3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #169 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/27007-christian-encouragers-169-a.html)

Mitchypoo 05-25-2003 02:30 PM

Patti~am I the only one who's been calling you Zoe? Sorry, I just realized you are Patti, and if I think back realize i knew it, Zoe is your pooch, right?

I'm getting back from church just now and I had some lunch. Church was wonderful! It was one of those days where it did me a lot of good. I cried again during the worship music. Sometimes the music overcomes me, and I just cry. But that's OK. I'm not ashamed to show emotion.

Perhaps part of it was that my WA guy is feeling kind of hopeless and he said something to the effect of, he must have done something bad to deserve what is happening to him now. He doesn't understand why this is happening. I wanted to say something uplifting but sometimes it is better to just listen. And I guess it's heavy on my heart and I want him to understand that he didn't do anything. I told him that all things happen for the good. Even if we don't understand it, i believe it. I asked the prayer team to pray for him. I'm wondering if I should tell him. Not sure he'll feel better about it or not.

And I also got into a little argument with the guy I met on Friday. This a.m. right before church, while talking online we had this spat and i'm a little bummed about it.

But it is a glorious day! And i have some projects i need to do today, including making thank you notes for graduation. I bought some card stock and i'm going to watercolor on them and/or make tatted flowers and glue them on to the cards. I'm feeling creative.

EZMONEY 05-25-2003 08:47 PM

SUNDAY

HI CE'ers-HI CE'ers :wave:

Had to work for a few hours today, then did my 35 minutes on the elliptical. That was cool because when I got home my daughter had just finished a 3 mile run and was getting ready to work out on the weight machine-- so we exercised together! It has been a few years since we have done that so it was fun. My kids really like to stay in shape--they both go to the gym or exercise here almost every day-- boy I sure never did that at their ages! My daughter and I have been watching the college world series softball tourney the last 2 days- pretty cool. My son has been at his track meets and working so he has n't been here much and my wife is still away at her mom's for the shower. Daddy/daughter bonding!:)

MICHELE-- What is with these guys girl? Are they freakin' crazy giving you a hard time or what? Patti told us her real name about a year ago, and you are right Zoe is her dog's name. She such a sweetie- she answers to whatever we call her:lol:

PATTI/ZOE You are right about Starbucks:yes: I hope you get all your packing done and all goes well with the move in. I think you are right about church-- things seem to go smoother during the week if we are at worship on a regular basis-- well, maybe not smoother but we handle things better.

WILMA Hey- my wife says she would love to try the chicken stroganoff next week-- I am gonna make it. It makes it hard when not every one likes what dinner is but at least the fruit and veggies and salads are easy to keep seperate-- make them at least try it:D Women have their ways ya know!If you are only good on your eating 5 days a week it is alot better than 0 days!!

I think we are going for chinese tonight so I better get some things done here before we go.

IN HIS PEACE- Gary

wilma12 05-27-2003 08:59 AM

Helllloooo!

Is it ever quiet around here! It must be too nice out to stay inside. I even spent a bit of time in my garden last night. DS has turned the soil and now I can plant.

I did my weight exercises this morning and can really feel the effects from doing it regularly. Now if only I can get out and walk regularly. It seems as though there's always something else to do. I packed a great healthy lunch and have a beef roast cooking in the slow cooker for tonight.

Gary: I hope you enjoy the stroganoff. My family loves it and it is a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken. I do prefer it with the chicken fresh and sauteed along with the mushrooms and onion. Let me know how your family likes it.

Michele: Your cards sound lovely. The personal touch means so much more to the person receiving it.

Zoe: Happy packing!! I was there not too long ago and I don't want to do it for quite some time. Now I'm having the fun of picking out colours to paint the rooms. My guest room looks lovely with its "Straw Hat" colour on the walls.

Sami: How are things going with you? You are still in my prayers.

Have a great day! I miss all of you when you don't post.

Mitchypoo 05-27-2003 05:30 PM

Hello CEers :wave:

My mother said something to me that has made me think. She asked if I really want someone in my life because I did like him the guy I went out with Friday, so much and the first time he says something I don't like, I have a fit! And I did this with another guy I was dating not too long ago. She may be right. I will not tolerate being treated badly, which he didn't do anything to me, but I didn't like what he said and I didn't like how he handled the conflict, but maybe I need to cool it and give people a chance???? I'm trying to be open and see if I do this. Maybe I am a little too defensive, or not willing to let people be who they are. I don't expect perfection, but maybe i'm a little intolerant? It's bugged me since we talked. I know my mother mentioned this to me because she sees something I don't. She'd never say something on purpose to hurt me, but it did make me think. If she sees it, maybe I should think about it.

Food has been bad today....i just can't seem to get on track. And now i have a headache. Not sure where I should start.

Zoe 05-27-2003 07:57 PM

Good Evening Friends :wave:

Well, I worked/packed through the long birthday weekend. I really got a lot done too. And it shows......there are boxes all over the place. :lol:

Michelle ~ :lol: Too funny.....I do not usually sign Patti on my posts, that was just a blind moment. Most people here, on the 2 threads I post, call me Zoe. You know how it is when you first sign on, you use an alias and it just sticks with you. Mine is Zoe who yes, is my little doggie but I answer to anything. :)
You know, you sound just like my daughter and her boyfriends. :) Hang in there, the right one is always worth waiting on God for.

Gary ~ haha...yeah, I answer to anything. :) How do you remember all that goes on here? I sit here wondering how you could remember that I told my real name "about a year ago" and I have to scroll down the page to see who is saying what. :lol: :lol: I need some pointers on that memory stuff.

Wilma ~ the packing is coming along. Since Greg was playing golf Sat, Sun and Mon, it kept me busy until he got home. But he was nice and got home early on Monday (my birthday). We went out looking for furniture......whew! I'm gonna be broke. :rolleyes:

Well, time to get cleaned up from dinner. Have a wondeful evening.

In Christ,
Patti and Zoe :lol:

wilma12 05-28-2003 08:59 AM

Good Morning

It is such a beautiful morning and I have to go to work. I would rather be at home getting my flowers into pots. I spent a bit of time at the nursery last night picking out the brightest colours I could find. I am really enjoying my little yard. I can do what I want instead of what I have to. It doesn't take long to mow the grass and DS has been doing it for me anyway. I plan to get my plants in tonight. I can hardly wait to see what they look like together. Bright purples, yellows and oranges together in various pots.

I did well with WOE last night. Tonight I'm staying at work for a farewell for a co-worker. They'll have veggie platters, etc. there so I should be able to eat well there.

Zoe: (I always think of you as Zoe!:lol: ) Did you buy any furniture or are you just shopping around? I would love new living room furniture but we have some bills to pay up first.

Michele: Good for you for being open to change. I usually react badly when someone says something to me about myself that I don't like and then later see the validity in what they said. God wants us to be the best people we can be and maybe He used your mom to help you do this.

Gary: I've decided that if I want to snack in the evening it has to be with fruit or veggies. Last night I ate an orange and found that it was all I needed. How is your weight loss coming? You must be getting into great shape with all the exercising! ARe you seeing it on the scale.

I better go and get some breakfast before work. Have a super day!

EZMONEY 05-29-2003 12:39 AM

WEDNESDAY

HI LOOOSERS :dizzy:

I am home alone tonight, for awhile anyway-- wife at a soccer meeting for step-D, son going out clubbing with the guys, daughter at Disneyland. Well a couple of buddies from work came over tonight and we finished hanging the drywall in my new room! So now it's all up to me to get it ready for paint-- no problem- that is my trade.
Haven't exercised since Sunday though-- took Monday off then the last two days just too busy in my new room-- at least I am burning off some calories ?or not? How hard do you have to work to burn off the calories from 2 beers again:lol:

ZOE-- Hey my memory is horrible at my/our age too. I remember Zoe because that is my MIL's dog's name, and Patti 'cause that is my SIL's name. But speaking of forgetting--
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :gift: :balloons: :yes:

WILMA-- You are awesome-- the next female Jack LaLane! Isn't it great when you get something planted--I like alot of color in my yard too. How are those boys doing with their summer so far? As far as me losing weight--NOT REALLY, maybe a couple of pounds-- but I am not gaining either so that is good.

MICHELE-- You say you don't want to be treated badly-- don't blame you!! What you need to figure out is.. are you being treated badly or is it just not the way YOU want it--- or are you just being a big pain in the ...;) You already know what the answer is. Not sticking up for or against anyone but if you are already fighting with a guy after 1 or 2 dates it is not working. On the other hand if it is just a little disagreement and you are taking it to another level--chill-- as the kids say. My experience has been if you really are interested in someone you put your best foot forward for at least a week or two no matter what!! Sometimes guys just can't say the right things no matter what:D

Well the wife is home now and it is past my bedtime...

IN HIS CARE- Gary

Zoe 05-29-2003 06:53 PM

STOP!! Go to #170 :)