Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #106  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning! It's official! The weekend is here! I am so ready!

I won't have my usual do, nothing, downtime, weekend, though. I really like those. We stay really busy during the week. I am usually up at 6 AM. We usually get home between 8-9 PM, sometimes later, due to our work schedule. I try to be in bed by 10 PM so I have the energy to do it all over again the next day. That makes for a really long day/week. That's why I love my do nothing weekends! This weekend we are taking a short trip. I found a hotel with an indoor pool. Hopefully that will be my exercise for the weekend! I love swimming.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Enjoy!

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +
Weigh In: 146 (TTOM)
Down: 1 pound

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-03-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #107  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
Dumb scale is on the rise again. Arrg. But I am not going to let it get me down.

Qtkitty wow, thanks for all the information, now I'm going to consider some things. Starting with this living room. We actually don't have TV and never is there two people watching the same thing. We have Netflix and if we want to watch something we just get it streamed to our personal computers. The TV down here is a free for all computer now (awesome flat screen, super huge that we bought right before we stopped watching TV). So watching TV during exercise isn't our problem. No, the problem is a King size round bed in the middle of the room. Our space is long and narrow, so there's just enough room to get by. Then of course, right next to said bed is our newest pet Ben, who takes up the entire coffee table. We really don't use this room as, like I said, none of spend time together as a group. I've been coming downstairs and sitting on my futon, doing laundry or writing, for therapy sake. Otherwise, I'd be in my room.

But I'm seriously thinking about putting on some Pandora today and rearranging this entire mess. Since it's my DD, I can't do it while home or she'll have a conniption for touching her things. But I'm thinking I can make this area more comfortable with moving things here and there. That could be today's exercise. We'll see. Then maybe if there's more room I can buy the attachments and some workouts.

ItsMyTurn I hope you have a great day. Are you getting any kind of exercise in? How is your DD, hope she is doing well.

erinrenae I'm curious about the doughnuts too. A special recommend you go out and buy them? Mmm, doughnuts sounds so good.

alitorry mmmm, grilled cheese

good morning everyone.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Mamakat~ hmmm... could you put the round bed on its end til you were done with the wii then put it back? I wish I could hook my Wii to a monitor. I have a computer with a decient size flat screen monitor that I do not use.

I am feeling like crud again today, but good news 379.0 this morning on the scale!
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

I know this isn't going to be the least bit helpful, so skipping this post is perfectly acceptable!

qtkitty and mamakat~~About half the show was dedicated to doughnuts. They had the best doughnuts from around the country, a place in Chicago that made doughnuts the size of a dinner plate, and then a part about making your own. How could you not crave them after all of that?? Then, Daphne Oz made the comment that one regular sized doughnut has close to half the calories of a bagel with cream cheese. I looked it up and a 3 inch doughnut is 5.something or other WW points. Not great, but nice for a small treat.
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 205/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Friday everyone.

I was feeling very grumpy yesterday so was not really online. Do you ever just have to deal with someone that makes you so annoyed that its like if they even breath it upsets you? I'm so stressed and even though I have to deal with this person all the time and they aren't going away any time soon, sometimes it bothers me a lot more than others and for some reason this week I'm really on edge...

Yesterday I skipped breakfast and for lunch I had a "ginger thai bowl" from a local restaurant, it was about 1 1/2 cups white rice, some mixed veggies, asian slaw, grilled chicken and ginger dressing, I ate all the chicken and about 1/2 of the rice and veggies. For dinner I had a small rib eye steak with brocolli, grilled onions and mashed potatoes. After dinner I had some chips and salsa, only a little bit, less than 10 chips and barely any salsa. I had about 40 oz of water during the day and 4 oz of coke with dinner.

I am really happy that I have managed to cut down on coke and candy so much. I am still having the occasional candy bar but I think I have that down to 1 every two weeks or perhaps last week I had 2 and none this week etc... also small amounts of coke... I actually feel like I'm losing the taste for the coke already.. last night with dinner I opened a 12 oz can and barely drank it... Also, I have not gotten food from a fast food restaurant (mcdonalds, burger king, wendys, etc) in over 30 days!!! Thats huge for me because I used to eat McDonalds several times a week in my car on the way home from work.

I started doing the Couch to 5k program via iphone app. I did Week 1 Part 1 on Wednesday. If you aren't familiar with it, its a 9 week program where you do a comination of walking/running directed by the program... Week 1 part 1 was 28 1/2 minutes which went like this: 5 minute walk warm up, then alternating 1 minute run and 1 1/2 minute walk x 8 and then a 5 minute walk cool down. You do it every other day, so today I will do Week 1 Part 2. It was pretty difficult, by the last couple of runs I wasn't really running but more like lurching forward in a semi fast trot/walk lol... and by the end I was really wasted...

The battery died in my scale last night without warning, so now I'm a bit concerned on how accurate it has been reporting, ugh... It takes one of those large button cell type batteries which of course I don't have handy, so I will get one today on the way home so I can weigh in...

Well sorry for the long post, I hope everyone is doing really really well and sticking on plan and preparing for a great weekend.
LittleBrownBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #111  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

In a hurry out the door, but scale is heading down. Ovulation was early again this month. Like I want TTOM even more often? Geez. 25 day cycle last month and seems it will be again this month. Grrrr.... This growing older business is for the birds!

Down .4
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Wow!! Another 6 pounds down today to 212. It is obviously mostly water weight but it is still fun to lose while watching the scale drop.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #113  
Melissa

Larry, that is just disgusting! Sorry! I'm happy for you, but gee whiz, couldn't I have that luck?

I ate off OP for 17 days during the holidays. I pigged out with a small p and gained 14 pounds in 17 days. 9 of those pounds came off, then I started my mid cycle gain and so I'm STILL 4.6 pounds over where I was in mid-December. I've been eating OP and exercising 5 times a week for an hour each time (or more) and I'm STILL not dropping weight that quickly!

I'm happy for you though... it's giving you that needed kick in the butt to make you realize that you can do this!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #114  
Melissa

OK, so Dance Sport Endurance is like Zumba, but all ballroom dance moves instead of Latin Dance moves. (No partners).

It was good in the fact that it was much easier on the knees and not too bouncy for me and my bladder control issues, but... except for a couple songs, it's not high enough intensity for me. I wore my heart rate monitor and for two songs it got up there (a quick step and jive) but otherwise it hung out in my low aerobic zone.

Part of the problem is that a. I didn't know all the steps/moves so I didn't move as big as I would if I knew the routine. but b. is harder to control. People in class don't move as big as they should. The instructor is making big sweeping moves, big steps, and people in class are making small steps, so I will bump into people on either side of me if I move as big as she does. Maybe next time I'll go to the back of the room to move bigger - out of everyone's way.

It's a good routine/workout for a day after my big workout day though, so doing it once a week is probably a good thing. Here's a link to it. I think it's still only a DC area thing, but he's trying to expand it.

http://www.dancesportendurance.com/
Old 02-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #115  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Larry Yay, that's awesome on the water whoosh, doing great!

Berry glad to see scale is going down.

LittleBrownBike dropping soda and fast food is a great accomplishment...awesome job on 30 days. I once boycotted McD's (can't remember why now) for a whole year. It was a year, I didn't actually gain anything. Too bad I didn't add exercise and drop other fast foods. I can eat at the fast food as long as I don't eat buns or fries, but it's still rare.

erinrenae thanks for at least answering qtkitty and I. Sometimes killing the curiosity cat is very helpful So are you saying (or the show) that doughnuts are less calories than bagels...not that I can have either one, but that would be interesting to know.

qtkitty no I can't up end the bed as it comes in sections. And she has tons of junk on it, she's a hoarder (it runs in her dad's family, my son and DH have it too). If the pieces weren't connected I could moved the junk over and then move the pieces over, but that would be a pain too. And the Scots (DH and DD) would make a stink since I have a full gym in the house. I'm just bored, of course this is where DH would say "get a job" ). I am gonna try to rearrange right now and hope it comes out ok, because that's a lot of junk to have to put back if it doesn't work. First I've got to find a place for Ben and Moby (the fish is now doing flips and jumping out of his tank. DD put a lid (sort of) on it and I noticed. I think he's upset there's a new pet in town Oh, I almost posted without saying "Yay, you're back in the 370's. Also, I hope you feel better soon.

Diana is it a special weekend? AH, I love swimming too. I miss it. I hope you have a very fun time.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Wait a minute...you just glossed right over this little fact:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
...the problem is a King size round bed in the middle of the room.
You've just added a whole new dimension to my image of you!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #117  

Mamakat - thanks, it feels pretty good, its kind of like that food that you know you shouldn't be eating because 1. its unhealthy, 2. its pretty gross if you actually let yourself think about whats in it etc.. plus it really adds up in the wallet if you step back and look at all the little charges over a period of time... so I'm definitely not going to say I won't have a burger or fries etc because I'm a burger and fries kind of gal... but definitely a LOT less often and NOT from a fast food place...

Berry - I'm SO uncoordinated, I'd like to try a dance fitness class but I'm humiliated just thinking about it... we have a wii at home so I was thinking bout getting Zumba or something like it for the wii but I'm never home alone and I feel like I'd want some private time to at least get started lol... the class you went to sounds fun. It sounds like a nice way to switch things up after a harder workout day. And congrats on your .4!

Larry - WOW super impressed... I didn't know you could even have that much water weight... it is very motivating to see that huge drop even if thats all it is...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
Are you picturing red sheets and a disco ball over the bed? lol
Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #119  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
Wait a minute...you just glossed right over this little fact:

It's her daughter's king size round bed in the middle of the living room, right Mamakat?
Old 02-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

LittleBrownBike: Yes! I'm living vicariously.

Berry: Don't tell me the truth...I'm thoroughly enjoying my little fantasy here! Got to do something fun while I watch it snow...and snow...and snow.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote