Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

DianaYes my meeting went well thanks.

Stayed within my points today.

Good night everyone.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #62  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - The day was a day. Work started with us being brought in a huddle. We were told of our close co-worker losing her son last night. Bad motorcycle accident. After he went off bike, was run over by 2 different cars. This is the 2nd coworker to lose a young son in the last 2 weeks. My heart bled for her.
The kids don't use weighted gloves. Kevin says he isn't ready yet and Amber is physically incapable. Doesn't stop me though, I enjoy the added push to my routine

Tonight was Tae Bo Cardio. Still sweating. Finally having supper after 8pm (running late today) and then it will be shower and bed. TOM came today too. Not my day I guess. *tonight I am counting my blessings and kissing my kids and grabbing a couple extra hugs before bed*
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #63  

Had a bit of a rough day after only 3 hours sleep. Falling to sleep at 5am is never a good sign for the coming day .

Decided to let the food go today. Will clean it up tomorrow.

Not sure the point in posting but I will anyway

Bkfast was ok as it always is
1/2 Cup ish cereal, yogurt
1 boiled egg
a few bites of this jungle fruit
green tea to wake up
Another bottle of green tea with a bit of sugar - needed to wake up

Lunch
1 ham/cheese/wheat bread sandwich

Late lunch with friends
Veggie salad - not much on it
iceberg lettuce, tomato,a few avocado slices
Didn't limit the tortilla chips and fresh salsa but didn't binge

Dinner
1/2 a leftover grilled chicken breast and a few ham slices for protein.
Left over chicken veggie, potato soup ( a full bowl - not diet portions)
a large mango shake
1/4 a beer

Stomach is full - not a diet day -- oh well tomorrow it will start over

My ex sent me another email just before bed - think'll pass and read it tomorrow so I can get some sleep.

Exercise - a day of diving and carrying heavy equipment

Night all.

Last edited by kathydee; 04-26-2012 at 01:18 AM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Good Morning Everyone!

Early day for me. My DH had to leave at 6:30. He got a new job working with a landscaper. Basically he is out all day cutting grass etc. He enjoys it and we can use the money.

I have a Dr. appointment at 11 and then hope to finally get forms off to Insuarnce Company for long term disability claim. Then off to physio for my poor old knees. I will get walking in today for sure.
On my way home will stop at the grocery store for meat for DH. They actually have loin pork roasts for $2 a pound. We rarely have meat that cheap around here. Then home for lunch. I have therapy group from 4-7 and on the way home will stop off at the library to return movies and books.

Breakfast
2 coffee with cream (2)
1 cup oatmeal (4)
1 apple
1 tbsp. maple syrup

Lunch will likely be a big salad of greens and carrots with vinegar and lemon and half a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread.
Dinner will be whitefish and ????? I know I have a leek to use and carrots. I will have to make rice or quinoa.

Have a good day.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #65  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

Krampus congratulations on size 4, that's awesome. What a nice way to celebrate your accomplishments and relationship with your mother. I hope you and she have fun time doing the pageant and good luck!

Kathy I hope you took your own suggestion and didn't read the email until this morning or mid morning. Icky stuff is the worst right before bed. You need your sleep! I hope you have a calm day so that you can focus on you.

ItsMyTurn That is the worst thing ever to hear and if you heard it, she heard it. I can't imagine the heartache, just being a person like myself who takes on others pain is bad, being a mother who lost a child...that is heartbreaking times eternity. And two sons lost in two weeks (different moms), I can't imagine morale is doing all that well lately. After reading your post, I plan to give my kitties an extra hug today too. Once they wake their butts up

Diana Good morning. Yeah what a year this was for me. I'm still shocked over giving my neighbor a ride to the mall and when did that happen? When I go for a walk I pass this laundromat (I love the smell of detergent) and I ache to go inside and ask if they have applications. Then I talk myself out of it. Why would they have applications? They probably aren't hiring. What do I know about doing laundry? That last one gets me every time. One day, I'm going to tell myself, well if I know I won't get hired anyway, why fret over not getting hired and just go in with well let's do it for fun (and maybe research for next book ) This turtle is still slow, but I'm moving, right?

Moondance As I read your questions, I kept saying "yep, it could be that." Afterwards, I realized I said that to every question. Must be good questions. I'm thinking, it could be one or all or none of those. I had a few of those issues myself. And seriously, I think I still have some. I thought I'd hate to fail yet again, if I didn't lose the weight, but then I thought, wouldn't it be failing if I didn't try. It's not easy that's for sure and a lot of shrinks will tell you to think about why you gained it in the first place (minus medical reasons). I think in order to lose weight, you have to be in a good place with yourself or you'll defeat yourself. But sometimes when we're overweight, we don't feel good about ourselves, so it's a viscous circle. I think too, it's one of those things, you just have to look at as one day at a time. And if today you didn't make it, then tomorrow you try harder, but don't focus so much on yesterday (it's in the past and we can't alter it at all). It isn't a cake walk that's for sure...mmm, cake. I did that to myself this time!

Katie Cool on the loss and needing to get smaller size pants. I've yet to tuck in my shirts, but I wear baby doll blouses now instead of big t's. The hips will come off believe me. My butt and thighs were my biggest problem. I had to buy bigger pants to get them over those areas then have the huge gap in the back at the waist. No my butt and hips are smaller than my fat belly. Ugh, I don't like that either But I'm living proof, it does come off If you can, walk a lot. I never thought walking would do anything, I am shock and amazed that it does. Oh and yay, for your tooth not hurting. DS just had a partial crown put on Tues, he didn't complain too much about the pain

Pluckypear I write and rewrite, edit and get it readied for publishing then it sits. In order to publish (not self-publish) publishers want you to be handled by an agent. That's a long process. Although, I write romance, my classes are different so I'd have to find an agent that handles all sorts of romance genres. But the huge thing of course, is that I would have to put myself out there into a world I'm far too afraid of at the moment. Luckily my stuff isn't dated material. I always tease that if I die, the kids could always do the process as children of...and maybe make a few bucks DH gets darn right mad at me that I don't make the move. He's even offered/threatened to put it in self-publishing then send it off to publishing houses. LOL, it's mostly for me, but if I get brave enough, it can be for everyone. I don't doubt my work, mind you, I'm just afraid of people.

OK today's post was long. IT's 7am and I have yet to hear my kids move. Ooh while the Scott is away, the Kat will play (and forget her duties). I finished rewrites yesterday (for now). I can move on! It's about time. Well I'm off to start the day and bark at the kittens

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #66  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +
Weigh In: 146.6
No Change
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #67  

Hi everybody

Just checking in quickly as I am very tired and am off to bed.
Almost stuck to my food plan today... Had a bit of a stressful moment at some stage in the late afternoon at work and ate a handful of dry biscuits. Got myself out of there and away from it though.

Gym this evening
half an hour on the bike
then
half an hour on the cross trainer.

Will check in again in the morning.

Have a great day all of you people in a different timezone
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #68  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Kathy - did you leave the email til morning as you stated? Sounds like you really could use the sleep

Moondance - I would guess any of that could be it. Keep in mind too, that sometimes the decision to "keep going" is as hard as the decision to "start". It will sometimes take a certain something to push you in that direction...or in my case, inspire you to keep going no matter what. You will get there, don't be too hard on yourself

Mamakat - the news has hit us. Not only was there 2 moms who lost 2 kids... but one of the kids (2 wks ago) was one we also all worked with. He sat in my row... people were freaking... I actually had to break down and move desks temporarily as it was too much to deal with while trying to accomplish anything at my job.
I just wanted to say too - you have been doing AMAZING at your walking!!! You are really succeeding BIGTIME in soooo many things, but totally kicking @$$ at your weight loss

Diana - Good morning!!!! I hope today is a spectacular one!

Last night was Tae Bo Cario night. Also during the day, the boss ordered me a salad from The BBQ Place, so I actually logged my food so I knew what my calories were. I usually don't have to since I eat the same thing daily at work, but that was something I was unfamiliar with and had to log to see what I had to play with for evening calories Felt weird to be logging every morsel as I haven't had to do that in well over a month.
Hope everyone has an awesome day!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #69  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

Well, almost to week 5 and I have lost 12 lbs....it does take FOREVER...I used to be able to lose 12 lbs in a little over a week! lol It's definately hard work, but I am not giving up..
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #70  

My goal for this week is to exercise 5 days. I have done three so far, and I am going to leave the office for a bit and walk at a local park. I missed water aerobics last night - just did not get my tasks done quick enough to get over there in time. So I took a walk instead, and that counts. Plus I mowed!

I feel so much better and so much more positive. I had forgotten how great consistent exercise makes me feel! And I noticed the t-shirts I am wearing are not quite as tight now. Yay!

I hope everyone else has a great day.
MRSS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #71  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Yesterday was a model day until I succumbed to midnight munchies - no major damage though, just an oatmeal creme pie right before bed --> felt weird when I woke up.

Gym twice: before and after work. Cardio in the AM, cardio and weights in the PM. Marked improvement in lifting ability!

Lunch: Subway chicken breast + egg whites on flatbread w/provolone and chipotle dressing.

Dinner: Spinach and mixed greens cooked in olive oil & lemon juice. 5 oz salmon fillet with gorgonzola cheese. Vanilla Greek yogurt for dessert.

After dinner snacks: Maybe 1/3 pint Guinness, 1 oatmeal creme pie, a single ravioli, a couple bites of my boyfriend's snack.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Thursday!

Diana, Mamakat and ItsMyTurn, thank you for your kinds words of encouragement. I sincerely appreciate it. One day at a time...

Today is super busy. There are kids crawling all over the place. My company really goes out of their way each year with fun activities and give-aways. I'm running around like crazy...which is good, as it keeps my mind off food and it adds steps to my pedometer!

Went to a comedy club last night for a fundraiser. Dinner beforehand was at an authentic Italian pizza place. With 4 couples, there were 5 different pizzas to choose from. I tried them all. SOOO good! Oh well. Only had 1 beer, so that's an accomplishment right there!

This weekend is competition for the chorus I recently joined, which involves a 2 night hotel stay. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to maintain my plan. I will be bringing breakfast and lunch for both days but dinner will be out and I know the alcohol will be flowing. I'm not usually much of a drinker, but peer pressure from 100 other women will be hard to resist!

Hello to those of you who are new and new-ish! Keep up your good work!

Mamakat: I find the questions aren't hard to ask...the truthful answers are hard to admit. Your issues about writing are interesting to me. DD#1 wants to be an author. She has been writing books since elementary school. But rarely does she let anyone read them. Recently she's had to write a bunch of essays for college scholarships. It's all personal stuff and she's really struggled with putting it down in writing knowing others are reading (and judging) it. It's not been her best work. I'm the only one she trusts to edit, and even then I piss her off...

ItsMyTurn: What a difficult environment to be in. How horrible for the families involved. Such tragic things go on all around us. Certainly give one perspective, doesn't it? Hope you have a good day.

Katie: Glad the dentist wasn't too bad!

Plucky: Hooray for your DH! Hope your appt. goes well.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #73  

Yes I did leave the email for morning and enjoyed a great night sleep. He is just trying hard to make me suffer. But even through the vicious jabs there was some decent news which is comforting. Wow, will I be glad when this is over.

Food is ok so far today
Bkfast
1 boiled egg
A fresh mango with close to 1/2 plain yogart

Lunch
an open faced ham/slice of cheese sandwich
a small slice of watermelon
a mango/yogurt/lowfat milk - probably a bit more than I needed

Thanks for all the support.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #74  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I am the "late to the party" gal these days. Just busy, busy, busy.

I ran a silent auction the last two weeks and I'm wrapping that up. My son's 7th birthday, my older son's band concert and tons of club stuff, interviewing for a job, etc. And then shoulder injury and for awhile, migraines that were holding me back.

Diana - you asked about what kind of job. It's pretty sweet. I get to work from home for part of it and do some "about town" stuff with taking photos, writing blurbs about events sponsored by our community association (remember, we live in a planned community). It's 20 hours per week, so part-time and temporary. All perfect for me as I'm building up my resume and trying to make connects with getting back into the workforce full-time hopefully soon. I don't have to be secretive about wanting something "bigger and better" soon. AND they are totally flexible with hours/times including our 3 week summer vacation to Croatia. So perfect as summer is approaching and the kids will be home. She even offered me the top of the salary range she was looking at offering, so I think she really liked me. Now I just need to do a bang up job.

Tomorrow I'm doing step again after being out for nearly 2 weeks with the injuries. Fingers crossed that it goes OK.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #75  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I just got home and had a busy day. I won't have time for personals. Have a good evening and sleep well.

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)