3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #169 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/27007-christian-encouragers-169-a.html)

mrshummer 05-02-2003 07:47 AM

TGIF

Good Morning Everyone!!!:wave:

Hope this finds everyone doing well this morning. Well, we have already fed the babies and I have gotten my little dd ready for school so I thought I would drop in for a minute before I have to shower, etc... I haven't had the time yet to go back and read the posts. Maybe tomorrow. Today I have a busy day and then have to take the oldest dd to work, that's 80 miles round trip. But then won't see her again until Sunday afternoon. :(

I have been doing poorly. Since it's gotten hot, I'm swelling in my lower extremities extremely bad even with taking my lasix. Plus I have been working more and resting less this week. I was planning on joining a wellness center here and doing weight training. I think I could tolerate that where they have told me no aerobics. Most of the weight training is done sitting down. But I've been too busy to get by there yet. Maybe tomorrow. My goal is to walk on the treadmill some every other day and go weight train on the odd days. Like M-W-F walk, T-Th-S wts. Please say a little prayer that I can get my schedule where I can tolerate it better and be able to make time for the exercise, I so need.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day and weekend!!!! It's good to be back among you wonderful people. I missed you!!!! :grouphug:

wilma12 05-02-2003 08:46 AM

Mrshummer: Your exercise plan sounds great. I didn't get to walk last night but hopefully tonight. I had been on my feet all day and they were sore. That's when I should be doing the upper body weights right?

michele: Glad you're all fixed up. I also need to get more water in. I get so busy at work that I forget to drink.

Gary: You're building muscle remember? That could account for the no loss.

Beth: I love the verse. God doesn't ever give us more than He knows we can handle.

doitforme: Make sure you take time out for yourself. You sound awfully busy.

Gotta go get ready for work and tomorrow is the weekend!!!!!!

Have a great day!

Mitchypoo 05-02-2003 08:50 AM

Hello all! :wave:

Sherry, i don't like the sound of that water swell. Sounds like you should be off your feet. The wellness center sounds wonderful. I hope you are able to find the time.

I'm at the gym today, already a little bored, but I have lots of homework to do today! God taught me a little lesson today. I thought all week that i might get a call or a note re: me changing the board here at work to sound more positive and there was a note, (with some negative comments directed at everyone), but she said she loves the board and it looks great! So I'm going to find another good, inspirational, positive quote to put up today. And I was feeling a little defeated about my paycheck yesterday but I got my check from here today and it's double what I was expecting? God always takes care of me.

My back is aching today from my adjustment. I'm babying it because I have to be OK for the walk Sunday. I'm bringing my CD walkman and taking my iworship CD and I've decided I'm going to pray my way thru this walk.

Having septic problems at home.........too disgusting to explain but when things go wrong at home I get sad, it makes me realize that I don't have a man to take care of it, or help.

Hope you all have a great day! :dancer:

Mitchypoo 05-02-2003 12:10 PM

Poll created!

Hi CEers!:wave:

I created a poll under Support, re: snack foods. Check it out!

EZMONEY 05-02-2003 06:07 PM

TGIF

HAPPY FRIDAY ;)

Hope all is well today. I got home a little while ago from my daughter's last tennis match before going to Georgia next week. Her team won today also so they won their conference and the region. She didn't play today but was ready in case someone got hurt or sick. It was bitter/sweet for her-- happy the team won but since she didn't play and contribute in this one she was sad-- I told her those feelings were only natural, that she contributed all year and should be thankfull for that ( WHICH SHE IS!!!!) especially since there were girls that never got to play in matches. All in all a great day. I even got home to find Amazon had delivered my request-- the DVD of CSI the first season ( a Mother's Day present for my mom) and a CD of the movie CHICAGO for my wife-- she loved that soundtrack. Have to go shopping tonight for our Cnco de Mayo party at church on Sunday.

SHERRY I'm not liking that swelling thing going on!! Dear one just do the exercises that you can for now-- you will work your way up!! The main thing is just starting!! set your goal for progress in the future-- a few months from now-- and then just do each day a little-- small steps turn into miles over time!! I like the idea of a program for your training-- I think keeping a daily log on our training and eating really helps too-- kind of like you don't want to cheat if you are writing it down.

WILMA- Thanks for the encouragement on the weight - no loss - but I don't think it is muscle yet-- maybe table muscle:lol: I did my 35 minutes and 3.5 miles though on the X-trainer before I went to tennis-- I know that sooner or later I need to step it up but for now I am just really trying hard to committ to at least 35 min. of exercise daily-- that is 3 minutes warm-up, 30 minutes at the best I can and then 2 minutes cool down-- then stretching for several minutes after. I know what sore feet are girl-- working on concrete all day sometimes really gets to mine. YES-YES you need upper body work-outs-- didn't you go through this last year? Just think where you would be if you had done it for a year---NO!! don't think about it-- it depresses us-- JUST START NOW and see results next year okie-dokie!!;)

MICHELE- I voted for popcorn on your snack site. I hope your back is ready to go on Sunday!! Homework-- that is all I am hearing from my kids too this time of year-- my daughter has to take her finals a week early since the tennis team will be out of town on finals week-- losing a week plus having to practice everyday is really stressfull for my daughter-- she is a B+ student and very concerned with grades-- my son too-- he is an A student and has so much to do right now with coaching and his other work-- he went to his sporting goods job this morning, then came home and left for a night track meet-- he will be back around midnight- then the team has a meet tomorrow-- the bus leaves at 5:45 am and doesn't come back until Saturday night-- then work all day for him on Sunday-- he never gets time to study in the regular day-- usually homework is done between midnight and 3 am. How he has made the deans list for 7 straight semesters I'll never know-- I think he has had only 1 B and the rest A's. GOOD LUCK SUNDAY-- don't push too hard or you will really be sorry-- we don't want that!!!

SAMI-ZOE-lilmoose-doitforme-danceforjoy-Joanne-BethG- HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END TOO!!

GO TO CHURCH SUNDAY!!! YOU WILL ENJOY IT!!

IN HIS ARMS FOREVER- Gary

Mitchypoo 05-02-2003 09:14 PM

Never thought I'd be so happy with my plumbing! It all works now!

I only got 4.5 hours sleep last night and I am pooped, going to bed extra early. Made myself not take a nap when I got home so I could sleep tonight.

My dear sweet mother sent me a package today! She gave me a George Forman grill! I got one for a Christmas exchange gift last year and I'll tell you what, people fought over that thing, they all wanted it but my brother ended up with it and they just love it! Says it makes a perfect steak (Mom doesn't have to worry about Dad overcooking on the BBQ), it does chicken breasts really well and hamburger patties. I can't wait to try it. I love grilled vegetables with a little olive oil and salt and balsamic vinegar on them. I was too tired to do tonight, maybe tomorrow. I have some zucchini and an onion I can grill. I'm so excited!

Haven't heard from my WA guy all week, wonder if he'll call this weekend? :?: Not like I'm waiting for his call or anything........

Gary~your DD sounds like she has a good attitude toward her tennis. She should be proud of being part of the team. Way to go on the grades too! And your son! I will be graduating with honors and I'm pretty happy about that. I pick up my cap and gown on the 6th. I'm deciding if I'm really geeky enough to go in and have a picture taken in my cap and gown. I feel a little silly at my age. My mother wants me to order the videotape though, mainly for my Father and brother. I can't believe it's finally going to happen!

Zoe 05-03-2003 08:25 AM

Good Saturday Morning to all you followers of Christ ~

A beautiful morning here in Texas. I am just sitting here, waiting for 7:30am to come so I can leave for our company golf tournament. Hey Gary, I'm actually going to get some exercise today!! haha. Greg is at his country club this morning, left around 5:45am as usual. He's in the company tournament too but has to go show his face at his club. UGH! Well, he is in charge of the men's golf on Sat's and Sun's so I suppose he did have to go for a minute........or two.... :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm ready to go. This is one of my twice a year golfing. (our company has a spring and a fall tournament). I own my own clubs and Greg (strange as it may sound) really would love for me to start playing regularly. I might.......I really need to be exercising more and that would be something at least. :)

Tomorrow, after church and after Greg's morning golf, we are leaving town for Shreveport, LA and coming home on Monday. Monday is our anniversary and we took the day off. YEAH, a 3-day weekend!!

