Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #241  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Down. 0.9 today to 371.9. Would be nice if that last .9 of water came off before the weekend and I could get down into the 360's!!! I'm wearing my "barometer" jeans and they're more comfortable in the waist, although they're still pretty snug in the legs.

Yesterday calories in 1556
Canned salmon with mayo and onion
broccoli
aged cheddar
lamb roast with onion and tomato
small bite of the coconut fried bananas I made for bf
salted dark chocolate

Exercise was a 30 minute walk with the dog.

Don't think I'll have time to get to the pool today, cat has a vet appointment. Will walk the dog and maybe do a little kettlebell work.

Last edited by Radiojane; 04-10-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #242  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, scale is still being friendly to me. Down 4.8 since April 1st. I'm starting to fit more and more walking into my day too. Eating is going great too - I'm eating similarly to how I did when I was the most successful - low carb, moderate protein and high fat. That balance is just the best for me period as I have ZERO cravings and feel completely satiated. No one stays successful for long if they are constantly fighting hunger pangs! And right now veggies taste SOOOOOO good to me now, that I'm eating tons of them.

Ok... off to run errands.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #243  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

No change to my weight, as usual.

Breakfast: egg sandwich, coffee
Lunch: lasagna if there is enough leftover
Dinner: greek salad

I'm going to ride my bike to meet someone buying a baby carrier from me and then weightlifting with dh.

Eta...the initial bike ride ended up at a closer location so a quick ride. Dh and I rode bikes to the gym for weightlifting. Total ride was 30 minutes and weightlifting 30 minutes. I need to get back into choosing the bike to commute instead of the car more.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 04-10-2014 at 03:19 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #244  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I am in Belgium and fly home tomorrow. I have eaten a lot of fish over the past week so am expecting a gain. I just can't resist fresh fish when it is on offer and I do not have to cook it.

I have worked out most days but not as much as usual. I have not weighed.

Let's see what I weigh on Saturday. Gulp. Must be in the 170s for sure. Nasty.

But God it's been good to eat fresh fish every day. A lot less bloating.

Saying that I am bringing back some canned sardines from Turkey and some canned King Crab from Belgium. The latter is one of my favorites.

And then of course, we have Turkish honey...

I traveled with a colleague who used to live in China. He gave me some useful advice that I am going to try with my diet. He suggested that Asians are generally slim, in part, because they eat with chopsticks which slows their eating down and allows the food to hit their stomach.

So, when I get home chopsticks it is (at least for my lunch salad)!

Last edited by IanG; 04-10-2014 at 05:45 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Today was a little harder for me. Did well breakfast and lunch, but couldn't wait until dinner. Just starving. Made it to dinner, then scarfed down my salad (no dressing), had a weight watcher treat and a yogurt. Turned out to be 1600 cals! Hope to do better tomorrow.

Tomorrow's Friday! Yay!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 163/162/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the tip about the chopsticks - sounds like a good idea. I do envy you - your trip sounds really interesting. Travel is wonderful!
Chubbie Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #247  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

sniffle, thank you everyone for the warm condolences and good good suggestions. I am always still amazed at how much all my new "internet support helps me." Maybe I needed to feel like a part something positive and productive all along. hmmm.

I caved and ate two bars yesterday. I just needed a hug and could not figure out a better way at the time. The dogs got sick of me touching them. I was still under my calories, over in carbs, and doggonit, I had lost a lb this morning.

I did not exercise except the dogs out 2x today. But, I also worked at the shop.

I(sniffle) can't express how much everyone's support really means to me. Thank you so very much.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 163/162/120

Height: 5'4"

Well, I made it through Day 2 of my DIY Weight Watchers Program and I'm pleased with the fact that I'm not hungry. Writing down everything that I eat and drink has been very enlightening. I realize now how much mindless "grazing" I was doing. This journal really makes me aware of what I'm eating and makes me accountable. I'm hoping I stay this positive as this journey progresses.

