Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again Weekly Thread #1099

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Just a quickie, Erica, my plan is The Cambridge Diet, in the UK it's a totally liquid diet ( with bars but no 'proper food, except for every fifth week where you have a tiny portion of fish/chicken & veg for a week), in the US I think it's used with one 'normal' meal, check it out on the web, I know they have versions worldwide. You get a person you visit, or who visits you, talks to you, weighs & measures you AND he/she has had to have lost weight using the plan. Therefore they know the ups & downs there are & can offer tips & advice on any problems you might have. Hope Amanda's surgery goes well & you have some GOOD LUCK, I think you're both OVERDUE some!!xxxxxx
xxxxxsharon
Old 03-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Just a quickie to say Hi. I had a good day yesterday, thanks to your help and I was feelin the love. We are getting ready for our trip to see my parents, so I will probably be lurking for a while...I should be able to post once we get there(Thurs~Weds) and have some down time~there is a computer at the hotel, my Dad's and if my husbands longevity check comes in, we will be looking for a newlaptop.

Luan: Your "boy" is SOOOO cute! Don't worry about the age thing, be happy! My niece married a boy 10 yrs younger last July (she's 31) and is having her first baby in May. It was weird at first, but he is a good guy.

Nightkat: WOW! You are a busy girl!! with your new shop!

LKPabst: Sorry about your ankle, but at least your daughter was there to help out. I hope you feel better soon

Brenda: What a great guy you have! That was so sweet of him to buy you that ring! You totally deserved it!!

Ammi: Thanks about my friend...she was 39 and her boys were 11 and 9. So sad! I have tried to be in more photos, but usually I am hiding behind my kids or only "neck up"! The thing I am really looking foward to is a new driver's liscense photo...I look like a ballon in my present one which is 2 yrs old!

That's it for now as I must get ready for work...
Have a Great OP Day!

Donna
Old 03-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #4  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

Well, I'm off to a slow start this morning (I am NOT an early person) so I haven't even had my coffee yet.

But my good news is that the scale finally moved and so I'm down 2.3 pounds this week. I'm thinking about just getting on there once a week so I don't freak out over every little fluctuation on a daily basis, but we'll see.

Ammi and Donna, thanks very much for your kindness and words of encouragement. I'm not going to let a couple of jerks stop me, of course, and have decided to just try and forget about the incident.

Well, I'm off to eat some breakfast (oatmeal) and then go walking and to the grocery store. See you ladies later!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Just a quicky because I have a busy week this week and have to do most of my 'chores' including taking up some hems on my jeans today. I just wanted to let you all know that my scale SUCKS Ok so I had some treats on Saturday, let's see, a danish, some mayo on my subway club, a packet of sweets and a pizza. I don't think that deserved a 4 lb gain Yep you read it right, a 4 lb gain. I only gained 7 lbs after pigging out and I mean pigging out for nearly 2 weeks over Christmas!! It's crazy. But don't worry I am not letting it get me down, no time for that nonsense. I shall just be a WW angel this week, with no treats and hopefully come next Monday some of those 4 lbs will be gone. I am not changing my ticker, never like to see the thing going UP.

I will try to post some personals later, just wanted to let you all know my WI results. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-26-2007, 09:14 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Morning chickies!! I hope you all are feeling well. Spring has finally sprung here in New England. YEAH!!

Ammi...don't worry..its all water weight. Get right back on track today and it will be long gone next week. In the grand scheme of things, its really just a speedbump!

Litchick - Way ta go on the loss!! That is GREAT!!

Donna - Good for you for staying OP!! I am sure you are looking forward to your visit with your parents.

Sharon - You are doing so well with your plan. Good for you!! Keep up the good work!

As for me, I lost 5 lbs this week in spite of TOM. I was determined not to let how horrible it makes me feel keep me from staying OP. I did eat out twice, but made what I thought were good choices. It is also getting nice out and I am thinking about walking outside some in addition to my stationary bike, but I must say that I really enjoyed walking inside at the mall yesterday. Oh well, any walking is good walking I s'pose.

I must get to work, but will pop in later. Have a wonderful OP day chickies!!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:00 AM   #7  

i agree Ammi its only water. i love your positive attitude though lol!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #8  
Shadiepurple

Greetings chick-a-dees ! Hope everyone has smiled this morning.

Well, not much to tell yet. I have been so on plan and proud of it! I saw an endocronalogist a few weeks ago for my old diabetes. I have been on 3 meds and insulin for some years now and just not happy with my BSL not changing with my diet changes. She is the most awesome lady. She is from India decent and has such a soft, mellow manorism. She changed my meds and cut my carbs to almost nothing and ordered labs. She has had me journaling my food too. I go see her tomorrow. I feel great, ( as well as 400lbs feels great) but I still won't weigh until TOM has long gone. Its due today so next Monday I will prob. weigh. My waist is down almost 6 inches, so I like that!

So far this month we have had 7 birthday parties and one more to go before its done. I have had a total of.. .....2 bites of filling... . thats it!!!! No cake ,no ice cream, no candy bags, no chips. I did have 2 slices of Chuck E cheese cheese pizza. I wont do that again

AMMI, pizza makes me swell before I can get home and it stays for about 2-3 days. I dont know why it is sooo hard on me but maybe it is on you too. My rings that spin on my finger are too tight to move before I get home. I only had cheese so its not the adding of the extra salty meats like I use to think . I will NOT be eating that again. Any way, this was to be a short one and on and on I go.

Hello dear new ladies. I am sorry it has taken me soooo long to welcome you, but I am so happy your hear.

LANNE: Please keep us posted on your progress. I went to a lecture on the WLS last week. I have wanted it soooo bad for so long but dumb insurance would rather pay for meds for years. I hope to find a way soon. I am doing really well on my own right now, but I know the day will come when I'm tired and thats when I'll need the band to keep me going. I am the last of my fat friends. 5 have had the Lap band and my cousin had the bi-pass. ALL LOOK AND FEEL GREAT. They are all almost to their goals. You will do awesome I just know it. Enjoy the freedom you will soon have.

Ok I'm out of here for now. Love and strength to you my sisters.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:26 PM   #9  

Hey everyone-

Well I found out something cool. We have comcast cable and they have the on demand menu. Well on there they have a ton of free fitness videos! Well I have been wanting to try the walk away the pounds tape for a while now. So I did the basic one mile walk and was I out of breath! I have been doing good with the food lately. But not with exercise. I need to keep up the routine of working out so I can build stamina. It does get better right? I didn't finish the whole session but I did 20 minutes! Which is great for me. I figure if I do that a few times a week I will build up to being able to do the whole thing. The only problem is I get so out of breath and I start wheezing a little bit. I have been checked for asthma. But I think its just because I am so heavy. Hopefully in time that will go away! I will ask my primary care Dr. about that wheezing though. Its not really bad just a little bit. So yeah I thought that was cool that I have a ton of fitness videos I can try out. Guess no more excuses to not work out!

Ok I am sooooo behind on personals but let me get a few in...

CATHERINE~Happy belated Birthday!

KATT~Good to see you post!

DONNA~Hope you have fun visiting your parents.

LESLEY~WTG on losing 2.3 pounds! And great pictures you posted. You are so pretty!

AMMI~Sorry you had a gain! I hate that! I can eat one bad meal and it seems the salt alone will make me gain 10 pounds! You will get those 4 pounds off in no time.

PEGGY~Wow losing 5 pounds on tom! That is awesome! I seem to gain so much water weight during tom. I see you have almost lost 40 pounds! Keep up the good work!

SHADIE~Sorry you are having a hard time with your meds. I hope they get it all figured out. 6 inches off the waist is great!

SANDY~ I haven't seen you post in a while. Hope you are doing alright.

Well I hope you all are having a good day. I have a mountain of laundry to tackle!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #10  

SHARON~I saw you mentioned in the last thread I should post a picture of my cats. I posted a pic of Alex and Allie on the picture page.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

mechell--wow, workouts on OnDemand?! I never woul dhave even thought to look there! We have Comcast OnDemand also, so I'll have to check and see if we've got workouts available on this coast.

Well, Jeff and I did it--we ordered and put down a deposit on my engagement ring setting. We'll get the diamond from his friend's jeweler (he'll be able to get us a better quality diamond for the same carat weight and price as Jared), and the setting will be in 9 days from when we ordered (Saturday), so should be early next week. I am SO excited
Old 03-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 347/332/150

Height: 5ft 7in

hi all!
Glad to see everyone is doing well, for the most part.

i did pretty good all week until yesterday. my grandma asked me to go shopping with her and every time we go shopping we always eat lunch at pizza hut because when we go shopping with other people we never get to go there so its our little tradition. anyway, thats really the only splurge i had all week and it wasn't even that bad i had 2 pieces of pizza and 2 breadsticks and brought the rest home for my dad and sister. but ive decided not to feel guilty when i eat something "not so great" cause i figure if i don't indulge now and then i'd go crazy. thats where i think i went wrong all the other times i tried to lose weight. i didn't give myself any margin for error, and when i did eat something bad i totally gave up (which sounds ridiculous, but im sure you all know where i am coming from, right?) anyway, inspite of my pizza hut experience i still was down 2 pounds this morning, even though i am happy about that i was hoping for three to make it an even 10 pounds lost. oh well.

LitChick: i get on the scale almost everyday too, but i think it's more because i don't like surprises. id rather see the everyday fluctuations than get on the scale after a week of thinking i did really good to see i maintained or even worse: gained! so in a weird way i think checking everyday keeps me more sane lol.

Peggy: way to go on the loss! i think our mall has a walking program, come to think of it, i think there is a nighttime walking club that walks around the high school a couple times a week too, anyway, what im looking forward to is walking around the flea markets in a month or two!

well, i just got off the treadmill so i need to take a shower and get cleaned up before i start making dinner for my sister then we are running over to walmart! see ya all later!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #13  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Just to say I stayed the same this week, not that suprised as have had a bit of choccy this week and a few take away meals, nothing over the top but not little enough to lose. Am doing good with my exercise, not far off my 900 min goal for the month. Went to the gym tonite.

Em x
Old 03-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Real Quick guys. Just want to let you know I am alive. I am really sick. I have Joel's cold/flu bug worse than I did before. I am feverish and coughing etc. So, I just don't feel like posting for now. Head hurts. Just wanted you all to know that I gained 1.2 pounds at ww on Saturday. I don't understand it but that is my life for now. No cheats, work hard on the exercise and gain. Oh well. I haven't been able to exercise since Saturday. Just too sick.

Hope you are all doing well. Haven't read the posts yet but I will when I'm better.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 03-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #15  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I had a really nice weekend with my family, although I ate absolutely horribly. I really need to spend some time devising strategies for dealing with my triggers there. It is just so tough for me to say no to certain things, like bagels and lox (which of course means cream cheese). However, if I want to spend time with them and not go completely off plan every time, I really need to figure this out.

My parents’ new place is really nice, and we spent many hours talking about how they can fit all of their current stuff in the new place. We then spent time with my stepmother’s family who are all grieving trying to deal with the loss of her father. I am going back next weekend to attend the wake on Friday and the funeral on Saturday. Since I missed a few days in the beginning of the month it is going to be tough to meet my March exercise goal – but I am determined to do it! Being away will make it that much tougher, but I will try and find a way.

I still haven’t sent in the check for the new apartment. For all I know it could be gone by now. While I have some small reservations about the place itself, I think the biggest thing is that once I send that check it means this is all really happening. Even though that is what I want to happen, it is still tough to make that actual step. I also keep thinking about what if there was something else even better. That is such a dangerous things though, since I am sure there will always be something else around the corner. Is it really going to be that much better? Probably not. It is all what you make of it.
Closed Thread