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! Talk to y'all later.

In Christ,
Zoe <><

EZMONEY 05-03-2003 09:59 AM

SATURDAY AND RAIN

WELL WE GOT :rain:

Hi ladies-- well as you noticed it is raining here today. This might put a damper on my step-D's softball double header-- we still have to go check in or they get disqualified-- it may even clear up:) Any how the slight problem is that it is an hour away. Son got home at 11:30 fromhis track meet last night and was off at 5:45 this am for another one.

MICHELE-- Thanks for the compliments on my kiddos grades-- they take it very seriously! I remember when my wife and I were dating, her sister was coming down from Washington State for a visit, and my wife to be asked me would it be ok with me if my kids stayed home from school and went to Disneyland with them. I told her fine with me but they won't go-- amazed she asked why and I told her that they didn't like to miss school-- they were in 6th and 8th at the time-- she said they would miss for D-land I laughed and told her to ask- both told her sorry! Oh-- they would do it now of course-- they sure didn't get that desire for school from me:lol:
YOU GO GET THAT PICTURE-- you should be very proud of what you have done-- no matter what age you are-- in fact you should be prouder at your age!!!Have a great graduation!!:cp:
Hey the George Foreman grill is great!! We use it alot-- my only complaint is that it is too tall- the one we have to raise the lid under our cabinets-- also a little hard to clean-- the food is great from it. My wife uses the outdooe BBQ alot too-- we get a big bag of boneless chicken breasts at the Costco-- I read this week to cook a whole bunch of breasts at once then just thaw out and add your sauce when you are ready to eat-- saves a trip! Or add to salad etc.
GOOD LUCK SUNDAY!!! You are already a winner.:bravo:

ZOE-- Hey I remember from last year the golf tourney-- Greg is so right -- you should play more, especially with him. My wife and I think about taking it up again-- time factor right now is the problem with the kids sports etc.
Have a great time on you anniversary!!!
WALK-GOLF-BOTH-- doesn't matter-- just do something with the decent weather coming-- no excuses!!!;)

Well gotta run- Gary

Mitchypoo 05-03-2003 02:54 PM

Hello all and Happy Weekend! :wave:

Zoe~Happy Anniversary to you and hubby! :love: I hope you have a wonderful and romantic weekend in LA! Hope you had fun at the golf tournament today also. I'm not really into playing sports but I've thought of learning to play golf. Mainly because it seems like a silly game and I'd like to understand what the big deal is about following a ball around on the grass....but I thought it would be an OK way to meet men! But I'm not really looking so...maybe I'll learn just for me someday!

I worked this a.m. and then I got my haircut! I got a drastic change for me, about 3 inches off the bottom and some long layers and I'm pretty happy with it. I think I will take that pic now Gary cuz i'm feeling cuter! And I am feeling good about this accomplishment! Thanks for your kind words.

OK, I can't hang anymore, i HAVE to take a nap this afternoon. My eyelids feel droopy and I want to try and go to church tonight. Looks like we're getting rained on tomorrow on our walk! :rain: You didn't send that to us, did you Gary?

