3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #169 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/27007-christian-encouragers-169-a.html)

doitforme 04-28-2003 02:21 PM

Hi there!

I went home this wekend, and spent the weekend with mom/dad. It poured on SAt. But Sun. was beautiful and so is today. E.Z. I love your new icon up in the corner, that is cute.
Congrats on working out everyday. I have never seen windtalkers but heard it was good. Sami- and Zoe glad to see you guys back again- sami stay focused you'll be as fit as a fiddle. Hi mrs. Hummer- you sound like you got your hands full, litterally.
Mitchy- hope all works out for you with Mr. WA sounds like your being a good girl. Hi also to seattle sue your still in my thoughts and prayers for your mom, hi also to wilma, and lilmoose, and all others gutchie ect. Hope this finds you all well. Keep smiling- God is good, and his timeing is perfect. love ya's Sue

EZMONEY 04-28-2003 02:25 PM

I'M BACK

Hi Gals-- I was looking up the results from the 5K I did a few weeks ago and they had the photos posted. If you really want to see what I look like you can go to www.asiorders.com then scroll down to Carlsbad 500-Worlds Fastest 5K on 4/13. Where it says bib number if you put in the #1511 you will see me and next to me is a picture of me and my daughter with her friend and mom. She is the one # 3275 with the red volley shirt. If you go to # 1510 you will see my wife and # 3274 is my son. But of course this is at the end of the race so my wife and son look alot worse off than my daughter and I since we walked and they ran-- my wife would kill me if she knew I sent you gals this picture!!! Don't tell her lol.
I just got off the cross-trainer-- I am able to get to 400 calories burned and 3.5 miles alot quicker now-- great improvement in only 1 week. Keep up your BEST ladies.

Later-Gary

Zoe 04-28-2003 08:20 PM

Good Monday Evening y'all ~

Ah, another Monday under my belt. I love it when Monday is over with. The rest of the week is a breeze. :)

Gary ~ A great picture. I of course, did not read ALL of your post as I was going to the website so all I 'heard' was "if you want to see a real picture of me.....go here". So I clicked and there was this ironman guy. :lol: I thought, heck, he's pullin' my chain again. So I went back to your post and read more..."scroll down to Carlsbad 500" so I did (without reading more) and there was this guy, running his heart out.....once again, nah, can't be Gary.....ha. Then I went back and read your entire post and finally got to the real you. :) Great picture and a handsome guy at that. :)

Sami ~ Praise God for your 10 lb loss. Hope you're feeling well.

Sue ~ hope your visit with your mom and dad was wonderful. Sorry it rained on Saturday but glad Sunday was a good one.

Well, I finally got to church yesterday. I had been getting SO lazy. But I promised God that I would go and I would NEVER promise Him something that I didn't deliver. I'm too afraid. :lol: Anyway, it was great, as usual. I love being there. I don't know if I ever mentioned that my pastor is a fairly known singer. His name is Gary Oliver. I don't know how to have you hear his music but the church website is www.gomin-top.org

Hi to everyone else. Have a wonderful evening and a blessed Tuesday.

Love,
Me <><

Mitchypoo 04-28-2003 10:26 PM

Hello CEers :wave:

SSami~you and your daughter and your friend Cindy are certainly in my prayers. Healing prayers for all of you.

I think Gary should write a column or something giving good, Christ-centered advice on situations. He's so gifted, don't you think? He has to be gifted with compassion and also teaching. I see it in his writing!

I talked to my WA guy and although we haven't figured everything out and don't have definite plans we know how each other feels and that we want to pursue "us", so I am thrilled! :love: I feel so much better after we talked about it. He won't be here until June but I feel that we truly have something we can build on. I told him he was worth the risk. He also told me that he hasn't been feeling well, can't sleep all night and has lost 35 lbs. since Jan. It worries me and he's going to the Dr. asap, but please say a prayer for him too that nothing is wrong. It may be just stress but that's not good either. I wish stress would do that to me, i'd be thin by now :lol:

[/b]Gary[/b]~Wow, what a nice looking famiy you have. You are very handsome, your wife is too cute after a run like that (that's not fair), your daughter is cute and your son, wow, what a cutie!

