Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #46  

Thanks too Diana for your encouragement and for starting this great thread.
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

ItsmyturnYes I did confuse my body with the spike day I hope. lol And thanks for letting me know about spike days. I learn something new everyday it seems.

MamakatAre the rewrites on the book you are writing? You mentioned writing a book before. Amazing!

DianaLoved the story about the solo or so low. lol I love to sing but am not talented at all. I did not make it to the pool as I stayed in making phone calls and completing application forms. sigh I will get a long walk in tomorrow for sure. I would go Thursday but have a Dr. appointment.

My DH recorded me unbeknownst to me. I was singing "Delta Dawn", one of the first songs I learned the words to as a young girl. He went on my phone and made it a ring tone for when my sister calls me. It is funny but emberassing if out shopping and my sis phones. lol I have not figured out how to change it.

Breakfast
2 cups of coffee with cream (2)
1 cup of oatmeal (4)
1 apple
1 tbsp. maple syrup (1)

1 coffee with cream (1)
whole grain blueberry loaf (8)

3 cups greens
bunch of radishes
can of sardines packed in water (3)
vinegar and lemon juice

1 small potato (3)
light sour cream (2)

lazy cabbage roll casserole (4)
light sour cream (2)

I saved 8 points today but was full after dinner. I think when I have a spike day it also helps to keep me from wanting to binge other days. Does this make sense?

Good night.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #48  

Did ok today again

Bkfast
about 1/2 c cereal with yogurt
1 boiled egg
a little mango

Lunch
open faced ham/cheese sandwich on wheat bread
some watermellon

Dinner
Grilled chicken skinless breast/veggies/ 1/2 a small potato
Tortilla chips and fresh fish cervichi
1 beer
Watermellon
Herbal tea

Snack
A little bit chicken
warm milk
some yogurt that I didn't need - trying to sleep

Exercise
1 hour in the gym back/bi free weights
walked to/from the gym about 1.5 km so 3km total - ran about 1/4 of the way.

Struggling a little with food. Ex and divorce emails are quite upsetting. Want to stuff it but am managing to keep the eating undercontrol. Happy to go diving tomorrow.

Down a tiny bit: 115.75lbs :-). Goal is 114 - getting closer!

Last edited by kathydee; 04-26-2012 at 12:21 AM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #49  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

I managed 4 miles yesterday (some by parking car three blocks away from therapist's office). My body is sore, I have been away from the walks too long. After getting back from New Haven my neighbor called me over before getting into the house. I chatted with her for 30 mins. All the time I kept thinking, I'm talking to a person outside my family and medical. Then she gave me a compliment (not physical). She said she was glad we weren't moving after all, as we are the only normal people, aside from her family on this street. That's funny. We've lived here for 16 years and over the years I've chatted with her from time to time. DH thought in the beginning we'd become friends, but then I got involved with something that ended up isolating me and the kids for years. Even my neighbor's sister commented on how I never come over, but seem nice. My neighbor defended me by saying that I was nice, but that I had rules in which I couldn't socialize with "outsiders". Now that I don't follow those "rules" it's hard for me. I think that that was where my agoraphobia was fed lots and lots of fodder. The neighbor knows now that I am "free" so it's okay to approach me. She even said she'd enjoy seeing me more once summer comes. That's when this turtle leaves the shell more and mows her lawn

Pluckypear Yes, this is the second time, I did major rewrites on the book. I think I finished, roughly, yesterday. I'll see today. I worked while at the dentist office waiting for DS. I type a lot of what others were saying, So I have to clean it up today. I hope the rewrites are done so that I can focus on the ending already. My characters have become real people, everyone talks about them like they are our friends. How funny you mentioned Delta Dawn, I sing that a lot around here. My kids think I made it up. LOL, nope just something I learned a long long time ago. I love that song.

