Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 10:32 AM   #46  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down TUESDAY

HAPPY TUESDAY LADIES--

Well the California June gloom is in full bloom today-- has been the last couple of weeks-- not really bad but not real nice weather either. Oh, we get a great day every now and then. Just been a weird weather year.

I am home today working on my room-- almost all done, just some touch-up paint on the corners and bullnose and the new door still needs painted-- ceiling fan is in so all I need is carpet.

I am going to visit my mom today-- spent most of the day with her on Sunday-- she lives very close and I don't see her often enough-- she is leaving for Illinois on Thursday night to visit her mom who is not doing well-- mostly old age, she is around 87. My mom has not been well for a long time-- among other things she is a smoker so her lungs are shot- she is 66, to be honest she is planning on staying 6 months but I am not sure she will be healthy enough to come back-- we shall see. She is in our good Lord's care.

SHERRY Great to see you posting again! Great job on the training with DD too! Is she still working far away? The room I am finishing will be used as a "quiet" room-- for Bible reading, other reading or my wife and her crafts-- at least that is the plan for now--NO T.V.!!

ZOE- Are you still un-packing and shopping for new things to fill up the house?

WILMA- How was your lunch with your friend? Remember when you didn't know anyone? How is the exercise going? If the DH doesn't want to go on those walks trade with those boys-- one dinner per mile

MICHELE- That is a great idea for church- anything to get people together worshipping and sharing-- with food- even better!! I hope your week-end with Mr. Friday is all you hope it to be

SAMI- Sami how is the exercise going this week? Are those kids behaving themselves for you? or is it already a loooong summer Seems like alot of stuff always going on at your home. Have a great work-out today!!

Well, I have to get a move on-

IN HIS CARE, Gary
Old 06-10-2003, 06:22 PM   #47  

Blessing today. Things have been going pretty well around here. I have still been working out. I think I will buy some heavier weights this weekend. I can tell a BIG diffrence in my arms. I measured my waist and have lost a whole inch and a inch in my hips and 1/2 inch on each arm! It is just what I need to give me that push to keep going! Pray for my oldest DD her tail bone has been hurting and it is getting worse by the day. So it looks like a trip to the DR. She hasn't done anything to hurt it so we don't have any ideal why it hurts so bad. And my now 16 yr old has been away for a few days to stay away from her friends that I am not fond of.
EZ-I am still working out I have it broke up into twice a day (most days) for about 1/2 hr each day. Wow your going to really enjoy that new room! Enjoy your time with your Mom My Mom also smokes but to tell the truth she is in better shape than me!
Michele-Prayers that your Friday man and you have a great day.
Sherry-So glad to hear from you again. I bet your baby goats are so cute!
Zoe-Are you all unpacked? I bet you burn a lot cals just unpacking!
Wilma-How is your new job going? I have been out looking at dresses to wear to DD wedding and the one I really want looks simple to make so I am thinking of making it so I can wait until the last minute to make it so it will fit!

Got to go and do my work out before I get to tired.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:52 AM   #48  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Wednesday Morning

I find that mornings are my only free time lately so here I am. Not much time but I wanted to stop in for a moment. No, I'm not finished UNpacking since we're not yet moved. We are still at the old house, having everything getting moved on Friday so Friday night will be my first night in the new house. I have brought boxes over (my SUV holds ALOT of stuff!!) and my pantry is set, my pots, pans, etc......my son is anxious too since he is moving "home" and it will be his.

My eating has been bad bad bad. With all the moving each night, we go out to eat and I never make the right choices. So I am trying, starting today, to make those right choices just like before. Before the move, we would eat out and I would be good so what the HECK is different now??? Nodda..... So as they say, today is the first day of the rest....blah, blah, blah....you know the story.

Sorry I am not addressing anyone but I just wanted to stop in and say hi and tell you all that I'm still here, just lurking most of the time. I miss you all and can't wait to be back online normally......(normal? is that possible?? ha)

Have a blessed Wednesday.....

In Christ's Love,
Patti and Zoe <><
Old 06-11-2003, 05:03 PM   #49  

Angry Hi all!

Sorry this wille quick it took me awhile to catch up ! Whew CONGRATS SAMI 16 lbs wow way to go!! Thanks to all who were praying for bob brennan- (guy who tryed to commit suicide) he got admitted to 4 winds a psych center which is a really big answer to prayer they were going to send him back home. I have a big prayer request my pastor who has been in remission had 3 cat scans and a bone scan and just got the results back. He has a spot about an 1 inch on his lung. They are not sure if it is melanoma or an infection. Please pray that it is just an infection. He will not be scanned again for another month, and they will have no answer till after that. He is not showing any signs of infection. But God willing it is just a cold and will be gone when it is scanned again. Sorry I didn't post individually. I am thurs. fri and going home, prayer meeting tonight at 7pm so will chat soon I hope. stay healthy and thanks God Bless Sue
Old 06-12-2003, 08:14 AM   #50  

Angry Thursday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

It's a sad morning here in central Texas. I awoke to the scanner going off because of a structure fire. Turns out it is a small church. Cause unknown at this time. And last night Kelli and I were coming home on the highway and came upon a terrible wreck and the helicopter was sitting in the middle of the highway. We were told that there were 5 in a van that rolled many times and that there were critical injuries so we were detained for about an hour. My heart is heavy for those affected by both. It is very very unusual for a helicopter to have to stay on the ground that long, plus another helicopter came and met the ambulance at another location with other injuried. We live in a very rural area and the closest larger hospital is 50 miles or so away.

So how is everyone else today? I'm sorry to be so "heavy" today with my heart. I tried to post yesterday and it wouldn't let me. I have never had that type of trouble before. I would click on post message and it would give me a screen with complicated message. Who knows.

Well, I'm off today but have lots to get done, so I better scoot on out of here. Everyone take care and have a good SAFE day!!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:43 AM   #51  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Today is a kind of gloomy day. We've seen little of the sun lately but the weekend promises to shape up. I woke up with a headache and hopefully that subsides before I go to work. Today is my birthday and I came downstairs to see a note on the keyboard from my son. Made my day!

I haven't been walking - I've been getting ready for company coming on the weekend. I have been doing the exercises each morning though and they do get me going for the day.

mrshummer: It's so hard to hear about all the tragedies that happen to others. I usually send up a prayer when I see an ambulance going past.

Sue: I'll be praying that the spot is only an infection. Your pastor must be a really strong man to endure all he's gone through.

Zoe: I went through the same eating pattern while moving that you are. It seems to be taking me forever to get back on track. Hopefully this won't happen to you. Happy moving!!

Sami: This is so exciting! I agree that you should wait until closer to the wedding to get the dress. What colour are you going to be wearing?

Gary: I wish I could persuade my sons to walk with me. They wouldn't even if I bribed them. Last night I gave one a choice between walking with me and trying a new fruit. (He hates trying new things.) He chose the fruit. I know I need to do this myself. I can't expect others to be there for me all the time.

Michele: Your potluck sounded wonderful. We had a brunch on Saturday with our Care Group and did the same thing. It brings a closeness with others that you wouldn't have otherwise.

I better get going. Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-12-2003, 11:15 AM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down THURSDAY

GOOD MORNING LADIES

I am off work today- my cousin called and said the job we were going to do today isn't quite ready-- my wife will be home early because it is her last day of school for this year ( summer school will start in a week or so, she is teaching this year ) so we are going to go look for carpet for the new room. We went the other night and she bought me a recliner for the room for Father's Day. All I got her for Mother's Day was a pedometer and a flashlight for her key chain so she could see to open the garage door at night-- oops! Going to go visit my mom today too before she heads to Illinois tonight. Have to be home early eve. to take my daughter to the high school graduation and drop her off-- she is taking an up-date on her CPR today and by the time she gets done there will not be parking-- she has a couple of friends graduating she wants to see- actually about 10! Thank-goodness she got a job for all she is spending on cards alone. She has been working tennis camps on the week-ends, house sitting for her assistant coach and Monday she was hired to work at a day camp for kids at La Costa Resort.

WILMA- Happy Birthday!!! Sorry about your headache. I wish those boys would help you on your walks- but you are right, it is for you! Won't eat fruit huh? my daughter lives on fruit!! She has always craved it-- the son and step-d come in eating junk out of the cupboards and she heads right to the fridge for an orange, kiwi, grapes, berries, etc-- I even have to go by our fruit stands and take some to college every trip! Hope the family treats you special tonight!!

SAMI- Great job on the weights and inches lost- you are well on your way now! I hope things get smoother for your 16 yr. old- that is a tough time in alot of kids lives isn't it. Prayers for your other dd and her tailbone- I bruised mine about 12 years ago very bad and it hurt for a very long time. I even had the donut thing going on.

ZOE- You will have plenty of time to get back on track after the move- a little set back is no big deal. You will burn plenty of calories mowing that grass!!

doitformeSUE I am so sorry to hear of your pastor's spot. The poor guy just can't get a break can he-- all the wondering and worry-- quite a test. Bob seems to be in the right place now- answered prayers. Any camping this week-end? How is the weather? not much sun here to send- sorry

SHERRY Boy what an eventfull couple of days- sorry it was all sad. The computer sure can be frustrating can't it? Sometimes i think the old days were much better-- but then we wouldn't know each other would we.

MICHELE- Hope the big week-end goes super for you!!!

Well I am going for a haircut- Later, IN CHRIST- Gary

Good night Chet- Good night David-- the years are flying by.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #53  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Glad you are all doing ok, but I agree with Sherry and Wilma, it's kind of gloomy today. Maybe it's just the day, the mood.

I came home at 10 a.m. yesterday from work not feeling well. Slept for awhile, cleaned and thought i felt better and had my bible study at my house. (Which was wonderful!) but then i wasn't feeling good again and I didn't go to work again. Just got up again. Going to go have a banana and maybe a piece of toast. Not hungry........so you know i'm sick!

More later, hi to all of you!
Old 06-12-2003, 10:34 PM   #54  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello friends

Just a quick note tonight to say that I'll be MIA for a few days. I'm shutting the computer down now and will not have it back until Sunday at the earliest.

Have a wonderful Friday and a blessed weekend. Talk to you from the new house in a few days..

In Christ's Love,
Patti and Zoe <><
Old 06-13-2003, 08:19 AM   #55  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Patti, hope the move goes smoothly. How about a pic of you in front of the house? You can't hide behind the house!

Feeling better today, so i'm heading to work at the medical billing place.

Mr.Friday will be here tomorrow after work! I'm so excited!
Old 06-13-2003, 08:22 AM   #56  

Angry TGIF

Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is everyone this morning? We are doing better this morning. Sorry, I seemed gloomy yesterday, I guess it all just touched my heart. The church was over 100 years old and was completely gutted.

Today I have a lighter patient load, so will get some rest this afternoon. I hope! Kelli and I continue to do weight exercises and the bicycle when we go to the wellness center. I have actually gotten where I hurt less the days I go. Hum..... My low back hurts most of the time but even after working out harder and longer yesterday it wasn't hurting last night. Yay!!!!

Zoe~ Good luck with your move. I hope everything goes well. I hope our rains don't interfere with your move. Hollar back at us soon.

Wilma~ Happy Birthday!!!!!! :
Sorry about the headache. I hope it got better. I get those frequently but mine are mostly allergies and sometimes stress. I understand about you wanting the kids to walk too. Good luck. I'm still trying to get my dh to eat right and lose with us. He is getting so out of control and won't listen to me. Last night he ate 3 plates of spaghetti, 4 1/2 toast, apple pie and ice cream (large bowl) and then ate a banana. All in less than 2 hours. It's really worrying me. Please say a little prayer.

Michele~Hope you are feeling better!!!! Take care of yourself and check in when you feel like it.

Gary~ You get more days off mister!!! Just kidding. Hope you had a good visit with your mom. Tell us about the carpet you and your dw picked out. I love fruit too but have a hard time finding nectarines and stuff that I can eat in the winter months. We have nectarines in the stores now but they are $1.99/lb and up. But here lately we are eating canteloupe daily. Yum!!!!

Well, better go so I can get through before it gets TOO hot. Have a good day and a GOOD weekend!!!! Cya soon.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:49 AM   #57  
Quit counting at 45!

It's a bright sunny day here and my headache is almost gone. I get these monthly and they stay all day when I get them.

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I had a great day yesterday. DH sent me flowers at work - really brightened my day. Then, after work we went out for Chinese which is one of my favorites. He also gave me a gift certificate for Curves. I didn't expect it at all. He paid for my membership and signed me up for a year. Now, there are no more excuses. I'm looking forward to trying it. I just need to schedule when I'll be going because they close at 8:00 pm so there's not many options of when to go especially because I work full time.

mrshummer: I hear you on the DH problem. Mine isn't really overweight but I worry about him because he rarely eats vegetables and eats all evening. His work is physical so that helps a bit but I don't think he's getting all the nutrients that he needs.

Zoe: have a smooth move. Talk to you when you get back.

Gary: Hope you enjoyed your day off. DH got yesterday off which was a special treat for me on my birthday. DH also spent way more on me than I usually do on him too so don't feel bad. Let's just count our blessings and be extra nice to them.

Gotta go to work. I don't know how much I'll be able to check in this weekend but I will when I can. My inlaws are visiting. DOn't worry. I love them!

Have a super day!
Old 06-13-2003, 01:22 PM   #58  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Good Friday Ladies- not much time here to post- am waiting for my wife to get ready- we are going to a funeral of my next door neighbor- she was 92 and passed away last week--I think I had mentioned she fell and broke her hip and arm then- she had surgery and went into a coma the next day-- she was ready to go she said-- she is a Mormon and all her family- has been a large household next door the last few days from Utah. Well I hope all is well with you- Later- Christ Died for us-- that is for sure!!
Old 06-13-2003, 05:43 PM   #59  

Angry hi ya!

I been working on the bulletin for sunday for most of the day! Doing a special one for father's day, put a nice poem in it and lots of wildlife for the guys, they should like it.
Thanks for trying to send the sun, E.Z. it is suppose to arrive tom.
I have to work the weekend, but am off most of next week so I will kleave for camp on mon. can't wait. Thanks for all the prayers for pastor. He has had a rough go of it, it seems he finally gets good news to then get bad. He has grown so much, and I try to remember God works all things to good. Just waiting for the month to go by, but hate to be wishing summer away like that.
HAPPYY BIRTHDAY WILMA- sounds like you had a great day. Mitchy- let us know how it goes with mr. fri. Mrs. hummer send some sunshine and heat north if you can. Zoe- enjoy your new house- should be fun decorating. I have to work a double tom. but will check in before I leave on monday. Gary have a great father's day you deserve it, just get out of the chair long enough to go to church, by the way how is your nephew doing? My brother just finally got weekend visitation a couple weeks ago. His wife soon to be ex is a real piece of work. gotta run! luv ya's
Old 06-14-2003, 08:02 PM   #60  

Blessing to all! I am feeling under the weather I ate something I knew better and have been up in the bathroom all night long and most of sat! I weight myself today and I am down another 3 lbs!!!! My DD has been to two Dr.'s and they are not sure what is wrong she has a lump right at the start of her crack and both Dr.'s have said they have never seen anything like it. They did xray and we hope to know something Mon. She is in a lot of pain so pray it is something that will take care of it's self. DS has worked both Jobs this week and I can tell the days are starting to blend together.
Zoe-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a sweet husband you have.
Mitchypoo-I hope you are feeling better. Let us know how Friday went!
Sherry-It's ok to voice your sadness here that is what we are for. I will remember the families in my prayers.
Doitforme-I will keep your Pastor in my prayers. Remember the guy at my Church that had cancer of the heart? He is still with us! They gave him 6 weeks which would have been around thanksgiving and he has even been at Church the last few weeks! Please keep us updated on him I think of him often.
Ez-sorry to hear about your neighbor. But sounds like she is with God! I hope you enjoy your time with your Mother. I hope you have a Great Father's Day! I got my DH clothes for church (he has gained weight and refuses to buy a bigger size)
Zoe-Praying for a smooth move! Post when you can.

I pray that the Lord lift this wonderful group up and help us to reach our goals.
Closed Thread