Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-28-2017, 02:09 AM   #16  
Keto Warrior

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm keto too. Have been back on the wagon since 10th July this year after a 6 YEAR BREAK 😲 for having kids and BF. Prior to my kids I was keto for weight loss and 70g of carbs a day for maintenance since the age of 21 so obviously I'm a big fan of keto 😊
MrsMcsMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - would like to join your group. Looking into this keto diet on videos and internet, but really not started yet.
Any help would be great on how to start etc.
Thank you
Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:59 AM   #18  
Keto Warrior

Hi Gail, starting is easy. Eat fat until you're full After 3 days or so you'll notice your hunger being not so fierce. Stick to high fat rather than high protein. A good keto diet should be about 70% fat. So fry foods in butter, add butter and cream to veg and make fatty sauces for meat.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:12 AM   #19  

Morning all & thank you MrsMcMuffins for your reply.

Eating fat sounds good - For awhile now I have been having butter & cream, so need to get away from the carbs and increase my fat and protein. Good tips.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronja View Post
I am a returning memeber as well...I had a nice loss this past winter-spring and I gained considerably over summer. I tend to lose nicely on primal (paleo) diet, and I added IF which I loved, but than for some reason I dropped off in summer and introduced bread back to my diet...which was a disaster! So now I'm back. My plan is to follow primal diet and add IF twice a week. I plan to fast full 36 hours. I'm also thinking of restricting my diet even more and try keto instead of just primal diet, but I will see...it seems a little daunting! Anyway, I would really love to regularly chat to someone who is following a similar weightloss program...
Hey hey! I'm keto and LOVING IT!!!!!!
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:15 PM   #21  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

I'm so glad there are others

I started on August 14th and I've lost 8.4 lbs in my first 1/2 month. I love that dairy is included, and lots of good fats. I've been trying a lot of keto recipes, and loving them...I was so glad to find out about flathead dough...I'm not a huge egg fan, and it's the least eggy non-wheat/grain bread I've ever had.

How is everyone else doing?
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Hey kiwi1222, LTNS So you are on keto now? So glad to hear you are loving it. In the meantime I started Whole30 which is, I think, very close to keto. It allows fruits in moderation but not dairy, I'm just trying it for 30 days and than I plan to cut off fruits completely, add dairy and transition into keto - fingers crossed!

The Whole30 is an elimination diet to help stabilize sugar cravings, mood swings, and generally get all the junk off your system. It should also help to determine if you're senzitive to certain food groups. If I confirm I am ok with dairy, I'm ready for keto!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:59 PM   #23  

Angie, that's great! I'm glad you're doing so well.

I am struggling with cravings. I do fine during the day when I am at home. But at night I crave sweets and I end up snacking on candy. And then on days when I have to work, it's even harder because I work in a grocery store full of freshly baked donuts, cookies and scones. It's really a struggle to stay on track, and I honestly have been failing. So I haven't lost more than a pound which keeps yo-yoing back and forth. I need to get myself together and stay on track.
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:09 AM   #24  
It's mine for the taking

NFTM17 -- do you have a daily calorie limit, and if so, do you have room left over at the end of the day? I made some fat-bombs yesterday, chocolate and peanut butter and I'd be happy to share the recipe. It's a little sweet, a little salty and full of fat, so i feel very satisfied when I eat just one. It's a real treat with a tea at night.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #25  
It's mine for the taking

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs

If you are following a Ketogenic diet fat bombs are amazing snacks! Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs are divine!
Servings: 1 muffin tin (12) Prep Time: 5 minutes Passive Time: 1 hour

Ingredients

Chocolate Layer:
2 tbs coconut oil melted
4 tbs peanut butter (natural)
4 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp sweetner (to taste)

Peanut Butter Layer:
2 tbs coconut oil melted
4 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp Stevia

Instructions

Chocolate Layer
Combine all ingredients for chocolate layer, stir till smooth.
Pour in muffin cups and freeze about 10 minutes.

Peanut Butter Layer
Combine all ingredients for peanut butter layer.
Pour on top of chocolate.
Freeze until firm.

Keep refrigerated or frozen until ready to eat
Old 09-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #26  

Good morning

Angie - those fat bombs sound really good, have to try making them.

Weekend was not so good for me Keto wise, I still had food in the house to use up which was high in carbs, but now I should be good to go.

I belong to a Tops group that weighs in on Tuesdays and tonight we are back to our official meetings now that summer is over. Over summer is was weigh ins only.
I was doing WW for the most part and now want to switch to keto.

All - hope you all have a great week.
Gail
Old 09-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
NFTM17 -- do you have a daily calorie limit, and if so, do you have room left over at the end of the day? I made some fat-bombs yesterday, chocolate and peanut butter and I'd be happy to share the recipe. It's a little sweet, a little salty and full of fat, so i feel very satisfied when I eat just one. It's a real treat with a tea at night.
Hi Angie,

I'm not on any calorie restrictions, just trying to stay keto. In fact when I'm on keto I probably eat less calories than I would eating SAD food (Standard American Diet) because it's so filling that I don't feel like I need to eat. But right now I'm still trying to transition from SAD to keto. Usually it's not that hard for me to transition, I don't know why I am struggling so much now. Probably because I have three little boys and a lot less time for myself than when I did it before.

Your fat bombs sound really good. I will have to try making them. I have some lemon meringue fat bombs in the freezer right now, I just don't think to snack on them when a craving hits. I need to get over this hump, and then I'll be good to go. Thanks for the encouragement and reminder that I have something else there if I need it!
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #28  
Keto Warrior

Yummy...thanks for the recipe Angie. How are all feeling today? NFTM17, I have 2 young boys so I understand the struggle. It's so hard sometimes when you're exhausted and emotionally spent at the end of the day. I just want something to 'reward myself'. What helps me is to remember a bigger reward than food - like fitting into nice clothes or seeing my boys grow up into healthy young men themselves. Sounds corny but true.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:49 PM   #29  

Default Hi Angie

I am not currently running Keto at the moment, but I have run it numerous times in the past with great success. Was there anything in particular that you needed help with?
faaizans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:27 AM   #30  

Good morning

Yesterday was my 1st real day on Keto and it went pretty well. I ended up with 27 carb grams overall, so was happy with that.

I had some peameal bacon for breakfast & have salad and roast beef for my lunch with a cheesestring for 3 o'clock snack if I need it.
I bought heavy cream for my coffee.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Hope you all are keeping on track.
Gail