Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Jen I'm glad you are continuing to improve.

grannynancy According to my Endo. I am 100% supplementing my thyroid with the Synthroid, mine is nonfunction. I gain weight very easily. My friend is a bit older than me and has always been slim. I can see a difference between our metabolisms.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1330 +
Weigh In: 188.4
Up: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 2

Philippians 3:14

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

When he was young. Luke always came in last. He was never more than an average student; he had never succeeded much in anything he had done. That all changed when he decided to lose weight. He realized that much of his problem was a lousy self-image. He knew he could succeed, even if no one else believed it. He would prove it to himself, if nothing else. His pastor had given a sermon called, 'Be everything you can be,' and Luke was going to give it a shot. God didn't create losers. With God's help, Luke knew he could win. Nothing would stop him now. At long last, Luke was on the road to victory.
Today's thought: I will try to keep my sight on what I want to be soon!
Old 12-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #17  

Default Dec 2018

Hi!

Thanks for all of you supporting me regarding my dental work. A file was left in, not all the root was gotten, dentist poked through enamel. I did not know about curved roots, and the meaning of calcified roots. The pain is less, but it hurts every time I bite down. I wish I had more foresight about these matters.

Sckgrl: clove oil? will keep that in mind.

DIET: ate over worry, some lemon bars...some tacos, jelly toast (grapefruit jelly).

EXERCISE: bike/walked yesterday.

220/211.6/211.4/210 I need to do the "lite thing" and reach a goal.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #18  

good morning! diana, i'm also on Synthroid for an underactive thyroid. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

My scale continues to favor me, 290.2 a pound loss. 27 pounds lost since I started nine days ago at 317

Hi to you all, My doctor has tested me several times for thyroid problems. Always good. They also thought due to my obesity that I must be diabetic, No my A1C came back as 4.9 I also confuse them a lot when they take my blood pressure. Mine is usually in the 90/50 range. My resting pulse is exactly 60 thanks to a demand pacemaker. Before they put it in my resting heart rate was 22. Last but not least I have text book perfect cholesterol readings in all categories. I do have several health issues but not the ones I described above.

It sure is good to be back online posting and reading. It gives me a lot of comfort to know I am not alone in fighting the food monster.
I have a family history of obesity, Mother, Uncles, Brothers, Grandson, Any one else have a possible genetic predisposition to obesity?

Last edited by Larry H; 12-02-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Larry. Ours is a cycle. My grandmother, and her sisters, mother, me, daughters - striving to break the cycle so we are tackling this is a family. My great grandmother died of a heart attack at 63 and was also overweight but not so much. Mom and grandma are no longer with us but I led the way and my older daughter is following behind and it is working for her. Of course all of our mitochondrial DNA and function goes through the mother line so not sure how much that plays into it as well

The younger daughter is focused right now on wrapping up grad school and she is overweight but not as bad. The granddaughters are, for now, quite thin but we know that can change if eating and lifestyle habits catch up with them down the road and they are seeing the benefit of healthier choices and a healthier relationship with food. I think, even if we get dealt a bad hand it is "on us" to do what we can to straighten things out as much as we can for ourselves.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:09 PM   #21  

good afternoon! there's definitely a pre-disposition for obesity on my dad's side of the family. my grandma on my dad's side of the family was obese. just got home from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago. will power walk to lunch in a few minutes.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Larry, my very overweight uncle Phil, actually died from his heart slowing down to 40s.

when they tried to diagnose me with Hashimotos, I actually didn't know this, but I had a strange dream my heart was getting slower and slower until it stopped. I woke up in a fright and decided to take my pulse which was 46. So I made an appointment with the doctor and he did all kinds of tests and found that my tsh was 5.3. So they tried Synthroid which gave me palpitations.

I was studying for my BSN at the time and was doing research for my Thesis and decided I should try T3 instead because of the possibility of the conversion process being defective or uptake being defective. I did feel much better. They did find antithyroid globulin in my blood, diagnosed me with hashimotos, but I also knew postpartum thyroiditis also presented that way and he said that was true.

I also had family history of my grandmother who disappeared when my mom was young had a condition that would get worse every time she had kids so they put her on birth control (didn't work. .she had 5)...so willing to bet she had post partum thyroiditis.

I also have a hyper heart. I used to scare nurses because my heart would beat so fast. When I was a kid, I would sit very calmly though extremely nervous and my heart would be racing...I remember one incident ..the nurse and the doctor were walking in the room and the nurse said "her little heart is still way up there" and the doctor looked at me very sternly while I was sitting completely still and said "LOOK, I NEED YOU TO CALM DOWN". Lol. OK that didn't help.

my grandfather also had a pacemaker placed. I always suspected something in our family because of my Uncle Chris and Uncle Phil''s untimely deaths. Any condition would be exacerbated because my grandmother came from a long line of nobles that frequently intermarried and my great grandparents were first cousins....yes they did that. Mom and Aunt have some kind of horrible arthritis that they had walkers or canes in their 40s. Uncles had some kind of muscle wasting problem..which put then in wheel chair.and unknown heart condition...

I suspect erlos-danlos because of the super flexibility of some of us. I used to do weird things with my thumb and wrist and now my thumb pops out of joint occasionally which hurts!!! Subtle dislocations would cause excessive joint deterioration...my mom would frequently hear popping noises when she walked when she was younger...I remember her complaining...

anyways, in Jesus, I am free from the effects and claim that the disease is eradicated from my line.

ciecie, that is amazing you are so full of energy on synthroid.

Diana, I hate that your thyroid is non functioning. I wonder sometimes if the natural negative feedback mechanisms of our bodies causes failure. This is why you have to wean off steroids. While you are supplementing steroids, your body STOPS or decreases its production. So if you were to quit cold turkey, you would go into an adrenal crisis and possibly die.

so the knowledge is to decrease intake in a stair step fashion and allow the body to increase its own production again to levels suitable for you to quit.

I wonder about negative feedback which situations such as diabetics taking insulin, not necessarily type 1, but type 2, I think a better approach would be to resensitize the body to insulin and utilize properties such as the insulin Growth Factor which is present in cinnamon...

Granny, that is very impressive. I hate margarine, have always hated margarine. I also hate sugar substitutes and think it is incredibly scary in sugar free gum where it goes directly into the tiny capillaries in your mouth and under your tongue...I don't let my children chew that gum or have products with those chemicals in it. I also avoid high fructose corn syrup because it is stored in a way that the body can not efficiently use its contents for energy.

terri, glad the pain is subsiding.
​​​
anyways, today was rough...I was up all night with my friend having diarrhea. .and this morning. .finally got a 2 hour nap..

182.4 on the scale. I did OMAD yesterday and had 4 chicken wings and veggies with ranch, 1/4 cup clam chowder 1 mini can of Pepsi and 2 mini chocolate donuts. Calorie wise not enough to gain 2.4 lbs in one day. Will see if I can increase water intake, might be salt?

Last edited by jendiet; 12-02-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #23  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I had a bit of a faux pas today. This one is kinda funny. I had children's Sunday School and Church today. My partner brought in a gingerbread decorating kit for fun. We also did our lessons but this was for fun. I was really into it. I have never decorated gingerbread men/cookies. It was really fun. We took pictures and I was really happy how mine turned out. I am not a creative person but I thought I had done a really good job. So we finished it up and everyone started eating their cookies. I didn't even think about it and just started breaking off the arms and legs and eating it. We finished the class and I started cleaning everything up. I looked at the box that everything came in. The CALORIES WERE ON THE BOX! CALORIES! So this fun this project wasn't calorie free? LOL I guess I didn't even think about it since I was having fun. I guess I went back in time and was a kid for a moment. I saw 500 calories but I'm not sure if that was the icing too.

Total Approx 1800 calories &

Breakfast ( 250 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Snack 500 calories
Gingerbread man

Lunch (650 calories)
Zaxby's grilled salad w/BHF's ranch 650 calories

Dinner (400 calories)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
watermelon chunks 150 calories

Exercise
2 mile mall walk. I got my 10,000 steps in and a total of 4.92 miles
Old 12-02-2018, 10:52 PM   #24  

good night! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. got my tree up and started decorating it.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:54 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Diana, of course it had no calories, neither does birthday cake.

Speaking of which ds3 birthday is tomorrow. We will be having pizza, soda and cupcakes...will try to do OMAD and get a thin crust pizza for me.

I'm already hungry with my stomach growling.

Did OMAD and had a mini pepsi, 2 cups of spaghetti, 1 roll, and 4 voortman chocolate peanut butter wafers.

Stopped after dinner and got some bacon cheddar fries and a bottle of gatorade. My hour was up when I got the boys. They ate the fries and drank my gatorade....such great diet assistants...lol...

I hate my stomach growling when I try to go to sleep...my body still has plenty of fat...go for that...
Old 12-03-2018, 05:43 AM   #26  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :
Old 12-03-2018, 06:19 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 139.2 - maintaining.

Watched a TV show that showed a body lift surgery last night. Wow that is one radical surgery - 8 hours. Really doing what I can to see if I can avoid it. I know there will be loose skin - I know it. What is livable, what is not? What really amazes and bothers me looking at picture after picture of surgery results is that they are doing these skin removal surgeries to people who are still in "too large" bodies. Seems to me you should have done everything you can first before you go under the knife. That is why I am trying to get my fat % down to 24 (right now it is 27) and continue to build muscle mass. Don't plan to go below 24 - you know older people apparently SHOULD carry a little extra fat.

They guy here who has the best reviews does surgery in his own facility. I know it will cost more and I know insurance won't pay but there is no way I would have a long surgical procedure at anything but a hospital fully equipped with an ER, ICU, and Board certified anesthesiologist on staff (normally nurse anesthetists do a lot of the anesthesia and that is who does it at stand alone centers, but if there are problems.....). I hate the fact that colonoscopies are done at stand alone centers because now they use propofol and knock you completely out....and I don't have any complicating factors to give me a reason for concern........

We bought wet suits for winter kayaking and they need to be form fitting to properly do their job, but around the waist was a bit much with all that loose skin. Well they say "give it a year" but I am a realist on this one.

Yesterday ate 1357 burned 1362 (lazy rainy day) - last night i made the Fennel "gratin" dish and it was delicious with good "mouth feel"-almost decadent! Fennel pairs very well with dairy and thyme!

Today's plan is 1309 calories and it won't be ideal because I have to leave at 5 for a meeting and need to get out and buy more veggies so here goes. I am attending a class for getting a HAM radio license. Also need to pick up a few more lights for bushes, a new timer, and some new extension cords.

Breakfast-a sweet potato dish with sweet potato, orange, egg, and greek yogurt topping
Lunch - crab cakes and corn
Dinner- yogurt-kefir-chia-blueberries-uncle sam

We broke down and bought an artificial tree this year. I hate that but as we get older and I wind up keeping them up from the first Sunday in Advent through to Epiphany and it seems anymore they refuse to take up water after a week even though we do everything proper ..We are a bit late...it won't go up until later this week.. and unless we drive to the mountains to a tree farm it seems hard to find a truly fresh tree here and then afterwards, hauling it to the landfill because they won't pick them up curbside. The ones that grow in the upstate of SC just are not what I want in my house. In 38 years of marriage, this is our first artificial tree.

Jendiet - wow OMAD. I am not sure I could sustain that. You must be very hungry at times. Every time my stomach got to growling during weight loss I thought "burn that fat!" - Not sure if I mentioned or not that my older granddaughter has a "fast heart rate" - she is fit and trim and I think it is genetic as my dad did as well as his sister as does my older daughter and he was fit as a fiddle and ran track in college and cross country for the sheer joy of it. At 82, 2 weeks after his surgery for lung cancer we were walking up and down the parking 6 story parking garage to burn off nervous energy (mom had a massive stroke the day he came home from the hospital). It was the cancer that finally got him. ........ Poor girl did not pass her sports physical because of the heartrate and needs to be cleared by another doctor -- she REALLY wants to do cross country and she already backed out of winter guard to do just that this year. So. That is coming along. I don't like the fast resting heartrate which concerns me (90-100) - I did not with my daughter either. Mine has always been around 60 and right now seems on average around 55.

Diana - so glad you had so much fun with the cookies. Even if they were "sinfully good" - Seems like it was worth it for the sheer fellowship and fun.

Ciece - I wish we had gotten up our tree. Just got up about half the yard lights and the door wreath. Need to sneak out today to do the porch railings. Hope I can hit the store on the way home to get the other lights because it is too far to drive during a work break.

Last edited by grannynancy; 12-03-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #28  

good morning! just had breakfast. will work out in a few minutes.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #29  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

grannynancy Are you sure that you will need that surgery? I know we are all different. But I was 400 pounds at my highest. Yes, I could get it done, but I have chosen not to. The extra skin has not hampered me in any way, physically. I may not like how it looks nekkid, LOL but I probably wouldn't like how I looked nekkid after the surgery with the scars, either. I do think weight training makes a difference, too. Also, give yourself a full year after you get to your maintenance range because the body is continuing to change.

Last night: Nothing, tired. I feel stiff this morning, I should have stretched
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1800 + :coffee
Weigh In: 188.6
Up: .2 Whew! I was worried about that one.

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 3

1 John 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Sammy was tired of making excuses. He was tired of being dishonest with himself and his friends. He needed to lose weight, and he needed plenty of help to do it. He was considered a strong member of his church, but he didn't even have enough faith or conviction to take off a few pounds. He felt like a hypocrite. Surely, the God who had given him so much strength in other areas of his life could help him lose weight. Christ had conquered so very much. Sammy felt he ought to be able to conquer so very little. Prayer-fully, he began a journey toward fitness, assured of the victory through his faith in Christ.

Today's thought: A heart full of Christ is more important than a plate full of food!

Here's me and my cookie. See today's thought above, LOL I don't know why it loaded sideways, though.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-04-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:40 AM   #30  

Default Dec 2018

Hello,

Thanks for your kindness and support.

Weather has been really nice last couple of days...in the 50's. But it will be gone soon.

Diana, sounds fun icing gingerbread cookies. I made a house many years ago. It was a lot of fun with butter cookies on the roof as shingles. It was one of those times I thought it was better making it than eating it. (It got really hard.) Did your cookies look like gingerbread men. I remember as a kid getting those cookies with 3 raisins at a bakery...or my mom made them. I think they were really big.

DIET: Okay. I have been eating plain ramen noodles with Indian food. It has too much salt, so my weight is up.

EXERCISE: Walked and early this am I biked. Also sat on stability ball (good for back and legs) and did knee exercises.

220/211.4/212.3/210 Think maybe I should not buy packets of Indian food if I want to lose weight.
Closed Thread