3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   4Week Challenge! 6/3/03---7/03/03 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/28206-4week-challenge-6-3-03-7-03-03-a.html)

Gennel 06-03-2003 08:42 PM

4Week Challenge! 6/3/03---7/03/03

This challenge is for EVERYONE! We have no special diet and no miracle pills to talk about lol. But we do have awesome support and great tips to help us along the way. Just send me a PM and let me know how many pounds you will challenge yourself to lose in 4 weeks. We weigh in every Saturday. Just let me know if you lost ,gained or maintained for the week and I will edit a chart. This isnt a race or a contest.I've been asked where I get the willpower to do this and go on. The honest truth is I've been tempted almost every single day. The only difference this time that "I got tired of being tired" I was the type to start a diet every monday. I used to say that I was dieting for myself but the honest truth was I was dieting for someone else and as we all know that doesnt work! Doing it for yourself is the only reason you should do this.

Gen..Goal... Maintain current weight!\

Kempyd ..Goal ..6 lbs

AngieMe..Goal..7 lbs

wishmeluck130lbs.Goal.. 5lbs

Gigglez Goal.. 8 lbs

Jen519..Goal..8 lbs

Dustcatcher..Goal 8 lbs

Kempyd 06-03-2003 08:51 PM

Ok I am going to get back into these. I did really well when I was so I am back. July 1st is my birthday (and Angie's) so I want to lose 6 lbs for my goal. I would like to be were I was when I stopped doing these challenges. I noticed that when I wan't doing them I was having a hard time staying on track.

gigglez 06-03-2003 10:02 PM

Put me down for 8 lbs this time. That will bring me to 180. This is something that helps keep me goin!

sandy

wishmeluck130lbs 06-03-2003 11:11 PM

Well hopefully i will lose 5 pounds i did pretty good the last time but i forgot how much i started at on the day the challenge started so i don't know if i lost or not or went over lol...Anyways i weigh in at 180 and i will lose 5 pounds so that will put me in at 175 for the beginning of next month i can and will do this and hopefully i will keep track of this thread lol.........

angieME 06-04-2003 07:29 AM

Yep, me and Kempy have the same birthday and I would like to lose another7 pounds by then. That would put me at 135...GOAL!!!

Gen, Your house is beautiful!! I cant wait to see pics of it totally finished. You must be so excited!!

laney1733 06-04-2003 04:03 PM

Greetings! I'm going to put in for a loss of 5 pounds this challenge. I did not make my challenge last time so I'm really going to give it my all this time around! I am soo anxious to be in the 140's! I can not ever remember weighing less than 155 at 16. So this is super exciting to me!:D And I WILL do it! It's just a matter of time. (obviously) Good luck to everyone this time around !:)

jen519 06-04-2003 04:27 PM

O.K.
I lost all motivation and just dropped out of sight for a week, but I'm ready to get started again. I'm starting at the same weight that I started the last challenge. I'm putting myself down for 8 pounds again. Mini goals are to drink all my water every day and walk at least some each day, even if it's only for 10 minutes.
Angie, you must be so excited being this close to your goal. I'm excited for you!
Found out something interesting about my body right now. I can graze almost constantly in the evenings and still lose weight as long as it's fruit and vegetables. That's how I managed to get back below 230 again. Anyway, I'm keeping fruit and vegies around for those evenings when I just can't stay out of the kitchen! Good luck to all!

Jen519

Kempyd 06-04-2003 04:54 PM

Good to see you Jen. I was wondering how many of the people that I knew from the other challenges where still on here.

I have followed in Angie's footsteps with the snacking. I found the blue bunny FF yougurt and I eat it EVERY night. It is so good it has to be labeled wrong. :lol:

dustcatcher 06-05-2003 08:22 AM

I would like to get into this challenge again this month. I'll say my goal is 8 lbs. 10 would be better but I don't want to be unrealistic! I'm starting at 215, so I'll aim for 207 or so by July 4th.

dustcatcher

gigglez 06-05-2003 12:52 PM

Weigh in day. I started the end of the other challenge at 188. I weighed in this morning at 184. That is a 4lb loss. 4 more lbs and I can color my hair. Yeah!

angieME 06-05-2003 04:26 PM

WAY TO GO GIGGLEZ!!!! That is great!!

gigglez 06-06-2003 12:17 AM

Maybe real soon in a few months I will reach my goal of 160.

Kempyd 06-06-2003 11:02 AM

Today is weight in day for me and I am down 2 lbs. I am thinking that it might be water but I will take anything that I can get. It is as TOM time so I think I might be holding a little extra weight. I will have to see next week.

How is everyone else doing so far?

jen519 06-06-2003 07:51 PM

Congrats to Kempyd and Gigglez! Hopefully your successes this week will be the first of many for those of us on this thread. I'm just not sure what I'll see on Saturday. I'm mostly doing O.K., but I did eat some junk during the day yesterday. Today, the company bought lunch for us. We got to choose from anything on the menu of this Italian place that delivers. I wanted the Fettucini Alfredo, but settled for a grilled chicken Ceaser salad. I only used half the dressing they provided and left about 1/3 of the salad to have with dinner.
It's too hot to cook or walk or do hardly anything. Here in western Washington state, I'm used to moderate temperatures. Once it starts to get above 70, I begin to melt. We're having record high temperatures this week. Today it was over 90 in some places (86 to 88 in the building where I work). AAAHHHH

Jen519

Kempyd 06-06-2003 07:59 PM

Jen I saw how hot it was up there. You guys are hotter than we are right now. That is so wild!

Good for you choosing the right food to eat. I watched Oprah today and there was a chef on who makes sauces healthy. He showed how to do an Alfredo. While he was making it he said how bad it really was. It is something like 700+ cals and 50-55g of fat. :fr: I love that stuff too. Now I think I am ruined by what he said. I can't imagine all of my hard work flying out the window on the wings of alfredo. :lol:

I am sure you will do great tomorrow!

I hope that all of you have a good weight in.

angieME 06-06-2003 08:26 PM

YEAH KEMPY!!!!I am so proud of you!!!!

Jen, I would love some of that heat in Maine. Today was nice but it was the first nice day out of the last 2 weeks. I cant wait for summer to hit hard.:lol:

I hope everyone has had a great week so far. I'll do my weigh in in the morning. I have had a pretty good loss so I am pretty excited about it!!

angieME 06-07-2003 06:43 AM

WEIGH DAY!!!!!

I weighed in at 139 pounds this morning. 3 pounds gone this week!! Holy Freaking Cow!!!

Good luck to everyone to come!

jen519 06-07-2003 11:25 AM

Yeah Angie!!!!!!!!! You're almost there!

I'm down 1 pound myself. I was hoping for more, but I'll take it. As long as I'm moving in the right direction. I'm sure if I step up my physical activity, I'll see more results.

Good luck to everyone.

Jen519

laney1733 06-07-2003 12:30 PM

Good morning everyone.:) I am down one pound for the week. Awsome losses for Angie and Kempyd and gigglez!! You guys are just racing toward your goals! I am kind of moseying along myself.;) Yesterday was bad, bad, bad. First I ate four of my mom's cookies with milk. Then they grilled BBQ ribs for dinner. Then DH and I went to a movie and I just HAD to have popcorn. But the activity level was good. I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill in the morning, we took the kids biking in the afternoon and we walked at the mall in the evening. That was probably the only thing that kept me from showing a gain today.:yikes: But I have promised myself that I will do better today.:) I made these awsome chimichangas for lunch, lowfat and oh-so-yummy. I'll post rhe recipe on the food thread later for anyone who's interested. Baby's awake, gotta go! TTFN,

grizzlyschick 06-07-2003 02:17 PM

Hi everyone

:) Hi everyone- Well I'm slowly moving down. I'm down 1 lb this week. I feel really fortunate to have that 1 lb loss. I was mysteriously up 4 lbs for 3 days!:fr: Can't blame it on TOM so I'm guessing it was water retention. Anyway I'll take the 1 lb. You're all doing so great- Way to go!
Kempyd- Nice to see you:)
Well gotta run, dishes are waiting to get done:( . Di

Yoyo Mom 06-07-2003 06:35 PM

Hi, Folks,

I am going to join in on this challenge, but only for 2 pounds. I've been sick with a mildly sore throat... I've been sucking on a lot of candy and been eating too much ice cream so I haven't been losing anything. I've also got a lot of must-attend food fests this month, so I'm not going to try to make my usual goal.

Everyone is doing so well!

Welcome back, Kempy. I also need the boost these challenges give me.

Sandy, congrats!!! You're melting away!

Dusty, you seem to be in the swing of things now!

Wishmeluck, good luck again... you did great last time!

Angie... Wow!!! When you come off a plateau, you really ski down that slope! I can't believe how close you are to goal!!!

Grizzly, you're moving too, and so so close to goal. I think your experience is much more normal than Angie's currently is. It's the 80/20 rule, the last 20% of the weight loss takes 80% of the effort.

Jen, it's great to see you checking in and I'm glad to hear you've gotten off to the right start with a loss.

TTFN,
-Deborah

gigglez 06-07-2003 09:16 PM

Evening everyone!

Congrats to Jen, Angie, Serina, Kem, and Di!! WTG. Before you know it we will all be seeing less of each other. Hand in there Do and Angie you all are in the home stretch and will be there in no time! Can't wait til I get there! Serina, let me know which place that you posted the recipe that you were talking about! Here's to a great day tomorrow.

sandy

Gennel 06-07-2003 09:30 PM

Weigh In

Gen..Goal... Maintain current weight!\

Kempyd ..Goal ..6 lbs

AngieMe..Goal..7 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

wishmeluck130lbs.Goal.. 5lbs

Gigglez Goal.. 8 lbs

Jen519..Goal..8 lbs..Loss 1 lb

Dustcatcher..Goal 8 lbs

Grizzlyschick..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 1 lb

Yoyom..Goal 2 lbs

Laney1733 ..Goal 5 lbs ..loss 1 lb

Debee..Goal 5 lbs

Gennel 06-07-2003 09:37 PM

way2 GO!!!

Way to go ! Angie! 3 lbs!!!!!! That is awesome girl! Di, you and Angie are so close to goal I know you can smell it! It seems super far away but its not! Trust me!

Jen keep it up! I truly admire your effort!You know what it means not to give up. Laney, you are on track girl!

Congrats to you all!

ttyl
Gen

angieME 06-08-2003 10:32 AM

Way to go Jen,Serina and Di!!!

I think if I shock my system enough it keeps my body on its toes. If I take a day and eat what I want once in a while it seems to boost me the next week. I can actually lose weight quite easily it is the maintaining part that screws me up. :lol: But I do alot of exercise too.

But yeah Deborah I had a hard time the last time I lost the weight with the last 10 pounds too. It came off at like a pound or so a week.

gigglez 06-08-2003 11:52 PM

Hey everyone. Seems as if everyone is doing great. Things here are not going to well. Eating has been good but it is the homelife. Everyone please keep me in your prayres

Kempyd 06-09-2003 10:33 AM

Hey it looks like we have some losers here. Way to go guys!

I am going to try to keep myself on track this week and then weigh in on Friday. (no scale at home for the Saturday weigh in, good reason for not having on at home)

Gigglez you are in the nighlty prayers now!

Lets get this week started on a good note guys!

laney1733 06-09-2003 04:25 PM

Gigglez, I posted it under "FOOD", they're called Yummy Baked Chimichangas. I hope you like them.:) I've been living on them for like 4 days now.:) You are in my thoughts daily, I hope everything clears up soon.

Wow, it sounds like everyone is doing really well on their weight-loss journey's. Congrats to everyone!!:D I'm doing ok. I went back up to 155, then I worked me butt off yesterday and it's back down to 154 today. Yesterday I ran 5 miles, scrubbed the deck on my hands and knees, sanded a dresser, did 6 loads of laundry (3 flights of stairs per load, at least!) and all of my everyday chores. I don't think I sat down till 10 pm. I didn't have a chance to snack! I have to find lots more to do to keep myself very busy so I don't eat! Gotta gather the soldiers for a trip to Sam's right now. Take care everybody!!

Apple Blossom 06-10-2003 01:42 AM

Hello, greetings from a lurker....I've been keeping up with you guys but I've been reluctant to jump in. Seems I NEVER meet a challenge and I'm starting to feel like a loser, but not in the weight loss kind of way. I would love to loose 2 pounds a week for this challenge and since I'm jumping in a little late i'll say 6 pounds. 6 pounds by the forth of July would be awsome....
The weather here has cooled down and I'm past the end of the school year rush which also includes my sons birthday so I have no good excuse not to go out for my walk/jog every day this week. So here we go again......:p
I am so jealous of y'all who are close to goal. Those numbers are where I want to be. I know how hard it is...congrats!!!

jen519 06-11-2003 11:37 AM

Hi Apple Blossom. I know just how you feel. Seems I've been hanging around the same weight for the last 3 challenges or so. Glad you're here and still trying too. We'll get it if we don't give up.

Jen

debee 06-11-2003 08:45 PM

Hi,

I would like to join in your challenge. I'm a 42 stay at home mom and have been on this website since January. I was very motivated a few months ago and really started losing weight until about April when my motivation for diet and exercise really slipped.

I am 5'3, petite frame and currently weigh 129. I started six months ago at 141 and last year was at a high of 162. My goal weight (which I wanted to make by my 43 birhtday...my birthday is June 18 so it will not be happening) is 115. I would love to lose 5 pounds in your challenge.

angieME 06-12-2003 07:29 AM

Hi Debee! Welcome. these girls are great support. June 18 is my husbands birthday too.

dustcatcher 06-12-2003 03:49 PM

I'm not doing particularly well, as I've only lost 1 lb this week. I do feel I'm doing well as far as eating the right things, but I guess I just have to try harder. I'm at 214 today, and at this rate I will never make the goal I set for myself! AAAGGGHHHH!

dustcatcher

Apple Blossom 06-13-2003 01:41 AM

I've been doing pretty crummy on the eating part, but exercise is going well. I do at least 20 min of my step aerobics video and a 40 min walk/run daily. Today is the first day I haven't really done anything, except a leisurely 20 min walk. The weather has been so awesome here. I am wearing a sweater!!!

Kempyd 06-13-2003 10:55 AM

No good news to post today. It seems thatI have gained wieght b/c I started lifting weights again and I have gained muscle. I am going to try to keep a happy outlook though. Afterall, I still have 2 weeks left.

gigglez 06-13-2003 12:16 PM

Hi everyone!

Weighed in and was down .8 this week. Pretty good considering the stress here at home. So that makes my total loss at 4.8. I will get there, I hope!

Gennel 06-14-2003 12:34 PM

Welcome Debee!

Welcome Debee! I have entered you in this challenge. Looks like you are doing very well!

Gen

wishmeluck130lbs 06-14-2003 12:37 PM

Well i haven't been to the gym in forever and i have loaned out my walking away the pounds to my mom and i haven't excercised in what seems like forever i have been sooo tired probably because i need to get off of my butt..I will still lose the 5 pounds though also my van isn't working but that's no excuse i can still move around here ...And i will start today..!

Yoyo Mom 06-14-2003 03:15 PM

Well, I'm here to report a lack of progress. I know I haven't been very serious about dieting this month and the scale is reminding me about that. I've been flat since the beginning of the challenge. At least it's not up! I'm getting practice for when I need to maintain ;). Well, I was good today. The box of saltwater taffy someone gave me is gone (and I know where it went), but that's water under the bridge so to speak.

Angie, you said that a pound a week was slow, but for me that is very fast!!! Unless I am pushing myself hard, I usually only try to average 1/2 lb a week. The last few challenges I've been meeting my 1 lb/week goal and been on cloud nine.

Welcome, Debee! You've come a long way already.

Congrats to the losers out there and for those of us who are cruising for one reason or another, let's get back on track.

Later,
-Deborah

grizzlyschick 06-14-2003 03:53 PM

Hi everyone

:wave: Hi everyone! Welcome here Debee! Well everyone I'm down 3 lbs this week. This means 185 off and 5 more to goal~ Woo Hoo! What made me even happier, is that I've had to buy small and medium shirts lately. Something I never thought I'd be able to do, and a friend bought me a pair of size 6 capris and they fit perfect. I'm in shock, but really happy. Hope you all have a wonderful evening! Di