Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

I still haven't tried the c25k app yet. I have kept up on the additional apps you could download with it to get you moving with squats, situps, and pushups. Doing pitiful pushups girl pushups and all the way down because well the belly fat is in the way sighs, but doing it. Sit ups hurt because I have like no stomach muscles. I can do this!! Monday I am planning on starting the c25k.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyroidpharma View Post
I started the whole keto diet recently. it's hard to really say if this is working for me or not.
Well how recent is recent? It takes 4 weeks for your body to even get into ketosis efficiently. Also if you have thyroid problems, you may need to listen to your body a bit more. You may need more carbs than the typical 20g for people on strict keto. good luck. Be patient
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:50 AM   #153  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Hey everyone

I'm plodding along slowly...but I'm moving in the right direction. I've been having a lot of late night fat cravings lately...I really need to make some fat bombs to deal with that.

I'm down by about 3 lbs in November, and hope to lose at least another 3-4 before the end of the month. I've slipped up a few times, but nothing too terrible so far. With the colder weather I've been trying out some new recipes, and my favourites (becuase they're easy as well as delicious) are hassleback chicken (I did my most recent ones with broccoli, cheddar and ham) and french onion chicken.

I like to hear what everyone else is eating, so please share some of your go-to meal ideas.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:45 PM   #154  

Weight went up today about a pound, which I expected since I drank 80oz of water yesterday and did walking. My legs don't hurt as much as they did yesterday, but woke up this morning with a migraine. And the blisters that developed yesterday are making basic walking here to there painful, but they don't hurt as bad as they did yesterday evening.. Literally almost cried walking down the steps.. Food wise doing okay... Trying to eat all my calories and I need to increase the protein I am consuming and decrease the fats. I am also not going to be as strict on carbs I have been keeping it under 20 net carbs ( the app fat secret counts sugar alcohols such as erythritol, but I don't so that's been a pain.) I only use erythritol in my morning coffee before that I used xylitol.... I can't tell a difference, but erythritol is cheaper. I think if it goes to 30 I'm not going to freak out.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:41 PM   #155  

Angie- this is horrible to say, but one of my I need something to eat NOW meals is string cheese and a brand of geona salami that has no carbs and is presliced by the deli at Walmart. One cheese stick and 6 slices of the geona is 15fat 1 carb and 12 protein and 190 calories.

I also hardboil eggs and bake Bacon and portion them out in their own baggies and then put them in a bigger bag to take to work for my 5 days of breakfast.

I also have walnuts and pecans portioned into 1oz bags in my desk and tuna in a pouch ( sometimes I get flavored but they have carbs.. But I have Franks red hot so I can make my own Buffalo version of tuna which is my favorite) in case I get hungry.

I also keep extra bottled water and Perrier waters in 2 different sizes. I also have one can of diet Dr Pepper in case. I also have 3 kinds of gum... And fireballs really need to get those out of these. Some pumpkin pie spice and Mrs dash seasoning.

I also have a plethera of teas and coffee and cups and plates etc.. I also have chia seeds I could add to my coffee if I wanted, but I have tried to back off from the whole seeds as my system doesn't break them down... I still have a few carby things back in the dark recesses or my desk that I need to just put in the break room for the buzzards I mean my coworkers (hehehe)
Old 11-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #156  

Hey guys. Has anybody tried keto lasagna noodles. I recently learned that the husband of a soccer teammate is keto. She told me about these lasagna "impastas" lol I am going to try it after the thanksgiving holiday. In the past, I've just slice and dried out zucchini, but she said that this give a noodle texture if you're missing that. She found it on a site called www.peaceloveandlowcarb.com

Since we have so many keto people here can we somehow get our own situation in the dieters central subsection so we can more easily share recipes?
Old 11-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #157  
It's mine for the taking

QTkitty -- I love cheese and salami too...that's also my go-to thing to serve company these days, since most other things are carb heavy.

Kiwi -- It would be great to have our own area here...I'll check with one of the admins to see if that's possible.

I'm still plugging away slowly. I was so happy to find avocado wedges as an app at a local restaurant last night, I had that and then fajitas on lettuce wraps
Old 11-17-2017, 03:39 PM   #158  

Thought you guys may find this information interesting as well. He starts talking about ketones and burning fat at 30 minutes in.

https://youtu.be/aRNEp-ZTfhM

Last edited by qtkitty; 11-17-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #159  

Angie- for hors devours try the park chips and load them with things instead of the base being a cracker or trisket

I had shrimp scampi over cauliflower rice for dinner. I have been keeping things pretty basic and felt like something different.

Last edited by qtkitty; 11-17-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #160  

Hey guys. I just devoured the most guilty pleasure. I had a 5guys bacon cheese burger, extra bacon, extra cheese, in a lettuce wrap(no bun), raw onion, pickles, light tomatoes, mayo, A1 steak sauce. It was a bit of heaven. I haven't had 5guys in forever, but I had been craving a burger lately. Im in a FB group called keto singles and they are always talking about going to five guys so today I did it. It definitely satisfied my burger craving. It was AMAZING! now back to slightly healthier versions of keto. lol
Old 11-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - I am back from my trip in Mexico & really need to get back on track. The first 3 days I was pretty good staying on keto but then got into the bread & pizza & all downhill from there. On the upside I swam & walked lots.

Anyway, all set to get back on track & love reading all your food suggestions, thanks.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:51 AM   #162  
It's mine for the taking

Kiwi -- I see a trip to 5 Guys in my future (this weekend!)

Bandit -- Welcome back! It's always tough to recover from vacation, but it's important to get back at it. In my own experience, it was the times that I didn't do that that I regretted; twice I completely quit dieting post vacation. My plan now is to do what seems best on vacations, I'll keep keto when I can and not feel guilty if I want to indulge in a carb or two, but to be super strict when I get back.

I was waaay off track this weekend past, so while I'm on track this week, I'm still paying for my lapse. This weekend I'm planning to get my fridge in order and cook some things ahead. I bought Carrie Brown's keto soup cookbook, and I'm going to choose a new one to make this weekend, maybe kielbassa and kale or there is another one with sausage that sounds yummy.

Happy thanksgiving American friends! I hope you make it through this weekend without too many carb-accidents
Old 11-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi1222 View Post
Hey guys. I just devoured the most guilty pleasure. I had a 5guys bacon cheese burger, extra bacon, extra cheese, in a lettuce wrap(no bun), raw onion, pickles, light tomatoes, mayo, A1 steak sauce. It was a bit of heaven. I haven't had 5guys in forever, but I had been craving a burger lately. Im in a FB group called keto singles and they are always talking about going to five guys so today I did it. It definitely satisfied my burger craving. It was AMAZING! now back to slightly healthier versions of keto. lol
I am legit drooling here... I mostly miss living in an urban place just for the food.. No 5 guys around here... And better than '5 guys' was 'cook out' it was like going to the most awesome back yard grill out/BBQ ever!! We just have the basics here bk, McDs, arbys, taco bell, pizza hut.. And there have been others but they always shut down and I'm surprised taco bell has made it this long. They have legit brought in a clean up crew twice.. Aka fired everyone had a crew come here from somewhere else clean and run the place for a few months until they could hire and train new people. I swear it's like the mofia, but when you see them working there that's when you go to taco bell a lot cause the foods awesome!!
Old 11-23-2017, 03:12 PM   #164  

Well, you can make your own five guys lettuce wraps for sure.

Hey all just wanted to wish you all a happy thanksgiving and stay strong with keto for the holiday
Old 11-25-2017, 09:14 PM   #165  

Hey all. I have been glancing over your thread. Lots of good info. I have been keto for 2 weeks and feel better than i have in a long time.

I strongly recommend the book Keto Clarity. I have been listening to it on audible. It is a really great resource. There are several health and nutrition experts that contribute.

And I am proud to say that I have not cheated one...single...time. Not even on Thanksgiving where my top 4 sweet treats were served. Every time I looked at the sweets I popped a piece of broccoli dipped in "homemade" ranch, or a cheese cube. The longer the evening went, the better I felt about myself.
aliescha is offline   Reply With Quote