3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #169 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/27007-christian-encouragers-169-a.html)

wilma12 04-30-2003 08:59 AM

Hi everyone! I have found that planning does work. I ate very well yesterday and today I woke up hungry. That doesn't happen very often. Today I have a salad with chicken packed for lunch as well as a low fat pudding and an apple. Tonight is's spaghetti night. I'll try not to have any garlic bread!!

I didn't walk last night - still felt fatiqued. The boys wanted me to watch a movie with them. It was dumb. I should have walked instead!!

Gary: I love beef stroganoff. It's okay to have it once in a while. It sounds like you eat healthy most of the time so indulge once in a while. ICE CREAM? Did you say ice cream? I had a bit last night with fresh strawberries imported from California!!

Yes, oldest DS did work at the golf course but we've moved 5 hours away from there and now they have to find work in an area they don't know. they have some leads but it's to the point already that they can't be to picky. They just hope it won't be at a fast food place.

Sami: Way to go not giving in to temptation. You're doing great. And... you're welcome to come to dinner anytime.:)

Zoe: I know what you're saying about the pictures. But...if you look at pictures and see how far you have come that's a good thing. You do look great! No more hiding behind chairs!!!:lol:

Well, I should go get ready for work. It's a busy day today - month end. I'll be on my feet all day!

Have a wonderful day!

doitforme 04-30-2003 11:33 AM

Hi there!

Well Zoe/E.z. Ir is nice to put a face to a name- What great pictures. E.Z. what a nice looking family ! Zoe- The chair has to go. You look great. Wilma glad to hear your feeling better- Mitchy glad all is working out with you and Mr. WA. Pray He is fine as well, and nothing serious medically going on. I have been so busy. I worked nights last night then went to a friend's kid's confirmation. I gave him a teen extreme bible and cover, I just hope he spends time reading and growing in the Lord. I refuse to give them cash. Because it tends to be spent on junk. I will soon have 2 staff out on disability and one took a promotional job, so I will have someone new. so I have been haveing lots of scheduling nightmares. Where I am early morning coverage as well as evening shift coverage. The state will not let us on-line except to the state site. So I haven't been posting much. But your all in my thoughts and prayers. Congrats sami- I am happy to see a healthier you, you sound much better even. I hope to start getting my campsite ready since may is almost here. But have to work this weekend, so probably won;t be till next weekend. Remember tom. is national prayer day. so. don't forget!

doitforme 04-30-2003 12:22 PM

continued-

I tried sevveral times to attach a picture of me, but it keep saying the image is too large, I made it smaller now its saying its an invalid attachment. Go figure. Guess it wasn't ment to be. Oh, well gotta give up anyway and get ready for work. love ya's Sue

BethG 04-30-2003 01:04 PM

I wanted to drop in and introduce myself. :wave:

I am Beth, and I am on a healthier lifestyle journey using FirstPlace, a Christian weight loss/health plan and so far I have lost 15 lbs. But it is still HARD!

Surrendering my will to God, and being obedient to His word is very difficult.

I work full time, am newly married (we celebrate our first anniversary May 18th) and do not have any children. My DH has a daughter who is 11.

I don't see how anyone who is a Christian could possibly be successful at losing weight without the strength from our Lord!

How is everyon else doing? :)

EZMONEY 04-30-2003 08:42 PM

WEDNESDAY NIGHT

HI LADIES-- :)

Well I had to work today and boy am I sore-- it was really a tough day back!! I'll survive-- I even did the 35 minutes on the X-trainer when I got home-- I did it right away though because I knew if I waited it wouldn't happen. I will sleep good tonight, I didn't get home last night until 11 from my son's basketball game, up at 4:30, hard day-- and now we are going to step-D's soccer team party.

ZOE-- Happy almost birthday, my sister's is the 22nd. Wow, 2 1/5 hours of church-- boy our Pastor gets yelled at if he runs it more than an hour-- obviously we are not charismatic! but very traditional-- we are progressing though towards more contemporary style though. How is that house coming?

WILMA-- So glad to see that the planning is working for you-- now PLAN to PLAN!!! Great job on the choice for lunch. Go ahead and eat a piece of garlic bread-- it is when we deprive ourselves that we get messed up--- it is a healthy lifestyle-- smaller portions, less junk. It's like with coffee, you can have a cup-- you don't need to drink 5 pots! This I tell myself daily!! WALK-WALK-WALK girl-- that spring wardrobe has to fit through spring!! Strawberries from California-- yep-- they sell them on almost every corner this time of year-- gotta be carefull though-- you can pay from $1- to $5 for the same amount.
Yes I do try to eat healthy-- I am pretty good-- we don't eat only healthy meals though-- we just try to keep the bad stuff at a minimum---my problem is that I over eat!! I never-- NEVER snack-- never have-- during the day-- I eat a good healthy breakfast and usually a healthy lunch-- my downfall is dinner-- I can eat enough for 3 guys-- Heck yes I'm full halfway through-- I just keep eating!! As long as there is something there! My wife now will eat just until she is full- then if she is hungry later she gets a cup of tea, no caffeine-- and a couple of grahm crackers or pretzels-- sometimes some popcorn-- small bowl no butter-- or even a small bowl of ice cream-- me-- if I eat a snack later it is popcorn in a huge bowl!!! Way more than I need-- at least I only do this 1 time a week-- maybe 2.

SAMI-- NICE-- on the healthy lunch-- give me your Doctors number and I will call him to make sure you are doing your exercises!!!:lol: Seriously-- I am not kidding-- it is important! We all get mean and nasty when we hurt-- it's being able to ask forgiveness and apologize-- and keep it to a minimum. You are welcome to dinner anytime-- HEY-- we could have one heck of a progressive dinner couldn't we.

doitforme-- THERE you are!!:) Sorry you can't post more often-- I am so unhappy your picture didn't make it!! It really does help to have an image of our friends doesn't it! The bible is a great idea-- you never know when it will save someones life-- I always try to buy good ones at the used book store-- then when someone needs one I got 'em. Not for a gift:lol: those I buy new.
I hope the changes at work bring you new friends and happiness!! Post when you can-- we know you are there... waiting to hear good news on the fellas though;)

BethG Welcome!! You are in the right place!! Blessings:angel:

MICHELE-- SHERRY-- EVERYONE-- ANYONE Post when you can.

IN HIS CARE--- Gary

START TODAY!!!! Whatever it is you are waiting for can WAIT!!!!!

sami 04-30-2003 09:50 PM

Blessing to all,
I have to be quick because I worked a long day and I still need to work out! I had another good day today. Please pray that I am going to stay strong!
Zoe-You statement really hit home with me too. I do scrapbooking and since I am the one who takes most of the pictures It is the easy way to stay out of the pictures. But when I do my scrapbook pages I have often thought about the fact I I am not in them. It is almost like I am not part of the family. I am going to reach that goal so I am proud to be in my DD wedding pictures!.
Zoe-so glad you are feeling better. Will pray for DS jobs.
BethG-A BIG welcome! This is such a great group! Post often looking forward to getting to know you better.
Sue-I hope you can get your picture to post. I will miss your posts but I pray you are enjoying camping.
Michele-I am praying for your man! Let us know what her finds out.
EZ-Alright I am going so I can work out! I will post my picture after my DD wedding.

Praying for an OP day!
Sami

Misti in Seattle 04-30-2003 11:11 PM

Hello everyone

Just scrolling through all your new messages and saying a prayer for you!!

I just returned from an emergency trip to visit my Mother, who just had both legs amputated... at 87 it was quite traumatic for her; not so easy on the rest of us either. It is difficult being so far away... I do appreciate your prayers.

Sue

Mitchypoo 05-01-2003 07:45 AM

Sue~I'm so sorry about your mother. I'm sure it is very hard on her and the whole family. You are all in my prayers. Healing prayers for Mom.

I am super stressed this a.m. Got up early to do some homework that I wasn't able to do last night. I went to Church last night which was very nice and then I took a class about called The Journey and we discussed the 10 Effective Habits of Christians. It was a great class but lased until 9:30 which is late for me. I had some coffee on purpose earlier to be up to do the work and did my reading but had to complete the write up this a.m.

I have to go to the chiro this a.m. and then I have to find my way to an art museum in Minneapolis which I've never been to for class (it's required) and then I have to go back to school for my other class and then to work........I just want to crawl back in bed. :( But I won't.

Plus I ran out of my thyroid medicine and should get to the pharmacy. I just can't keep up with anything lately. My mother will be here in less than two weeks and I'm a mess. Oh, she is not critical, in fact she called for a bit last night and told me, don't worry about anything.....just get through school, we'll handle the rest laer. (She's my true gift from God, that He chose her as my Mother!)

OK, sorry if I'm whiny this a.m. I'll be better now....

and i'm still not getting updates on this thread, happening to anyone else?

wilma12 05-01-2003 08:54 AM

Good Morning!

It's a gorgeous day here today! I wish I could be at home enjoying my new yard but that's not to be.

I did a 1 mile walk last night. I am really out of shape. I made it through but was tired. Things can only get better from here. Today I work until 6 and then go for a hair cut so I won't be home until late. Hopefully I have enough energy to go for another mile.

Michele: You're not whining! You just sound a bit stressed. Maybe it's a good thing your mom is coming. Does she do stuff around the house for you? When my inlaws come I know I don't have to cook that week. I love it! Please make sure you take time for yourself. You deserve it!!

Sue: My prayers are with you and your mom. To have this happen at this time in her life doesn't seem fair.

Sami: You are doing so well. I can hardly wait until weigh in to hear how you've done. Keep it up! I've packed a salad for lunch and also a bit of chili because it'll be a long day for me today.

Gary: Thanks for the inspiration. It's because of you I walked last night. I was reading the messages and then came to yours and thought "Right, I'm supposed to walk tonight." So, I popped in the tape and did it. I'm going to do the 1 mile for a while and then advance to the 2 mile. I will also get outside once in a while too.

Beth: A big welcome to you! I hope you find as much support here as I have. We need to go to God for our main support but we are also supposed to rely on each other and I have found this group to be the biggest support I have. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

doitforme: I've tried attaching pictures too and get the same message you did. I'm going to get my DS to help me some time.

Hi to everyone else! Have a wonderful day!

doitforme 05-01-2003 09:03 AM

Hi there!

I just did a long post and lost it all! I hate when that happens.
This is gotta be shorter, as I have to bowl, last time till fall. for this league. Welcome Beth- these guys are awesome, stick around and let us get to know you. Ez. you are an inspiration, love reading your posts, your so uplifting, not to mention good cook. I am the supervisor, and unfortunately the new item had to be posted female because male staff can't transport female clients. So, its a female. But I leave all my meeting the right one in the Lord's hands if it is met to be it will happen, to busy most of the time to worry about it. Mitchy- hope your visit at chiro- went well, that should help relax ya Sue- pray mom is doing better- that is a hard thing for anyone to except losing both legs, but I am sure at her age it makes it even more difficult. Sami so gald your back around, miss you when your gone, here praying for an op day, you'll get in that picture, I'm sure. Zoe- nice to have you back as well, miss you guys when your not posting, stay out from behind chairs, Hi to everyone else! Mrs. Hummer where are you, I am going to send out a search party,let us know how those babies are doing. Wilma- plan plan plan, key to succes, spaghetti and garlic bread yummy! well gotta run. see ya

BethG 05-01-2003 12:12 PM

Good morning all. It's almost lunchtime here in Long Island New York and cloudy/drizzly. Blecchh.

How is everyone doing? I am so thankful to God for His living, life-changing Word. I started out a bit rocky with my eating and exercise plan, but yesterday I began memorizing a special verse in my plan's bible study book. "Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach." Deuteronomy 30:11." Halleleujah! It is true!

I started yesterday after lunch, by making 3 photocopies of the verse. I scotch-taped one to my computer monitor at work, one to my car dashboard, and saved one to put on my refrigerator later.

Well, yesterday at work around 3 p.m. I was ravenous. I wanted to eat everything in sight. I had kept to my exchanges all day, but it was a struggle. I felt out of control, I was debating going over to the office manager's desk to hit the office candy supply. Then my eyes caught sight of the verse on my computer. I began to read it outloud. It comforted me - and also gave me hope! I did not eat any candy!

I began to recite it without looking at it four words at a time. Finally finished up with reciting the entire verse on my drive home, over and over. For my entire drive home I said the verse outloud continuously. (Other drivers must have thought I was talking to myself!) Well by the time I got home I had committed it to memory.

Since then, I have called the verse to mind many, many times. This is a clear promise from God - and God does not lie! This whole journey we are on is NOT too difficult for us - or beyond our reach!

So I encourage everyone begin to memorize scriptures. They will trully give us weapons against Satan and against his lies, which continuously ring in our ears. It brings to mind the other verse about "thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee."

<b>Wilma12 </b>- thanks for the welcome. I am blown away by your exercising commitment. I need to jump onto that bandwagon, myself!

<b>Michele</b> - talk about daily stress! I admire your perseverence. Good luck at the chiropractor today. I have just started going 3x week myself for the first time so I know how you feel!

<b>Sue dance4joy</B> - so sorry to hear about your mom's emergency surgery. My elerly parents live out of state (3.5 hours drive away) so it is indeed difficult when we are so far away. My aunt recently had an amputation (she is around 70) and has overcome quite nicely but that was with only 1 removed so I feel for your mom, deeply. May our Lord provide extra portions of blessings for your family.

<b>Sami</b> - thanks also for the warm greetings. It looks like you are off to a strong push to stay OP - I encourage you to keep going and don't look back!

<b>Gary</b> - I can see how faithful and supporting you are to the group and I look forward to hearing more about your daily successes.

Well, if I left anyone out I truly truly apologize. It will take me a bit to get the hang of it here!

Blessings,
Beth

mrshummer 05-01-2003 12:48 PM

I'm back!!!

Hello CEers!!!!!
:wave:

Sorry I haven't been around for a little while but my computer was down and just got it up and running yesterday. I'm staying really busy and have somehow taken on more visits this week. :dizzy: I should have been off today and instead am working. So....... don't have much time to check in. I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to go back and read the posts and find out whats been happening and then post again later. Hopefully today, but who knows.

Hope EVERYONE has a good day!!!!:balloons:

EZMONEY 05-01-2003 07:44 PM

THURSDAY NIGHT

HOWDY LOOOOSERS ;)

Hope this finds everyone well. I spent most of the day at my daughter's college. They had the regionals for her tennis team there. She didn't get to play-- still the alternate-- but the team won and we had a nice visit. I came home and did my time on the X-trainer-- a little sore today, I think from my work yesterday, but I kept pushing it. I weighed myself before I went on and guess what?-- you got it-- no loss. I couldn't believe it-- over a week of doing 3.5 to 4 miles a day on it-- over 4 hours of exercise and no loss--- I don't think I ate more this week--- then while I was on it I got to thinkin' that maybe I was loosing future weight-- thinkin' that if I hadn't exercised that I might weigh more-- so I guess that is a good thing-- I'm thinkin' I lost maybe 5 pounds of future weight!!!:lol:

SAMI-- Looking forward to the pictures from your DD's wedding in the summer. My prayers are with you to stay strong in your exercise program-- YOUR FAMILY NEEDS YOU!!!

danceforjoy- So sorry for your mom-- happy you got home safely. Prayers for your family.

MICHELE-- Sounds like you have alot on your plate dear-- take time to breathe!! once in awhile.

WILMA-- So proud of you!! You will be up to 2 miles in no time!!

doitforme-- AHHHHH! don't you just hate it when you lose a long post!! Yes your future is in the Lord's hands with those young men-- if it is His will He will bring one to the door knocking-- you just have to open it! I will pray for the perfect match for you!! How did your league end up?

SHERRY Glad your back-- how are things?

BETHG Great job on the memorizing of scripture- so true. I also think if you are ravenous that if you have a healthy snack, carrot- grahm cracker, etc-- that it will keep you from feeling deprived and (because this is what I do-- over eat later ie. dinner) A healthy balance of scripture and eating. HE IS AWESOME!!!!

Well gotta jam to a meeting--

IN HIS LOVE- Gary

Mitchypoo 05-01-2003 07:45 PM

Hi Beth! and Welcome! I'm sorry I meant to welcome you earlier....and thank you for that scripture, it spoke to me and i'm glad it helped you.

Sherry~ :wave: So happy to hear from you to know you are well. You sound extremely busy and i hope you too take some "me" time. How are the baby goats? Are they going to be milkers or ??

Well I survived the day so far but it has been busy! The museum was really wonderful but I wasn't able to stay for very long, had to get to my next class. I'm thinking of taking my Mom and Aunt there. It's on the U of M campus and way cool!:cool:

I got paid today and feel a little defeated......all that work for not so much money. But I'm getting another check on Friday and a small check for my mystery shopping in a couple weeks.

Wilma~yes my Mother will cook a few things while she's here. A must for me is that she make her bread pudding with bourbon sauce! I use to say, "bread pudding???! Ick!" but i'm telling you, hers is the best. We are both foodie people, so we always use to cook together. But she'll also be very busy while here. She has 7 sets of brothers and sisters and their families to see. I was going to have a Tea for her and the ladies but that's another thing I'm not sure I can pull off right now. I can't wait to just spend time with her. She can say one word or just look at me and we'll be rolling on the floor! :lol: I can't wait.

My day isn't quite over yet, so I must scoot.

P.S. I think of all of you and your support and encouragement means so much to me. Thanks! :grouphug:

Mitchypoo 05-01-2003 07:56 PM

Gary~think we are posting at the same time, i missed your post until now! Sounds like you had a great day, sounds fun. Please don't get discouraged regarding your efforts on the x-trainer. I think you are right on. The efforts you made will more likely show up next week. Actually the way you said it makes a lot of sense and I like it. When I went to WW, they told us that often. If we were up or the same they really encouraged us to continue our efforts and see what happens the following week. So don't give up! You've been a real inspiration with your hard work!

My sacrum was tilted and so the chiro fixed me up! He thinks i should be ok, suggested i start taking more Calcium, Vit E and magnesium starting today and MORE water!