sami 05-04-2003 10:20 AM

Blessing today I am going to my friends church because my God Son gets comfirmed today. This will be the first time I have seen her ex-husband and I am praying that God keeps my mouth shut! He was a Leader in the Church and him and is wife bought a huge house with a huge house payment and he walked out before the fist house payment! Left my friend and 5 children. Then went around and made false claims she was with other men when he was the one with a girlfriend and he married that girl as soon as he was divorced. And it didn't stop there he turned two of the boys against her (I know it was hard on them to be stuck in the middle) and he has taken her back to court over and over on petty things. His new wife is not right upstairs and she had to get a order of protection against her because she tried to kick the door in while they were not home because she thought they were inside! So Lord Please Pray that I can overcome the last year and 1/2 of anger that makes me want to hurt him. She is remarried but I really don't like the guy she married (he drinks to much and can't keep a job and I have heard from others that he is mean when he drinks) I think she was sad and tired of being by herself.
Sue-My prayers are with you and your mother! Please keep us posted on prayer needs.
Michele-Comming from a scrapbooker You will be glad you have that day in pictures. Video is nice but how often do you really sit down to watch them? But pictures get pulled out all the time!
Ez-My DD went through the same thing (in basketball) But she even said that she just loved being on the team.
Mitchypoo-I can't wait to see your picture! Thanks for your uplifting posts on how God answers Prayers! What kind of shopper are you? Do you go from store to store to grade them?
Zoe-HAPPY ANNIVERSARY I am praying for you to have many many more.
Beth-I feel like I am well on my way. I am not going to WI until I go back to the DR. or I notice a big change. What kind of Diet are you on?
Sherry-You need to call your DR about the swelling! I am Worried about you! I know as a parent and a care provider you take care of everyone else but you need to take care of yourself.
doitforme-Where do you work? (if you don't mind me asking) Don't you just want to scream when your post gets lost!

Praying for an OP day!
Sami

Mitchypoo 05-04-2003 02:50 PM

The Walk is Over!!!

Hello CEers:wave:

Well, I survived the walk but I did not make it the whole way. Neither did anyone else on my team......They made it to the 8.5 marker and I made it about 5 miles before everything started hurting, my feet, my hips, my knee, my lower back.....I gave it a go but I was not willing to hurt myself for this. So the next shuttle I saw, i took back! It did not rain on us, which was great, but it was windy and a little cold, about 57 degrees. I started to feel guilty for not going as far, but then i also felt I did ok considering that I had lung surgery about 3 years ago and I just don't have the same lung capacity and also knee surgery and I realized that I'm OK but have to work on improving my gate. I protect my knee too much. Oh well, it's done and now I can write my thank you notes to donators and be done with it.

Sami, I do mystery shopping for different companies, the jobs are all different, i do them for extra cash. I go to Subway a lot to critique their service, it takes me minutes and it pays for my dinner and i earn cash. If you are interested do a search on mystery shopping, there are companies all over.

I'm going to use my G.Forman grill tonight. I have some chicken thighs I need to use and going to try the veggies with it.

Going to take a nap now....

EZMONEY 05-04-2003 05:14 PM

SUNDAY AFTERNOON

HAPPY SABBATH ALL-- ;)

Well our Cinco de Mayo Manana party is over-- it went fairly well. We had hope to get 100 people for the lunch-- we got 50 adults and 25 kids-- not too bad for attendance, but with the size of our church we should have had more. Oh well, no prolem, probhim, splobrum, problem-- more beer for me! :lol: Actually we bought 24 beers and sold only 14. We try to allow 1 drink for each adult having one-- that way there is no problem. I missed church though-- we got there at 7:30 and just didn't get things cooked or set up in time for either service-- oh well after 20 years with the same pastor I probably heard the sermon before;)

MICHELE-- WO-WO-WO-NO-NO-NO!!!! What do you mean done with it? You are just beginning sweetheart! Next year--AFTER TRAINING!!!-- you will do the full 17 miles. I remember when I first started training for the marathon, first 5 miles, then 9 would do me in-- after a few months 12-13 miles was nothing. Anytime you get up to around 20 it's gonna take a toll though-- TRAINING-TRAINING is all you need.
Don't feel guilty about anything- you gave it all you had this time-- next time you will be better prepared. You did the right thing by stopping when it hurt too much-- you don't want to do something to hurt forever and keep you from getting healthier.
Can't wait to see the pictures in the cap and gown-- BE PROUD!!!
Hope George treated you right!! Did you know all his boys are named George? and he has a ton of kids.

SAMI-- :) I am so happy to see you posting!! Sorry for the pain in your life from your friend's ex. Hope you kept your mouth shut-- but if you are like me you didn't:lol: :D Are you exercising? at least a little? Dr. says!! How are those DD's treating you this week? are they treating each other well? hope so.

