Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #181  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Another random .2 up on the scale - pretty much following my normal pre-ovulation pattern. Why does it have to be that way??? How it is possible to eat right and exercise and gain day after day? It's so weird and then a big WHOOSH of all that darn water when the hormones calm back down. I always think, "Maybe this month I can do enough to not allow any gain". Well, the best I've managed is keeping it about 2 lbs of a gain - that's it! LOL
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #182  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

redballoon come right in

solar I hope you enjoy dancing those calories away

Diana good morning. I crashed last night and don't even remember taking my nightly snack(20 pills) I thought I heard mumbling (DH went to a corduroy party so I can't be sure) in the middle of the night, but I couldn't be bothered. When I woke to take the thyroid pill, I saw that indeed I took last nights stuff too. I must have been tired I hope you have a relaxing day.

Good morning to all those who haven't woken up yet. The sun is up, time to get moving. That means me too. All this talk of walking and exercising and I still haven't done it again.

Like I thought I drove here and there many times yesterday. I have three loads of laundry to fold and put away. And still I have not caught up. Argh, I really can't miss a day let alone a week!

So DH had a corduroy party last night which meant he had to wear corduroy. He asked me to hit the second hand stores. At one I found two pair of decent size 16 pants and a red sweater...is winter, I can always use a sweater. When I got home I put the pants on...I was shocked. Nope, they didn't fit, well they did, sort of. I could get them both on easily; butt and thighs no prob. It was the belly. As squishy as it is, its still needs to lose some. The funny thing is my belly was never my problem, sure it was fat, but I had to buy pants to get over my butt and then I'd have a huge waist band. SO I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this. I'm happy that I'll be in those pants by next week and that my butt and thighs are shrinking But I hate flabby belly...and I worry after 4 surgeries, it's not going to snap back. Oh well we'll see.

Got a compliment or a notice. My DS has a friend who is 6'2-4" and like 250. He's been working hard to lose weight. He and I tell each other our strategies and what not. Well on Friday out of the blue he tells me, you know all that weight I lost, I gained it all back. I told it was a hard change (especially at that age). He said I looked good. I told him I made it to the teens and he just shouted he wanted to be there. I told he could be too if he just worked on it. It's sort of weird for me to be a kind of role model in this department. But it's nice too, as no one in my family appreciates the efforts, you know?

Side note: DH is still losing weight and eating low carb. He had me buy a jacket b/c he didn't think he could wear his pants. Luckily both of them together looked nice...he fit
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #183  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Mama Congrats on the compliment and for being a WL role model!

Berry I used to gain 5-10 pounds during TTOM. If I can keep it below 3 now, I am happy.

happyday Congrats on the pound!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-12-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Saturday!

Another birthday and the office party down, one birthday to go. I did fine at the birthday at an itialian place...had the chicken ceasar salad (which was darn small considering the $7.00 price). The office dinner party took some planning...I ate some salmon and peas & corn before we left, so I wasn't starving when I got there. I drank only diet coke (I'm not a big drinker, so no loss there), and then chose small portions of only those things I really wanted (i.e., skipped the red potatos, corn muffins, etc.). I did try one of each of the 3 desserts, but kept my portions small. I didn't feel deprived and I felt really good about myself. I have no idea how many calories I consumed, but it wasn't outrageous. I haven't weighed today, as the scale is lying to me right now. I'm afraid to confess to some of you ladies who gain a bunch of weight during TTOM because I always lose 1-3 pounds during TTOM and then gain it back. Yesterday I was down 2 pounds and I don't trust it. Today is a chore day (MamaKat--LAUNDRY!).

Kayla: Hope you're doing well staying on plan. :

Star: I'm so upset for you. I can feel your frustration and disapointment. I'm sorry they didn't give you the job. I hope your'e doing ok. And I hope your weekend drags too! Glad to hear your DD's nose is on th mend.

K9: Hope you had a good Friday night at work. That video link was crazy-weird!

Solar: Your dinner sounds good. I used to make something similar, but haven't in many years because DH developed a shellfish allergy. Glad you got your hug! And congrats on a successful project presentation!!!

HappyDay: Welcome and congrats on your loss already!!

Berry: Sorry about usual weight gain. But at least since you recognize the pattern so you know it's not a permanent gain.

Vixsin: I'm sorry you're striggling. The first right thing you did was come here! Gold's Gym sounds crazy...I wouldn't have stayed either! Having access to a trainer is enviable! Wish I had it. Your turkey sounds good...I do slow cooking of my turkey too. Actually, last year I accidently put the turkey breast side down on the rack and realized it after a couple hours cooking. So we struggled with it, but managed to turn it back over and finish cooking. Turned out to be the very best, juiciest turkey I ever had! I plan to do it on purpose next time I make a turkey

Mamakat: Glad you got so sleep in Friday...I love to too, but hardly ever do. So proud of you for having not just one, but TWO random conversations. And you took a "break" from laundry...Good Job! A corduroy party? Never heard of it...what do you do...just wear corduroy? Don't worry about your belly...I'm sure it's shrinking too. It's got to feel good to be in smaller sizes. How cool that you're a role model and inspiration, particularly to a young person. All we can do is set a good example and keep encouraging them.

MustardFan: Congrats on the smaller size. I haven't bought any new clothes recently, hoping I'll go down a size (or at least fit into the tight things I have).

Diane: It's only been recently I put two and two together--PMS and insomnia. But yea, it sucks...being tired and not able to sleep. Of course we're not weird...we're special!

Still: Congrats again on the loss! An all-time low is so exciting!! DD loved her "Balloon Mobile" and is still driving it around filled with balloons.

RedBalloon: Welcome! The more the merrier!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

@mamakat Thanks I did enjoy zumba today it was a lot of fun! Also omg I have so much laundry to fold too, at least three loads. These are just my clothes for my boyfriend and me. I do laundry twice a week. 1-3 on the weekend and then just 1 midweek (for my gym clothes). Oh also, yes I just went down a pant size (a week ago?) because my butt was very saggy in the larger size, anyway in the smaller size, my butt and thighs fit but my waist is a little tight, so not too much muffin top but just a little. It's like do I want a little belly or do I want pants that make my butt non existant? Ah sizes are weird, let's hope we lose some belly fat soon!

@Moondance Woo, yeah my presentation went great! I am still happy about it today. There were plenty of left overs, even though I didn't buy too many mussels. We still have a little left, but sadly I never get too excited about leftovers. Today is chore day over here too!

Woo so yes I went to zumba this morning and I was dripping in sweat when the hour was over. We had a different teacher today and she was intense! Ah after that, I did core conditioning which was all difficult ab work but not a huge calorie burning type class. Then I took a shower at the gym, and bought a delicious but small salad at this make your own salad type of place.

Laundry time for me!
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #186  
Life is about balance

A quick afternoon check

solarplant sounds like zumba and strength training were awesome, I'm glad. That sounds like a lot of laundry for just two people. laundry, can't live without it. I've yet to even look at it today...I will, I will

moondance yep, you guessed it, you wear corduroy. The guy throwing the party is artsy. We associate with a lot of artsy people (when I say we, I mean DH). It was actually a holiday (unrecognized on calendar, but DH found it on the internet). At 11.11 last night they all made wishes. It was like a New Years party, I guess. I did not go.

While walking today, DH told me that one of his friends touched him from behind, she was trying to guess who he was before looking at his face (weird). He told her, my wife would not be okay with this. She's a hoot, so it's okay, but I'm so glad I wasn't there. I don't think I'd survive that kind of touching I'd faint straight away. He sounded like he had a good time, I'm glad.

Also while walking several police patrolled our path. Turns out two rapes occurred in the last two days. Also two people approached middle school age kids this past week, right in my neighborhood. SO police are on high alert here. DH made me promise no more walking in the dark. I'm thinking I should look into pepper spray as well, but not even sure it's legal here. So morning or afternoon walks, or stay home and workout in my gym. It's getting chilly out anyway.

Well I'm off to fold laundry. I have dishes to do too. That's not even one of my chores Have a wonderful evening everyone
Old 11-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 178/175/138

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! So I did "okay" my first 5 days on the Wonderslim plan. I actually pretty much stayed within my calories (trying to stay within 1200 calories/day NET to lose 2 lbs/week), UNTIL last night.

I knew we were going to Chili's for dinner Fri night (my husband is a veteran and they were doing free meals for veterans), and so I worked out for over an hour and planned ahead what I was going to eat. When we got there, his friend we were meeting was running behind and then got pulled over for having a headlight out soooo we ordered the "healthiest" appetizer (bottomless chips and salsa), but refilled it like 3 times!! There were 3 of us, but still I must have consumed at least 500 calories in Chips and Salsa :-( Then I ordered a Cobb Salad, which would've been fine and kept me in the calorie range I needed to be in (if I hadn't overindulged on the chips out of sheer boredom and impatience.)

Did good this morning, went to kickboxing, had my normal shakes and supplements. Then lunch time rolls around and I realize I still have some BAKED Cheetos in the house (addicting to me). Ate the whole bag, which is over 1300 calories with my 70 calories WonderSlim chicken and noodle soup. I have issues and a LONG way to go!!! So dissapointed in myself!
ashkunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #188  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Checking in. Have a great weekend everyone!
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #189  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

ashkunc Try to get rid of the foods that cause you problems and get right back on track.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disastrous I tell you! I made some mahi tacos for dinner tonight. I didn't put much seasoning on the mahi. I wanted to keep my sodium low. Everything was good until I decided that I wanted more flavor and started putting taco sauce all over my tacos. That was a total brain fart, thank you very much. Taco sauce/Mexican food does crazy things to me. I will definitely see a gain tomorrow morning. I will have to keep an eye on my sodium this week. Next weekend is DH's and my anniversary. We are going to my favorite steakhouse. I don't like my weight bouncing around too much when I plan to eat off plan. On top of that, I think TTOM will be starting this week.

Total Approx 1775 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (360 calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
Steamed broccoli 125 calories

Dinner (1050 Calories)
2 tortillas 200 calories
1/4 c. 2% sharp cheddar cheese 80 calories
2 different sauces 100 calories
grilled mahi 270 calories
lettuce/tomato 50 calories
1/8 apple pie 350 calories

Exercise:
Cathe's Kick Max w/weighted gloves
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #190  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Don't have much time tonight, but the bodypump class today was HARD. The routines usually have a break for a few seconds in the reps, but this guy didn't give those. Plus, I think he chose the hardest songs from past releases to really push us. By the end, I couldn't even do all the crunches and I NEVER have problems doing the ab work in bodypump. I was just SPENT. But, that means I did enough. Not sore yet, but we'll see how I feel tomorrow morning.

Eating was fine today. I WANTED to eat more for dinner, but didn't. It was way yummy! Mmmm.... Even MIL took seconds. But she told DH that she's missing beans. Instead of her OFFERING to make us beans sometime soon, Sven relayed the message to me, so I'll make some beans soon. Which is OK with me too, but now I'm taking food orders? Egad... But... we should be eating more beans anyway, so I'll comply.

BUSY day tomorrow with ending the silent auction I'm running, teaching Sunday School and running a service project. I'll be wiped out tomorrow with no exercise. Monday I'll do some spinning I think.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #191  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Hey everyone! I'm still around and still working at it. You know how it is where you have a few bad days and then you're too embarrassed to come back? It happened to me on DF's birthday weekend. I got back on track with counting my calories, but I stopped coming here. And then the longer I was gone the harder it was to come back.

I've been having some stalls and I quit smoking two days ago after attempting C25K and feeling like my lungs were going to explode. This has been really hard, but today was easier than yesterday. It's not having the after-meal cigarettes that are killing me. I'm at 232.2, even though I did see 229.8 once.

Not a whole lot going on in my life lately. We're having my son evaluated for ADHD (I think I mentioned before that we suspected it) and I should have the results and treatment ideas soon. I found a place to take him for behavioral therapy that I like a lot better than the last place we went. We never saw the same doctor twice! My daughter now walks more than she crawls. She's waving bye, playing peekaboo, and blowing kisses. It makes me wish I had done baby sign language with her like I did with my son.

I'm trying new recipes (like we had chicken cordon bleu tonight, never made it before)...I think I saw that K9 posted about the squash bake. The link you posted sounds good, but I think I like mine with allspice the best. We had it again tonight

I'm going easy on myself when it comes to eating at a deficit and watching the scale since I'm not smoking anymore. I'm just trying really hard to stay at least a little under maintenance. I adjusted my goals on MFP so that I'm losing 1.5lb a week instead of 2.

