Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #166  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I didn't do so well over the weekend. I feel like I ate a lot. Nothing all that terrible, but just a lot of it. I'm going to try to get back on track today, but I have plans to go to dinner with my boyfriend today. I'll definitely go to the gym and all that tomorrow.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #167  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning everyone. Though it's not a pretty morning here in MD, but it was a very nice weekend!

I got walks in both Saturday and Sunday, and despite needing to make a HUGE cake for an event on Sunday, I managed to stay out of the cake batter and icing - except for a quick taste. On Sunday, I took one SMALL piece to try it (new recipe) and that's it. That is a pretty huge deal for me!

Today I went to the doctor's office to go over labs and now I'm about to run off to the dentist to get an ill-fitting crown replaced (just popping it on) and a cleaning. Then home.

No time for personals, but I'll be reading throughout the day!

Oh, and scale was down 2.4 pounds this morning - gotta love beginner's rate of loss.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-07-2014 at 09:10 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #168  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

My weight is up today but that's because I ate a TON of veggies yesterday. Not too worried about it. The temporary weight gain will, ummmm, pass. lol

Back to giving plasma today. Afterwards I eat two cheese sticks, drink a Kombucha tea, and then I take raspberry ketones. Not for weight loss but for energy! My body runs on ketones and the plasma donation depletes them. I think I have finally discovered the right nutritional balance to restore my blood after the donation to avert needing a three hour nap.

Which is great because I simply have too much to do; I cannot afford to take a nap! The temperature is supposed to be 95° here today and I have to shade the veggies I just planted in the garden or they will die. They are not hardened off yet and cannot face extreme temps so early in the growing season. Plus I have grocery shopping to do, have to go get my tires done at the mechanic, my son has a doctor appointment, and then a driving lesson (Pray for us! we have a teenage boy learning to drive!). Followed by a three mile walk with the dog this evening.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #169  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Good morning! It might actually be spring here! I was able to leave the windows open all night long!

I'm up 1.8 this morning (back to that stupid 372.8!) But Between Red lobster and grazing all day yesterday I had that coming! BF put in his vacation requests last night, so I'm hoping all goes good and I have both a summer trip out to coast and a warm one to Mexico in January to work toward!

I didn't track my calories yesterday. My mom stayed over after our trip and we took my nephews to brunch and to the park. I made good choices at the brunch and threw it all away when I got home

Roll mops (pickled herring with dill pickles)
a spoonful of naturally fermented sauerkraut
broccoli and cauliflower
dill dip
breakfast sausage
small chocolate pudding
roasted lamb
aged cheddar
Salted dark chocolate

In short; Way too much food, but I did inadvertently IF for two days. I did spend a lot of the day on my feet again though.

Today will be another fast day. My colleague is on vacation in Europe and I got last minute notice that I have to walk some big wigs through the property. No idea how long that will take but I doubt that I'll be able to swim.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #170  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

Well it's been a long time (last Sept in fact) since I have logged on. I'm about 8 lbs from my goal.
I had a motivating moment this last weekend when I went to a concert with my husband and found him nearly undressing the girl in front of me with his eyes. It hurt my feelings and I know his behavior is totally uncalled for. I told him how much it hurt my feelings.
Either way, it may not be right what he did, but it reminded me of why I began this lifestyle change in the first place. He is a jerk for what he did, and I know I am pretty, but it was the push that I needed I guess.
So my husbands jerkiness is the reason I am back. I might need to reassess my motives for doing this. I should be doing this for me, not so I can feel "sexy" for my husband. My feelers are still pretty hurt. But more often than not, my anger and hurt motivates me. (I'll show him kind of thing)

Binged on ice cream and brownies over the weekend, but I'm roaring and ready to go now. Price of food is insane right now, and with five kids, it may be hard to buy what I want to (organic and fresh)...but I'll do what I can.

Glad to be back!
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #171  
Colleen

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Good Morning Everyone!

Well.....today, so far, has been a GREAT day and this is why... (need to vent so this might be long...) (also - kind of personal but I tend to be an open book)...

I am absolutely terrified of going to the doctor. For some strange reason it fills me with horrible anxiety and I end up convincing myself that something horrible is happening. So...finally I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and some of my blood work came back elevated. Long story short, I had to go back in for more testing and I ended up convincing myself that I had ovarian cancer. I, stupidly, did a google search and tried to diagnose myself and the diagnosis I came up with was cancer. I know, I am an idiot.

Today was the day I had to go back for my test results of the ultrasound that i had last week. This entire weekend, I didn't sleep, I barely ate, and I cried a lot. Stupid, I know.

My husband went to the appt with me and THANKFULLY all tests came back okay. I was diagnosed with PCOS (which I am starting to notice is rather common) but it is nothing life threatening. I cannot describe the feeling of relief that I have right now.

With all of that being said, this experience has made me more determined than ever to get myself healthy. I have come to realize that I am getting older and I need to watch what I eat and get out and exercise!

Last week was a really great week. I ate 1400 calories or less every day and exercised 5 out of 7 days. I am only walking for now but my goal is to become a Runner.

Anyway - looking forward to a great week and I hope you all have a great week as well!
casakran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #172  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

I've just been struggling for the last few months. I haven't been losing weight, but I have lost about a half an inch around my stomach in the last two months due to execise. I decided that I am going to re-adjust my MFP settings for a while and see where it gets me.

Current Weight: 178 lbs
Goal Weight: 150 lbs
Activity Level: Sedentary
Workouts: 2 per week for 25 minutes
Goal: -0.5 Pounds per Week

By following these guidelines and consuming 1710 net calories a day, MFP says that I should lose 2.5 pounds by May 12th. I just think this will be easier for me right now. I'm having trouble sticking to low calorie currently. I am going to try to go to the gym more than twice a week, but this is worst case scenario.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-07-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #173  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Gonna get there soon, welcome back and you can do this! You're so close to goal! I have 4 kids and do organic, homemade and barely eat out and you're right, the food budget is still insane.

Casakran, I'm glad you got some answers and it wasn't what you feared. Everytime I look up symptoms I either have cancer or MS, both things my parents have dealt with. Coincidence? :P

Today so far...

Breakfast:
Egg, goat cheese and spinach on English muffin
Coffee with milk

Lunch and dinner will be bean soup.

Boot camp and cals according to Lose It app (ouch!).
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #174  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

I am here, I just don't get on much although I read through a lot....I worked out both days this weekend and got a lot of errands and chores done...today it is pouring rain outside...I love being home alone listening to the sound of rain but I also have to go back out in it lol

today is a rest day from the gym as I have a potential meeting (if she calls me) and some errands to get done
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #175  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

gonna be hot today! it's so nice out there...every time I think I want to leave So Cal because everything is so freakin' expensive, I am reminded that because I was born here I would never be happy with the weather any where else!
but seriously - I went to Costco and bought 6 items and it ran me 85 bucks! I filled up my truck with gas and it was about that much, too. ugh.

Ok, today's menu:
B - 0% Fage Greek yogurt/17 almonds/honey/pumpkin pie spice
L - kale salad/chicken breast
S - apple pear
D - steamed broccoli and either leftover grilled chicken breast, or a burger patty. not sure which, but I have Business Management class tonight so it's gotta be fast!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #176  
California licensed CPA!

I just came back from going for a walk during my lunch hour...45 minutes, 2.66 miles, and 248 calories according to mapmywalk - BUT, the calories could be more because it doesn't take in to account that it was a lot of uphill. I'm still cooling down! It's 88 degrees out there
Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #177  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

now you've got me curious about the prices in california, since you said they were expensive...i've always wondered how the rest of the country compares to where i live....for example, milk is $2.99/gallon here and gas is $3.79/gallon...bananas are .79 cents per pound...zucchini is $2.48 per pound...

ive never lived outside of AK so i'm always curious how the rest of everyone lives lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #178  
California licensed CPA!

our gas is at $4.15 per gallon for the regular right now. we get hit with so many taxes it's ridiculous! I'll have to pay attention next time I go grocery shopping to the actual food prices...don't know them off the top. But houses here that would cost 150K in say, Nevada, cost 600K here.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #179  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Today's weather was about as dreary a Monday as you could imagine, DH has a fire going in the woodstove, damp and cold, will be going on the exercise bike in a bit, it's 37 and raining...SoCal sounds great right now, actually it sounds like it's nicer in Saskatchewan... hope more days like yesterday and less like today are in the future

Alaskan in northeast PA gas just went down a bit to 3.68 a gallon, I don't buy regular milk often anymore, half a gallon of almond milk is usually 2.99 on sale, 3.69 regular price, that seems really high for zucchini, I guess it's out of season in most places, late in the summer in PA you can't give them away, everyone's had enough

Feeling a little snacky, so I best go down and exercise and then see how I feel, I took my vitamin late, not sure if that has anything to do with anything.

Psychic maybe you need to look at eating different things for those same calories, sorry, I didn't look back to see what a typical day for you entails, I added eggs for breakfast because I was getting hungry way before lunch, sometimes I need to eat more food, kind of like Larry's volumetrics, like today I ate 2 clementines right before lunch, then my lunch, then my 2 other clementines, luckily I felt full after that, every day seems to be different for me. Sometimes I have some nuts for a snack, tonight I had some pepper jack cheese.

I'm not really hungry, just feel like I want to eat something, I think it's the cool weather, maybe some hot tea...ok, going to bike...later

gonna get there soon welcome back, best of luck to you

caskaran glad your results were better than expected, hope you're feeling better!

Diana sorry to hear about your flare up, probably the recent stressors, hope you're feeling better soon as well

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #180  
Light n lovely

S/C/G: 193/193/140

Height: 5 9.5"

Red face Back at all time heaviest

I'm back, tried Atkins , but need to go back to watching what I eat, my caloric intake and exercise. Ever since I stepped on the scale on Friday, I have worked out everyday.
Today I did the elliptical machine for 1 hour. Will go on walk with dog later this evening.
Thistimeitsreal is offline   Reply With Quote