Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

My total calories for Tuesday was 1,374
My daily goal is 1,650

Breakfast
Great Value - Strawberry Awake Cereal, 2 cup
Winn Dixie - 2% Reduced Fat Milk, 1 cup

Lunch
Nature's Own - 40 Calorie Wheat Bread, 2 Slice
Oscar Mayer Cotto Salami, 2 slice
Heinz - Premium Horseradish Sauce, 1 Tbsp

Dinner
Meatloaf - Home Made, 5 oz
Mashed Potatoes W/ Gravy , 0.5 cup
Frozen Mixed Vegetables, 0.33 cup
Side Salad (Lettuce and Tomatoes)
Small Dinner Roll, 1
White Cake With White Icing, 1 oz

Snacks
Glory Foods Sensibly Seasoned Lower Sodium - Tomatoes & Okra, 1 1/2 cup
Large, Navel Orange, 100 g
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #257  

Height: 5'9"

I did really well yesterday AM, then had a mini-binge that PM.

That sugar craving!! And salt craving!!

I will beat this and eat healthy today, ALL day!

OK, I just went on the scale and lost a pound anyway!!

Last edited by Inkrid; 10-16-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #258  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

I'm doing pretty well this morning. Yesterday I was thinking "I need to eat something soft and comforting like chicken and dumplings or some type of pasta" It's so funny how the mind can do this stuff. It was truly scheming against me. I had a choice. I could fall into that or eat my regular food. I chose turnip greens as my veggie since they are soft. The other steamed veggies still have a little crunch to them and I didn't want to deal with that. I took my time with the chicken tenders and chewed on the good side. I didn't have any pain so I was good. I am so glad that I didn't listen to that voice in my head telling me that I "needed" those other foods. I still had a small gain, but that's to be expected. I actually didn't drink my normal amount of water yesterday since I was out of the office for so long.

Calories for yesterday: 1555 +
Weigh In: 159.6
Up: .4

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #259  
Happygal

S/C/G: 200/176.7/140

Talking 181!!

Hey all!!

Diana I am so sorry to hear about the tooth problem!! Sounds like you are doing well with all the issues. Hope it continues to be pain free!!

I was down this morning with my weight!! I had to share. This is the lowest my weight has been in years!

181!!!! I was so excited!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Thanks,
Happygal aka Christi
Happygal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #260  

Diana3271, Sorry to hear about your tooth pain. I had the same thing about a year ago. Ouch! The only silver lining was that it did actually kill my appetite.
lizweightlossjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #261  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Why in the world have I strayed?? Enjoying my breakfast more than I thought humanly possible:

Cappuccino; 2 fried eggs locally sourced (received in trade for a canoe!); whole wheat toast with unsweetened apple butter; salad of organic local greens, strawberries, and balsamic.

This beats candy corn any day!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #262  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
Why in the world have I strayed?? Enjoying my breakfast more than I thought humanly possible:

This beats candy corn any day!
It's those crazy voices in our head! I forgot to mention this from yesterday. When I was ordering my smoothie, I originally ordered a chocolate smoothie. Before I got to the place my brain was already is overdrive. It was scheming and planning. After I ordered the chocolate smoothie, I changed my order to strawberry banana. They are the same calories, but I thought twice and realized that the chocolate would probably trigger me to want other tempting things.

Also, something from Sunday. DH wanted to eat at a different place. I knew if I ate there, that meal would have to be my lunch and dinner. After eating, my brain was scheming again. It was trying to convince me that I needed dessert since I had that indulgent meal AND that it was going to be my only food for the rest of the day. I pushed down those thoughts and realized that I would be at my calorie allotment for the day. Eating an indulgent dessert would only cause more problems and disappointment later.

I literally have to talk to myself and convince myself about these things. I don't always have these issues, but some days are a real struggle for me. I swear my brain is evil and does not have my best interest at heart. I have said this before food is my drug of choice and I act like an addict at times.

Anyways, good job on your breakfast and getting back on plan.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #263  
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
It was scheming and planning.
That's it, exactly. The scheming and planning. People always talk about the difference between "naturally thin" people and us. In my world, this is the fundamental difference. I just don't see my friends and family who have not been overweight scheming for how to get some candy in their day, for example. That's not to say that they don't work hard to maintain their slimness -- they do. But scheme? I'm not seeing it. I could be wrong though.

Good job in maintaining your resolve!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #264  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Diana - sorry about your tooth. Dental issues are no fun.

@Diana and newleaf

I too talked myself out of temptation yesterday.... I am enjoying TOM, and yesterday I was just starving.... (or so my body decided to convince me) I was all ready to order in some take out AND include some cake, but then I cancelled my order and made something here instead.... I did some pop corn (kernels in a pot with a bit of EVOO so they don't stick) and had a hot chocolate (instant made with water).... better than take out food.

Plus I also looked up the calorie content on french fries and believe I will be saying goodbye to them.

Checking in - down .2 today and I will so take it!

I have also been completely on plan today, except no exercise as standing up hurts (TOM)....

I had a great chat with my mum the other day that lasted 2 hours.... and let me give some background, this summer she and my dad split up (Not going into details, but it was a surprise for my mum) after almost 30 years of marriage....my mum also had sciatic nerve and bulging disc issues all of last year (remember I live overseas, things happening at home are a struggle for me at times)

Anyways, we are both moving forward and focusing on the future... she had a rough bit with Thanksgiving, and I had moments too where I realised our 'family' doesn't exist anymore.... but our chat was great.

We both need to drop weight.... and we have made some plans for Christmas when I come home to be on plan and not indulge too much. I will do a lot of cooking and we are going to pick a couple of restaurants to eat out in, and I will bring a small selection of treats from the London airport (she is originally from England, and we both love British chocolate)..... but we are both happy to be starting our own plans away from each other, as we were the worst for enabling each other.

It was such a positive talk, and I have the most GINORMOUS 'carrot' on my motivation stick (I want to go to Disneyworld next year if my vacation time is anything similar to this year) and my mum supports it...she even suggested I return to Hong Kong (so now I have to decide between Orlando and Hong Kong)

Anyways, sorry for rambling just so much going through my head the past few months that is finally feels good to be so committed to weight loss....... and actually NOT giving into temptation....
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #265  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning! i was up late last night, not even getting home from class until 9 p.m....we practiced search and rescue techniques for removing victims from a partially collapsed building...we were outside ALOT last night and it was COLD!...once i get chilled i immediately want carbs and it also takes my body forever to warm up...for example i was pretty chilled by about 730 p.m. and my body wasn't truly warm again until midnight...and i also came home and made a nice plate (or two) of whole wheat pasta, garlic, parmesan cheese and zucchini which is one of my favorite dishes although its too many carbs

today i have another long day...interviewing an applicant during what should be my "off time" and then going after work straight to a board of directors strategic planning retreat which will ALSO last until after 9 p.m.

i was at the gym yesterday and got a nice compliment from a new girl about the heavy weights that i can do on the machines
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #266  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Oct 1-193.4
Oct 2-195.6
Oct 3-195.8
Oct 4-?
Oct 5-194.4
Oct 10-195.4
Oct 12-193.0
Oct 16-193.6
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #267  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Crazy day at work today. And FIL still in hospital so crazy at home. Up 1.8lbs today.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low-calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo light. A few olives. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Pecan smoked trout, kippers, 7 anchovies, a little salted cod, a little pickled herring, raspberry vinagrette, brussel sprouts, beets, jalepeno peppers, mixed greens, argula, tomato, pickled garlic, corn, black beans, lentils, olives, blueberries, red onion, hemp seeds, olive hummus, spicy tsatsiki, french onion dip, mashed pumpkin.

Dinner: Will drink beer.

Exercise: Did 50 minutes of weight training. Ran 6.22 miles before lunch. Will play squash after work.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

I've decided to stop weighing in for now. The daily weight fluctuations from drinking too much water, not enough water, exercise, etc, while logical and makes sense, still feels a bit discouraging. I was starting to obsess with the numbers on the scale, too. I weighed in again at 254.5 lbs. I think I'll wait until November 1st for my next weigh in.

I really loved intermittent fasting but I think I should widen my eating window instead of just one hour and add in a bit more food. My appetite seems to be returning (stress factors have decreased a bit) and I realized that going pretty much 23 hours without food has created some serious GERD issues. Today I was hypoglycemic... my entire body was shaking and I was cold. Weird experience.

On the plus side, I really feel like I've got the hang of eating more intuitively now... relying on hunger to eat.

Lunch: Some turkey cocktails, a can of chicken pot pie soup and vitamin water. Holy excessive sodium, Batman. But the shakes immediately went away.

I'm still going to be accountable here diet-wise and hope to incorporate some exercise.

Last edited by LadyPetite; 10-16-2013 at 05:09 PM.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #269  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

why do i get the creepers??? ughhh

i had a set of creepy phone calls that I received at work yesterday afternoon. I noticed my desk phone ringing in a "transfer" call around 345-400, meaning the person called the main school line and put in my room extension to transfer the call to my desk. I kept getting "transfer" calls consistently throughout the afternoon and, when I managed to catch the phone to answer it, no one was there. I figured whoever was calling would either leave a message or call my cell phone, neither of which happened.

Twice when I answered the phone while it was ringing, no one said anything on the line. I hung up and went about my day. By about 500 when I answered the phone, a disguised male voice said something very sexually inappropriate. I didn't respond, hung up the phone, and they never called again. Creeeeeepy because whoever did that knew exactly who they were calling, because of having to dial my room extension every single time for about an hour.
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #270  
Heidi

Alaskan totally creepy...

Lunch was awesome: Homemade pumpkin anasazi bean soup, a couple of crackers, an apple.

Snack was awesome: Peanut butter softened in the microwave, banana sliced on top, back into the microwave for quick heat, add tiny drizzle of honey and some cinnamon.

Again, why the candy corn??? This is all so much better.

Dinner plan is just some baked chicken with African spices, mashed potatoes for the kids (plan not to eat any), and salad. I'm hungry so I guess I better get working on it!

Last edited by newleaf123; 10-16-2013 at 05:40 PM.