Last edited by Chubbie Chick; 04-10-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Chubbie Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:07 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/153

Height: 1,73m

yesterday's exercise: 30min run, 90min walk
yesterday's calories: 2300

good morning you guys
I was really hungry last night, hence the high calories. Hope to do better today.
Have a great start into the Weekend everyone
183StGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #250  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Did well yesterday.

Net Calories: 1517
B - Egg Bagel w/ Peanut Butter
S - Fiber One Lemon Bar
L - Buffalo Chicken Dip w/ Flatbread
S - Dark Chocolate
D - Bumble Bee Tilapia Fillets in Curry Sauce + Green Beans & Sliced Potatoes
S - French Fries
Exercise: Elliptical (-120) + Strength Training (-40) + Treadmill (-20) + Stretching (-15)

Going out with friends tonight to a local restaurant. Haven't been there for years. Keeping the rest of the day light so I can get a Hot Roast Beef Sandwich & Fries.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-11-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #251  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Up a teeny bit from last week, TOM started yesterday so not worried about it.

Will log food later, not sure how the day is going to go.

Have a great day everyone
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #252  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I didn't workout yesterday nor did I do any yoga last night. The day was just too exhausting. The service was beautiful, though. There was a catered event after the service yesterday. My food got a little derailed with that. I am back on plan with food and exercise today.

I am hoping that I will feel less stressed over things. It's so hard watching someone close to you go through all of that all over again. There was a lady there who is a close friend of the family. She lost her DH a year ago. They had traveled all over the US trying to find a cure for his cancer. I have known her through this family and since her DH's ordeal She has had a rough time dealing with all of it too. As we were leaving the Chapel, she was in the corner of the room sobbing frantically. The only people who knew her there were immediate family members (they were in the limo) and us. I went to console her so she could get through all of it. So anyways, hopefully all of this is over for now and none of us have to relive it again any time soon.

My DH has been friends with Danny for 40+ years and they were hunting buddies. DH would call Danny twice a day and would go see him every day or every other day, depending on our schedule. The family gave special thanks to us in the service program as well as other people who were particularly supportive of them during this time.

Feeling positive and less edgy today.

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 166.2 (TTOM)
Up: .6

Waving Hi all around! Have a beautiful Friday and start to your weekend.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-11-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #253  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

barbellslayer Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #254  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I didn't workout yesterday nor did I do any yoga last night. The day was just too exhausting. The service was beautiful, though. There was a catered event after the service yesterday. My food got a little derailed with that. I am back on plan with food and exercise today.

I am hoping that I will feel less stressed over things. It's so hard watching someone close to you go through all of that all over again. There was a lady there who is a close friend of the family. She lost her DH a year ago. They had traveled all over the US trying to find a cure for his cancer. I have known her through this family and since her DH's ordeal She has had a rough time dealing with all of it too. As we were leaving the Chapel, she was in the corner of the room sobbing frantically. The only people who knew her there were immediate family members (they were in the limo) and us. I went to console her so she could get through all of it. So anyways, hopefully all of this is over for now and none of us have to relive it again any time soon.

My DH has been friends with Danny for 40+ years and they were hunting buddies. DH would call Danny twice a day and would go see him every day or every other day, depending on our schedule. The family gave special thanks to us in the service program as well as other people who were particularly supportive of them during this time.

Feeling positive and less edgy today.

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 166.2 (TTOM)
Up: .6

Waving Hi all around! Have a beautiful Friday and start to your weekend.
I am so sorry for tremendous loss of a very good, very long term friend. Those friendships oftentimes mean even more than family.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #255  
Melissa

Morning all - life is good. I cannot complain. The better weather is definitely making it easy. I don't ever remember a rougher winter!

Big plans for the weekend. I'll be cleaning today, working on the yard on Saturday, and then hosting a cookout at our house on Sunday. Can't wait!

Scale is down another .4 (which is surprising since I ate salsa yesterday and for some reason salsa usually makes me bloat (and it's homemade).