Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #196  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Dropping in for just a sec to read. Congrats on no meds, Novangel!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkitty View Post
Diana~ Thanks ... I feel really good with fruit and veg. It's the question of getting enough ripe fresh goodness. I have been going crazy over watermelon. I will be so sad when the season is over for them.
100% this. I've been eating large enough quantities of watermelon lately to count it as meals. And I don't really want to cook much of anything lately or eat any hot food, so it's been looooots of fresh fruit, veggies, and nuts. I only wish summer (meaning cheap seasonal produce) lasted longer

Oh, and in other news, I'm officially at a healthy BMI now, as of a few days ago. I also feel I've reached a sort of "zen" mode for weight loss - I don't have to think about my food or calories that much, because my default calorie intake is set at a decent deficit. I have found the mental and physical off-switch that deters me from overeating. It's a great feeling.

Last edited by Chronostasis; 07-14-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #197  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ive got to get back into the groove of eating right....my parents leave tomorrow and I have to get back into good eating....I haven't been eating LOADS of unhealthy choices but virtually everything I've eaten has been junk in some form or another....since they are from a remote homestead, they delight in the fresh donuts from the bakery every morning, various coffees, deli foods from the big stores, fresh pizzas and gourmet birthday treats (mom's birthday) and I've eaten right along with them...also TOM is supposed to start in a few days so my willpower to behave has been seriously short with food...while I haven't eaten the same amount of food as they have (they said I can just roll them onto the airplane tomorrow lol) ive definitely been eating one bad choice after another and sometimes going back for more

I worked out on the weekdays but then haven't on the weekend....I had a fabulous plan to go run a series of hills and stairs this morning while mom walked through the cemetery (we are both tombstone junkies) but it was raining and would have made the route and stairs too slippery to run safely

anyhow, tomorrow I have to get back on plan and stick to something to get some more weight off
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 395/376.9/220

Height: 5'9"

Thank you all for the welcome!

Did my first day of the Paleo plan and I have to say I wasn't hungry AT ALL.

I have always had a major candy addiction and to go the whole day without even thinking about eating any is a shock. Not having grains, dairy or sugar for the whole day and always feeling full after I ate was totally unexpected!

Hopefully, this isn't just a first day adrenaline rush and I finally found a plan that works for me!

My short term goal is to run a half marathon in January (i don't run at all now). I am in pretty decent condition though so this is a doable goal even if I would still be over 300lbs by the time I run (but i hope not )

Here's hoping I dont wake up with a headache from the carb withdrawal tomorrow!
The New G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #199  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last Night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Today I will take a rest day from working out since we will be driving to Myrtle Beach to the fondue place.

I haven't completely lost all the water weight from my crazy reaction last week. I am still up but it's less than a pound. TTOM is getting ready to start. I'm sure that's part of the reason I haven't lost any more and stalled. I will be faced with TTOM this week and I'm sure I will have a sodium gain from the food today. I plan on having a smaller lunch like a grilled chicken wrap, etc.

Calories for yesterday: 1665 +
Weigh In: 160
Up: .2

Enjoy your day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #200  

Yesterday journal - total calories 1394
B-3 eggs, strawberries, pecans
L-carne asada, lettuce, guacamole, salsa
S-jerky, almonds
D-cajun shrimp, carrots
S-turkey slices
Water - 116oz

Woke up clear, no headache or stomach rumblings from cutting out grains and sugar yesterday. Feeling quite good and noticed the bit of water retention in my ankles is gone!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 164/pregnant/128

Height: 5'6

Happy Sunday!

Just as I expected, they scale went back up, but no complaints here!

today's weight: 138.9 (up 1.2)
yesterday's calories: 1,585
yesterday's exercise: approx. 450 calorie burn running/walking outside in the heat.
oxalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #202  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 0.4lbs today. The days of the big losses look to be over.

Never mind, I pan-seared some snails today to eat with my salad.

Delicious.

Breakfast: 2 open raw mushroom sandwiches on low calorie bread with light mayo. Some olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with pan-seared snails with garlic and parsley, spicey hummus, corn, red onion, lettuce, assorted mushrooms, tomato, olives, sun-dried tomato and pickled onion.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Stone RuinTen)

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Ran 5K this morning.

Once a week I will eat snails from now on. Like I do scallops.

Last edited by IanG; 07-14-2013 at 03:58 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #203  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Once a week I will eat snails from now on. Like I do scallops.
What is the nutritional value of a snail? I gotta know!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #204  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Yesterday's Calories: 1645
Today's Weight: 173.4

B- Chicken, Spinach, and Mushroom Flatbread + Hard Boiled Egg + Colby Cheese
S - Tortilla Chips w/ Melted Cheese and Jalepenos
L - Rye Bread w/ Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad & Provolone
S - Cucumber
D - Whole Wheat English Muffin w/ Peanut Butter & Sugarfree Strawberry Jelly
S - Fiber One Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar + Diet Dr Pepper

Yesterday was a planned cheat day, but I really didn't do so badly. I'm feeling a little better today. Haven't had an appetite all day though. One good thing... New low! I might just reach 172 this month.

Last edited by Psychic; 07-14-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #205  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

my parents went home today they left on a noon flight from here and are on their last flight right now, landing in 45 minutes and then driving 2 hours to their homestead....yes, that's how long it takes to travel around the GREAT STATE of Alaska!!

ive tried to back off on the eating today and had more appropriate portions of food...granted, not the best food possible but at least not as much eating as I've been doing the last 4 days or so

I really need to start getting back to lower carb and no wheat...it works much better for me than plain old calorie counting but it sucksssss because I really don't like meat, cheese or eggs bleck but maybe i'll try it again
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #206  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Been a bit so-so this week. I think I've just been tired and couldn't really be bothered. So up about a pound which i need to get off again this week. Trying to get back some motivation!!
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #207  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

We didn't get home until 11 PM, then I had to get ready for bed. Not enough sleep for me. I am tired this morning. I will post about my fondu experience later today.

Still no TTOM.

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 162.6
Up: 2.6
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 164/pregnant/128

Height: 5'6

Good Morning All!

Busted my butt at the gym yesterday because I knew I'd be eating a little more than usual that night. Up on the scale again, but it's water weight; TOM is coming.

today's weight: 139.7 (up .8)
yesterday's calories: 1,700 (lots of salty food!)
yesterday's exercise: approx. 800 calorie burn at the gym (running & elliptical)

IanG: Your lunches sound so good! Do you use any dressing or any oil & vinegar?

Last edited by oxalis; 07-15-2013 at 08:10 AM.
oxalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #209  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Yesterday's Calories: 1355
Today's Weight: 173.8

B - King Vitamin Cereal w/ Almond Milk + Coffee w/ Sugarfree Caramel Syrup
S - Jack Link's Tender Bites
L - Japanese Onion Soup
S - Fiber One Lemon Bar
D - Hard Boiled Eggs + String Cheese + Salsa Flavored Tortillas
S - Popcorn + Cheddar Cheese

Slight gain today, but I'm hoping its water weight. I plan on checking out a gym tomorrow and probably getting a membership.

Last edited by Psychic; 07-15-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #210  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Sorry guys, kind of a crazy weekend!

We had a scary storm rip through Saturday. water up past the car tires, hail, winds that took my charcoal grill and threw it across the lot and decapitated all the lawn fairies on my deck.... the list goes on. We had it easy. My mom is an hour and a half away and they lost all their crops and gardens.

I ate junk all weekend, first an appetizer at the bar Friday (although I did stick to water) then pizza on Saturday and we had cheesecake etc yesterday for my BIL and MIL's birthday. That and impending TOM have me up to 377. So much for hitting the 360's by the wedding. I think I'll have to accept that my weight loss for year one isn't going to be much more than 110 pounds.

We took the dog to my in laws yesterday, and I'm still seething. I may not speak to hubby until we leave for vacation! I didn't want to take the dog, because my SIL has two with no manners and no training that get to do whatever they want. They beat the crap out of poor Toby, who was behaving perfectly, and then got mad when Toby growled at them later on when they'd go near him. The poor guy was having so much fun with my MIL's dog before they got there too. I knew it was going to happen. And the attitude I got about it after just ticked me off.

Back at it today. I have company coming for dinner but I'm cooking on plan. Hoping to go for a late night swim.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote