Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-04-2016, 11:51 PM   #61  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Mine was nice and peaceful ... sometimes it's just great to do absolutely nothing!

Diana ~ So glad to hear that your problem was nothing serious and that you're beginning to feel better. Take care!

Sundove ~ Sounds like you're having an amazing time - Enjoy!

FYML
~ Well done on your 5.5lbs down! Fantastic - Keep up the good work!

Zoniegirl ~ Well done on your 2.6 loss this week - that's great, especially having a busy social week ... you obviously know how to plan ahead well! What a pain about your account - the inconvenience of having to sort it all out is so annoying! I love housebuying, it's so exciting going to look at potential new homes! But I do agree that the actual packing and moving can be very stressful!

flower123 ~ I think I am the only person in the world who never watched Downton Abbey ... not even one episode! And me being British too ... quite shocking!

Chunkahlunkah ~ I need to take a leaf out of your book and only eat when I'm hungry ... or more to the point, STOP eating once I am full!! After dinner last night, I felt SO uncomfortable ... I should've stopped eating halfway through, but I hate wasting food! I need to try to re-program my brain to understand this!

Opine ~ Welcome to the thread! You'll get lots of support here!

Sunday's Food ...

Breakfast/Lunch ~ 2 slices Wholewheat Toast, 2 Poached Eggs
Snack ~ Nectarine
Dinner ~ Roast Pork Loin, Roast Potato, Cauliflower & Broccoli Mornay, Carrots, Sprouts and Gravy
Snack ~ Half an Orange
Beverage ~ G&T, Red Wine

Weekend over ... Normal service will resume!!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:35 AM   #62  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default September 4th

Today was on point again. Total calories were 1,120. They would have been lower but I am addicted to having honey in my tea! I am worried about getting sick so I have been drinking lots of tea the past few days! I did straight cardio today for a workout and got in 12,000 + steps. I did some meal prep for the week this weekend as well. I made chicken noodle soup using whole wheat rotini, turkey chilli, and granola bars.

My aunt has asked me to take my cousin under my wing and teach about living a healthier lifestyle when it comes to food. She is only 12 and has a BMI over 30. I will be teaching her about portion control and clean eating. I don't want her calorie counting but I would like to make her more aware of what she is putting into her body and how she can make simple swaps to make her food choices slightly healthier. Exercise wise, we agreed that she just needs to get more walking in and go outside a bit more to the playground. I will be buying her a journal so that she can track her progress and a cork board so that she can make herself a motivation board using what motivates her to become healthier. I've been in her shoes and I would have never been able to lose the weight I am right now when I was 12 but I am hoping that with my supports and my aunts support we can get her into a healthier BMI range to prevent any issues in the future. This is extremely important to me as I see a younger version of myself in her shoes.
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:13 AM   #63  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

FYML ~ It's great that you're doing that for your young cousin. If things get out of control at a young age, it's going to be more difficult for her to deal with it when she gets older ... I'm sure most of us can testify to that! Hopefully, all she needs is some guidance. The information out there for healthy eating can be so complicated and confusing sometimes. She's luck to have someone like you, who cares about her wellbeing, and to take her under your wing.

Food for Monday ...

Breakfast ~ Porridge Oats made with Almond Milk, Sliced Banana, Cinnamon and drizzle of Coconut Milk
Lunch ~ Slices of leftover Pork Loin, followed by a Nectarine
Dinner ~ Baked Whole Trout, Garlic Green Beans, Roast Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine, Sweet Potato Wedges
Snack ~ Pear
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys Happy Labor Day.
Last week I dealt with coming off the intestinal flu,work,and kids back to school and my son had stomach issues and my daughter has her liscence ,just for 3 weeks,letting her drive and she got 3 shots and had to come home from school dizzy and throwing up from that ,but as I sit hear lounging with my husband and kids still sleeping,Ii feel incredible blessed by GOD for seeing us through last week and all of us healthy again,my daughter had several days of safe driving,my hubby and I went away with friends and she had the car at grammas to get herself to work and froends house,.I got on scale today and didn't really gain all b ut .8 but had lots of salt so I consider it a wash.
I hope everyone is starting their week well and happy and has a great day.
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #65  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Weight is up a little from 149.8 to 150.5. I ate in my normal range of calories yesterday, but I did have more carbs than usual plus some fried food. I think I'm holding on to some water weight. My plan is to drink more water than usual today and eat lowish carb. I feel kinda bloated and would like to get rid of that feeling soon.

