3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #169 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/27007-christian-encouragers-169-a.html)

wilma12 05-21-2003 10:52 PM

I just finished watching American Idol and RUBEN WON! I was rooting for him even though both him and Clay deserved the win.

I then went for a 1 mile walk. I'm on my way to have a drink of water and then off to bed soon.

Talk to you tomorrow!

sami 05-22-2003 01:12 AM

I fell asleep and missed the American Idol! I am so glad that Ruben Won Yeah!!!!! I was really hoping he would win. I have been really tired when I get home because things are busy at work and then all the end of school things are pressing. I have been trying to set my DS party for gradation but it seems like everytime I have a Date something comes up.
EZ-you will love this my DD who as a teen was gone all the time is here all the time now. She even ask if she could live here after she gets married when her soon to be DH's mom has offered (he is an only child) They are looking for a house and the time is tight so they are thinking just in case they need a in between place.
Wilma-I know what you mean about this weather. I wore a fleece vest because it was cold this morning.
Mitchypoo-your fettucine sounds great! I keep telling my DS that all things happen in Gods time. I found a note he wrote and it said something to the effect I am the nice guy that girls cry on my shoulders and talk to me about there bad boyfriends but when I ask them out they say Im a nice guy and someday I'll meet a great girl. My heart breaks for him. He has never had a girlfriend even though he has a lot of friends. So I am praying for both of you to meet the right Christian person for your life.

Praying for all,
Sami

Mitchypoo 05-22-2003 10:10 AM

Good morning!:wave:

I'm cheating and taking a few minutes at work to say hi! Yeah, Ruben won American Idol! I really like him, he's so unassuming and what a talent, although that Clay is something else too. I really enjoyed this series.

Sami~thanks for your kind words. When I think of it rationally, i know that in God's time, he'll come. But it sure is difficult waiting patiently. But I am going to meet someone tomorrow night. We've been talking for a while. He seems really wonderful. A good Christian man, he's very talented too. He's making a Christian CD right now and he's very talented. I'm praying that we like eachother as well in person. We'll see...

Have a great day and for this long weekend, hope you are all safe and happy!

EZMONEY 05-22-2003 10:34 AM

THURSDAY

HAPPY THURSDAY LADIES--

Posting before I go to work today-- have a later start- it is a remodel and alot of kids getting ready for school so it is better to let them out of the house before we sling our mud everywhere:lol Little kids just love to play in it.

I saw American Idol too-- I was happy for Ruben but Clay was my first choice. Did any of you see the Country Music Awards and the Dixie Chick song with F.U.T.K. on Natilie Means shirt? SO UNCLASSY! She just won't let the thing die will she. Alot of boos for them last night.

SAMI-- Boy do I know what you mean about a good date for a party-- around here it is impossible to get everyone available at the same time with sports, school, jobs, etc-- we just throw a date out there and if they come they come and if they can't we don't worry about it-- and that means my own kids!! Since my kids and my step-d have other parents in the same city there is always conflicts on holidays etc-- we just all do the best we can. Have a later grad party for the boy- middle of summer if it works out better, that is what we did for my kids-- they wanted a party but they didn't want to conflict with their friends parties-- so the wife and ex and I just waited until things died down and had a one for my kids. Of course you have to have it before all their friends head off to college.
My daughter's boyfriend ALLOWED me to have some time with her last night:lol:

MICHELE I agree with Sami girl, and I know how hard it is to date-- after my divorce it was difficult finding the kind of person that you would even consider dating. God works wonders though-- I was ready to give up so many times-- it is hard to try and figure out the "give it to Him" part and the " use the resources God has given you" part-- in other words " if God sends someone to the door for you' ANSWER it-- don't wait for him to open it__ am I making sense? And by saying this I don't in any way mean to apply you are not doing God's will-- I just am trying to say IN A LONG WAY-- I UNDERSTAND because I have been there. My prayers are with you.

WILMA-- Great job on the walking-- don't stop! get those boys out there pushing you if you need to!1 This is going to be a great summer for you-- just like all the success Zoe had last summer-- her hard work paid off and so will yours.

Gotta go- late now,
IN HIS PEACE- Gary

doitforme 05-22-2003 08:02 PM

Hi all-

We had a nice day of sunshine today, but it is suppose to shower all weekend, E.Z. you will have to work extra hard to send sunshine. By the way you never answered me about the fish tacos, Glad you got a chance to visit with dd, and the alfredo souns yummy. Wilma, good job walking, Chicken stroganoff sounds good, I have only every had beef- how do ya make that? Sami pray all goes well with all your dd's, glad to hear you did go to a doctor with the one that was depressed. that can be serious. Mitchy pryaers your date goes well. I am packing clothes and food, and plan to leave early in the morning, so as long as E.Z. sends the sunshine, I'll be happy. Every one enjoy a nice Memorial Day weekend, stay safe on those roads. I'll check in on Tuesday. God Bless !

wilma12 05-23-2003 08:56 AM

Good Morning!

It's a gorgeous day here today. I plan to get my plants bought and into pots tonight. I picked up a few last night. It's very therapeutic to go into a green house and be surrounded by beautiful plants. I plan on having lots of colour!!

I did my exercises this morning and I'm starting to feel like I have more energy already.

doitforme: I have a very easy Chicken Stroganoff recipe.

Sautee onions and mushrooms in oil. Add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. Add chopped cooked chicken or turkey. Just before serving add 2 tbsp. sour cream and blend in. I serve this over noodles.

If you want to use fresh chicken. Sautee it until cooked with the onions and mushrooms. My family loves this recipe and it doesn't take long to make after a hard day of work!

Have a great day!

EZMONEY 05-23-2003 10:43 AM

TGIF

HAPPY TGIF LADIES :cb:

I am working at home today as soon as my brother gets here. We are doing more work in my new room-- I have put it off for awhile. Have a "pay" job to do Saturday so we are here today.

Did my 35 minutes 4.5 miles yesterday on the elliptical. Really trying to not stop! exercising. The wife has already done her 3.5 mile run-- it is really nice here in the mornings at 5am so it is easier for her to get up and going than when it is cold weather.

Thanks for the chicken stroganoff reipe WILMA , I am going to try it! My wife repotted her 2 orchid plants last week and really got her roses looking good! The neighbors are really giving her compliments on one particular yellow rose bush. It looks like we are going to have a zillion tomatoes soon too. I am so impressed with your new attitude! for success!! in the weight department-- you are going to succeed for sure.

doitforme- Didn't get the fish tacos huh? Boy somebody's delivery truck is really starting to stink!:lol: I hope the camping went well and the weather was kind to you! Have a great Memorial week-end.

SAMI Who is gonna win the INDY? I am pulling for Fisher or Barron (he grew went to high school at a cross town rival here)-- Pretty sure they won't win though! Hope you have some "unstressed" time with your family this week-end.

MICHELE-- I really hope the meeting with the new friend is alot of fun for you-- even if it is nothing serious maybe a good friendship! You have seem to have a great outlook on life with an attitude I try to implemeent in my life and that is "TO JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!"

HAVE A GREAT MEMORIAL WEEK-END LADIES--

Later-- IN HIS LOVE, Gary

Mitchypoo 05-23-2003 10:48 AM

Wilma~I totally agree with your comments about it being therapeutic being around plants. I used to go to a favorite nursery in CA, and I could spend a Sat. afternoon there and come home and plant things and i have always felt that it does something to get your hands in the ground.

It is a beautiful day here too, although I couldn't get out of bed this a.m. It was after 9 am when i got up. Have to be at work at 11 at the gym. I had such good intentions of getting things done this a.m. Oh well.

I suppose it'll be quiet again with this big weekend coming up? Well, i hope those who are able will check in and keep me company! :)

Mitchypoo 05-23-2003 10:54 AM

Gary~We must be posting at the same time again, i just saw your post so I had to say Hi :wave: and you know it's so funny, you think I have this great attitude (maybe I don't see it, but do) and I think you and your wife are an inspiration. You have been doing really great keeping up the exercise, very impressive. It's harder to stick with something and you have done it. And I feel like sometimes I try to keep a great attitude but constantly struggle with it..... Anyway, I hope I have fun tonight. Actually, that's the attitude I'm going in with. No high expectations, he is my friend and i'm looking forward to meeting him but we'll see what the good Lord has in store for us.

Zoe 05-24-2003 08:18 AM

Good Saturday Morning y'all ~

Sorry that I've been MIA....(did you even notice? ha! :lol: ) With the house getting SO close to closing, I am so stressed and nowhere near ready to move. I'm so grateful for the long weekend. Greg is in a 3-day golf tournament and I have "pretended" to be annoyed since Monday is my birthday and it's the last day of the tournament. I really don't mind though because I am going to take this time to do alot of packing. We had our 'walk through' on Thursday and now, they say that all those little things will be done in 7 business days. Yeah!

Speaking of golf......I was sad to hear that Annika didn't make the cut at the Colonial. (Speaking of which, the traffic here yesterday was outrageous due the the tourny)

On the American Idol topic......oh, what an error America made. I know that there are some of you who wanted Rueben to win but clearly, Clay has the better and more POWERFUL voice. (sorry....) Ok, so that's my opinion but seriously, I was disappointed Clay didn't win. I think Clay will have a bigger career than Rueben anyway due to their types of singing. All around, it was a great season to watch.

Sorry not to address anyone individually. I have to run to my WW meeting soon......speaking of which, I've been just going up and down a few pounds so I need to get with the program. I had 7.7 lbs to goal and now it's 11. Sheesh!!!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

In Christ, we can do all things,
Patti <><

Mitchypoo 05-24-2003 12:29 PM

Hi CEers :wave:,

Zoe~glad to see you posting and i can understand why we haven't seen you lately. Very exciting about your new house! I hope you get a lot of packing done and try to not stress too much. It will get done, one way or the other. Happy Early Birthday! :balloons: In case we don't see you!

