Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 07:52 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again....#339

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:55 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

OK OK I know...I have to post or the posting police will get me for starting a new thread and not immediately posting! Oh Sandy....where are yoooouuu?????

I have to go get something to eat...a bowl of cereal probably! Its too late to eat a meal.

I will be back again tomorrow for sure if not tonight!

Take care! Love you guys!

TTFN Michelle
Old 05-23-2003, 08:37 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Today has gone pretty well. Tonight I'm going to look up more info on WW and hopefully start the program this week.

Last night I had a really strange experience. All of a sudden my hubby and I heard bunny screams. (If you've ever heard it you know how loud that is.) Anyway seems that one of my kitties brought it in from outside for a snack. It also seems this bunny was pretty smart and got away and hid in my laundry. So we followed the screams and found the little fellow. He was tiny. We put him in a cat carrier (for his own protection) and took him to the Wildlife Refuge today. We released him near some other bunnies like him so I hope he survives and thrives.

Gotta go eat dinner. See you all later.

Old 05-23-2003, 09:12 PM   #4  

I'm here, just been lurking around. . I have not been on my best behavior, actually, I have not really been on any behavior. I have got to find my inthusiasm again!!!

Amanda: What a great heart you have saving that little bunny. I've never heard of a bunny screaming or a bunny getting drug in the house by a kitty....that was a first for me. I'm so happy the poor little thing is okay though and back with other bunnies.

Tina: I know your away at the Race, hope you are having a grand time. Hope the weather is holding out.

I hope everyone is having a great time for the long weekend. Okay some may not have a long weekend, but for the holiday weekend.

Hugs,
Old 05-23-2003, 10:40 PM   #5  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Charlotte Bound (well, almost)

Hey guys.....

Just hopping in here real quick with a good night. It's around 10:35pm and we've got the alarm set for 4:00am, so that doesn't give me a lot of time and I've got a ton to do before I go to bed. We're leaving at 5am and should be home sometime late Monday evening. I will report in as soon as I get back and I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

P.S. If you're watching the race, and they have to stop it because a crazy lady in orange is climbing the fence as Tony drives by......

it's not me. Well, ok....it is.

See you soon!

P.S. Sandy: When I get back, I expect to see ALOT more of you.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:26 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Hi all...

Quick post before bed...the wake was today and the funeral is tomorrow. So sad.

Food is okay...not great. Weight is the same, I'll take that...next week will be better.

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Have fun, whatever you have planned.

Old 05-24-2003, 01:04 AM   #7  
A Work In Progress

Default Hey!

I just wanted to post since I have not posted in the new thread. I am sort of sad. I dont guess that I am going to get to meet Tina I dont know if she forgot we were supposed to meet or what but now she is gone. I have asked her about our meeting in my last couple of posts but I guess she missed them. I was supposed to go out with my sister this weekend. She lives in Lincolnton NC and wanted hubby and me to go out with her and hubby and celebrate their anniversary. I told her I had plans and could not go. I hope that she will still have me

Tina- What happened girl? I would have loved to meet you. Maybe next time

Well I am gonna go. I hope that all of you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Tracy
324/320/150
Old 05-24-2003, 08:00 AM   #8  
Beauty is within...

Another quickie....

had a really late night watching movies with Marc last night. A few too many champas, so I've got quite a bit of walking to do this week to make up for it!!!

Did some more gardening today - VEeeerrrry quick, as it started to rain, but got the rest of my pansies in. So pretty! One of my favourite flowers.

Food's been really good. I'm really getting hooked on making smart choices, and then giving myself a mental pat on the back. I like the feeling of control. Of finally recognising that I have to be clever about what I eat and when, so that I can still enjoy treats, but in a controlled environment. I HAVE to know and understand how to do this to the point of it being automatic, because it is a LIFELONG habit!!!!

See ya!
Old 05-24-2003, 08:29 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

See all of you at Chat tonight
Old 05-24-2003, 08:03 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Moving us to the top
Old 05-24-2003, 09:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies! Looks like I missed chat this week. Only 4 more days until I get weighed and measured. I bought a new car last night. It's a dark green 2000 Pontiac Grand Am. It also has a sun roof and was low in miles. It is so pretty. It was kind of hard getting rid of my old car considering it was the only car I ever owned. I bought it in 1995 when I got my license. However, it had 140,000 miles on it and I was ready for a change. I figured I'm working on a new body so I might as well get a new car. Needless to say, I'm very happy with my choice. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Steph
Old 05-24-2003, 10:48 PM   #12  

Sorry I missed chat. We had company pop in at 8:30pm, so I could not be rude. Anyway I did pop in when they left which is now at 10:49pm, and no one is here. But wanted to let you all know I was planning on getting there.

I did want to say to Amanda that I finally found your stuff on ebay and it was very nice. Good luck with it.

Night all, will check in tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:36 AM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

It was a typical Saturday here: cleaning my house....and yes, the kitty box

Why do some cats have to "bless" the box after you clean it and kick cat litter all over the bathroom after one cleans that?

Let's see...food has been terrific, and I'll weigh myself again on Wednesday--maybe I'll measure myself too, since I haven't done it for a couple weeks.

My prints from the photographer came back yesterday; I had to shuffle through 36 prints to find suitable ones for my modeling "book" (aka portfolio), and also updated my website to give it a more professional look

Wow Steph, guess a lot of us are getting something new...you a new car, me a new look, and Tina new kittens! Isn't it great to reward oneself with non-food items during our weight loss journey?

Tina: Have a blast at the race, and I'll be looking for the crazy lady coming over the fence when Tony races by! NASCAR RULES!
Old 05-25-2003, 02:25 AM   #14  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys !!!
I am back... but I don't know for how long ???
I went to Missouri Thursday and worked hard ALL NIGHT getting stuff ready for the big sale. No bed left to sleep on so I slept on their small sofa. If you can call it sleeping. LOL

I hung HUGE signs on the garage door and the front door that the sale would not open before 8am.
Does that stop rude people ??? NO !!!!!!
They started ringing that door bell every 5 minutes for 30 minutes.
I mean I had the sign next to the doorbell.... and they still think they are the "exception"
I HATE RUDE EGO MANIACS !!!!!!

Okay... that off my chest. LOL
The sale was unbelievable. I would have 30-40 people there and me trying to do it by myself. OH MY. LOL
I know a couple things were STOLEN.... ( I will never understand people) but that is their problem more than mine.
But after 3 non-stop days of hard work (sale 2 days)... we sold over $1,000 of junk.
I could not belive it !!!! Family bought a ton of stuff before the sale.... and my parents gave us a ton of stuff too. We would not have even bothered with the sale because we didn't think we had enough to make it worth all the work... but I guess we did. LOL
I am sooo happy I was able to do that for my parents.
There is not much I can do for them anymore.
They are both so very depressed right now.
I hope making that money helped cheer them up some.

I know I need to reply to everyone... but I think I will go to bed instead.
I don't know if DH and I are going any place Sun-Tues...he gets off until Wed.
If I am here... I will write... if I don't write... know I am thinking of all of you.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-25-2003 at 02:30 AM.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:40 AM   #15  
Beauty is within...

This weekend has been a bit higgledy piggledy for me, but I've kept a reasonable control on my food. Today, I had an Undercoverwear Party, which is lingerie and clothes for women. I served low fat muffins and diet flavoured mineral water!!

I also went for my long walk and did my stretches. Yay!

I had an interesting thought on my walk. I was thinking that in my post tonight I'd be saying how positive I feel about this, and that hopefully this time it will last. And I thought AH! Saying "hopefully this time it will last" is almost inviting disaster. I SHOULD NOT be saying "hopefully" but DEFINITELY. This is a lifestyle. It is a change for life. There IS NO "hopefully" because this is not just a fad, but a way of being for the rest of my life. Although my conscious mind has accepted it, and talks about it being this way, obviously my subconscious mind is taking a bit to catch up!!!

I also realised that once I've lost another 4 kilos, I will have lost 10 kilos from the weight I was at when I got pregnant this time last year.

I got caught out today by tricky advertising I bought some low fat chocolate muffins that claim to be 97% fat free. However, when you look at the kilojoules and total fat, one muffin is equal to 2 WW points!!!! For something that's supposed to be almost fat free, that's a lot of points!!! I'm spewing cos I had 3 thinking they'd be about 1 point each, and in doing so have gone over points today. I was trying so hard to do the right thing, and got caught out. Guess that will teach me a lesson, that I shouldn't ASSUME anything, but check the facts!!!!!

Hey, 2cute, it's nice to know that we're not the only people dealing with idiots who think they own the place. We had a garage sale about 1 year ago, and even put a time in the paper, and STILL they came early. One couple got narky with us because we wouldn't let them in! Amazing, huh! Glad to hear you had such good results, and certainly hope that cheers your parents up - I'm sure the fact that you went to such effort should do that anyway!!! You are an amazing person, and I think any family would be lucky to have you!!!

Lori, what are all the photos for? You mentioned a portfolio - what is it for? I missed your earlier explanation, so hope you don't mind repeating...

Night guys!
Closed Thread