Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone! planning for today..

Breakfast- coffee (100) greek yogurt (140)

Snack- Cheese stick (90)

Lunch- frozen yogurt w/passion fruit boba YUMMM (300)

Snack- almonds (70) cheese stick (90)

Dinner- Mcdouble no bun (230) and some more meat (200)

Total ~ 1220

BTw ladies.. KILLER cardio workout today.

Last edited by ilovemo; 02-01-2012 at 10:46 PM.
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 205/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

8:00 a.m.
8 oz fat free milk w/ 1 scoop designer whey protien powder

11:30
1/2 chicken grilled, small order waffle fries

1:45
1/2 container yogurt

3:15
1 jazz apple

6:00
2 meatballs, 1 cup veggie pasta with a small amount of pasta sauce

Water: 45 oz
Exercise:
1.12 miles bike ride w/ dogs, 9 minutes AND
Week1Part1 of Couch to 5k 1.75 mile walk/jog 29 minutes
LittleBrownBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

First day back on plan went well.

Breakfast

1 1/2 cup Del Monte no sugar added slice pears 120 calories

Lunch (our big meal)

Turkey, dark meat, meat only, roasted, fryer-roasters [3.2 oz] 147 calories
Baked potato, flesh and skin, w/o salt [6 oz] 158 calories
Green beans, frozen, boiled, drained w/o salt [3/4 Cup] 29 calories
Black coffee [1 Cup] 0 calories

Dinner

Horizon Organic - Extra Large Eggs [2] 160 calories
Wonder Smart White Bread Toasted[2 slices (1.8 oz)] 100 calories
Oscar Mayer - Bacon, Americas Favorite, Lower Sodium [2 Slices (1 oz)] 140 calories
Black coffee [1 Cup] 0 calories

Total for the day = 854 calories and 800 mg sodium

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #79  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Larry, I love your bottom quote

today
breakfast
fat free milk & protein shake 220 cals

lunch
healthy choice soup 220 cals
mini rice cakes 70 cals
light string cheese 50 cals total 310 cals

snack
fiber one brownie 90 cals
granny smith apple 72 cals
tablespn peanut btr 70 cals total 232

dinner
healthy choice 210 cals

water: a LOT

total for the day: 972 cals

looks like I have room for a snack

exercise:
Zumba
45 minutes weight training/calisthenics

Alisha
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #80  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Had a good night at the gym tonight. I upped my weights for everything on BodyPump and did all the power stuff in BodyStep. AND today I took a Walk (fast) to and from my son's school when I went volunteering And rode the super heavy bike to and from the school for school pick up. Almost 2 hours today!

Calories were a bit higher as I caved on a cupcake, but was still at 1700 for the day.

My ankles are seriously swollen though. 3.5 hours after taking off a pair of socks and the indents ad still there and that is after 1.5 hours of hard core exercise on my feet! Wonder how much water I'm holding? High sodium meals, it's been hotter outside and it's about ovulation time which is when I tend to gain the most weight in the monthly cycle. Maybe I'll get a nice whoosh soon. That would be nice! I would love to get back to where I was before the holidays hit!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! We just got home! There was a traffic fiasco here today. A tractor trailer overturned and caused major traffic back ups everywhere! Crazy! I need to get ready for bed! We ate at a different type of restaurant tonight than we have been eating at. Normally we eat where I can order plain grilled protein and steamed veggies. Everything is prepared to order. Tonight we ate at a cafeteria. I tend to have issues with sodium with this restaurant. We were kinda limited to where we could go because of the traffic. Anyways, I have been very strict on my foods the last couple of weeks to make sure I don't consume any type of soy. I am trying my best to clear this thing up. I have been clearing up and getting better. As you can tell I have been losing some of the water weight. Anyways, I don't mind sodium (since it only takes a couple days to clear up), but I hope nothing had any type of soybean oil in it (an allergic reaction can take weeks to start clearing up). Got my fingers crossed that I don't have a reaction. I could see that there was some type of butter in the veggies, although it was not a lot. I also drained the veggies before I ate them.

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
roast beef without any gravy 300 calories
Steamed cabbage 100 calories
Turnip Greens 100 calories
boiled okra 100 calories
fruit cup (grapes, strawberries, honeydew melon, cantaloupe) 100 Calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Recovery Upper Body w/#8's & #10's
Hardcore Kickbox Circuit w/weighted gloves & #5's
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 381.0 lost 5.8lbs in January ( I did not make the goal of 20 lbs a month .. But that was a high high end goal..I have to remember as long as I am loosing it is all good. )

Breakfast
Ontbijtkoek 280
Banana 150
Sub Total 430

Lunch
1/2Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini 250
Salad ( 2c Baby Spinach, 1c Micro Greens, 3Tbsp Roasted Red Peppers, Handful of Pearl Tomatoes, 1Tbsp Sun dried Tomato Spread, 1 Tbsp Newman’s Lite Balsamic) 92
Sub Total 342

Dinner
1 bowl Beef Veg Soup 430
1/4 Butternut Squash (guessing high @ 1 cups) 82
Sub Total 512

Snack
PB2 Peanut Butter 23
6 Teddy Graham 33
String Cheese W/ slice of roast beef wrapped around it (minus a big bite from dd) 80
Sub Total 145

Daily Total 1429

Water 48 I do not know why I am having such problems kick starting drinking water again. Grrrr… and its not as if I am not thirsty, but I get busy doing things and forget. I need to beat it back I my head. My ankles are back to being really swollen too. So who knows if its not drinking enough water. there are to many variables.

Exercise: Wii Fit Plus ( 30 min of free step, Boxing, and some other games ) 56 Minutes ( I didn’t recalculate the calories because mom was watching law and order as I did step *rme*)

Larry~ You escaped the pig pen!! That’s terrific. Food … at least I think is one of the most difficult addictions ( I have not been addicted to anything else, but I have seen others who have been). Foods always around. Most people do not see a food addiction as being anything but an excuse and that people who are over weight are just lazy people who do nothing but eat. Then there are those people who use food as a comforting tool to other people. Here I baked this eat it.. it will make you feel better. Or in the opposite direction people who think they know what’s best for you to lose weight and tell you about diets that are … well for me at least crazy. It is frustrating. I digress.. The important thing is that you caught yourself before you got any deeper in the trough.

I hope that the cortisone lasts a LONG time for you.

*lol* Reading your medical history there .. I took a quick look at your picture because it sounds very similar to my grandfather. This year in fact he had surgery on his second eye for cataracts. * whispers * But you have to much hair on the top of your head hehe

Mamakat~ No Panini for you… unless you can figure out a way to do it with something not carby so you do not get sick….. BUT you could have a piece of grilled chicken with some pesto on it and a little sprinkle of cheese and a salad on the side .. It would be like a deconstructed Panini.

For your pizza could you butter fly and pound out a piece of chicken ( cook it some) then top with sauce and toppings then bake until melty. At least it would hold all the melty goodness.

I got a pizza with no sauce .. I had the same pizza, but I dipped mine in sauce. My mom had hers plain and my daughter sort of dipped hers*lol*

Berry~ yeah that’s the one thing I didn’t like that it had sugar added. The taste is something like Jiff or some normal PB though. My dd actually requested the PB2 over the regular PB tonight. That tells me its good in my book *LOL*. I do not think she would mind if it was not sweetened though. I will have to look into the protein powder plus when I run low on the PB2.

Moondance~ hmmmmm.. While your leaning or making dinner could you crank up the tunes and shake your tushy… the kids may think your crazy, but hey its movement. It burns calories as good as a walk especially if your working some latin dance or belly dancing moves. Or you could do more traditional lunges or something.

Last edited by qtkitty; 02-02-2012 at 12:55 AM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I am doing month end bookkeeping, so things are busy for me. I might not be able to do much with personals for a couple of days. Have a great day!

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +
Weigh In: 147 (TTOM)
Up: .8
Old 02-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #84  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

I think this is the first time excited to go to a doctors. I'm so curious as to what's going on. I slept 5 hours yesterday and still woke up exhausted. DH is super glad I am going to the hematologist today. He chuckled when I told him the receptionist said I sounded unwell with a ''hello''.

Moondance I was trying to think of something you could do by the flyby kind of way. I like qtkitty's idea. I do that all the time. Except I don't cook I dance around my house a lot. I love music and it's always playing somewhere. But I'm known for being weird and in the mornings when waking up DD, she gets grumpy when I come down singing and dancing. She's not a morning person, so my cheerfulness bugs her. She can be mean I also do push offs from my kitchen sink when I'm waiting for the microwave. I try to last as long as whatever I'm heating, but sometimes that's impossible. Lunges are a great idea while doing kitchen stuff and squats. You will look silly, but kids eventually shrug it off as 'that's my mom' Little things count.

qtkitty a sandwich without the bread is just not a sandwich. My DH makes something like what you described. It's one of my favorite dishes at Uno's and for the life of me, I can't remember the name now. But it's chicken with broccoli and cheese in the middle (Chicken Spinocolli) then drizzled with pesto. I love pesto. As for pizza, that's really my family's thing. I just eat whatever I can when it comes to that. We get or he makes meat lovers with tons of veg. I just am not crazy about italian meats all mixed together. But like I said, he's the cook, I'm the eater The Wii you do, do you need space to do it in? I keep seeing you write how you did the Wii exercise, I'm just wondering how much room do you need. My dd lives in the living room and now Ben lives there too so there's barely no room, but I'd be curious to know if I could do it. I like bowling

Diana How are you feeling after this morning after the new restaurant? I hope all is well. I was a bit shocked you said you wiped or drained, not sure the term you used, the butter from the veg. That's a lot of butter. It's funny in this day and age the way some restaurants change how they cook and others seem to shrug it off. But this soy craze thing is so weird to me. My DH looked up whether or not Ben could eat cheese. The site said he could have a little bit and if at all possible make it soy based. He's a rat for crying out loud. Why would soy base be better, that's not a cheese they would just get their little hands on if they were fending for themselves. Well he won't get it here, he'll have to live with good old cheese. I hope you don't get any kind of reaction.

OK, I'm off to start my day with this crazy family. I wish the weather was nice so I could wear light clothes. I want the doctor to be impressed with my weight loss, but then he hasn't seen me in over 6 months, I'm sure he'll notice something. I'll check back later to let you all know how it went.

Have a wonderful and healthy day

Last edited by mamakat; 02-02-2012 at 06:45 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

mamakat A sandwich without the bread is just not the same?? A couple years back when I was following Atkins I used to ask restaurant waitresses for a grilled cheese with out the bread You are right. Without the bread it's just not the same.

Well, you all were correct. A lot of my weight gain from that 18 day pig out that I went on was water retention. I am down 7 pounds from yesterday!

Lets see now, I gained 10 pounds during the 18 days and lost 7 pounds since yesterday. It would appear that my actual weight gain was 3 pounds and the rest was water weight??

Could it be possible that I was that lucky???

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #86  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Larry Mmm, grilled cheese sandwich. I've been craving that for two full months now. All I talk about is grilled cheese sandwiches. I'll have to ask around if it's possible without the bread Cheese alone never sounds good to me. Slap it on bread or a cracker and I think I'm at a party

Glad for the 7lbs loss. It sure does help the mind, doesn't it?
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #87  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone! I'm off and running today.

Had a great day on plan yesterday. Will repeat today. (Sounds like shampoo directions!)

Have a great day everyone. Will read your posts later.
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #88  
Melissa

Morning all, scale is up AGAIN. I hate this time of the month! Grrr... but, oh well, that's the way it goes. I knew it was going to happen when I was in bed, after taking off a pair of socks 5 hours previously, after exercising 1.5 hours, after taking a long soak in the tub and the marks were still there. The marks from the athletic socks were there for over an hour too... and then I fell asleep.

going to try a new fitness class tonight, Ballroom Fitness Endurance. A friend said it's great, so I'll try.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Diana How are you feeling after this morning after the new restaurant? I hope all is well. I was a bit shocked you said you wiped or drained, not sure the term you used, the butter from the veg. That's a lot of butter. It's funny in this day and age the way some restaurants change how they cook and others seem to shrug it off. But this soy craze thing is so weird to me. My DH looked up whether or not Ben could eat cheese. The site said he could have a little bit and if at all possible make it soy based. He's a rat for crying out loud. Why would soy base be better, that's not a cheese they would just get their little hands on if they were fending for themselves. Well he won't get it here, he'll have to live with good old cheese. I hope you don't get any kind of reaction.
Mamakat I hope everything goes OK with your appointment today. OOPS! I don't think I expressed myself well, after that traffic fiasco I went through. No, there wasn't that much butter stuff in there. It was mostly water/vegetable juice. I still drained as much of everything as I could, though. I have found that even if the veggies are "steamed" they still put something on them. That's why I have been sticking to places that cook to order rather than cafeteria style. I can request my foods to be cooked a certain way. Right now I am feeling OK. If I have a reaction, I won't notice it until later today/tonight or tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. My gain today could have been from sodium and/or TTOM, not necessarily from a reaction. I never thought it would come a day that I would be grateful for a sodium gain. Anything is better than an allergic reaction.

I have been thinking about things. I have always been a foodie. We plan our vacations around food, restaurants, eating events, etc. I totally LOVE food. Now, I am to the point that I am literally scared of food because of the effect it can have on me. I am truly wondering if this "food allergy" can be part of a bigger plan for me. (Hey I have to think about the positives about my situation ) Of course I will always have to focus on my food choices and calories, but there is little room for error when it comes to eating off plan. I can still eat off plan but I have to make sure the foods are "safe" for me. I can't just go out and eat crazy for the fun of it for one day. I have to really plan to make sure I won't pay the price for weeks. I don't know if my explanation makes any sense. Bottom line is that it might keep me on track a little more than if I didn't have this allergy. I'm thinking the Lord is working on me with how I think about food. He knows I don't have enough sense to address this on my own.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-02-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #90  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Mamakat I hope everything goes OK with your appointment today. OOPS! I don't think I expressed myself well, after that traffic fiasco I went through. No, there wasn't that much butter stuff in there. It was mostly water/vegetable juice. I still drained as much of everything as I could, though. I have found that even if the veggies are "steamed" they still put something on them. That's why I have been sticking to places that cook to order rather than cafeteria style. I can request my foods to be cooked a certain way. Right now I am feeling OK. If I have a reaction, I won't notice it until later today/tonight or tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. My gain today could have been from sodium and/or TTOM, not necessarily from a reaction.

I have been thinking about things. I have always been a foodie. We plan our vacations around food, restaurants, eating events, etc. I totally LOVE food. Now, I am to the point that I am literally scared of food because of the effect it can have on me. I am truly wondering if this "food allergy" can be part of a bigger plan for me. (Hey I have to think about the positives about my situation ) Of course I will always have to focus on my food choices and calories, but there is little room for error when it comes to eating off plan. I can still eat off plan but I have to make sure the foods are "safe" for me. I can't just go out and eat crazy for the fun of it for one day. I have to really plan to make sure I won't pay the price for weeks. I don't know if my explanation makes any sense. Bottom line is that it might keep me on track a little more than if I didn't have this allergy. I'm thinking the Lord is working on me with how I think about food. He knows I don't have enough sense to address this on my own.
I would totally stop eating out except on special occasions and then research the heck out of it before going out. The risk would be too much for me to want to eat out, quite honestly.

I was just thinking about my husband's cousin's wife about this the other day. She is deathly allergic to tree nuts (not peanuts) and going out to eat for her is so scary. She does it, but has to be so cautious - even when eating at other people's homes and so on. That would be enough reason to like NEVER eat out at restaurants that even have nuts on the menu! And then, as you have discovered, you don't know what oils they use.

But that is me.... I would probably cook up a large batch of something at home for the meat/main part and chop up the veggies on a weekend day when I had time and then reheat and cook the veggies at home. You would have way more time on your hands too. Eating out takes a LOT of time - more time than cooking a similar meal at home.

I'm a foodie too - I LOVE food. I can't afford the calories or the $ to eat out, which is why I learned to cook it at home. Not everyone can learn to like it though, I understand that.