Diana I used to get comments like that from my mother and grandmother, only their's were spiteful. So funny, they'd insult the heck of me, then totally forget and later say they loved the song I was singing the next time. I love singing, I totally forget where I am and will starting singing loudly in stores. It's so normal that the kids don't even comment on it anymore

Kathy Just wondering, do you have to read you ex's emails? I don't know what divorce entitles, I always think lawyers handle everything. My mom had 7 husbands, but she never had anything to split so they were fast and painless. But I totally get wanting to stuff that kind of thing, divorce and spiteful people can be poison (sometimes, that's what they aim for). I wish you the best in getting through this. I hope you have a great dive!

Berry where are you? I hope you are doing well. I haven't seen you in awhile. A full week it seems.

ItsMyTurn as always, you inspire. Great workouts and beautiful spirit. Have a great day.

Home three days and DH has been called to AZ yet again. I don't even know when he's coming back this time. What a weird month this has been. Ah well, looks like I have to go make my own coffee this morning. Should do one or two loads of laundry today too. Keep up on it. Sort of cool that that's probably all I have to do. Everything is looking good on my end

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Hump Day! We are halfway to the weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1370 +
Weigh In: 146.6
Down: .8
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #51  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!!! So happy we have made it halfway through!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #52  

Hi eveybody

Made it through the day.... went for a walk this evening as well as the gym in the morning.
Was pretty hungry all evening -- but managed to get through it. Off to bed now.
Kathy: Feeling for you. It is a pretty crazy thing to be going through a "not so good" divorce. ( Not that there is a good one ) Hang in there.
Eveybody is with you. You are almost there with your goal. How great is that! I am just starting here.
I will check in tomorrow morning with my plan for the day. Day 1 of my new week has gone pretty well. Weighing in next Monday .
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #53  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Still here - just been extremely busy. Scale is up for my midcycle fun times and cake water weight gain.

Shoulder is still bumming me out, but the neck strain seems to be gone. I'm going to do a lot of fast walking today and bike riding - the first exercise I'll be doing in over a week! Eek!

In other news - I was offered a part time, temporary job yesterday. It's completely a "foot in the door" kind of opportunity, but it's pretty sweet as it's a work from home job! I was so excited when I saw it posted and now I'm excited to see that I got it! yay!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #54  

Morning everyone
Ohh this might be a long day
Couldn't sleep till 5am and not dive buddies are counting on me

Thanks for the support you all. Unfortunately for now I do have to read the emails ;(

Bkfast was ok as it always is
1/2 Cup ish cereal, yogurt
1 boiled egg
a few bites of this jungle fruit
green tea to wake up
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #55  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm happy to report I've been eating well and exercising regularly, and it's showing on my waistline! I bought a pair of size 4 pants yesterday - my first size 4 pants ever!

I entered my mom and I into a mother/daughter contest. The winner gets to model for the Tulip Fest luncheon, which would be funny considering neither my mom nor I are model material or ever do anything like this to pamper ourselves: http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/vo...avorite/47523/

Yesterday's eats:

Breakfast: A bunch of coffee, with 3-4 creamers (40)

Lunch: Plain Fage Greek yogurt (100), MetRx protein bar (320)

Dinner: PF Chang's with my parents - sodium ahoy! 1 1/2 cups Hot and Sour soup (120), Thai basil chicken salad (500 w/dressing and fried lotus root chips? Not much to the salad besides chicken and veg aside from those), and half a Flourless Chocolate Dome (270). Had a couple bites of my parents' food (50?).

Total: 1400 or so. No exercise but not bad eating!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Good Morning Everyone!

aleigh3890Good job on the walking. And good job on recognizing and stopping the binge. I still too lapse into that binge eating every few weeks. We will work through it and kick it to the curb.

LaifierrSo important to take care of yourself and I will say your health is one of the most important things of all.

CyberCrystalWhat is Anzac day and how to people typically celebrate it?

MamakatNice to have a day with an open page. Hope I get to read your book someday fresh from the bookstore. Do you have plans to seek publishing? I remember first hearing Delta Dawn on my little red transistor radio while sitting under an apple tree on our farm. I was around 6 or so.

ItsmyturnAhhhh furry friends tend to keep us on our toes. And yes you inspire as always with your dedication to fitness.

Everyone else have a great day.

Breakfast
2 cups of coffee with cream (2)
1 cup oatmeal (4)
1 apple
1 tbsp. maple syrup (1)

Planning on some leftover cabbage casserole for lunch and kale, mushrooms, onions and tofu on brown rice for dinner. I am meeting a friend for a latte this afternoon and will resist the sweets.

I have to see my therapist today and so much to talk about. My first individual is today and I am nervous. I have been going to group therapy with her for 8 months now. Found out my DH's passport renewal (out of country, he lives with me in Canada but is US citizen) was either lost in the mail or denied?????? But they can't tell????? Are they not a government office?????? Makes no sense. So they suggest DH go to US Embassy here and apply but guess what now he has no passport only a photocopy. So now US Dept. of State says pay $300 and we will do some file search and send to you to take with you to US Embassy. And we are to believe this will not get lost. Sorry for the rant. Stressful.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Wednesday!

I've lost my enthusiasm.

There...I've said it. The great thing is I'm still pretty well on plan. The previous 6 months has really set in some new habits and for that I'm very grateful. I've lost 2 pounds already, from the 5 I gained during late-March/early April.

I'm going through some kind of mental block now. DH has approved the expenditure of a personal trainer. I can get ten 30-min sessions. On the outside, I'm jumping for joy. It's not like we have the money right now, with DH working part time. But he said it's for my health and I should go for it. But I can't seem to get on with it. How do I get to the deeper truth of my resistance? What questions do I ask myself? ARGH!!! I've been doing so well and I'm not ready to give it up. But I know I must step it up a notch (with regular exercise) and I just can't seem to do it. Is it simple laziness? Do I feel undeserving? Am I afraid of success? Am I afraid of attention? Am I afraid of failure down the road? Am I worried that I can't use my size as an excuse anymore? *sigh*

Thanks for letting me vent. I appreciate any suggestions on how to figure this out.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #58  
Trying to live below 200

Mamakat Good job on the 4 miles and for the chat with the neighbor! It sounds like the turtle is already coming out of its shell.

Cybercrystal Hi Great job on the walk and gym!

Berry Good to see you! Congrats on the job offer! What type of work will you be doing?

Kathydee How was your day? I'm hoping it was a little less stressful.

Krampus Hi It's good to see you! The flourless dome cake at PF Changs is divine!

Pluckypear Sorry about the stress about the passport. I hope everything went well with the therapist.

Moondance Good job sticking with your plan, even though you are not feeling up to it. Hang in there. Hopefully it's just a phase. Keep living your new lifestyle.

Itsmyturn How was your day? Busy? Do you kids use the weighted gloves during your workouts, too?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (670 Calories)
I had them modify my dinner for my allergy.
Zuppa Toscana soup 170 calories
Grilled chicken w/broccoli (nut. info says 400, since I didn't get the sauce and had it grilled plain, I cut 100 calories. It wasn't enough food) 300 calories
Airpopped popcorn 200 calories

Exercise:
Mitch Gaylord's Cardio Mix and Melt w/#6 weighted ball
Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Eek! I haven't posted almost all week. Dental appointment went good. Filling isn't even sensative, and he said it would be, so I'm Very happy about that. Now only one more to go. I'm so close to Onederland I can taste it! I really need to go get some new pants for work. Mine are getting too big and starting May 1 we are going to new uniforms to where we have to tuck our shirts in so I need pants that actually fit. Kinda scared about going though. I'm hoping to go down at least a pant size but I dunno. My hips are kinda like glue, they're stuck on me and I can't get rid of them! So I have to buy bigger pants. Oh well, in time I'll lose them. Hope everyone is having a good day and week! Time to get moving again!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote