Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #1  

Smile 300+ and Ready to Try Again #1072

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 01:04 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

whoops...I was looking at my Fitday, and I forgot to add in the chicken that was in my salad yesterday It's not a huge deal, but it does put me up into the 1900s for yesterday's calories (which should still be fine to keep me around an 1880 daily average for the week). I made sure to go in and add that chicken for today (although I just picked the chicken out and didn't eat the rest of the salad--sooo wasn't in the mood for mango and tomato today).

I got in 70 minutes of exercise this morning because I couldn't add properly and thought I was only doing 60 That makes up for the 30 I missed out on yesterday, plus gives me an extra 10 as punishment for skipping a day!
Old 12-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #3  

Smile

Hello Chickies!

Thought I'd start a new thread. Last one was getting a bit long.

WI is looking good today. Got on the scale a bit ago and it said 234.4! That's 5 lbs down. So, for all my moaning and whining, I truely apologize. Just quit listening to me. It's not like I've been paying that much attention this week either. I really don't understand my body. Still, I think I've just about given up on the idea of any -real- loss thru December. I have a holiday lunch for work tomorrow, girl's night out with my friend for her birthday on Sat, my SCA Yuletide party on Mon, Xmas with the family on the 23rd, a New Year's party on the 31st, and assorted little impromtu get-together's from now until then! I'll be happy, make that ESTATIC, if I maintain!

Motivation still eludes me, but DH and I have discussed it and we are going to be OP as much as possible, with all the foody-distractions of the holidays, and after the First we'll get SERIOUS! I still hope, but have no real expectation, of being to 228 by the 1st. Short of a nasty bout of stomach flu that's unlikely. But I WILL GET BELOW 200 in the NEXT FEW MONTHS! I'm tired of this crapola!

I also think I'm going back to weighing every day or so. If I saw 234 one day and 249 the next, I'd know it was a false gain. Then maybe I wouldn't get so neurotic about them.

to all my chickies! Hope you have a terrific OP day!
Old 12-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #4  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hello guys and thanks for the welcome backs

Jilly - yeah I am so in this for the long haul and the thing is have SO much on my plate (excuse the pun!!) with finishing my nursing training, 2 kids, hubby, house etc that I know life will get in the way sometimes and I will be less than perfect!! So I am trying to think,who cares how long it takes,and just to see it going downward will do. I have a major perfectionish streak and also like to beat myself up about stuff s o must try to chill out and let go a bit.

Wyellen - think that this dec is unrealistic (for me I mean!) to set any exercise goals and if I don;t meet them will worry. I have lots of nursing shifts to do and they are like really really tiring, on my feet for 11+ hours so don't tend to really exercise out of work. Will think about joining in the new year tho, maybe push the boat out and try and commit to a 30 min walk a few times a week or something. Hope thats ok....

Ammi - you must be busy if you've not posted hun, hope all is good with you you are doing sooooo well and are an inspiration to me (and lots of others I'm sure)

Nightkatt - I love reading your posts and their positive vibe, I can get down and negative so I am hoping u will rub off on to me a little!!

Everyone else - speak soon!! Off to get kids off to martial arts class now -

Em x

Last edited by emilymay; 12-06-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #5  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Well I just had a shocker yesterday ... I was actually at a higher weight than I had originally said ... gawd as if my starting weight wasnt bad enough! I got my old scales out and got on them .. then got on the new ones and saw how off they were! My original starting weight was just over 150kg .. which worked out to be 330.69 pounds!!!! Just as well I lost some weight before Scoot got me the new scales cos there is a weight limit on them of 150kg and I would have been really depressed not being able to get a reading on my new scales cos I would be too heavy for them!

Sooooo ... that actually made me a little depressed to think that I had gone up that high .. and Im sure I was actually higher than that before I even started this weight loss journey .. actually before we sold our shop cos I know some things were tighter to wear than after I started my journey for the first week.

I had to put it into perspective tho .. whatever I started Im not that any more am I? It does mean I have reached 50 pounds loss .. and tomorrow I have my weigh in .. I would be really happy if I can get down to 170 this month, that would be 60 pounds .. not bad for 5 months

Gotta go .. just wanted to tell you my news.

Huggies for now
Old 12-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 370/350/200

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to share the good news that I was able to change my ticker today. I waited to see if it was true. But hey I lost my first 5 pounds!!!! I am very motivated to keep on going...thanks for letting me share. Gotta go.

Terry
Old 12-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #7  

way to go that is great on your 5 pounds lost! congratulations!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: Yea on -4 pounds. That is wonderful. Keep on going.

Jilly: Wow. You are really getting some great exercise in !

Lilion: Yea to you on another -5. Wonderful. Don't worry about whining. Whine all you want. That is what we are here for joy and sorrow!

Katt: Hugs to you. Glad things are moving the right direction though.

Terry: Wow. Congrats on your -5. I feel excited about my weigh in on Saturday. Good job.

Everyone not here. Hugs to you all and hope you are well.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Jill – I have had to taken on all kinds of additional responsibilities at work because people left and they didn’t replace them. I like the way your place is doing it much better! I have organized trade shows before and they can be a lot of fun. Good luck on your review!

Annie – Definitely post any minutes you exercise! They all count. Like everything else, little bits can add up to big changes.

Sharon - on the 4 pounds!!!

Misti – Another fabulous picture!!

Lilion – Way to go on the 5 pounds down!!! It sounds like you are going to be super busy with things in the next few weeks.

EmilyMay – With everything you have going on you definitely need to find ways to not feel that you need to be perfect. With such a busy life it is just not possible! Actually, perfection is never possible, but even more so with so many things pulling you in different directions.

Katt – You have done fantastically well. Where you started from isn’t anywhere near as important as where you end up. In fact, now you can brag that you have lost even more than you originally thought!

Terry – Another big loser! Congratulations to you too!!!

I have been planning out company’s holiday party (this is one of the tasks that I have inherited that I don’t care for) and just had to postpone it until January 6th. Everyone was so busy with other things we would have missed a bunch of people if we had it earlier. It will actually be better I think because this way I am spacing things out more and not having so many things right at the same time.

Last edited by NotTheCheat; 12-06-2006 at 04:48 PM. Reason: forgot smiles!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I posted this in the exercise thread, but I just had to come post it here, too, because I am so proud of myself:

Well, I got home from work and remembered we needed milk. I very easily could have just stopped at the store on my way home, but instead, I came home, threw on my sneakers and a sweatshirt, and walked to the 7-11 (and took the long way around the block!). So here's another 25 minutes of walking (including the second 1/2 mile while carrying 2 half gallons of milk--they didn't have any whole gallons of skim milk ).

Nancy--yeah, I LOVED doing trade shows at a prior job. They were HUGE, and we did probably 15 shows a year, so there was always another one right around the corner. Here, it looks like there will only be a handful (maybe 5 a year), and for some, we will just be attendees, not exhibitors, so it will be easier, but not as much fun

Annie--it's good to hear you are excited about your weigh-in on Saturday...I'm sure it will be a good one!

Terry--congrats on the -5!!

Katt--psh...who cares what your starting weight is/was...that's not you now, and you've still lost the same awesome amount of weight regardless of where you started!

emilymay--I'm a but of a perfectionist at times, too, and I think that's why sometimes I get that mentality of, "oh, well, I had one unplanned treat, so now my whole day is ruined...might as well have whatever else I want!" Not this time, though...I'm here for that long-haul business now, too

Lilion--wow, you really are close to the 200s...THAT should be some motivation in itself! I know you'll bust out of 'em soon

Alright, now that I've taken a walk and gotten milk, I should probably go get dinner started. I found a job online that I might apply to tonight as well--it would be part-time from home, so if they don't mind me working strictly evenings, then it sounds good. We shall see...
Old 12-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #11  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Jill - very well done on your walk for the milk, you are in 'the zone' for sure!

Nancy - you have done sooo great on your weight loss journey, you must feel and look so different well done you!

Annie, well done on getting 20 pounds off, that is so great, can;t wait til I;ve done that too!

Lilion and Terry well done on your losses that is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat news!

Nighkatt, 60 pounds in 5 months omygoodness me!! that is really amazing, massive huge congratulations to you

Just put my xmas tree up, its so lovely and feel quite christmassy now!!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #12  

Hey everyone-

I am FIANLLY getting over this horrible cold! I can't believe I have been sick for two weeks now! Thanks everyone for all of the well wishes!

Good news- We are moving to Spokane, Washington! DH got the job! I am so excited. We leave here Feb. 4! What is great about leaving in early Febuary is we will miss the really really bad weather up here in Barrow. In Mid Febuary it gets down to like -50 windchill is -100! I won't be missing that!*lol*

So I really would love to shed some weight before we leave. I have about almost two months...so I hope to at least lose another 10 pounds or so at least. I also can't wait to start working out again. There was no way I could work out being so sick these last few weeks. I would have been wheezing and coughing! *lol*

Well there is no way I can catch up on the personals, but I hope to get back into the swing of things and start posting more.

EMILY~WELCOME BACK!

KATT~Losing 50 pounds in 5 months is awesome!! Congrats hun!

POCHITA~Congrats on losing your first 5 pounds! WTG!!

MISTI~I like your new avatar pic!

SHARON~Congrats on losing 4 pounds!

JILL~Awesome walking back for milk! WTG!!

And I wanted to say thank you to SHARON, BRENDA and ANNIE for the cards!

I have been so sick but I just got my cards mailed off. I am sorry a head of time if they are late!

I hope all of you are doing well!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lilion -- You have a lot of events, and I know what you mean about being thrilled to maintain during the holidays. Good luck!

Emilymay -- Goodness, if setting exercise goals would be too crazy for you, then don't do it. I'm working hard to be inclusive and bring in as many people as I can, but don't want to stress anyone out!

Katt -- You are doing really well, and so what about the starting weight! you are even more impressive than you thought!

Terry -- Congrats on the first 5 down... hopefully many more to go!

Michelle -- Wow, that move sounds great for you! Good luck!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #14  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone. I am happy to report that I was down a pound at my weigh in today. I wasn't sure what to expect because I haven't exactly gotten my eating where I need it to be so I am going to have to put it down to 5 days of exercising on the Gazelle. I think I mentioned a few weeks back that I switched WW meeting and I am so glad I did. I really liked this leader. She commented that I had not been there a couple of weeks. It was nice to know she notices who's there and who isn't. Feels more personal. She's also very motivating and you can just tell by the group who are there that she really has a loyal following. I really look forward to going again next week. I will be working hard to be able to report a loss again!

Lillion - Hey, whine and moan all you please. We know what a frustrating business weight loss can be. Sometimes you just gotta let it out! Sounds like you are really motivated to get rockin' on down the scale after New Years. I am feeling that way too. I am going to try my best between now and then but not get too stressed if the scales don't budge too much for now.

Emilymay - Even if you aren't getting in some true exercise sessions, at least you work at a job where you are walking and moving so you are getting in more exercise in a day than alot of people who sit all day for their jobs. (like me)

Katt - 50 pounds down is awesome!

pochita - Way to go on the first 5 down!

Nancy - Oh, I would HATE to have to plan the company party. I couldn't stand all the complainers who would never be satisfied whatever I did. Maybe you don't work with people like that, but I do. Does your company have a 12/31 fiscal year end? Just wondering if you are heading into crunch time like I am. Ug! I dread the thought.

Jilly - Perfectionism getting the best of your eating plan. I can totally feel ya on that one! It's a tough mindset to change, but we can do it.

Michelle - WOOHOO!!! You get to leave the frozen tundras of the north! What an experience you have had though. Not many can say they've had the opportunity to live in Alaska. Still, I know you are glad to be heading back to the lower 48. I am happy for you.

OK, I am off. Have just a few more Christmas cards to write and then I am done. Take care, all.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

*sigh* hi all!! its been FOREVER and i am so sorry! i have been out of town working so much. its CRAZY. i have not been at all focused and ive gained everything back. im so frustrated with myself. i cant totally blame it on my work but its SO hard when theres all this good food, and its all you can eat and there are so few good choices to make. i havent been to the gym in forever. im just so frustrated with myself. but, im back. and all i can do is start again new tomorrow right?
Closed Thread