succeed...by 12pm...I was so hungry I downed a cold rotisserie drumstick, 1/4 my kids mozzarella stick and a Clausen pickle.

1537 calories and woke up to 182.2. Might be the salt not sure.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:38 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
How do I do a paste here. ctrl c to copy and ctrl v to paste is not working for me. I would rather type my daily input off line then copy and paste but I have tried several times.
The traditional way does not work. What is the secret?
Larry, not sure I am able to go into a spreadsheet, highlight, copy and paste using my mouse - here is some weight data from last month. I had to use the past as plain text option else it was a mess...............

F 10/26/2018 143.4
S 10/27/2018 143
S 10/28/2018 140.8
M 10/29/2018 144
T 10/30/2018 144.4
W 10/31/2018 144

Old 12-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for all the welcomes.

Daily Food: 2 boiled eggs, tuna with mayo and raw peppers, roast chicken
Exercise: I'm afraid I've been a slouch today. We were all sent home from the office due to a power outage and now I'm sitting cozy on my bed while it snows outside. Resolve to park my car 10 blocks from work and walk for the remainder of the week.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:33 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Another pound loss today thanks to my Prisoner Of War diet This makes 29 pounds since the Friday after Thanksgiving.

So what's my POW diet? I have been eating chicken with skin, beef with fat, pork with fat and baked, fried or broiled fish without any coating. My average Carbohydrates during this diet has been 2.26g per day (gross not net). My average calories per day during this diet is 702 per day. No snacks what so ever. Nothing added to my coffee. Been working hard out in the yard and walking as much as my arthritic hip allows. I do take a lot of vitamins and supplements.

Last edited by Larry H; 12-04-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:20 PM   #57  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I had to go to the gym because I didn't get my steps in earlier in the day.

I am scheduled for a CAT scan for Monday. Hopefully the insurance will approve for having the scan in their office. If not, I have to get it scheduled elsewhere. I did the blood work today to make sure it's OK to get the scan since it will be with contrast. The Dr. brought up a lot of positives about my situation, it's the same things I have already thought of. The Dr. is going to request the CAT scan I had done in the ER a couple of years ago. He is curious if there was any inflammation in the bowel area back then. My understanding, if there was inflammation it would point toward angioedema.

Tomorrow I have an apt. with the eye doctor.

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad at Moe's Chopped Romaine with Adobo Chicken, Chopped Cilantro, Diced Tomatoes, Grilled Peppers, Grilled Mushrooms, Diced Cucumbers, and Chipotle Ranch. 296 calories
chips 400 calories

Exercise:
TJ 20 minute workout, 40 minutes treadmill @ gym 10,449 steps and 5.21 miles

Waving Hi all around!
Old 12-04-2018, 10:33 PM   #58  

good night all! didn't have time to post until now. got up MAJORLY LATE this morning! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Going to try a post though I'm DDT right now.

I worked both jobs yesterday for pay but today I worked the aide job without pay for my friends daughter. I rearranged the living room some got out the tree, messed with the lights, gave him a shower changed linens, did my regular cooking and cleaning, walking dogs and I'm exhausted.

I could not do OMAD again. I gobbled down some chicken salad on celery sticks for lunch.

Dinner was left over chinese. I was hungry. I might see it tomorrow...

Have to do my totals on my phone but I'm using ds2 phone right now.

Diana I pray for a good report and smooth procedures.

Larry, I can't even. I'm happy for you though

Granny, being in maintenance is awesome

Speaking of which where is Keli?

Goodnight all.

Last edited by jendiet; 12-04-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #60  

I was wondering why she didn't post anything today. as I said earlier, will be shutting down in a few minutes.
Closed Thread