3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #169 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/27007-christian-encouragers-169-a.html)

Mitchypoo 05-17-2003 12:49 AM

Hi CE'ers, :wave:

Well, it's official.....I am a college graduate!!!:D It was a really great commencement and day! A guy-friend of mine was there, my Mom and Aunt and 2 girl cousins. It was a nice ceremony, we took pictures in the Japanese Gardens at school which are beautiful. I hope to get a pic on disc and I'll send it to you all. I was the 3rd to last to get my diploma. But my cap didn't fall off (which i was worried about) and it was actually a lot of fun. Then we all went to a mexican restaurant and had some margarita's and i had fish tacos, yum! It was a great day butr I'm pooped. My aunt had a fall while going into a restaurant and she hit her head and has a black eye. Poor thing. Not su~re what happened, she just fell. I was very worried about her, she wouldn't let me call someone but promised to tell me if she had any symptoms. She also called her daughter who is an RN to see what to watch out for and my friend is a paramedic and he thinks she'll be ok.

Going to the Mall of America tomorrow, it will be a long day i'm sure but it'll be fun. Can't believe how the time is flying, and they'll be going home on Monday. :(

I miss you all and have been lurking a little, i will try to catch up soon..... but Gary~you made stinky chicken?

doitforme 05-19-2003 10:57 AM

Hi all!

Gary is half right I got the camperdown to the site, but nothing set up yet, will definitely be going this weekend though, and hope for lots of sun. Sami- I second what Gary said, He is 100% right, pray all is well there. Mitchy glad you had a great visit with mom. Wilma and E.Z. Great job on the exerciseing. You too Mrs. Hummer. I have been busy ayt work and church, which hasn't left any computer time. I can't access the internet from work, its a closed system, there is a way to, but we are not suppose to. Glad to hear most of you are well, claudette- welcome back, hope all is well with the tooth. I have been spring cleaning at work and refinishing some old furniture. N.Y. state is in a budget crunch, and money will be slim this year, so I redid rather than re-buy at work, actually came out good. Recovered the top of a desk with marble contact paper, looks like real marble. Hope all is well with you guys. Just wanted to catch up on reading, and pop in and say Hi. I won't make it too long or I'll loose just like you did Mrs. Hummer, me and E.Z,. welcome you to the ranks of post loosers, ha ha ha, I think it was Zoe that said how to paste, but maybe not. SAnyway gotta run, catch later, Hi to all I missed.

EZMONEY 05-19-2003 05:50 PM

Hi Sue-- anyone else around anymore? Glad to hear you are getting going on the camping!! Want to re-finish my cabinets?

Off to step-D's softball game,

Later, Gary

Mitchypoo 05-19-2003 06:17 PM

Hello CEers, :wave:

Mom and Auntie left this a.m. and Mom already called to let me know she got in OK. It was a really great, but quick trip. I can't believe how fast it went, and there's so many things we didn't get to do. But we did a lot of great things and saw a lot of friends and family so that was really good. I miss them already, although I'm looking forward to having a night of relaxation. It's been go, go, go! It's rainy tonight and so I want to relax and go to bed early after a nice bath.

I have been lurking a little and it has been quiet.......where is everyone? Hope you are having fun!

wilma12 05-19-2003 10:01 PM

Hi!

It's been a busy weekend here. Today was a holiday and I got quite a bit done. We now have a beautiful gold/yellow guest room. It offsets the quilt I made nicely. One room down - the rest of the house to go. Next is our room!

I also got some soil for my planters but it rained all weekend so I didn't get to do anything outside. Oh well, there's still time and I still need to buy my bedding plants.

I've not done too well with my eating this weekend. I need to get back to work where I have some structure. Back to the salads and fruit.

Have a good night! Talk to you tomorrow.

doitforme 05-20-2003 09:08 AM

Hi guys-

E.Z.- Sure- But only if you throw in ssome fish tacos, and send me sunshine this weekend. It is suppose to rain from Wed.-Sun. I hope the forcast changes I am off starting today through Sunday. We were leaving for camp on Friday. Soyou got 2 days, think you can swing it? Glad all went good with your mom and aunt. Love baths with a couple candles and a good book, when the water cools off heat it up again. Wilma love the new avatar. Happy planting. Have an awesome weekend if I don't see get back to say hi! Hi to all who are missing!

EZMONEY 05-20-2003 05:07 PM

TUESDAY

HELLO--- ANYONE THERE? :)

Boy is this site dying or what? I keep checking in but don't have much to respond to! That can be good if everyone is busy doing things---however.....

Got a call at work today from my daughter-- she was home!! for the summer-- she has been home from Georgia tennis to her dorm in San Diego for 4 days-- just too many things to do before she came home-- friends-- friends graduating-- boyfriend 2 year aniversarry-- etc-- ALL THE IMPORTANT STUFF:lol: Any way I just got home and guess what? she is gone-- with the BOYFRIEND-- back down to San Diego to pick up his stuff from his condo--- now why did they not do that this week-end while they were there? ARGHHHH--- Oh, well I guess when tennis starts next year I will see her at her matches:lol:

Have been working all week--2 days and it is killing me;) -- I haven't had a full day at work in a month-- I'm gonna ask the wife if I can take a vacation-- just as soon as she gets home from work:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea right-- I just better have dinner ready if I know what is good for me!!

Speaking of dinner I am on a downhill roll-- made a new potato soup in the crock-pot Sunday-- potatoes, carrots, celery, homogonized milk,-- very tasteless-- didn't taste bad- just not much to it-- threw that recipe out.

Tonight it is fettucine with alfredo or sun dried tomatoe alfredo sauce with whole wheat french bread and salad.

Well gotta get in my exercise then off to a meeting at church.

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES-- Gary

sami 05-20-2003 07:47 PM

Im back!!!!! I am sorry I have been gone for so long and I have really missed all of you. I had to take my DD for help. I feel guilty because she has told me several times over the last year that she felt really depressed and moody (and moody is an understatement!) I am so thankful for a Christian DR he made time for her and spent a long time talking to her and he put her on medication. My 12 yr old had to be picked up from school because she was crying she said she just feels like she doesn't fit in (I think she has pms) and my oldest DD still has not found a job but she does a alot of interviews this week, (please pray the right job is found quick) And we are still dealing with my 8yr old and what will be best for her. And of course the stress has made my condition worse I may have to up my meds until things calm down. I am so glad to have all of you to share my stress with. EZ I think Zoe is the one who did the paste thing. And I know how you feel about your DD My kids always seem to have somewhere to be and I feel like I don't get to spend enough time with them. Mitchypoo I am so Proud of you I have a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! TO YOU I hope your aunt is doing ok.
Sherry I just lost my first post also. How is the swelling doing?
Wilma I am praying that your son finds a job ASAP! I know how stressful it is for them to wait. doitforme-You have a great summer camping we will miss you so stop in once in awhile.
I remember you all in my prayers,
Sami

Mitchypoo 05-20-2003 09:18 PM

Hello all! :wave:

Sami~you and your family will be in my prayers. I'm glad you found a good Christian Dr. I hope it improves soon.

Gary~It sounds like it's hard to let your girl grow up. I can only imagine. I know my mom had a hard time with me. How dare us go on and have our own life, huh? ;)

Well, yesterday after work I was so tired i layed down for just a bit and never really woke up, except for 2 phone calls, of which i don't know what i said, and then I woke at at almost 4 a.m. and had to set my alarm so i didn't oversleep. But I feel more rested today.

Mom and Auntie made it home OK. Mom ended up sitting with a Christian DJ with a morning show in South Dakota and she said that she's going to pray for me, that I find a good Christian husband!

My WA guy didn't call me once since my mom was here, he never even acknowledged my graduation or called or emailed. :( Perhaps i'm expecting too much for him. Not that I think i asked to much but i'm thinking maybe he doesn't have it to give....

Gary, fettucine sounds wonderful!

wilma12 05-20-2003 10:51 PM

Hi all! I also miss all those who aren't posting. We need each other to keep on going. I haven't been exercising lately and it has been getting me down. I need another kick! I know the exercise will give me more energy but I need to get started with it. It's been raining here and it's kind of depressing.

Youngest DS has a job interview tomorrow. We'll see how things go with that. He has other prospects too if this one doesn't turn out. Oldest DS is enjoying his job despite the night shifts he's been working. I think this is making him realize that getting an education is the thing.

Sami: I'm glad that things are going better for you. I'm praying for you and your girls and their individual challenges.

Gary: Can you come cook for me? I didn't get home from work until 6:30 and the first thing one DS asks is what's for dinner. Fast food sounds good on days like today but I did end up cooking something fast. I took out chicken breasts for tomorrow.

Michele: Things will happen for you in God's timing. He has the perfect guy out there for you. Let God introduce you to him.

doitforme: How did you camping turn out? Everyone up here was cold and wet. Glad I stayed home!!

Good Night!!

EZMONEY 05-20-2003 11:16 PM

Hi ALL-- Got home from my meeting at church and thought I would check in-- HOOOORRRRRAAAAYYYY-- posts!!!
Real quick-- alot of what I say about my DD not spending time is in joking matter-- I mean what she is doing is true -- however I expect it!-- It has been a long time since I was 19-- but I do remember!!! Thanks so much for your concern-- I know those of you with kids are in the same boat. She is here with me know though (ON THE PHONE!!) but just for a minute then back to the conversation we were having on her trip to Georgia and plans for summer/next year.
Wilma and Michele-- REAL EASY-- fettuccine, Bertolli Creamy Alfredo or Classico Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo ( I give them a choice- the family) then I BBQ a few chicken breasts to put in it-- very easy and fast-- HEALTHY? But who cares right?!
Visiting with DD now-- later, Love Ya Gary

Mitchypoo 05-21-2003 08:00 AM

Good morning!

Gary, I also make fettucine and no, it is not low calorie. I start by making the fettucine pasta from scratch, the sauce is butter, garlic, cream, parmesan and s&p, and my specialty is shrimp w/white wine and shallots. Really good, but a LOT of work!

I'm taking the upped dosage and i'm still feeling pretty tired after about 1-1/2 weeks. Going to give it some more time and i really need to talk myself into getting up early and going for a 1/2 hr. walk. I know that would make a difference.

It's a beautiful day here, but a tad chilly this a.m. I work at the gym after my day job till 7:30 will prove to be a long day i'm afraid. Hope you all have a great day!

wilma12 05-21-2003 09:04 AM

Good Morning!

It's another dreary day here today too. Hopefully my mood won't match.:p I got up and did my weight exercises this morning. I'm going to do this each a.m. and hopefully work in a walk too. It'll depend on my sleep pattern that night. I also plan to walk in the evening even if it's a small one. Tonight is the big American Idol finale and I don't want to miss that. Maybe I'll walk on the spot during commercials.

I know I need to be consistent with my evening meals. I have been buying frozen yogurt for those urges and it does make me feel better. I need to eat more chicken instead of beef.

Gary: It's hard to see our kids grow up and leave us isn't it? Mine are both at home now and I'm enjoying it but having had a taste of empty nest with just DH I know I have something to look forward to also. Both sons are planning on living at home for the school year to save money and we don't mind that at all.
I love fettucine and wish I could make it more often. It is so rich. Tonight I'm making chicken stroganoff - quick and easy and almost like alfredo.

Michele: You sound like a very busy person. Take care of yourself.

To everyone else: Have a great day. Please post even if you only have a second. We need you here.

EZMONEY 05-21-2003 05:51 PM

Just finished my shower and am waiting for the wife so we can go to step-D's softball game. Did 40 minutes on the elliptical this afternoon-- 550 calories and 4.5 miles. Am really getting the hang of this exercise-- trying to keep up with the wife isn't working though-- she was out the door at 5am again doing her 3.5 mile walk/run. Last night she even did an hour of weights on the machine. It is good she can do it and not have her back hurt (that will probably change though). The chiropractor is really helping this time.
Daughter back in San Diego cleaning the boyfriends condo befor he turns it back to his granparents for the summer-- how dirty can it get if he is always at my daughter's dorm?
Sami good to hear from you-- sorry for all the DD troubles-- stay with us!!
doitforme-- did ya get the sunshine I sent?
Wilma- keep up the good work!! By the end of summer it sure will show if you get out every day and walk/weights!!

Gotta run- IN HIS PEACE- Gary

EZMONEY 05-21-2003 05:52 PM

Michele-- YES!! GET UP AND WALK!!!!!!