3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   4Week Challenge! 6/3/03---7/03/03 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/28206-4week-challenge-6-3-03-7-03-03-a.html)

Kempyd 06-27-2003 10:12 AM

Well today is my last weight in for this challenge. Iwill be on vacaction next week and I know that there will be no way I can stay OP. I can't beleive that I have actually increased the numbers instead of dropped them. I am not up 2 pounds since the begining of this challenge. Oh well, so much for my birthday weight loss. I will be back on the challenge after July 7.

I hope the rest of you have done great and I can't wait to read all of the weight loss sucesses!

gigglez 06-28-2003 08:36 AM

Kempyd have a wonderful vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grizzlyschick 06-28-2003 10:27 AM

Hi everyone

Hi everyone- Kempyd- hope you have a great vacation:) Way to go on the loss gigglez and dustcatcher. Me I'm down 1lb. On Wednesday I weighed in at 143 and then this am I was 144. Oh well. These last few are holding on for everything they've got:lol: . I'm taking a vow to just relax today. I've been pushing it pretty hard lately and need a break. Hope you all have a great weekend. Take care. Di

Gennel 06-28-2003 10:32 AM

I'm moving today!

I'm about to disconnect this computer in a few minutes but I just had to stop by and say that I'll be back soon! The house is like 98% done and we'll be doing the "walk through" July7. The closing is a few days after that. We're waiting for the Uhaul truck so we can load everything up today. I'll be at my brother's house so I might be able to stop by the post boards but I cant promise that. Below are the last pictures that we took of the house. It's only been a week and the house is now painted,all kitchen cabinets ,counters and island is installed,bathroom cabinets ,fixtures,lights,outlets,central A/C all done. We are just waiting for the floor/rug,Light company and grass.

I wanted to also introduce you guys to the person who kept me going when I was losing weight! Her name is Gracie(gracenote) and she'd like to join our group.

PICS From a week ago
Me& girls in front of house
http://a9.cpimg.com/image/51/FA/2034...-02000180-.jpg

FRONT OF DRIVEWAY/GARAGE
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/52/FA/2034...-02000180-.jpg

Kitchen view from family room( all finished 2 days later!)
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/76/FB/2034...-02000180-.jpg

Me & Girls in back Porch/BBQ area
http://a3.cpimg.com/image/37/F9/2034...-02000180-.jpg

I'll miss you ladies!
talk to ya soon!
Gen

Yoyo Mom 06-30-2003 08:32 AM

Victory

Well, I've managed to pull Victory out of the jaws of defeat! I've been very OP since my last posting and I'm down 3 pounds!!!! Woohoo! Luckily, I had a very modest goal for this challenge (2 lbs) so I managed to meet and exceed it! I would normally think it wasn't *real* weight loss, because I often get a little initial boost when I get back OP, just because I am eating less food so there is less weight in the pipeline (so to speak) when I get on the scale. But I don't think this is the case this time. The past two days I have absolutely gorged myself at salad bars so I don't think I am showing loss due to less intake weight. I must have been losing a little weight all that time the scale wasn't moving.

Kempy, have a great vacation! I'm hoping to lose a few more pounds before mine starts, but I'm already stressing about potential weight gain during it. Oh, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Gen, hope your house is wonderful and you get many years of satisfaction in your home.

Catch you all on the next challenge! Maybe one of us will have to post it, since Gen is off-line for now?

Later,
-Deborah

gigglez 07-02-2003 09:09 PM

Here is the results of my final weight in, 180 I made it I lost those 8 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dustcatcher 07-03-2003 08:46 PM

Well I didn't manage to achieve my goal this time. Only lost 3 lbs all month. Seems like I should have done better, but maybe I'll have more success this month.

dustcatcher

grizzlyschick 07-05-2003 08:52 AM

Hi everyone

Hi everyone- Well my final weigh in was 142. I was down 2 lbs last Monday, so 2 more to goal. I've been unable to go to the gym for a 3 days now. I pulled my chest muscle at work. The doctor put me on a lifting restriction until this coming Monday, and told me to just take it easy until it heals. I'm trying to relax, but it's darn near impossible with all this energy I have now, so I'm just kinda modifying my activities:D . I'm hoping I can just manage to maintain until I hit the gym again. I felt great when she looked me over, she said she was impressed with my chest muscles, and that they could tell I did a lot of cardio, because my pulse was low. I never knew that a low pulse was a sign of a strong heart but she said it was and that I have the heart and body of an athlete! Though in pain from the muscle, I was on cloud nine by her comments. I told her that this time last year I was just under 330 lbs and never thought I'd hear someone call me athletic, least of all a doctor.
gigglez and yoyo mom- Congrats on the losses:bravo:
Dustcatcher- Hey 3 lbs is good! You should be proud of yourself:)
Gen- Hope all is well with the house
Kina and Angie- miss seeing your posts!
Well gotta run- Walmart's calling my name- Take care all. Di

gigglez 07-05-2003 09:04 AM

See Grizzly dreams to come true!

Dust WTG I think that 3lbs is great!

wishmeluck130lbs 07-16-2003 11:30 AM

Where is the new challenge at?I need help well not help just more motivation all that i can get to get to the gym lol...

grizzlyschick 07-16-2003 09:17 PM

Hi everyone

Hi everyone- Thanks for the congrats gigglez. I know we didn't do the weigh in this past week, but I was down 1 lb so I have 1 more pound to goal! Which I'm praying I can get off by the end of the month. I really miss the challenges, can't wait till Gen's back to start another one, unless someone else is going to do it. I know wishmeluck I need the motivation too. So even if it's not an official challenge, maybe those of us who are hanging around could still post our losses, or maintains. Once I start maintainence I'm definitely going to need these challenges to keep me on the straight path. I hope you all are doing well and having a great summer. Take care. Di

grizzlyschick 07-17-2003 05:48 AM

I HIT GOAL !!!

:cb: I HIT GOAL!!! After 1 year 3 months and 17 days, I finally hit goal. I now have 190 pounds off!! WOO HOO!! Sorry to toot my own horn, I'm just excited. I wanted to thank you all for the encouragement and well wishes along the way. Your support has meant the world to me. Thank you for being on this thread- it has helped me keep going more than once. Take care all. Di

Dips'n'twists 07-17-2003 07:52 AM

WOW Grizzly,

You go girl! I've been away for a while and how refreshing to see you at your goal upon my return. I'm so happy for you! Where it well girly.

Dips

Dips'n'twists 07-17-2003 07:55 AM

To Everyone,

I've been so busy with work I haven't had a chance to check in too much which sucks because I really like talking to you girls.It seems that everytime i look at the TV another one of our soldiers are being killed in Iraq. My close friends are all okay but i worry about them everyday.

Anyways, I'll read over the pages to kinda catch up.

Ciao

-Dips-

angieME 07-17-2003 08:49 AM

WOOHOO DI!!!!!!!

Way to go girl!! 190 pounds WOW!! I am so proud of you!!:dancer: :grouphug: :gift: :bravo:

I am back up to 141, that is where I started in June. I had way too many birthday parties last month and not enough motivation. I am trying to get back to it. I am not too upset about it though because I am comfortable right now and I know I will get there at some point.

Dips, It's nice to see you again. I have been wondering about you. Glad to hear you are safe.