3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   4Week Challenge! 6/3/03---7/03/03 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/28206-4week-challenge-6-3-03-7-03-03-a.html)

grizzlyschick 06-18-2003 07:56 PM

Hi everyone

:cb: Way to go gigglez on those 14's!!
Gen- I hope things are better. I agree with Kempyd and Angie you have been such an inspiration to us all. Not only by what you've accomplished, but by also encouraging each and every one of us to continue. I don't know how many times I've pm'd you with my woes and you've said just the right thing to keep me going. You're in my thoughts. We're here for you! Hope everyone else is doing fine.
Kina- WHERE ARE YOU?!?:)
Well gotta run- hope you get that bench for your bday Angie. Take care all. Di

Kina 06-18-2003 10:02 PM

Hi Di! Hi everyone! I know I have been kind of not here but here. I have been reading the posts but not much time to post myself. We have been having roofing troubles and then our van broke down. The van is going to put us 1200-1400 bucks. Then we have some personal issues that came up. I have been working at the office part time and in just a few weeks my seasonal job will be beginning.

On the flip side of coin...I have been working out with weights. I also have been making it a point to take the longer routes and parking farther away. I did really good today and had fruit for breakfast and snacks. I always have a hard time getting that fruit in. But the workout I have been doing has me feeling really great about myself. I feel my (like Angie refers to them) "bat wings" are getting a great workout.

Well with that I am going to give out my Congratulations to all the busy bodies on the thread. You all are truly amazing. Di...you my dear freind you are ONE in a MILLION! I will be following right behind.
Hugs to you always...followed with many smiles, Kina

Kempyd 06-19-2003 11:49 AM

Kina good to see you came back from the land of the lurkers.

Jen did you cross over to that land? I havn't seen you around.

I stopped weighing myself everyday like I did in January. I wasn't working out then but all I was doing was dieting so I think that is why my numbers dropped and now that I am adding muscle the numbers are not being to kind. I think I am only going to weight on Friday and hopefully after a week of being good I will be rewarded.

Gennel 06-20-2003 12:27 AM

I see my house tomorrow!

Well its been about a month since I havent passed by the house to see the progress. My brother says I'll be in for a huge surprise. The driveway was poured this morning, all interior walls are smooth and painted and the house is locked up. So I'll have to visit the builder so they can give me keys. This way we get to go in whenever we want and look. I'm so excited cause the driveway is one of the last things that is done!

Today I woke up and was determined to walk an hour at the park. Well by the time I was ready ,it rained cats and dogs. I waited for about an hour and went to the gym. Did my hour on the elliptical! By the time I was done there was a horrible storm outside! :( Ihad no umbrella or towel. I waited for a while and Ihad to run to the car. Well the parking was flooded about 8 inches and I could smell the sewer too! UGH!!!! Iget in my car and my shoes are just gushing that stinky flooded water from outside. I asked myself " was this all worth the workout" YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the good feeling again, I felt proud that I didnt give in to those "lazy demons" lol

I will take pics of the house and try to post when I get back! I shouldbe back Sunday evening.

night,Gen

gigglez 06-20-2003 08:05 AM

Gen, don't give up! I too know the stressful part of moving. Right now I am trying to move although I would prefer not to have to but then again I have to be realistic and know that there is no way that I can afford this place alone. This has affect my workouts as well. The stess has cause certain body functions not to work once again. UGH! What a life. Weighed in and I was up 2. YUCK! Bright side is that I am over all of this here at home and have actually been asked out. Shock to my system! Gotta run. Later

Kempyd 06-20-2003 11:21 AM

Ok weigh in day for me. I am so confused I am down 3 lbs but I am up 3% BF. That makes no sense. I have got to take the skin fold calipers home and have Joe take the reading there so I can see what that has to say instead of the Tanita.

Gen I can't wait to see the house pics.

grizzlyschick 06-21-2003 02:44 PM

Hi everyone

Hi everyone- Well I'm still sitting at 145, but at least I know why. According to my measurements, I'm showing muscle gain in 3 areas. When this happens to me it usually takes a few days for my weight to start moving again and my measurements to start climbing down. I'm trying to start focusing more on how I look and feel, and not on the scale. I stopped daily weighing this week. Now I do my weigh ins twice a week and measurements usually afterwards. I tried some new things at the gym this morning. I'm thinking I need to vary my routine again. Guess I gotta figure it all out.
Gen- I bet you can't wait to move in that's so exciting:cb:
Kina- Sorry to hear about the van and the roof. Girl it's always something huh! I hope things are getting better for you. Congrats on the new workout- You go girl:bravo: Thank you for all the encouraging words my dear friend.
Well I have to go. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

gigglez 06-21-2003 04:11 PM

WTG Chick on those measurments going down. Keep it up. Maybe one of these days I will get out of the funk that I am in. Here's to a great weekeend OP

angieME 06-22-2003 07:32 PM

No good news to report since I fell off the wagon this weekend. That is life. I am back on it until the birthday party on Saturday and then we have the birthday dinner on Monday so if I am on plan until Saturday I should be able to maintain. Hopefully. How come it is so easy to fall into the old patterns and so hard to fall back into the healthy ones? :lol:

Needless to say I wont be reaching my goal for the month I am sure. Too many parties in June I guess. :lol:

Gen, Have a good move and remember....It will be over soon. Then you get to enjoy your beautiful new home. I will miss you. Post when you can and I am hoping it all goes smoothly for you.

Di, Great job on your measurements going down. That always helps when the scale doesnt want to budge. You are doing awesome.

Kempy, Way to go on the 3 pound loss!!! WOOHOO GIRL!!!

gigglez 06-22-2003 11:05 PM

Evening everyone!

Angie, I know all too well about those old habits. Right now I am trying hard to keep the good ones up. I hope that I can. Haven't been following my diet real close lately. Too much stress and too much going on here. I hope that as soon as I get everything all settled I will be able to get back into the swing of things.

Had a great pic to post but it was too large and I can't figure out how to make it small so that I can post it.

Here's to a great week ahead.

sandy

dustcatcher 06-25-2003 02:14 PM

Well I am 212 today.......so I am losing even if it is VERY slowly! I'm doing well with my eating and exercising, so hopefully it will eventually make a difference!

dustcatcher

gigglez 06-25-2003 10:14 PM

Weighted in today and I was at 182. That outs the total loss so far at 6lbs. Here's to making this challenge.

Kempyd 06-26-2003 10:06 AM

Way to go gigglez! :cp: It is always great to hear about everyones achievements.

Yoyo Mom 06-26-2003 03:28 PM

Hi, Folks,

I'm still hanging in here, and still at the same weight as at the start of this challenge. I am going to put on a last-minute push and see if I can claim any progress this month. I guess a few of us are having problems with the old habits sneaking back up on us. Maybe I have to go back to basics... log my food, drink enough water, eat more salads, etc. If I do those positive things, then it is easier to stay OP. I think my problem is that I'm not getting enough low calorie foods into my body (water, salad, fruit) and then I'm prey to higher calorie options, even if they aren't junk food (whole grain bread, NF cheese, etc).

Gen, please don't give in! I think all of us on the board know that maintaining is very hard. I for one am always either gaining or losing weight which is not where you want to be (well, I've been maintaining this month, but it's because I'm trying to lose, but only half-heartedly). You have been an inspriation for me to look towards the day I can get out of this vicious cycle. Think about all the benefits of the new you and I'm sure you'll think the effort is worth it!

Congrats to everyone who is making progress! I hope to join you before the challenge is over!

Later,
-Deborah

gigglez 06-26-2003 06:53 PM

Deborah I understand about the old habits sneaking back. I made a vow to myself the other day that I am going to start each say anew and try to advoid all of those demonds. Maybe something like that could work each day is a fresh start. Who knows.

sandy