Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Smile A bit of inspiration today

As I write this, I know I will be late for work, but it's worth it. I'm proud of myself, but I'm writing this because maybe one person will be inspired to achieve their goals today, or get back on plan if they have fallen off or lost motivation.

I am in Week 49 of this journey. I have done well for the most part, but the past couple of weeks have been tough. I have been on track for over two weeks, but have had lots of cravings and have felt the first feelings of being tired and bored with this whole weight loss thing.

This morning when the alarm went off at 4, I didn't immediately pop out of bed like I usually do. I was slow to get up and get dressed for the gym. I started thinking about going back to sleep, or worse yet - getting up early for a donut run, which would most certainly end up in an all-day food frenzy (or at least until this afternoon, when I'm going to dinner with supportive friends who will make sure I order that grilled chicken salad). I got up, slowly, and got dressed. I was very late and I almost got undressed again to go back to bed. I came so close, I was sitting on the bed, pulling off the shorts! But I told myself to just get it done already, and went out to my car and headed to the gym.

I was running 10-15 minutes late and thought about doing a shorter workout, or easier workout. Today is usually my "cross training" day, where I get on 3-4 machines, but I changed it up an got on the treadmill. I haven't been running lately because my knee was bothering me a few weeks ago, but I decided to do some walk 2minutes/run 2 minutes exercises.

I warmed up for five minutes then cranked it up and started running. I felt surprisingly good, considering I haven't tried running in so long. So I just kept going. And going. And going! And I kept pushing myself to do more. I told myself to do a mile, and I did. Then two miles. My personal record is 3.1 miles, so I told myself to just beat that number. And I did. Then I pushed myself to do 45 minutes of running. Done! Finally, I went for the big one, something I have never achieved: 4 consecutive, non-stop miles of running. Those last two minutes were hard, and I'm going to pay for it tomorrow - my muscles are already starting to feel sore - but I'm feeling so amazed with myself right now.

I usually walk/run/do the elliptical for 6 miles. Today, I did the six miles in my fastest time ever. What a workout! When I woke up this morning, I never thought this accomplishment was coming

I woke up with a defeatist attitude this morning. And now I feel proud. Of course, as soon as I was done, I started thinking about Chinese food of all things, so I'm not entirely back on track. But I didn't give in to my negative thoughts and I accomplished something amazing today. AND YOU CAN TOO.

You don't have to run. Or even exercise. But if you are one of the posters who has lost your way, fallen off the path, or decided that you just need a break, you can get back on track. Motivation and attitude can change in an instant. If you have been eating more calories than your daily allotment, or binging, just take it a moment at a time and stay away from those temptation foods. If you have stopped exercising, just make a commitment to walk around the block - anything to get yourself back on track.

If a couch potato who weighed 331 pounds eleven months ago can get up at 4 am and have the workout of her life, you can achieve (surpass?) your daily goal too. Good luck.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #2  

Awesome
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Outstanding, and yes, INSPIRING!!!!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

You rock girl!!! Great decision and attitude.
I also got up a little late and felt more like rolling over and going back to bed then getting up to work out but I forced myself out of bed and got my butt moving.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You are an inspiration !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #6  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Wow!!!! You go girl!!!
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

way to go!!!

it was hard for me to roll out of bed at the crack of dawn this morning too but i did it, and i got my workout in too...which also includes some running
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

LOVE this! Great job! And thank you for sharing. You never know who you will inspire when sharing your story, you definitely inspired me today!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I'm proud of you. Great job with everything so far. Your post was an inspiration to me to just do the best I can for the rest of the day and for tomorrow, too.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Thank you <3
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #11  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Awesome!