Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-10-2017, 09:27 AM   #46  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I had a weird big gain that stuck around for a few days. I decided to skip a meal yesterday and it seems to have got things moving...it's nearly gone. I'm going to do the same thing today...satisfying breakfast, skip lunch, lots of water + coffee/tea, then a good dinner.

I weigh in buck naked every morning too

Down 8.8 lbs as of today

Last edited by Angie; 09-10-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:48 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Congrats everyone on your weigh losses.

I have my weigh in tomorrow night & am hoping for a nice loss to report back here.

I stayed on track since last week & got in lots of walking & swimming.

Take care
Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #48  
It's mine for the taking

Gail -- Good to hear you were so on track, I can't wait to see how it pays off for you! Gail, I just noticed you're in Ontario, like me . I'm from Brampton.

I'm down 1.6 today for a total of 10.2 pounds since I started on Aug 14th. I know other people have had better (or worse!) first months, but I'm happy with where I am. I've eaten out, gone to parties, and I'm proud of how I've managed so far. The key for me is preparation, so someone please remind me of that when/if I go off track in a few months!

Today I carried some extra weight in my shoulder bag, my laptop and some papers, and I realized it was probably somewhere near 10 lbs and I was marvelling at the difference as I carried it to work, climbed stairs etc...I was much more tired with that extra load...things were harder. I can't wait to see how it is in another 10 lbs.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:41 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 112/112/107

Hi, I'm trying to find the right board for the plan I'm on. I'm doing ITG which seems to be based on Keto. Looks like I need to cut out the below ground veggies though (basically only eggplant as I'm hooked on roasting slices with PAM spray. They must act as a carb though.) Anyway, I only have a few to lose but I've grown out of all of my clothing and I can't afford to replace my work and casual wear. I've cut out the sugar and fruit I was eating. I hope it's ok if I hang out with your group. Way to go everyone! You're all an inspiration.
nycpassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - welcome to Nycpassin

Angie - I now live in Bowmanville and work in Richmond Hill. Still on track & just had my lunch of a Caesar salad (no croutons) and a fish filet which was delicious.

I cook up 2 pieces of fish last night, so I would have some for lunch today & tonight I have steak leftovers from Sun evening. I find having prepared food on hand really helps.

Have a good one!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:55 PM   #51  
It's mine for the taking

Nycpassin -- Welcome! The more the merrier Maybe you can just buy a couple of pair of black pants and some kind of in between shirts that will do for work and casual?

Bandit2 -- I'm preparing too...I got to work at home today so I cooked up a package of chicken thighs in this delicious lemon/heavy cream sauce. Yum! I've eaten 2 for lunch already, and we'll have some for dinner too.

Down .8 today...I'm trying desperately not to do anything unusual so that the trend will continue.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #52  
Keto Warrior

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm doing a 48hr fast right now...keto makes it so easy. Hoping to break my halfway point soon
Hope everyone's feeling good and seeing results on the scales
MrsMcsMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:33 PM   #53  
It's mine for the taking

MrsMcMuffins! I'm really impressed, I'm not sure I could do it. It's not that I'm hungry, but skipping more than one meal makes me feel a little desperate -- maybe that will change over time, I'm not quite one month in, and missing one meal was a really big deal for me at first.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #54  

I'm really struggling with sticking to keto. There's just so many yummy foods that aren't keto that I can't keep away from. Pumpkin season is starting up and I love pumpkin everything. So I might need to re-eavaulate how I do things, at least until the holidays are over. And I'm up to 182.6. It's okay.
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #55  
It's mine for the taking

NFTM17 -- Do you do most of your own cooking? I find that whenever i really want something I can find a keto version of that recipe and that REALLY helps to keep me on track. I'm currently working on stocking my freezer with stuff like fat bombs, keto pizza and anything else I crave.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

I have a question for all you keto folks: do you also count calories for weight loss while on keto?

Last edited by Ronja; 09-14-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
kiwi: That's awesome! I'm sooo happy for you -I know you were stuck in a plateau for a long time. I'm thinking of shifting to a more keto way for maintenance. Would you mind sharing a typical day? I would love to get some ideas!
Hey so sorry for the late reply. I have been not going through the threads much lately. I've been so busy that I am just going to my daily weigh in page. OMG! I was so nervous about upping my fat intake bc we've be brainwashed for so many years that fat is bad for you. I was okay with cutting carbs although it seemed like a horribly miserable situation because I would still be afraid to add in fat so it would just me taking my restricted diet where I am in a plateau for over a year and make ot more miserable and I might still plateau or even gain. After listening to many podcasts on ultimate health it seemed like I was being hammered with topics of fat and keto and fasting. I started with fasting but was still plateaued as I'm sure you know from my previous rants over the last year. In early July I said Eff it bc I all of sudden gained 10lbs so I was in the mental state of "i might as well try it" ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! so to actually answer your request of a typical day, here ya go:

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs, 4-5 pieces of bacon, 1/4 or 1/2 avocado

Lunch: salad (lettuce or kale, a few grape tomatoes, cucumber, olives, goat cheese, some protein likely grilled chicken or can of tuna, or leftover steak, or hard boiled egg, sprinkle chia and flax seeds on top. If Im having a sweet tooth, literally 8-10 craisins....they have a lot of carbs/sugar)

Dinner: Some veg and some meat random. I like these combos
(1) baked blackened salmon and creamed spinach
(2)chicken thighs and cauliflower "mac and cheese"
(3) bunless bacon cheese burger with lettuce tomato onions pickle
(4) buffalo wings
(5) brussel sprouts and bacon

Snacks: Can be a thermos of bone broth, vanilla greek yogurt with added berries and seeds, meat sticks(kinda like slim jims), hard boiled eggs, I love crunchy salty so pork rinds...there is a BBQ or salt and vinegar flavor that get me through wanting chips

Sorry that's alot.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTM17 View Post
I'm really struggling with sticking to keto. There's just so many yummy foods that aren't keto that I can't keep away from. Pumpkin season is starting up and I love pumpkin everything. So I might need to re-eavaulate how I do things, at least until the holidays are over. And I'm up to 182.6. It's okay.
Make your own pumpkin spice things. cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla on butternut squash or cold brew coffee with heavy cream
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:52 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi1222 View Post
Hey so sorry for the late reply. I have been not going through the threads much lately. I've been so busy that I am just going to my daily weigh in page. OMG! I was so nervous about upping my fat intake bc we've be brainwashed for so many years that fat is bad for you. I was okay with cutting carbs although it seemed like a horribly miserable situation because I would still be afraid to add in fat so it would just me taking my restricted diet where I am in a plateau for over a year and make ot more miserable and I might still plateau or even gain. After listening to many podcasts on ultimate health it seemed like I was being hammered with topics of fat and keto and fasting. I started with fasting but was still plateaued as I'm sure you know from my previous rants over the last year. In early July I said Eff it bc I all of sudden gained 10lbs so I was in the mental state of "i might as well try it" ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! so to actually answer your request of a typical day, here ya go:

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs, 4-5 pieces of bacon, 1/4 or 1/2 avocado

Lunch: salad (lettuce or kale, a few grape tomatoes, cucumber, olives, goat cheese, some protein likely grilled chicken or can of tuna, or leftover steak, or hard boiled egg, sprinkle chia and flax seeds on top. If Im having a sweet tooth, literally 8-10 craisins....they have a lot of carbs/sugar)

Dinner: Some veg and some meat random. I like these combos
(1) baked blackened salmon and creamed spinach
(2)chicken thighs and cauliflower "mac and cheese"
(3) bunless bacon cheese burger with lettuce tomato onions pickle
(4) buffalo wings
(5) brussel sprouts and bacon

Snacks: Can be a thermos of bone broth, vanilla greek yogurt with added berries and seeds, meat sticks(kinda like slim jims), hard boiled eggs, I love crunchy salty so pork rinds...there is a BBQ or salt and vinegar flavor that get me through wanting chips

Sorry that's alot.
Awesome, thank you!!! I am thrilled it's working for you

Are you counting calories or just eating to satisfaction which is much easier to do when in ketosis. Thanks for putting quantities in for your breakfast...how many ounces of chicken do you think you're eating on your lunch salad?

I'm definitely leaning towards doing this! I can't get these last few lbs off!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #60  
Keto Warrior

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. Well my 48 hour fast turned into 72 hours and I felt great. Honestly keto made it so easy I wasn't hungry. NFTM17 I have to agree with kiwi - don't let the short term gain of nice holiday treats come at the expense of your long term health and happiness. I'm sure I'm not speaking out of turn here when I say that's a mistake everyone makes now and again but it's not worth it. Check out pinterest and youtube for keto friendly recipes for all your favourite treats - they're out there and all the extra cream and fat we use on keto makes them taste A M A Z I N G
MrsMcsMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote