Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 11:51 AM   #76  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CEers

Angel-Lover~Welcome! Glad you joined us.

I'm at the gym today and i'm actually going to work out! I've woke up with a new attitude! I also woke up with a migraine so I'm doing the best I can today.

Gary~i know you are right and I relate to the smoking thing too. I quit in 1992 and it was difficult but I did do it, cold turkey. I know that I can do this but it's just been difficult lately and I think it's partly because it's not just me and will-power, i haven't felt good in a long time. But this a.m. i made a good breakfast and I'm concentrating on low-carb which works for me. But i'm grateful to have a Father above that I can always talk to and he constantly shows his love. I find inspiration everywhere i turn, but sometimes you have to look for it. Your room sounds really nice, how nice to have a place to enjoy and spend time with the Lord. Dinner sounds wonderful too. What a great wife you have.

I plan on having a great day and i hope you all do too!

Old 06-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #77  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink TGIF

HOW'S IT GOING GALS?

Hope everyone is finished with their weeks work and can enjoy the week-end. I am taking off in the morning for San Pedro (Michele) knows where that is-- my wife's brother is getting married on Saturday- she is already there but my daughter had to work and my son just got home from the camp-- no big deal other than we are missing the rehersal dinner my mil is having. We will leave in the morning and come back Sunday afternoon- we are staying in the hotel he is getting hitched in so that should be easy to navigate if I have one too many beers

The wife and I pretty well set up the new room last night with her craft table and another chair besides the reclliner-- put some books and things in there too-- looking pretty cool.

WELCOME ANGEL LOVER Hope you stick around long enough for us to get to know you.

MICHELE Great job on the attitude!! Sorry about the migrane but at least you are trying to not let things like that ruin your day-- you are AWESOME!!! That Mr. Friday is one lucky guy. I am with you on the carb thing-- although that is my favorite food-carbs-!

Well I guess I will talk to you all on Sunday night or Monday.

BE GOOD TO YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Christ- Gary
Old 06-20-2003, 10:17 PM   #78  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Gary, hope you and the fam have a wonderful time at the wedding! San Pedro is nice, are you going to the Ports O'Call? Love to go down there and have seafood and see the shops. I've taken a dinner cruise down there too which was fun. I'm feeling a little homesick just now. My mother is leaving tomorrow for Palm Springs for the weekend, and that's one of my favorite places....

I've had a GREAT day!! I have done really well with the carbs today. I got some Diet Rite soda today too. Did you know it has Splenda instead of aspartame? That's great news for me. And it's decaf. I ordered lunch out but i still made a good choice with a chopped chicken salad, no croutons, pasta or sunflower seeds and tonight i went to the store and grilled up some chicken breasts and had one for dinner on top of a nice salad with ranch dressing. I didn't get the workout in, mainly cuz i could not get rid of the migraine until late afternoon. Maybe tomorrow.

Mr.Friday hasn't called me in two days and I have a bad gut feeling about the weekend. But at this point, i don't care. I'm going to concentrate on me, guys are just too much trouble........
Old 06-21-2003, 12:00 AM   #79  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Mich-- It is at Port Of Los Angeles San Pedro Hilton- not sure if that is Ports O'Call but my wife mentions that from time to time. her dad was on the fire boats in the harbor and that is where they had a memorial for him when he passed away a couple of years ago. I go up there with her but get confussed on where we are at. Hey! not all guys are too much trouble... well, on second thought... It will happen dear-- when it is time. Off to bed, G'night.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:46 AM   #80  

Thank you for your welcome. It's a beautiful sunshiney day here.(for a change) We've had mostly rain for 2 or 3 months now..Well, I'm starting over, kinda, today. I've lost 16 lbs, but came to a standstill. I went off diet for a few days(but maintained) to kind of "kick start" those scales again. I've heard it helps to do that. Guess I'll see!

Hope all are happy & well.

Last edited by Angel-lover; 06-22-2003 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:52 AM   #81  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Saturday Morning

It's really windy here so I think I'll spend most of my day indoors. I want to get my house cleaned and some baking done. I have a friend from back home visiting this afternoon for coffee so that should be fun.

I am really enjoying Curves. I didn't even find it too difficult to get there at 7:00 am. I am really hoping this program works.

Angel-lover: A big welcome to you. It sounds like you're on the right track. Keep going!!!

Gary: Hope you enjoyed the wedding. My brother is getting married at the end of August.

Michele: It also sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

My coffee is calling me. I better go have some and get my day going.

Have a great one.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:08 PM   #82  

Blessing this morning! And a Big WELCOME to ANGEL-LOVER. This is a great group of Christians who share their ups and downs in life. And life each other up in prayer! My DD the 20 yr old (the one getting married in sept) is the one with the cyst. It is still draining but looks so much better. My 16yr old is trying to be sneaky but patrol mom has been quick to catch on. To make a long story short I don't care for some of my DD friends and I am doing everything to keep them apart for her own good but she doesn't see it that way she thinks I am keeping her in prison! I have stayed OP! But I am not going to WI because the new scales WI 3 lbs heavier so I will wait until next week because I have to see a loss!
Angel-lover-looking forward to getting to know you. I think your right about not dieting for a few days (as long as you don't gain or fall off the wagon for good) and then starting again for that kick start.
Wilma-I can tell you are in the lose weight mood! Curves sounds like just what you needed!
Ez-Wedding? You have a great time! I took my friend out for birthday lunch at a mexican place and they had new menus that had fish taco! I hate sea food so of course I didn't try them but we are comming up in the world!
Mitchypoo-I hope your headache is gone I have had several this season also They have a lot of new meds for migraines that work a lot better. Don't worry about guy friday it will be his loss if he doen't call!
doitforme-how was work? now do you get several days off?
Sherry-how is your workout with your dd going? and do you have the goats off the bottle yet?

I pray you have a great week end and stay OP!
Old 06-21-2003, 01:58 PM   #83  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello Friends!!!

I'm here but just for a moment, just long enough to say hi to you's guys. My computer was JUST hooked up/connected only minutes ago. I have to run but will return later on tonight. I miss you all and can't wait to get back on a normal schedule.

Love of Christ to all,
Patti and Zoe <><
Old 06-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #84  

Thank all of you for such a warm welcome. Just a little dizzying trying to keep up, since I don't know everyone yet. I'm sure gonna have fun trying, though.

This is another blessing the Lord has given me! Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Last edited by Angel-lover; 06-22-2003 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:54 PM   #85  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Sunday evening

[COLOR=blue]Hello CEers ,

Went to church this a.m. and it was as always a wonderful service. We're doing a study of human relationships and today was families. Well I felt a little left out, cuz my family is in CA and i don't have a fam at home (Except my sweet Simba dog!), but the pastor also mentioned us single people or people who haven't had children. He thought of us all.

I can't believe it (well kinda) but I've lost 8 lbs. in less than a week doing the low-carb thing. I know that will not last, the quickness of it, but i know that this works for me. And I feel better, already!

Mr.Rude (his new name) did call late Sat. night and left a message, he sounded totally different, said he was just getting off work, wasn't coming, sorry.......not sincere at all. I was wrong again....

Zoe, you thought of us when your puter was hooked up, how sweet! How are you surviving the move in?

Sami~wow your plate seems full with your kids and their concerns. I've said a prayer for all of you.

Have to go get some stuff for dinner and make some tuna salad for tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:30 PM   #86  

That's a great weightloss! So happy for you.

Can I tell a blessing for today? I've been really down lately. (Not gonna go into a long story here.) My husband & I walked into the church this morning & found a former pastor & wife, who had come (quite a distance) just to see how we were doing! We couldn't believe it.....how we had missed them....thought & talked about them. After church, we took them out to eat & enjoyed the whole evening. They had no idea what had happened in our lives, but felt like they needed to come check on us! Isn't that just like the Lord to send someone special, just when you need them most!

Hope all of you have a great week.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:13 AM   #87  

Angry Monday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!

How is everyone this morning? Sorry, I've kinda been MIA for a few days. We spent some time last week getting ready for the garage sale and then because of outside circumstances my friend that was having it at her house, cancelled. And then my dh came in and asked how long it would take me to pack the camper to go to the lake for a few days. Well, I can tell you, Kelli and I can pack pretty quickly if we are going camping so we left Thursday morning and went to the lake. I had to work Thursday and Friday but just drove back in to see patients. It was so WONDERFUL to be at the lake again!!!! It was sad to see how very low the lake level is but I still enjoyed the view, the hummers, the other birds, and the quietness of no phones, no computer, no tv. AHHHH!!!! I'm a little less stressful now!

Earlier last week we had finally whined the babies (goats) off the bottle so we have them on grain and grass now. I fed them when I came back into town in the mornings and then before leaving in the afternoons so they did fine. My little 6 year dd caught an 8 inch crappy and didn't understand why it wasn't a keeper. It was surely a BIG fish for her. The oldest beat her dad with the fishing this trip but none caught a good mess.

Kelli and I have been doing SUPER with our workouts at the wellness center. I just wish they were open on the weekends. We missed Thursday and Friday but will get back in the swing of things today. My little dd starts swimming lessons today so I will be picking her up at the school everyday about 11:20 and have to feed her, get her changed, take her to the pool and let her do her lessons, then try to get her either back to school or take her home for her sis to watch. It's really gonna make my day a lot longer. But Kelli and I are eating good, especially camping. We ate grilled meats, fresh fruits and vegetables and an occ serving of beans. I'm not seeing much loss yet but my body is definitely changing form with all the exercise. Yay!!!!

WELCOME ANGEL LOVER!!!!! Hope you will like it here!!! It's a wonderful bunch of Christians that lift you up when your down, give support, and inspiration when needed. Pull up a chair and stay a while. Welcome.

Michele~ Oh, what are we gonna do with those men of yours? Hang in there my friend, thing WILL get better!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE EIGHT LBS!!!!

Gary~ Your room sounds absolutely wonderful!!! I wish I had one of those rooms to go be quiet and listen to our Lord and Savior and also to craft. Just keep the tv out of there and you will cherish it even more.

Sami~ Praying that your dd will be much improved and that our Lord will carry you both through all of this and the surgery. HE IS IN CONTROL!!!! WTG with your staying OP with your eating. I'm proud of you!!!

Wilma~ WTG with the Curves! Yes, I can relate to being sore all over!!! I over did it Wednesday and was kinda glad not to go Thursday and Friday and give my body a time to recuperate. I did way to much upper body things like butterflies and my chest was in major pain. But I'm ready to go again. But slower. Keep up the good work!!!

Zoe~ Well, I guess this means you got moved. Good for you. Have fun decorating it all!!!

Well, I have to hit the showers and get the ball rolling this morning. Hope EVERYONE has a good day!!!!! Talk atcha later!!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 11:58 AM   #88  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down MONDAY-MONDAY

HI LOOOOOSERS

Well I am back from the wedding-- All (almost) went well. It was one of the best ones I have ever been at-- real NICE ceremony and not too long, great appetizers served while all the pictures were taken, open bar!!, then a great lunch of roast beef- veggies that my DD replied "WOW" not only do they look good they taste good, not at all like the ones we get at school, several salads to choose from, a chicken dish with peppers that was awesome, and several desserts to choose from besides the wedding cake, of course I skipped that and had another beer I had 3 on the day and that was plenty for me. The music and dancing was a nice choice from the DJ of rock, disco, jazz and even a couple of country and BEST of all he played it loud enough to dance to BUT soft enough to talk over-- I just HATE it when you are at events like this and you can't visit with friends and family cause the music is overbearing. Oh, the only not so good part (probably why my BIL was still baching it at 40) he invited his buddies up to his honeymoon suite for pizza and drinks after the reception to watch the Lennox Lewis fight!! Not too smart His wife took it fairly well and they are off to the Carribean today.

ANGEL-LOVER Glad to see you here again. Isn't it great when we run into people unexpected that lift us up.

WILMA- Super on the CURVES!! I hope your Saturday turned out OK with the wind and company.

ZOE- Glad to see you got the computer going again-- looking forward to news on the new house.

SAMI- Hey girl just try a fish taco Actually if it is good it is very good but if it isn't a good fish taco they can be horrible! The DD cyst problem news is much better thank goodness. About the 16 yr. old -- just keep trying and praying-- sometimes there isn't alot you can do-- you can't be with them 24/7.

SHERRY- Wow an unexpected camping trip for you, how exciting. I am so glad you are on such a great run at the wellness center-- do this for the next 3 months and you will see such awesome success that you won't want to quit!! I promise. Oh, by the way my new room is a NO tv room for sure! It was too hard for me to study the bible during commercials!!

MICHELE-MICHELE What in the heck is up with these guys girl!? They don't deserve you that is for sure. Great job on 8 pound loss!

Well it is rainy here today-- the 3rd day of summer already and I am not sure spring ever really came-- I will say however that the weather hasn't been real good here but not too bad either-- just plain weired!!

Have a great day ladies- Gary
Old 06-23-2003, 01:28 PM   #89  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello,

Gary~Glad you had a good time at the wedding! Sounds like a really nice set-up. Except...........what was your brother thinking??!! On his WEDDING Day?! Oy!

Having another good day OP!

Sherry~Your camping trip sounds wonderful! Glad you had fun, you deserve it!

Old 06-24-2003, 08:38 AM   #90  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning

I have only 1/2 a day of work today. I worked a Saturday morning so now I get to take an afternoon off. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going for lunch with a friend and then I'm having some me-time. I also plan on cooking a nutritious dinner.

I was looking forward to the lettuce and spinach growing in my garden. On the weekend I found a bunny in the yard and he decided he needed them more than me. So, it's back to the store for my salad fixings.

I am loving Curves. I'm not even finding it hard to be there at 7:00 a.m.

Gary: It sounds like your b-i-l married a saint. I don't know how well I would have taken that!!

mrshummer: Glad to see you again. It sounds like you've been busy. I would love to spend a weekend at the lake. We just don't seem to have time for that these days. We do take day trips though so I get a bit of a taste of camping.

Angel-lover: Isn't it great how God looks after us even when we don't ask for Him to? Hope you're having a great day.

Michele: WTG on the weight loss. Keep up the great work.

Have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread