Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-03-2016, 11:26 PM   #46  

Diana It's good you are getting it checked out. There are a number of causes for blood in the urine, esp. for women. The most common I think is urinary tract infection. I hope you aren't too uncomfortable. Sending good thoughts & a

Last edited by Sundove; 09-04-2016 at 12:17 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:53 PM   #47  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default September 3rd

Today was okay... My calories were low but I was on the go and didn't have a balanced diet of clean, healthy food. Total calorie count is 1,041 for the day. I got a workout in today and managed to get in my 10,000 steps (just barely). My weigh in went better than expected. I am down another 5.5 lbs from my last weigh in. Current weight is 192 lbs. I am now down 53 lbs and have 47 to go!
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:37 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Saturday, 9/3/16 update

Greetings, everyone! Hope your weekend is going well!

Beloved - enjoy your time in KY.

FYML - congrats on your loss! You are an inspiration!

Flower - enjoy your off plan time, we all need a break now and then.

Hong Kong - enjoy your relaxing weekend.

Diana - my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope it is nothing serious.

Chunk - congrats on a new low!beef jerky is a good tip, thanks. I've seen it at Costco, but I haven't really looked at the price or the sodium.

Nicole's - thanks for the comments and tip regarding melatonin. I'll check it out.

Golda - good food log and good job with the walk!

Sundove - that's terrible about the IP diet. Glad your hair has regenerated. I don't feel any stubble yet, but I'm hopeful.glad you are enjoying your trip and it sounds like you have a good plan regarding the food.

Daily update - WI 207.4, down 2.6 for the week! Beat my 2 pound a week goal. Calories 1,181; carb 82 g; fat 52 g; protein 109 g; sodium 2,335 mg; sugar 28 g.

Exercise - none, recovery day.

Had some fun social outings this week (wine tasting, karaoke night, will have a church lunch tomorrow) and managed to have 3 alcoholic drinks and ate out with positive results as long as I planned accordingly. Am considering buying a house, am a little stressed about what that means, i.e., packing and moving, and what that will do to my weight loss routine. But, I'll deal with that if it happens. Also, had a fraudulent automatic withdrawal from my checking account to the tune of 700 dollars and had to get a new account. Had to change all my automatic withdrawals to the new account, lots of phone calls and paperwork...what a pain! Other than that, I am enjoying the weekend and hope you all will as well!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:04 AM   #49  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Well, I am totally embarrassed. I just got out of the ER. Some of you here know my history with the stomach pain that I get. It usually hits me hard in one day, I take my meds, it goes away. Well, I think I just got all wound up with what was going at the Dr. this last week. The pain has been building all week and tonight it got worse. I thought it was was an UTI or something with the blood in my urine. I didn't take my meds for the stomach pain since I thought it was the other going on. They did an abdominal CAT scan (how much is that going to be )? They also did another urine test. I was already ready to hear that I had the biggest tumor in the world. My stomach was already feeling a bit better. The Dr. came in and sat next to me on the bed and asked me if I was feeling any better. I told him, in fact I was. He said that I have some very small kidney stones, but they are not what's causing my pain. He didn't see anything that looked like a tumor or cancer. Thank you Lord! Of course there wasn't any contrast, but he didn't see anything bad. But I should follow up with a urologist. I'm not sure if he thinks the kidney stones is causing the blood or not. All I know is that I was thrilled to hear that he didn't see anything bad. He did tell me to take the medicine that I have for the stomach cramping. I can't believe I went to the ER! I have never gone to the ER before, but the pain was excruciating.

So, if you didn't think I was crazy before, you do now.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:03 AM   #50  

Diana i googled it and yes, kidney stones can cause either "gross or microscopic bleeding"/blood in urine. As for going to the ER, I have extreme anxiety when it comes to things like this. So I totally understand. Honestly, you did the right thing. Because now you are able to relax and know that you have been checked out and he saw nothing serious. Some people with anxiety ( me) just cannot wait to find out. My mind goes into fear overdrive.

I read posts but am not doing personals now. Saturday was a very busy eating day. I enjoyed all the food I ate. And believe me, it was a lot. going to try to do something constructive now. I vegged out watching Downton Abbey marathon on PBS. I All 6 seasons are airing 24/7 through the long weekend. It's their fundraising drive. I didn't realize when I originally watched it how depressing that show was. People dying, impoverishment, illness, and so much more. Probably should just turn on the news. It takes less time to watch, and the acting is pretty good. But the clothes are much better on DA. Finally i had to turn off the tv and come back to the 21st century so I could get something done.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I plan to recover from all the food I ate today. Although TJs will be getting frozen peaches today. They were out until now.

Last edited by flower123; 09-04-2016 at 04:05 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #51  

9/3
Weight: 146.0
Calories: 1182
Exercise: 11,751 steps
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:39 AM   #52  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nothing for last night or this morning.

I survived through the night! LOL The abdominal pain has improved a lot. I have some but not like it was. Sometimes it takes a day to feel completely back to normal.

Calories for yesterday: 1360 +
Weigh In: 172.2
Down: .6 <--That's good considering no sleep.

Flower Thank you for the support.

Waving HI all around! Have a great day.

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-04-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #53  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I hope you're all having a lovely day so far. The weather is perfect in my neck of the woods. Such a joy having bright blue skies, warm sunshine, and low humidity. I really loathed the sticky heat this summer, so it's a pleasure feeling this beautiful weekend.

My weight is up just a drop, from 149.1 back to 149.8. It's such a small fluctuation that I'm not sure yet if it has any significance. I'll see if it's part of a trend over the next few days.

Yesterday my dad came over and taught me to make a family recipe. We ate some when we were done, even though I was still full from breakfast. Then later that evening, I had a slice of pepperoni pizza and an ice cream sandwich at a social event. I would've preferred eating healthier foods but I want to stay flexible and not let my WOE cause a barrier to socializing.

I've been mostly eating only when I'm hungry, so yesterday felt odd for me. I ate both my dad's food and the pizza/ice cream when I wasn't yet hungry. The timing was off just slightly. Overall, I didn't eat more calories than I typically would yesterday. But it did feel uncomfortable eating when I wasn't hungry. I can fall into that pattern of overeating, of not letting genuine hunger signal when to eat. But I think it's important for me to learn and make peace with eating even when I'm not hungry if it fits my social life, and have faith and confidence in myself that doing so won't result in me overeating that day as a whole.

Sundove - Your vacation sounds amazing to me, exactly something I would love to do. Your anxieties were quite imaginative! I'm glad none came to fruition and that it's been a smooth trip. What a lovely few days.

Diana - I'm glad you went to the ER too. Sometimes quick answers are exactly what's needed. If you want to hear the silliest reason to go to the ER...I went there once because with a q-tip I'd pushed ear wax in too deep and I couldn't hear. It was so worth the teasing of my colleagues and the ER staff though (at the time, I worked in the hospital's Media Relations department), because they used this cool device that sucked out all the ear wax. I've never heard better! Idk if regular doctor offices have it. I should ask. It was sublime.

FYML - Wow, congrats on even better results than expected! I'm happy your hard work is paying off.

Flower - On the radio, I heard the DA marathon advertised, and I immediately thought it was fundraising time. That's how they suck us in! LOL when you compared and contrasted today's news with DA.

Btw, I completely understand what you mean about finding it helpful to organize "off plan" days by labeling them as such in your mind. I think in a similar way. It's kinda like the general advice to "eat well 80% of the time." To me, "on plan" is part of that 80%. I prefer to mentally label the 20%/off plan bc it helps me track how often that is occurring. That way I notice right away if that 20% is growing into 50+ %.

Zonie - I'm glad you were able to work social events into your eating plan. Good luck with the house hunting!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-04-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everybody! Is everyone having a lovely weekend?

Didn't do so good over the last couple of days. Eating too much. Getting it back under control today. I also have a lifting session planned for this afternoon.

Diana - Sorry you aren't doing so well, but I'm really glad that the Dr didn't find anything really bad. Hope everything goes as well with the urologist and that you start feeling better soon. I don't think you are at all crazy for going to the E.R. Better to go when you might not need it, then not go when you do.

Chunkahlunkah - The weather sounds lovely. We've actually had some really nice mornings the last couple days, didn't get above 68 until around noon. Of course I still didn't manage to get my lawn mowed. Congrats on your loss.

nicoley - Enjoy your time at the resort. Sounds like you have a good plan.

flower123 - I think a planned day off is a great idea. Better than having unplanned ones like I just did. I know a lot of people find it easier to stick with their normal daily plan if they have an "off" day to look forward to.

zoniegirl - That is the one downside to calorie counting...you can have anything. Yeah, you could just have a tub of icecream, but you'll be hungry as heck afterwards. Lower carb does seem to make it easier.

FYML - Awesome weigh in! You are doing fantastic. 35 consecutive days of exercise?!? Amazing!

Sundove - Sounds like you are having a lovely trip.

Gail - Have a good time with your family!

Nicholsfamily - Are you feeling better? Hope your dinner out went well.

Keep up the good work all!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

I am feeling soooo much better. This is the first time my flare up presented itself this way. It was "brewing" and "building" all week. (the pain is normally during the course of an evening) My regular Dr. had mentioned another way to take my meds to prevent it from getting worse, once I realize what's going on. I didn't implement any of this because it was totally different this time. This morning when I got out of the shower, I did what she said. It usually takes a day for the soreness in my stomach to go away. I have no pain what so ever at this time. Amazing! I just can't believe how different I feel right now vs. how I felt last night. I was just talking with my husband and I told him that I truly thought I would be telling him some really bad news last night. He stayed in the waiting room and didn't go back with me. I was so dreading sharing the news with him. Ha! Look out, I'm not dying after all. Maybe next week, but not now.

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-04-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:46 PM   #56  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Diana - I'm so glad you're feeling better!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 310/305.4/unlimited goal

Talking Hello everyone

Hello everyone, this seems like just a nice place to post.

I am eating clean since Sept 1. I have a long road ahead, but I think I can do it.

I'm staying on track today, focusing on water in-take. I can't seem to get enough and I know it is important.

Enjoy the rest of the day!
Opine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 9/3/16 update

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well!

Just a short post today, no personals.

WI 207.4; cal. 1,230; carb 137 g; fat 36 g; protein 101 g; sodium 3,635 mg; sugar 41 g.

Exercise - none, recovery day.

Happy to maintain yesterday's loss. Ordered more WS food, but just for a couple of meals a day. Will eat regular food for the rest. My sodium and carbs are up today since I ate out at Chili's for lunch after church. They have a lighter fare menu and I had the spicy pasilla chili chicken, it was delicious and only 420 calories. Took measurements a couple of days ago. I haven't done that in a long time. Even though I've lost weight, I was still bigger than I thought I would be. Strange what tricks your mind plays on you. When I was really thin, I had the mental image of being heavier. Now that I'm heavier, I have the mental image of being smaller. I hope to one day have an accurate mental picture of my size and weight.

That's all for now...have a great day!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:50 PM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I am still feeling good.

Tomorrow we are going to grill steaks at the house.

I went to lunch with the ladies at church today. They chose a Mexican place. I decided that I was going to order a salad and avoid the chips and salsa. I was successful!

Opine Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Total approx 1280 calories &

Breakfast (260 calories + )

Organic Valley Vanilla Shake fuel 260 calories
coffee w/cream, sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (400 calories)

Salad w/grilled chicken, lettuce, avocado, tomato, and just a pinch of cheese and ranch on the side. (I didn't have my dressing with me this time. I am planning on taking my dressing to church and put in the refrigerator. I can carry the plastic cups in my car) 400 calories

Dinner (620 calories)
turkey avocado BLT @ Panera 540 calories
apple 80 calories

Exercise
45 minute outdoor walk
Old 09-04-2016, 10:55 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

My calories were a little high again today (1972), but I had a killer workout that burned around 700 calories, so I'm content. Sugar is what's doing me in lately. My stepmom keeps making apple pies and they are so good!

My fortnightly weigh in / measure is due tomorrow. Been a bit up in weight due to starting back with carbs, so hopefully it isn't too bad.

Welcome to the check in Opine!

I'm glad you are doing better Diane.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 09-04-2016 at 10:56 PM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote