Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 05:23 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon ladies!

Wow, its been a while since I last posted. I've been working hard this weekend.

Saturday was spent with DH, MIL and BIL getting things done for her and doing the memorial day thing too. Somehow it took all day but it was a good day. I asked DH how many years had it been since he had a day with his mother like that - probably 28 years.

Sunday was cleaning house day. I was determined to get the house whipped into shape since I felt like I had been so focused on everyone else the last month or so that I needed that mentally. The house looks so much better.

Today was outside day. I planted two planters of vincas, two hostas, one peoni bush and worked on finishing my landscape area. I don't have it finished because the old bod is just plain tired.

Food has not been great. I did go to WW on Saturday and was up 2 lbs but I know its water. Seems like my body is very sensitive to PMS and humidity and likes to hang on to water no matter how much I drink. Maybe I need more water. I haven't gone on a binge because of WI but I have gotten lax. It kind of makes you weary when you work really hard and then the body does its own thing. But the fridge is stocked with lots of fruits and veggies to get back on focus.

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 05-26-2003, 09:47 PM   #32  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chicks!!!
I wish I could catch up with everyone, but that may take me all night and this tired body needs to get to bed. Just a quick update on vacation...
We had a great time. Spent the first couple days gambling in Biloxi with my family. Jeff had some pretty good streaks at the BlackJack tables and we managed to win enough to pay for the vacation. Not a bad deal to come home and put money back in the bank. We spent the rest of the week on the beach. It rained most days, but we didn't let that dampen our spirits. A few trip highlights: we met my best friend from high school and her new hubby for dinner one night, I treated myself to a full-body massage (that was a first and I loved it), the seatbelts fit on all the airplanes, my nephew graduated from high school, my mom was so proud of my weight loss. All in all it was a GREAT week!!!

I managed to work out nearly every day we were away - either taking a walk or working out in the little gym at the hotel. We also played some golf and swam. I tried to be careful with my food - but we had some pretty big meals and I did drink a bit. I jumped on the scale this morning to see a 3.6 pound gain. I am giving myself until Friday, my usual weigh-in day, before I officially consider the gain. I am not too terribly disappointed considering the good time that we had. I am back on track tomorrow morning.

Today was spent doing laundry and relaxing a bit. I pick the dogs up from the kennel tomorrow afternoon - we couldn't get them today because of the holiday. I can't wait to see them. I hope my puppy remembers me!

Kat -- can you give me more details about the dressing you make with seseme oil, rice vinegar, splenda & soy sauce? I am always in search of good dressing idea. If anyone else has any, please share.

Sara --- I am so happy to hear that the surgery went well. This past week made me even more thankful that I had it --- no worrying about contacts as I was jumping into the water.

I wish I had more time to reply, but I'll catch up from here --- I did go back and read every single message, which took me a while.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Glad to be back with my favorite gals!
Barb
Old 05-26-2003, 11:19 PM   #33  
Michigan Old-Timer

DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#340"

God Bless America!
Closed Thread