Well, my date with Les went very well! :dance: I felt comfortable when I got there, it wasn't awkward. We sat and watched a band play, his friend was doing the sound/lights. We really hit it off in person. He's handsome and funny and sweet and a gentleman. There was a spark, a spark I haven't felt in a LONG time! He told me that I was much prettier in person, that my pic didn't do me justice. (Wow?!) He was very complimentary. He called me to make sure I made it home OK and he called me this a.m. to say good morning. Very happy about us meeting!

My WA guy sent an email yesterday saying that he didn't call while my family was here because he didn't want to bother me and he wanted me to concentrate on them, and also he didn't call because he had to start some therapy because his hand went numb from that car crash and he didn't want me to worry. He knew i'd be upset and for that he was sorry. I was like?......what? Who is he to decide what is best for me and what's wrong with me worrying or caring about him? So I didn't respond because i was mad. And he called me last night while I was gone........Oh, men! Sorry to ramble on.

OK, today is a little overcast but I have much to do inside, hope you are all having a great weekend! Oh, there was a Farmer's Market that opened today by my house! Way cool! I got real cream and milk in the old fashioned glass bottles! And i found a great place that has Soy candles. They are soooo nice. The scent is pure and they burn so much better. They didn't have much produce which I was disappointed in. Wanted to get some good organic vegetables, all i saw was baby spinach and radishes (ick!)

EZMONEY 05-24-2003 08:36 PM

SATURDAY

HI LADIES-- :)

The wife is out of town for the week-end-- went up to L.A. area to throw a wedding shower party for our future SIL. Had towork today on a job just 1 mile from my house and also on my own-- hanging drywall and taping it (my trade). I shouldn't coplain about working today since I have had quite a bit of time off in the last month.
Going to church tonight 'cause I have to work Sunday for a while too. Then coming home to watch car racing-- Indy and the NASCAR.

MICHELE Dump the WA. guy!! He is either just contacting you when he feels like it or he is just flat out STUPID!! either way you deserve better. When I was interested in a girl I ALWAYS found time to contact her!! There are ways to do it without being too pushy. Hey are those candles from REDWOOD CANDLE COMPANY, Redwood Falls Mn.? I bet they are. My kids brought me one back from a reunion in Minneapolis a few years ago-- they brought me a Margarita one--SOOOOO good!! Wife and I have been buying internet from them ever since-- my wife is big on candles-- especially these because they are not over bearing, just as you said.

ZOE With you totally on Clay and Ruben!! Sorry to hear the hubby is in trouble:lol: (I'm telling!) Times like this tough if you play your cards right--MUCHO LOVIN'!!! You own him:D Hope all goes well with closing of the house!!

Gotta get going-- HELLO EVERYONE!! will check back Sunday--

GO TO CHURCH!!!! Love ya, Gary

Mitchypoo 05-24-2003 10:13 PM

Hi all,

Gary~the candles are a company called Soy Radiant. You can check them out at www.soyradiantcandles.com. My favorite is Fig & Melon. At first I thought ick, but it is fresh and clean and sweet smelling. I love them and will probably never buy paraffin candles again. And you don't even have to have them lit and they smell good.

The jury is out on whether I should dump the WA guy! :roll: He called again tonight and we talked. He got the message of how i felt and this nerve damage is really throwing him for a loop. He for the first time is not able to go and do, not even work and it's scary and depressing. He said he knows he has a bad attitude and that was part of why he didn't call either. He knows I won't tolerate being treated like that, but I didn't have it in me to say goodbye. We'll see what happens and if he makes it out here in 3 weeks.

Does anybody have arthritis? I have an achiness in my ring finger joint below the fingernail. I thought maybe I was bruised but it's strange. It just hurts and i think it's a little swollen. How does the Dr. determine if you have arthritis? Is there a test?

wilma12 05-25-2003 10:02 AM

Good Morning

Thought I'd quickly check in before leaving for church. We're going out for lunch today and then going to a tea at which our aunt displays her china painting. Should be relaxing. I know the guys would rather be golfing but sometimes you have to do things for the relatives.

I can't seem to find my groove - eating wise. I do well all week and then on the weekends it goes the other way. I have to really start making an effort or I'm going to gain it all back again. I think it's because I have a house full again and nobody else here cares for veggies and salads. I guess I'm going to have to just do them for myself.

Gotta go! Have a great day!

Zoe 05-25-2003 01:30 PM

Good Sunday Morning! What a wonderful Lord's day it is! I just got in from church. My friend Thyra went to my church with me this morning and then we were off to Starbucks for coffee. Yum! But that latte cost me 6 WW points....oh well, I think it was worth it. :)

Church was wonderful, as usual. I don't know what I would do during my week without my Sunday mornings.....

The weather isn't too great here for the holiday but as you may have figured out, the golf is still on. :rolleyes:

I'm off to my packing now so I hope y'all are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend so far........

God bless you all and God Bless America!
Patti <><