3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/29/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/251694-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-1-29-12-a.html)

Diana3271 01-29-2012 08:24 AM

Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/29/12

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271 01-29-2012 08:34 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

The first thing I would like to ask, is who stole January? :?: This month has really flown by!

Calories for yesterday: 1695 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 146.8
Up: .6

I had a high sodium day and no BM. Still no TTOM.

Italiannie 01-29-2012 08:53 AM

Diana, That picture is beautiful. You look great!

Had a rough day yesterday. Thought I was on track, but got into some cookies and salty food. Scale was a couple of pounds up this morning, sooo.
Back on track today. Yesterday is yesterday.

Pump that water.

Have a great day, everyone!

mamakat 01-29-2012 10:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I'm with you, where did Jan. go? I was really hoping to have reached my goal by my dd's birthday, but didn't. Ugh. My body isn't happy right now, my muscles are being pains in the butt (literally) so I don't want to venture out. 1) it's too cold for them and 2) I might not be able to make it back. Cold weather sometimes aggravates the MD. SO, instead of walking, I finally got my butt up and went to my gym and did 75 mins of cardio (bike 60, elliptical 15) not bad for not working out in a long time. I hope I can motivate myself to do it again today. It's just it's cold down there, but once I get going I'm hot. The dilemmas we have, :p

I have been gaining slowly for two weeks now, but today I finally saw the scale go down for once. It's only .2 but it's such a relief to see it go down and not up. As I was biking yesterday, I realized my calorie count is based on 30 mins of exercise 6 days a week and I haven't been doing that. So maybe I've been eating too much (on days I actually eat...yesterday not being one of those days). I don't know. SO I'll try to keep myself in check. I have to tell myself I can spare that amount of time and maybe it will help with the fatigue. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a great week. :)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

ItsMyTurn 01-29-2012 01:00 PM

Berry - For her knee and elbow she had to have dead bone scraped (she has osteonecrosis developing in joints along with the RA *caused by the RA*) and in all 4 joints there is a gel fluid that happens that has to be removed, but is too thick to extract with a simple needle. It's honestly horrible all the stuff she has gone through, but we are trying to buy time with her knee and not get a replacement so young. We are running out of options, so continuous surgeries are needed to try and save it.

Diana and Berry - We tried the batteries and still said 124.4... it was weird to see such a number on the scale. My youngest got all excited and said "I want to get on!!!! I want to see 124!!!", LOL!!!! We are hoping we can figure out how to reset it, but in the meantime until we figure it out or get a new one, I have no way to measure my weight... I guess that is one way to get me to focus on other ways of telling progress :lol:

We ended up hitting 79 degrees yesterday and will be doing so again today - so another day of tennis for me!!!! YAY!! With all the stressors we have had recently, having these beautiful days to get out is just what was needed! Both of our girls plan on going with us so they can utilize the park that is across the street - also a HUGE green belt for them to play in. Teens need room, :lol: Amber is now walking with proper form! :O Amazing! So soon, no wrap or anything this morning... she amazes me. I know you all are probably tired of hearing about it all, but this girl has had to fight for EVERYTHING since birth... I am humbled daily by her. My kids are the reason I am able to keep perspective and hold strong in my own life...truly. I hope everyone has a fabulous day and I am wishing the nice weather we are having for ALL of you to enjoy!!!! Time to get moving :)

Diana3271 01-29-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn (Post 4194033)
I know you all are probably tired of hearing about it all, but this girl has had to fight for EVERYTHING since birth... I am humbled daily by her. My kids are the reason I am able to keep perspective and hold strong in my own life...truly. I hope everyone has a fabulous day and I am wishing the nice weather we are having for ALL of you to enjoy!!!! Time to get moving :)

Never get tired of this! I am so sorry about all your DD has gone though. But it is very inspiring to hear about how brave and courageous she is. I have my little PITA issues and I mope and yack about them. Things could always be so much worse. We need to be grateful for each day we have and greet the day accordingly.

An extra :hug:, a big :high: and :cheer: for your DD today! :carrot: And when you can :dance: your butt off! :bravo:

This goes for everyone today that's facing a challenge!

JoJoP 01-29-2012 01:41 PM

I'm doing pretty well so far! I've been at it 2 weeks, lost 6 pounds, and I feel a LOT less jiggly :)

I'm currently sitting in the same room as homemade cookies and Dunkin Doughnuts Munchkins and I feel NO cravings for either!!

alitorry 01-29-2012 02:02 PM

I'm alisha and I'm super dedicated going on my 4th week :dancer: YAY!
Yesterday was a struggle, but I pulled it off with good food and lots of exercise, waking this morning to a 1 pound loss!!
Today, I had turkey bacon and eggs and that yummy lo cal OJ. it's sunday and I'm doing nothing but laundry and floors today. That's some exercise right?
and back at it tomorrow, BIG TIME as I'm starting the Biggest Loser competition at my gym. Yes, I have faith, I'm going to win. Unless my competitors are on 3fatchicks website ... uh oh..
You girls are so motivated and motivating to me!!! Thank you :)
:exercise:

mamakat 01-29-2012 08:35 PM

Another 60 min. bike ride down. Ugh, I'm sweating. :) Have a great night everyone!

ilovemo 01-29-2012 09:00 PM

OMG i ate so much today that I could almost puke right now.. So my brother and I recieved some hockey tix from his job.. they were box seats which was pretty much a lounge with alot of junk food. So we splurged and time to make it up this week.. high and tight low carbing it :)

So today-

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled with provolone (300) papaya&cantaloupe fruit salad with sea salt (70)

Snack- Cheese stick (90)

Snack- Cucumber (~5) Provolone cheese (100) Avocado spread (200) all wrapped up.. srsly I like weird things..

Lunch- 1 hot dog with bun, ketchup, mustard, onions (~275) 2 without buns (300) some nachos small amount & cheese (200) 4 pretzels with some cheese (100) and diet coke (0)

Dinner- Big bowl. 1 potsticker (100) idk cals for that.. bro and i shared an entree.. didnt really eat much of it (300)

Dessert- couple bites of apple crisp (200) 3 choc truffles (220)

~2460..ik i overestimate but wow

holy CRAP! tmrw.. will.be.crazy.

Diana3271 01-29-2012 09:45 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

TTOM showed up today. Hopefully there won't be too much drama this week from it. ;)

Italiannie Thank you. Today is a new day. Get right back to working your plan. You know what works best for you.

Mamakat You did it! Great job on that bike ride! :highfive:

Itsmyturn Did you and the family have fun at the park and playing tennis? I hope you had a great day.

JoJoP Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Congrats on the 6 pounds!

Alitorry Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Great job on making the most out of yesterday and that pound!

Ilovemo On the good side, it sounds like you had fun! :D

Diana3271 01-29-2012 09:53 PM

Total Approx 1365 Calories + :coffee2:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (700 Calories)
Turkey Wrap (made and brought my own sauce) 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (300 Calories)
Toasted English muffin w/cinnamon, pumpkin butter, & 1 cup cottage cheese

Exercise:
#10 SD Xtreme, Xtreme Upper Body w/5's, 8's, and 10's
#10 SD Xtreme, Recovery Upper Body w/5's, 8's, and 10's

erinrenae80 01-29-2012 10:45 PM

Hello everyone! I just joined and I'm still trying to find my way around. I'm not used to such an active forum.

I've been on a little bit of a splurg weekend. Really nothing too horribly crazy but a little over on my points. My energy has been in the toilet for the past few days. I'm not sure what exactly is to blame for that. I have some personal issues going on and I'm having RA flairs every few days. I suspect a combination of the two is probably to blame.

Well I really look forward to getting to know some of the members around here!

ilovemo 01-29-2012 11:18 PM

it was alot of fun diana.. just gotta spend the rest of the week making up for it.. think eating 1000 cals the rest of the week n low carb should do the job.. have a good week everyone ! xox

qtkitty 01-30-2012 12:32 AM

Morning Weight ..opps I did not weigh this morning I weighed in after breakfast at 382.0

Brunch
10 Buckwheat Cakes 500
1/4c Cheese Cake Spread ( 6oz Lemon Greek Yogurt and 3oz Cream Cheese made Approx 1c @ 440 cal) 110
Sub Total 610

Dinner
1 bowl Beef Veg Soup 430 ( I am trying not to think what kind of sodium this had in it, but I know the rest of the day I did not have much if any sodium)
4 Buckwheat Cakes 200
Sub Total 630

Daily Total 1240

Water 60

I made buckwheat cakes I swear for hours today *lol*…. Yeah Do not think ohh I have a part of a bag of buckwheat left lets just finish it off because you end up with at least 72 cakes. DOLP I lost track somewhere and its probably more since there were 3 in the pan at a time*lol* If I use 72 cakes it comes out to 50 cal a cake. I think I am going to make a sandwich out of 2 of them since they are about the same size around as the Thin Buns.

I made Ontbijtkoek ( aka dutch spice bread). It smells sooooo yummy and super sweet. I have not eaten any at this time. I think I am going to eat a slice tomorrow morning. The recipe I used about filled large loaf pan. I think that 8 slices will make each slice hearty enough for 280 cal/slice at breakfast. I need to taste it, but I am pretty sure it is going to taste like a deeply spiced spice cake. Next time I think I will cut down the sweetness and use whole wheat instead of all purpose. Since this is something I have never even tasted before I followed the recipe exact. I must say the smell of it baking OMG OMG soooooo yummy.

I also roasted off some butternut squash. I am thinking of putting some of the soup my mom made in one and having it for lunch.I did not get to the veg, but I have enough for one day in the freezer. I also did not clean and cut up lettuce, so guess I will be doing that tomorrow morning.

Diana ~ Thank you for the compliment of altering recipes.. I have been doing it most of my life so I guess I am used to it. My grandfather is diabetic, so my grandmother would alter recipes because of that or because she did not have some ingredient on hand. I tend to be more open to trying different things because of this. If its not great Ehh I tried, but if its great I learned something new. The hardest part for me is using measuring cups. I tend to eyeball a lot even in baking. To get the calorie counts to be more accurate I need to use the cups though, so that is my challenge. I need to get a food scale. I think that would help my accuracy.