Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #16  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - The pool water is perfect temp right now. When it starts to get too warm in the summer, we have a water feature (a sprayer) that we turn on and it puts cold water into the pool to bring the temp back down. It only takes about a half hour to make a noticeable difference too... don't think we could survive AZ heat without that thing

I am sure I burned more calories in the pool - 2 oldest and I were playing with these skimmer balls and had 2 going and we had to not get caught with having both - kept us all moving! Tonight is Bootcamp Abs night with those same kiddos too! Have a great night all!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #17  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Itsmyturn The swimming sounds awesome! It's a great exercise. When I can go to a pool, I like to swim laps, as well as holding onto the side of the pool and kicking. The last time I did this, I could tell that I had used a lot of energy. I was completely drained.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi all

Yes, I agree; swimming is great exercise. I have two public pools (with an evening schedule different days) so I really need to start heading out there after work again. Our small outdoor pool here at the condo will open the end of May.

Breakfast today was another egg white scramble with bell peppers, spinach and tomatoes, with a bit of mango salsa on it. Oh and a slice of cantaloupe with a small slice of kiwi on top

For lunch I stopped on my way home and got a Jack in the Box grilled chicken salad; added a bit of feta cheese to it.

Snack was a few almonds.

Dinner was spicy red beans and brown rice with a few bagel crisps.

I also had a "swig" of dark grape juice and a small piece of 88% dark chocolate.

Later I am planning to have a Yasso raspberry frozen Greek yogurt bar.. 70 calories and YUMMMMMMMMM

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 04-22-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #19  
~Star~

Diana - I love having our pool in our backyard, it makes it very convenient for us all, and my parents love it when they come to visit as well. The resistance of the water is 5x the pressure - so even though it's low impact, you are right, you work your butt off

Misti - that sounds like a fantastic day! Great job!

Just finished Bootcamp Abs with the 2 oldest, and did my son's injections beforehand so his leg didn't hurt getting it after the workout. These workouts kick our butts Have a super night all!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #20  

Thanks, ItsMyTurn. I did also eat a few dark chocolate covered almonds and a few unsweetened dried cherries and cranberries. Had a HARD time finding them with no sugar or sweeteners. The cranberries do have apple juice for a bit of sweetener. As soon as the blueberries, strawberries and blueberries are in season (and cheap) I am going to get my dehydrator going!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #21  

Height: 5'4"

Itsmyturn – nice job on the exercise!
Aleigh – great start, you can keep it up :0)
Thanks for the support with those comments. Made me feel better!

Bkfast
Small bowl cereal,lowfat milk
some frozen mango.

Lunch
A bowl of SW Black Bean fat free chili (a little more than a cup)
a few slices of turkey ham for quick protein
a piece of sunflower grain bread

Snack
mango smoothie with fresh mangos (ended up being bigger than with frozen mangos - it was bigger than needed)

Dinner (decided to keep it light)
1 open faced turkey ham/slice of cheese sandwich
neighbor made a dinner and invited me over - I opted to show up late to avoid the calories but snacked on about 1/4 c of the shrimp/rice Cajun combo just to be polite

Desert
about a cup of frozen mango
herbal tea

1 diet coke

Exercise was good:
3km walk in the morning
1.5+ hours pumping iron in the gym (added some long forgotten exercises to stimulate the muscles)
3km run in the evening

Last edited by kathydee; 04-23-2012 at 02:17 AM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #22  

Good job, KathyDee. You had a super day. Congrats
Old 04-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #23  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Monday Morning WI 188.6 bringing me down 2.6 lbs from last week and one from yesterday, how nice

I measured the girls today to see if there was any difference. I am 35/42 which is bringing my strap down, but the rest is the exact same! Nearly 100 lbs and I've only lost a total of 2" in this area. How is that possible! I've never been 35" around so that's neat, but now I'm more confused about bra sizes. My Frederick's 40's are too big around but if I bend over the girls get out I wish there was away to cinch, like the extenders but backwards. I love my Frederick's. I found though, all my new shirts (baby doll blouses) are sheer which I never worried about with my big t's. I don't own one single white or beige bra. So I'm wearing tank tops underneath all my shirts right now to help with toning my bright colors down I never think these things out when I buy them. I like my bras to have color and be pretty, it's really the only girly thing I own. But I am officially out of t-shirts and I only have 2 pair of jeans now. My favorite pants our pinstripe dress slacks now. DD thinks it's weird but totally me, dressy pants, cute top and sneakers. Hey for 3 bucks, a whole new me is so worth it. Slacks are cheaper at Savers then jeans, plus I like how I look in them I'm becoming vain. DH mimics me every time he passes a mirror...."***n, I look good." LOL, I can't help it. I'm getting my self esteem back.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #24  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! It's the end of the month already! Let's stick to our food and exercise plans and end the month on a positive note. It all starts with one good decision/choice. We can do this!

I'm hoping today is my last day of TTOM. It's day 10 I think.

Calories for yesterday: 1435 +
Weigh In: 148.2 (TTOM)
No Change
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #25  
~Star~

kathy - Speaking of some great exercise! You rocked it yesterday! Great job!!!

Misti - Using a dehydrator sounds super; make it so no added sweeteners if you are doing them yourself

Mamakat - I am glad you are getting that self-esteem! Look at the transformation you have gone through! (other than the girls, ). I love the look of pinstriped slacks too

Diana - Here's hoping your monthly visitor realizes it has outworn its welcome and gets out! Have a super day!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #26  

Mamakat - congrats on the weight loss!
Diana - thanks for the reminder!

Bkfast was good
about 1/2 c cereal/lowfat milk
a fresh mango (so good!)
Herbal tea
Old 04-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #27  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

I had a wonderful day yesterday.

Breakfast smoothie: almond milk, kale, spinach, big handful baby carrots, 1 tbsp flax seeds, 1 banana, 1 small container fresh blackberries, and about 1 cup frozen blueberries

Lunch: mixed salad greens (romaine, red leaf, and green leaf lettuce), parsley, green onion, cucumber, green and orange bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes. Topped off with some tofu ranch dressing I made. Then had a banana.

Dinner: leftover Golden Austrian Cauliflower Cream Soup I made from the night previous -- cauliflower, carrots, leek, bok choy, celery, green onion, spinach, kale, and tofu cubes. I also had a bowl of shitaki and white cap mushrooms I sauteed. After dinner I ate a nice juicy pear.

I also went hiking for two hours (sooo out of shape).
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #28  

FORCED myself to weigh today 238.8 which is 4.4 lbs up from when I FORCED myself to weigh when I started getting righteous about my weight.

I walked three times last week, the last walk being over 30 minutes. I did water aerobics as well. I have a goal to exercise 5 times this week. It is getting easier and in spite of the weight gain, I found my jeans easier to button this morning. I feel lighter, I feel better and more positive. I have more energy in general and that feels pretty good.

Today so far I have had one cup of decaf with York Peppermint Patty creamer (I know I need to stop using it) and a turkey and cheese biscuit. We have lean steak and baked potato and veggies for lunch (left over from yesterday).

Trying not to get discouraged feeling more confident now.

Diana 3271 - I would lose my mind if my TTOM was more than 6 days and I know I will need to deal with that as I progress toward menopause, bleh.

I hope everyone has a happy and productive week.
MRSS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #29  

Food wasn't bad again today

Bkfast was good like always
about 1/2 c cereal/lowfat milk
a fresh mango (so good!)
Herbal tea

Lunch
turkey ham sandwich/ one slice of cheese/ tomato

Snack
a slice of fresh watermelon

Had to drive up to the airport and was starving around 6 so made the best food choice in a 7-11 I could - a V8 drink

Dinner
a couple of pieces flame grilled chicken (no skin)
1 corn tortilla
some salsa
steamed spinach and mushrooms

More watermelon than I should have - but not a binge

1/2 a beer

Have to edit - bad night of sleep after a very disturbing email with my ex to initiate the divorce - its' not friendly . Anyway. By 3am decided to try to eat a bit which often helps with sleep. Protein & warm milk (chicken breast/cup of milk) didn't do it. Tried a bit of yogurt. Should leave it with that before it becomes more than a late night graze.

Had to drive this afternoon/evening so took the day off from exercise.

Last edited by kathydee; 04-24-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #30  
~Star~

Ended my day with Tae Bo Power and weighted gloves. Feeling awesome after that workout! Have a good night all!