Opine - Well done with the switch to clean eating and getting in more water. I know it's only been a few days, but have you a noticed a difference yet in how you feel?

Nichola - Unfortunately I'm not always a close reader of that "eat only when hungry" book. Yesterday at one meal I ate past fullness, well past it. I took more food on my plate than I ended up needing. It wasn't food I made nor do I eat it often, so I misjudged how much of it I would need for a serving. I, too, should've stopped instead of finishing. For me, it's so much more effective to just take less to begin with. I definitely feel that impulse to clear my plate. I don't even know why. My parents weren't the type to force me to finish. My sister rarely finishes any meal entirely. I guess for some of us there's something inherently powerful and persuasive about the visual of food on a plate, like it triggers an instinct to clear it. I don't feel that instinct at restaurants though, probably because the servings there are so clearly too big. (Well, in the US, at least. ) Before eating I mentally block off what I won't be finishing.

Jesika - I'm so happy that your cousin has you as a model and teacher. That's wonderful.

merowi - I'm glad your family is all better now!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-05-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #66  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)j
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1 & 2

Calories for yesterday: 1280 +
Weigh In: 171.4
Down: .8

Have a great day and start to your week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-05-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:38 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 253/253/149

Height: 170cm/ 5 ft 7in

Diana So glad to hear everything is alright! You made the right choice to go to the ER!!!
Opine welcome
Had a pretty good day at work today. Diet wise however, not so great. Someone came in with fresh doughnuts! Omg ... tasted amazing.
I had one, and then some m&ms later. Also wasn't able to get any exercise in today, so not my greatest day lol.
Anyway tomorrow is a new day and I have the day off so will be able to go on a pretty long walk on the way to my language class!
Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Golda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #68  
Trying to live below 200

Phae1963 Hi and welcome to the check-in. We are happy to have you join us.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Good Morning everyone - happy Labor Day
Diana! Omgoodness....I'm so glad you are feeling better!! My husband has severe stomach issues and has been in the ER many times. In the beginning, I'd just roll my eyes when he said he thought he needed to go in. I'd think, "here we go again..." but it always turned out to be something serious! I don't doubt him anymore. Our medical bills have been ugly, to say the least, but what do you do?? Again, so glad you are feeling better!
I finally got my "new to me" treadmill Saturday morning! Nobody in my family wanted to go on a walk with me, so I pouted and went by myself. When I got home, my girlfriend texted me asking if we were home, so they could deliver it! I was beyond thrilled!! I got my groove back, and have been on it everyday since then. (it's only been 3 days) I've been getting my 10,000 steps in before 9am the past 2 days, and then I even went for an additional walk last night. Super excited. I'm hoping the plateau will break, and I'll be well on my way to a new decade soon. I've been stuck in the 30's for awhile now.
Kids are home from school today, but DH is working. Cha-Ching - love the holiday pay I'm going to my oldest nephews first high school football game this afternoon.
My boss is the coolest person ever - every Christmas she takes the "key workers" (there are about 5 of us) and our spouses away for the night. We go out for a fancy dinner/drinks and an overnight in a fancy hotel. Well, last year was just so darn crazy with everyones schedules, so we are just NOW celebrating! There are 6 of us (husbands aren't invited) and we're driving down to Portland on Friday morning to be "wined and dined" as she said. We'll do shopping/eating/drinking/overnight, then come back Saturday. She even commented about bringing alcohol/snacks to have in the room, and wanted to know what would fit into my eating plan. Should be great fun - and I love the group of women that are going. I don't know them all on a personal level, except for my boss (who I've known for almost 30 years)
Have a great day everyone. Welcome to all the new folks I haven't "met" yet I'll try to check in later this week.
Sassypants75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:55 PM   #70  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Hey friends,

My crazy busy month is over and no progress was made...damage done. I figured out I have gotten too fat for my underwear. Wow! That was a sad reality check. My mom just went through the hospital for a TIA (mini stroke) and is home now, doing fine. Kmowing me, I'll act like I am not stressed at all but will completely lose all control with my coping mechanism. Planning to avoid that!

Diana, your comment about my Kevin being embarrassed if he knew I was talking about him online made me laugh! Haha! He tore up one of my couch cushions and I am trying my hand at positive reinforcement training to keep him off the couch. It's hard not to slip into the old dominance training.

Sorry about your health scare! Our minds can take us to dark places. I hope Brandon is hanging in there.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 9/5/16 update

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Diana - glad you are feeling better and you know what you are dealing with. Congrats on your loss, the plan and the videos!

Opine - welcome! Hope you find lots of support here.

Monte - wow! 700 calories burned...I wish I could have workouts like that! You are so inspiring! Good luck on your weigh -in.

FYML - hope you don't get sick. Your calories look good to me. Glad to hear you are supporting your cousin to make some changes, it is so much better to do this early on.

Merowi - welcome! Sounds like you had a stressful week. Glad it is over for you. Good luck with your plan!

Chunk - your increase probably is the carbs and will go back down with lots of water.

Golda - shake it off and re-commit. You can do it!

Phae - welcome and good job on your loss. I hope you'll find great support here.

Sassy - great job on the walking and steps! Have fun on your overnight!

Cool - glad your mom is doing well. We've all had times like that and all you can do is the best you can do under the circumstances. Don't beat yourself up, and make an effort to improve.

Greetings to anyone I might have missed and stay with it, it works!

Daily update - cal. 1,331; carb 87g; fat 65g; protein 115g; sodium 2,568 mg; sugar 29g. WI 206.6, down another .8.

Exercise - 45 minutes cardio; 20 minutes strength training, upper body, stretching 15 minutes. Burned 230 calories, plus more from weight training. Steps 5,235.

Feeling very good today from my recent losses. It is crazy, I am down 3 from Sept. 1! My goal for October 1 is 201.6 or lower. That is 2 pounds a week or 8 pounds a month. I think upping my calories may have increased my metabolism? Can it do that so fast?

Thanks for all of your support everyone!

Last edited by Zoniegirl; 09-05-2016 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Not done
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:31 PM   #72  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default September 5th

Today wasn't the greatest. My total calories were 1,015 which is low and all, but it was not clean and healthy and balanced. I did a cardio fix today followed but a super short run on the treadmill as I had plans for brunch today at iHop for my friends birthday. I did not get in my 10,000 steps today either! This has not been a good start to September! I need to clean up my act!
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:00 PM   #73  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow night is the church ladies get together. The focus on the meeting will be healthy food/lifestyle/weight loss. I made a shrimp salad. I used a combo of olive oil mayo and plain Greek yogurt for the base. The olive oil mayo has less than half the calories of regular mayo. For flavor I used Simply Organic Dill Dip Mix and added extra dill. I also added chopped sweet peppers and celery. I will put the shrimp salad in endive leaves. I plan on taking in some workout videos, my workout log book, and various things that I use in my journey. Each meeting has a host and co-host. The lady who is hosting it has lost about 25 pounds. She started her journey because her DS is getting married in November. I have been working with her and helping her stay motivated along the way. I have also been emailing her daily devotions for dieters, etc. It should be a fun meeting.

I wanted to share something else about the church/ladies. I have never really had friends. I was an only child and my only "friend" to do things with was my Mom. As you know she passed away. I have always felt odd with trying to interact with other women. Our lives (DH and myself) are very different from other people since we are self-employed and don't have children. So it has been very difficult making friends, etc. So, after church on Sunday, I have been going to have lunch with some of the ladies. It has been really fun and everyone seems to accept me as I am. This past Saturday, I went shopping and to lunch with one of the ladies. It was really fun. Not sure what the future holds, but right now I feel really blessed to have found this church and to be becoming friends with some of the ladies. I still have my moments where I feel like this . I don't know what to say or how to act but it all seems to be working out.

MonteCristo How was your weigh in?

Fat in Hong Kong
Good job on your day. Sounds like you enjoyed the down time.

FYML Sounds like you have a good plan for mentoring your cousin.

Merowi I hope your family has a healthy week. Sounds like there was a lot going on for you.

Chunkahlunkah Hang in there with the bloat and water weight. It will pass.

Golda Enjoy your day off.

Sassypants Enjoy the getaway. Sounds fun!

CoolMom What a scary situation with your Mom. I'm glad she is doing OK now. Cody has gotten to where he bites fabric like he's biting fleas. Have you seen a dog do that? He will bite the covers, sheets, pillows, etc. He hasn't destroyed anything, yet. But if you try to correct him, it seems to make it worse and he gets more anxious. Crazy dogs.

Zoniegirl
Great job on your progress. Your body needs fuel, so the extra calories could help you.

Waving HI all around!
Old 09-05-2016, 11:04 PM   #74  
Trying to live below 200

Total calories - unknown

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley Vanilla Shake fuel 260 calories
coffee w/cream, sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (350 calories)
Salad from Panera w/BHF's ranch 350 calories

Dinner - didn't count dinner calories
grilled ribe-eye steak
sauteed mushrooms
baked potato w/butter
steamed spinach
dinner croissant
slice of cherry pie

Exercise:
The Daniel Plan Cardio + Upper w/10's
Old 09-06-2016, 04:24 AM   #75  

Hi all
Phae1963, welcome. Some people use this thread as their only support system. Others use more than one. But yes, you have come to the right place for support. I am sorry that you gained. Although as I was reading your words I was impressed that you caught yourself and did not gain back the entire amount before reaching out. Just hang out with us. You will get encouragement and hopefully some good ideas. Wishing you best. You can do this. Together power !!

CoolMom I am so sorry that your Mom had a TIA. Your family has been through a lot in a short period of time. I could understand before why you would feel stressed out, and not have lost during all those months. Then you were able to get back on track. Now, it is difficult with the health scare your mom went through. I am glad she is doing well. I hope you can get what YOU need. I know that is not always so easy for a mother, wife and general care giver (nurse)

Diana So glad to hear that your stomach situation was quickly resolved this time. Congrats on the .8 loss. Great job avoiding the chips at the Mexican restaurant. I am so glad you found this church group. I think you are great to work through your discomfort with being in social groups. It shows such strength that you are doing this !

FYML I have respect how you try to do clean eating as much as possible.

Zoniegirl yes I do think that increasing calories (in a well chosen way) can def. increase metabolism if someone's furnace has shut down due to not eating enough. Sluggish furnace because it is not being stoked with enough nutrients is not going to burn well. Congrats on the loss !!

Sassypants so sorry to hear that your husband has severe problems with his stomach. Glad you are doing well

Golda Donut slips happen. Yes, tomorrow is a mew day. Those sugar lbs will be lost quickly with exercise and good eating

Chunkahlunkah that .7 lb will be probably gone Tuesday. One day with lots of water and on plan eating.

Merowi ouch, the stomach flu. And then your daughter gets her license. 2 stressors. But its great that she got her license. I bet it will help you as well. Glad you are feeling better

Fat in Hong Kong your fish dinner sounds SO good ! Re: Downton Abbey, The person I call "my kid" Moved to England several years ago. She and her wife, in England have never watched it either. So you are not alone

MonteCristo sorry to hear that your step mom is making pies that are irresistible. Naughty step mom, baking those good pies. Sugar is so very addictive.

Sundove your time in the Sonoran desert sounds sublime.

Nichole73 i hope you had a good time at the resort. Hope you were able to keep the carbs low. Oh I see from your post the following day that you did great. 1182 calories

Opine welcome. Glad to meet you !

Hi to Kelijpa and everyone else.
I hope everyone has a great Tuesday

Last edited by flower123; 09-06-2016 at 04:26 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote