3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   4Week Challenge! 6/3/03---7/03/03 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/28206-4week-challenge-6-3-03-7-03-03-a.html)

laney1733 06-15-2003 09:19 AM

Hello! I just wanted to send some congrats out to this weeks losers!! Way to go!! You guys are cruising down the scale.:D I, am not. I'm reporting in with a maintain this week.:mad: I have been really struggling with my food plan for the last month. My exercise is going great but I am eating way too much, and I can't figure out why. It could be stress, but I ALWAYS have stress! I'm going to mow the grass today, (push mower) and take my bike for a ride today. And try to eat healthier. Happy Dad's Day everyone! TTFN,

gigglez 06-15-2003 11:30 AM

Stress is something that can kill ya if you let it. I have been taking all of my stress and channeling it into my workouts. However, I haven't been able to get and go workout too much lately. Keep on with the exercise Laney and it will come, who knows when but it will come.

dustcatcher 06-15-2003 08:26 PM

weigh in

My scale showed a loss of 1 lb this morning. I wish I could report more than that but losing weight is very slow for me!

dustcatcher

gigglez 06-15-2003 10:24 PM

Hey Dustcatcher. I think that you are doing great! 1 lb that is great in my book. I take whatever I can get. Keep up the good work!

angieME 06-16-2003 08:22 AM

WAY TO GO DUSTCATCHER!!!! a pound is a pound and they all add up in the end!!! GREAT JOB GIRL!!

grizzlyschick 06-16-2003 07:50 PM

Hi

:) Thanks for the congrats everyone! Dustcatcher- there are some weeks I just pray to see a 1 lb loss! Way to go!
Angie- I don't know if my routine is a good routine for others, but it's been what works for me. I've had people at the gym tell me they think I'm doing to much cardio, but I think that's because they mostly focus on weights here. Once I explain that I know the little patches of flab left on me will only go if I keep my cardio up- they usually step back. I do 40 - 45 minutes of cardio Mon- Sat. I know it sounds like a lot, but when I was only doing 30, I saw no results at all. The 40- 45 is what works for me. I alternate between the elliptical, speed cycling and occasionally treadmill. As far as weights- Mon., Wed., and Fri. I do chest, back and arms. Tues. and Thurs. and sometimes Sat. I do legs. I'm getting ready to change up my weight routine though. I ordered a women's strength resistance book, and figure I can learn some new ideas from that, at least I hope so. Abs I do at least 3 times a week. I've heard all kinds of controversy on this. Some people say you can do them daily and some people say you need a days rest between. Honestly doing them 5 days a week is what gave me the best results. I lost several inches in my waist from the end of February until this week by doing my routine so I'm sticking with it- no matter what anyone says! My lower belly is my trouble spot. I also ordered a book on just abs. It's supposed to have all the best ab exercises recommended by personal trainers. Sometimes I wonder if I exercise to much, but I'd rather do a little to much than not enough. Once I hit my goal I don't think I'll be quite as obsessed. :lol: I think you're right about asking Gen for maintainence tips I'll have to do that. Well gotta run. If you want more specifics on my weight routine, just let me know and I'll pm you so everyone doesn't have to wade through my book long post. Take care. Di:D

angieME 06-16-2003 09:34 PM

I really think I need to start some sort of weight training. My bat wings are pretty bad and I would think that if I bulked up my arms a bit it wouldnt be so noticeable. I usually concentrate on cardio also so I have a hard time fitting in weights but it definately sounds like it has helped you a great deal. Where it is warm out I try to do 4 1/2 mile to 6 mile walks everyday, but during the winter I do 1 hour on the elliptical and bike everyday. I am dreading this winter when I have to be stuck inside again. I guess I will have to hint louder to hubby for that weightbench for my birthday. :lol:

Serina, I have been having a problem with the munching lately too. Today has been a nightmare foodwise. I seem to relaxe too much with food the closer I get to my goal plus my husbands birthday is Wednesday and I have a big birthday party planned for me,mom and my twins birthday plus my dad's 50th birthday on June 28 so I know of a few days that I will be messing up maybe I am sabotaging myself. I cant wait until this month is over so things can get back to normal. :lol:

Gen, It is getting so close to your moving day!! I'll bet you are so excited.

Gennel 06-16-2003 09:43 PM

Weigh In Chart

Hey! I made a quick stop here saturday but didnt see many weigh in updates so I decided to wait until today. I need a ton of support from you ladies, but I will write a seperate post about that in a few minutes!

Gen..Goal... Maintain current weight!\

Kempyd ..Goal ..6 lbs

AngieMe..Goal..7 lbs..Loss 3.5 lbs

wishmeluck130lbs.Goal.. 5lbs

Gigglez Goal.. 8 lbs..loss 4.8

Jen519..Goal..8 lbs..Loss 1 lb

Dustcatcher..Goal 8 lbs...loss 1 lbs

Grizzlyschick..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 4 lbs

Yoyom..Goal 2 lbs

Laney1733 ..Goal 5 lbs ..loss 1 lb

Debee..Goal 5 lbs

Gennel 06-16-2003 10:03 PM

Stress and food

Right now we're in a countdown for moving out of this house. I feel so disorganized with all these boxes everywhere. I have to keep our paper work in order and that is becoming difficult!

I have been finding more and more difficult to take time out to exercise, and I know too well that is my downfall! Besides, as of June 27th I will no longer have a membership at my gym since we're moving. The closest membership Gym is 45 miles away from where I will live so I can cancel the 3 yr contract with them.Of course I have to show proof that I sold this house, closing papers of the new house,mail in my membership cards also. I'm terrified just to think that I will go back to my old ways and gain it all back. I have two jeans that fit tight. I have found myself eating stuff I shouldnt be eating. I can see this all so clearly right in front of me. The big stress of a big move like this is not fun.To top things off I got TOM yesterday ,really ,really painful too! so I've been in a black t-shirt and sweatpants mood this weekend lol.
I've even talked to my husband seriously about all this I'm feeling.I never want to go back , I never want to go back.
I physically feel too good now to want to ruin this. Another thing is soooo many people that know me think that I am so strong and have so much willpower ,yada yada yada.When I try to open my mouth to tell them how hard it is to try and maintain ,they think I'm telling them a joke or something!
I'm sorry to dump all this on you guys , but I know if there's anyone who can understand what I'm going through it would be all of you :)
night,Gen

gigglez 06-16-2003 10:26 PM

Tonight I was given some 14s and I got them on!!!!!!! They were tight but hey they buttoned and zipped. MY goal is for them to fit better by the end of this challenge so I have to kick this into high gear!

Apple Blossom 06-17-2003 12:57 AM

Hey gigglez, I have a pair of shorts I'm hoping will fit better by the end of the month too....
This past week-end was party party party, and my usual down fall, BEER. I swear if I stopped drinking beer I would drop 20 pounds.
Hey, why don't you stop drinking beer??
Okay, I'll try.

Eating was not as out of control as it could have been but no diet either. Today I feel like I did really well, with a 40 minute walk as well. Its hot, and I really didn't feel like running. I'll go in the morning tomorrow.
I'm so jealous of those almost-at-goal girls. I hope to join your ranks some day.

angieME 06-17-2003 08:25 AM

Gen, I know exactly what you are going through. I did it last time and I think I am falling back into the pattern this time too. I had something stressfull happen last time and I just stopped exercising all together and of course it is SO easy to fall back into the pattern of overeating. Your move is almost here and it will be over with soon. (hopefully, right?) Do you have a new gym all lined up at your new house? If not I would recommend just buying an elliptical to have at home for you. I like mine, not as much as walking outside but I hear it is VERY hot there during the summer so you probably wouldnt be able to walk outside,right?

You will get through this. You have a hectic schedule right now but do what you can and when the move is completed you will get a new pattern down. At least you realize how easy it is to go back. I didnt realize how fast the weight can come back until I had gained back 76 pounds. I am here for you. If you need a friend to talk to you can PM me. Heck, I can even call you and talk. I will do all I can to help you get through this. I wished I had some magic words of wisdom to make you feel better but I just want you to know that I am here for you and I know how hard maintaining is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS: I wanted to let you know that I think you have done a great job so far and you really do inspire me to want to make it work this time. You are the first person I have known to lose alot of weight and maintain it for more than a week.:grouphug:

Kempyd 06-17-2003 11:43 AM

Gen don't give up! Moving is very stressful and I bet that is what is going on. Food is a comfort thing as we all know and it is very easy to fall into it for support. I know I did it. You also have inspired me to keep going. From your words you have taught me that I am the only one that can make the change and why do I use food to bring myself down. Remeber what Dr. Phil said and push those thoughts. You are very luck to have a great hubby that will support you. Girl use him! My hubby knows when I am not working out b/c of my actions and I am sure your does too. Just like Angie said we are all here for you even if it is just to come on here and cry about what is happening. We all love you here and we don't want to see anything happen to you. Keep your chin up and don't stop posting!

angieME 06-18-2003 08:40 AM

Gen, How are you doing today?

Gennel 06-18-2003 03:13 PM

I'm still here ladies :)

Thank you guys!

I plan to walk everyday ,at least that's still exercise. I didnt go to the gym cause TOM was pretty bad earlier this week. But today I asked hubby to go to the park where I used to walk everyday last year. We took the girls along with my daughter's friend . We walked 10 times around the park for one hour.Angie it is soooo easy to fall back into the old habits.I made my hubby totally aware of what's going on and he's been helping me too.

I will probably not be able to check the posts for a while after June 28th. We're moving to my brother's house for 10 days up to 2 weeks probably until we close onthe new house. So Iwont be able to get online as often as I do now :( So please dont think I forgot you guys!

ttyl,Gen