Well hi to all of you too busy to post-- I hope you are all enjoying the rest of your week-end. My work is done-- all I am hoping for now is to stay awake for my favorite show-- AMERICAN DREAMS!

GOD LOVES YOU!! me too- Gary

wilma12 05-05-2003 08:54 AM

Good Morning!

I had a nice relaxing weekend. All I wanted to do was sleep but I did get some things done. I've been looking at paint samples to see what colours we want to do our rooms. I think it's time I just picked them and got busy painting.

We went to church yesterday. The sermon was on relationships. The main topic was that the thing that hurts relationships the most is carelessness. Not caring enough about others and just being careless instead of careful.

Then we took our dear old aunt out for lunch and then went home and relaxed. I watched a movie with my boys. I should have been out walking but I didn't.

michele: I've always wanted to try a Forman grill. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying yours. I'll have to get one. I agree with Gary that you aren't done with walking. Just keep it up and your lungs will get stronger. Make a goal of doing better next year than you did this year.

Zoe: I sure hope you enjoyed your weekend. What a treat to get away like that! You deserve it.

Sami: How did you do on the weekend? I too find it hard to be civil to people who I have a hard time liking. I'm so sorry that he hurt you. It sounds like your friend has made some really bad decisions in her relationships. I know you will be the friend to her that she needs.

Gary: Glad your party went well. You must be a pro at working these events already. It seems like you finish one and are on to planning the next one. It does sound like fun!

Well, I better get going and get to work. Things are going really well there. My boss told me he's really pleased with my progress and decided I'm a "keeper". Too bad there was no money to back that up!! I do enjoy the work and people I work with and am feeling very blessed to have the job.

My guys still haven't found work and are busy pounding the pavement. Please help me pray for them. They need to find work. All this laying around the house can't be good for them and they really do want to find jobs.

Have a super day!

doitforme 05-05-2003 09:48 AM

Hi there!

Sorry its been awhile again, I did catch up on all the posts.
Beth - good job memorizing scripture, we often don't put time into that and it always brings a blessing. E.Z.- It does get discouraging when you work out for a period of time and seem to see no drop in weight. But I am sure wilma is right. Your building muscle and that outweighs fat, Just keep up the good work son, you'll be buff before you know it, your pic shows you ain't got many workouts needed till then. Happy to hear your party at work went well, they always take longer to p[lan then actually do. Sami- I work for New York State. In the Office of Mental ******ation and Developmental Disabilities Organization. I supervise a 4-bed residence. I have 7 staff that work under me. I am responsible for making sure all areas of their daily lifes are provided for, well meeting protective oversight requirements. Which simply means that the right # of staff are at work, that all their needs are provided for. I really like my job just gets stressful at times. Especially when staffing issues arise. I have one employee that is out her son was killed in a car accident March 19th she is suppose to be back to work 5/13 but has to be med certified (able to pass medications) before she is countable as staff

doitforme 05-05-2003 09:58 AM

continued-

So,I have been working weird shifts and hours filling in, I have another staff moving to another position. He is leaving togo to work control, where He will be an electrician. His job was posted, and I should get notice of a new staff by tom. I have another staff leaving Tuesday for surgery. So, the fun continues. I am not complaining- It will all work out. There are probably 170 community residences in my DDSO. My staff never post usually, and this one wouldn't have except He will be an electrician which He went to school for, and have all weekends and Holidays off, who can blame him. Well hope that helps enough about me. You take care of yourself. Mrs. Hummer- speaking of taking care of yourself. Glad your back, keep posting and let us know how your doing, you got me worrying with your retaining water. Wilma- pray your sons soon have the perfect jobs. That will be fun picking out paint, maybe EZ will come help in his sparetime. I tried to get him to come clean, but painting, would be motre fun ha ha ha Zoe- enjoy your trip, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Mitchy- glad your mom is going to be there, sounds like fun. I have a foreman grill and just love it, it does a great job, and cooks quickly. Great job on the marathon you done good. SeattleSue- hope mom is doing better, still in my prayers. keep us posted. Gotta run, take care