I'm afraid the picture of me during the walk will be me passed out on the side of the road, maybe with some paramedics checking for vital signs....:lol:

wilma12 04-28-2003 10:28 PM

Hi everyone! It's been a hectic few days. I spent my weekend cooking for guests and sleeping when they weren't around so that I could get over this cold. I feel much better today but still get really tired easily.

DS changed my internet connection to his computer - much faster - and I lost my password for this site. I finally have it and am back in business.

I'm glad to hear that so many messages were here for me to read when I finally got logged on. I have missed you! I don't have time to address everyone tonight but will in the near future.

I did enjoy your picture Gary. It's nice to put a face to all the eloquent words! Thanks for being here. I am also going to try to take up the challenge of 30 minutes of exercise a day as soon as I can breathe properly again.

A quick prayer item - both my sons are looking for summer employment and being in a new city we don't have the connections that come with finding work. Please pray that they find work and within bussing distance as we don't have an extra vehicle for them to use.

Good night! I'll talk to you again in the morning.

sami 04-28-2003 10:28 PM

ez-Thank you so much for your kindness I almost cried. I can tell you know where I am comming from. I am starting to keep track of what really sets me off to see if I can get this under control. I had another bad attack at work today. I trying to eat healthy but I have to be real careful not to eat to many salads or red or pop nothing with garlic because that sets off an attack. Thank you for sharing your experience with me I can not even express how much that means to me. One of my great fears it that my DH will become tired of me because this is deeply affecting our life but I am so thankful that he is so understanding and he picks up my slack on bad days without complaining.
I checked out your pictures WOW you look nothing like the Icon! Your a very nice looking family! Thank you again for lifting me up today.
Sami

Zoe 04-28-2003 10:36 PM

Did I post my picture already?? I can't remember. Haha. So here I am, with John, my co worker. This was taken last week. As you can see, I'm hiding behing the chair because I didn't like what I was wearing. :rolleyes: I'm a size 10 now so at 5'7", that ain't bad......but here I am, what you can see of me. :) that's my office, to John's left.

Mitchypoo 04-29-2003 08:15 AM

Zoe, that is a nice pic! And I think you are silly to hide behind a chair, you are adorable. All of you!

You know it's been talked about recently about patience and waiting and God's timing, well here is today's affirmation. I thought it might say something to some of you too.

Waiting Builds Character
Character is built during the hard times of waiting.
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
- 1 Peter 5:10 KJV

So I should have so much character, i can't stand myself! :lol:

wilma12 04-29-2003 08:53 AM

Good Morning Everyone! It's a lovely day out there and I'm feeling better every morning. Last night was the first night I didn't wake up because of my cold and I feel rested this a.m. I still don't have much of an appetite which is probably not a bad thing. I packed a chicken sandwich, carrots, fruit for my lunch today. I plan to barbeque chicken tonight. I also plan to do 1 mile of walking tonight to get myself back in the habit.

Zoe: You look great! My dream is to be a size 10 and seeing you accomplish it is giving me inspiration. Thanks.

Michele: I love your quote on patience. If everything came easily to us we wouldn't grow in our faith or character.

Sami: I'm praying for you! I too know what it's like to have problems with certain foods. Red meats and cheese used to set me off as well as anything deep fried. Now I never eat deep fried foods and limit the red meat and cheese and the pain has gone away.

Hello to everyone else out there! Have a wonderful day!

EZMONEY 04-29-2003 10:56 AM

TUESDAY MORNING

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW :lol:

I was almost beginning to think I was the only one posting-- all I had to do was put up a picture of my ugly mug to get you all going again:lol: THANKS SOOO MUCH :yes: for the compliments on my family-- I did tell my wife that I sent the site of her picture-- my arm still hurts OUCH!! I guess what I did was a :nono: Nah, I'm not saying she was happy about it but she just wished it was a better picture of her to share-- aren't we always like that! My pictures are always crappy because I am always chewing gum-- instead of smoking!-- so my mouth always looks screwed up--- what the heck, I am anyway:)

Looking forward to all of you who aren't exercising already joining me in the 30 minutes a day work-out. I know some are healthier than others-- just go at your own pace at the exercise you want, The main thing is to JUST DO IT as they say. I have been doing the cross-trainer for a week now-- it was taking me 35 minutes to get to 3.5 miles, now I am getting there alot quicker. It takes time to build up... take it at your own speed-- 15 today 30 next week etc. by the end of summer an hour of exercise will be nothing. You all know as well as I do that as soon as we see improvement we get excited and want to push a little harder. Yes I know as we get older it gets much harder to push but gals the thing is we GOTTA keep moving forward-- if we don't-- it's over!

I made beef stroganoff yesterday-- roundsteak in the crock-pot coated with flour, salt, pepper and dried mustard-- layer with onions and canned mushrooms-- pour beef broth over-- set on low for 8 hours-- add sour cream, serve over noodles and wala- a very easy super FATTENING meal with the sourcream and noodles-- I bought these noodles in the frozen section--Grandma's Noodles- very good- but after I was cooking them I saw the calories--320 per serving- only 10 from fat though-- the package had 5 servings but there were no leftovers for the 3 of us at home yesterday. I better add a few minutes to my cross-trainer.

I also blew it because I ate ice-cream! which is something that I do only once every two years or so-- honest--I more of a popcorn kind of guy. Plus I don't know who remembers but in the past I was a Ben and Jerry Cherry Garcia junkie-- anyhow I was thinking about my little brother who passed away a few years ago and how much he enjoyed strawberry ice cream-- the thought was still in my mind when I passed some on sale in the freezer section-- I bought it and had some last night too-- better add a few more minutes

:lol: to that cross-trainer.

EZMONEY 04-29-2003 11:28 AM

I'M BACK

Thought I'd give you gals a break-- such long posts I have-- I should probably go back to work soon! Actually I am supposed to start a new little job on Friday. I have work coming up so I am not too worried... actually there is work out there I am just taking a little break-- my wife doesn't care as long as I pay the bills she gives me and help out around the house-- I can't sit around all day watching tv or I am toast! As long as I have dinner done on my off days and do a chore or two it's ok. She knows I put in alot of hours over the year-- in construction there are the 12 hour days for weeks at a time sometimes.

doitforme- Glad to hear from you dear-- what did you and your ma and pa do this week-end? How is that Pastor these days? Camping season is soon. Happy to hear you have some better weather now. Check in when you can-- house still clean?

ZOE-- Was wondering if you were coming back-- glad to see you-- wow what a hottie you are!! No need to hide behind a chair that's for sure!! I am happy to hear you are back in church-- boy isn't it easy to get in the habit of not going from time to time. I will look up the website after I post this- thank-you. How is that new place coming along? Should be getting close.

WILMA-- Another week-end with guests over huh? What in the heck are you? The Martha Stewart of Canada:lol: ?Glad to see you are going to start walking a mile a day-- good for you! Just a little at a time though until you feel better. I will pray for those boys summer jobs-- didn't one work at the golf course last year? Great work on planning those meals-- that really is the ticket!!

SAMI-- I am happy if I helped encourage you-- isn't that what this site is all about!! I am also happy you have a great husband-- don't worry about losing him!! if he is great-- he isn't going anywhere-- just be carefull not to bring him down-- stay as positive as you can through all the pain and troubles!!:) I know it isn't easy-- we just have to keep from being our own anchors.Just do what you can in the exercise and eating dept. it takes time--- right now we have time-- as long as God blesses us life-- we have time! Here are prayers for your friend and her DD and your too:)

MICHELE Boy girl, you add a whole new meaning to road kill:lol: I am sure you will do fine in your walk-- just go at your level of ability-- be patient or we will have to pick your chacter up off the road!! I have seen women almost kill themselves-and men- in these events! How are your classes going? Sounds like you and that Wa. boy are on the right track-- good for you-- you certainly deserve a great guy!!

SHERRY--lilmoose--danceforjoy--JOANNE I hope all is well for you. Prayers sent.

Well I better get something done around here and do the X-trainer. The wife and I will be busy this afternoon-- step-D has a softball game and DS has a basketball game at 9:15 ouch! I don't have to cook tonight-- there is a healthier Mexican food restaurant down the street that is donating all of their proceeds tonight to Make A Wish foundation-- we are eating there after the softball game and before basketball-- at least I will get to see part of my Laker game before my son's.

Checkin' out for now-- IN HIS LOVE- Gary

EZMONEY 04-29-2003 06:03 PM

AGAIN

Hi everyone-- I have a few minutes before my wife gets home and we go to my step-D's softball game. I did my 35 minutes on the x-trainer and I really must be improving-- at least for today. Last week it took me 35 min. to get to 400 cals. burned and 3.2 miles-- today at 35 minutes I was at 500 cals. burned and 4 miles!! That made me so happy that I did a half hour of weights-- my wife would be so happy!! It was cool too cause I was watching The Price is right and there was a girl from my daughter's school on it-- she got in the showcase but didn't win that. Sure are alot of college kids on that show now-- I enjoy it but the main reason I watched it was because it is on the only channel we get in the garage.
Well the:drill: is here so I gotta get off and head to the ballgame.

Enjoy your families this evening-- Gary

sami 04-29-2003 06:53 PM

Blessing to all! I am doing a little better today had a healthy lunch and I didn't give into my craving to get this super sweet and high fat dessert! I did get in a lot of walking at work today but I am still going to do my work out that my Dr gave me.
EZ-Thank you again for your kindness. I work really hard not to be mean and nasty when I feel bad. My Dh can tell when it is real bad because I go up stairs to be by myself. Michele your verse was just what I needed to hear also! God I am Waiting! (in your time dear Lord) Zoe-I have to say I had a picture in my mind of what you look like and I must say you look so much better than the Picture I had in my mind. You look GREAT! You are such a inspiration!!!! Tell me again how long did it take for you to lose your weight and how much have you lost? Wilma one day Im comming for dinner!LOL and and EZ house next LOL. I am praying for all and we miss all the MIA'S Sherry and all the others EZ listed Please come back We miss you!
Sami

Zoe 04-29-2003 07:50 PM

Good Evening Friends ~

Just another quiet evening at home. We had chicken salad tonight, mine made with low fat mayo, of course. :) Some melba toast and I'm full.

Sami ~ It's funny how we picture someone in our mind and it's NEVER what we think. I am on the phone with customers all over the USA and when and if I finally meet any of them, I'm taken aback since I usually have a picture in my mind......and I'm never right. :lol: As for my weight loss, I've lost about 45 lbs since the first week in Sept. To be honest, it should be more, I should be at my goal long ago (7.7 more lbs) but I've been playing around lately ~ the last month, month and a half. I went from wearing 16's and some 18's to 12's and mostly 10's. I feel great! I'm so glad that you're feeling better.

Gary ~ thanks so much for the compliment. I haven't been called a "hottie" in.....well, in maybe forever. :lol: My birthday is this month coming (May) and I'm getting really over the hill.. Haha.
Church was GREAT on Sunday. My church is VERY charismatic and it's such a great feeling. 2 1/2 hours just fly by so quickly. :)

Wilma ~ glad to hear that you're feeling better. Your packed lunch sounds yummy.

Michele ~ thanks to you too for the compliment. I always hide behind things, usually people. :lol: I am going to have Greg take some pictures of me this coming Sunday (when I'm dressed for church and look presentable) so I'll have some.

I heard a commercial for Jenny Craig tonight and the woman said that she stayed out of pictures when she was over weight. She said she was pushing herself out of her families memories by doing that. That really hit a nerve because I am always staying out of photos.....one, because of my weight and two, I look awful in photos. Sometimes I wish I could just pick a face from a catalog and say, "I'll take that one". :lol: :lol:

Well, lemme go.....have a wonderful evening. God be with you all.

In Christ's Love,
Patti and Zoe <><

Mitchypoo 04-30-2003 08:24 AM

Sherry.........where are you, sweetie? :?:

I will post later today, getting ready for work.