So, hello everyone! I've missed all of you (though I've still been talking to some on MFP). I hope everyone has been doing well with their plans and that Halloween didn't screw anyone up too badly.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:49 AM   #192  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Oh, I also have some NSVs to share. I'm now wearing a size 16w, down from a possible 24 when I started in May. I was squeezing myself into size 22s in denial, but I was probably a 24 or maybe even a 26. But I can now wear 16w comfortably.

A week or two ago I realized I could feel my collar bones and when I lay down I can feel my ribs.

I'm also finally noticing the difference myself. I caught sight of myself in the mirror and couldn't believe how small I looked to myself. I mean, I'm still not small, but I was noticeably smaller.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #193  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

redballoon - You can do this, and having support helps

happyday - That's excellent! Great job!

Moondance - Thank you so much. And yes, DD's nose is healing nicely I am trying like heck to move on from the disappointment, but this is now a year and a month that I have been applying for jobs within the company to move - and this one was under supervisors who KNOW what I actually accomplish, and if they won't even hire me, I have had to face the fact I am moving nowhere fast there. Needless to say, been kind of hiding out. Fitting in workouts, watching what I eat... just secluding myself a bit with the family - reorganizing my thoughts

solarplant - sounds like you got in a super workout! Awesome!

Mamakat - I am glad the police are patrolling the area more heavily at least. Scary thought that things like that can happen so close to home

ash - I am so sorry! Best advice is to get the junk out and keep it out. Look at how hard you are working though, don't be too hard on yourself, for today is a new day (and now the Cheetohs are gone)

Melissa - Don't be hard on your body for the gain during this time... at least you know your pattern and that you will end up in the losing column

shish - you are quitting smoking, it's not an easy task... be easy on yourself and save the embarrassment for if you tuck your skirt into your undies Great job on the NSVs!!!

As for me - still trying to work through disappointment (not with weight/fitness) and been hiding out a bit. Working out, staying on task for eating (tough one, but did manage to do it), and just trying to get through my own thoughts. I get weird like this when things pile up too much on me, but I pull out. I need that seclusion, that time - it helps keep me thinking logically instead of allowing the emotions to overpower. The sleep thing isn't working out too well though, slept a few hours thanks to Melatonin, but back up now. I will say, big step for me not to turn to a comfort food at this time (these were the moments where large weight gain would happen in short spurts... I never eat much UNTIL something like this pushes me over...then with a turtle-paced metabolism, on goes 5-7Lbs)... and instead I have made sure to go get some fruits and such to have at my fingertips and when it's frustration, I am working it out. Still letting my body be my judge on what happens like I used to - only now it's grapes, not raspberry danish... it's a workout instead of crying/eating.... seems to be working well
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #194  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile

Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone! This thread gets SO much traffic though, I am never going to be able to keep up. I'll try though!

Today so far, and it's nearly 8 p.m. Sunday here already, has been good! I've been good. Watched the food, went to the gym, walked, and ate stuff I'd frozen but recently don't eat when I should. So, this was a good day. :

Diana -- Thanks for the welcome! And congrats on your weight loss! Pretty dog! Wow, I just looked at your weight stats. You have lost a lot! Wow! Magnificent!!! Three cheers!

happy day -- Thank you. Good on the pound loss! Sounds like you're right on track!

mamakat -- Thanks for the welcome! Congratulations on your weight loss! So many people are doing so well! I am going to have to kick A!

Moondance -- Thanks! A Van Morrison fan perhaps? I just put it on in your honor.

Well, I've got to turn in. Up early Monday. Hello to everyone I didn't personally say hi to! Hope to get to know you all better soon.

Last edited by redballoon; 11-13-2011 at 07:03 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #195  
Life is about balance

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana How are you doing? Did the taco sauce do any damage...once again you should have given me a heads up on what you were about to say...Brain fart, for some reason, made me laugh hysterically I do hope though all is well.

Shish glad you're back! I'm glad you are quitting smoking too. It's very hard to do and I'm proud of you. I wish you, much success. Awesome job on the NSVs. Keep up the great work.

ItsMyTurn you inspire. Egads, I would have turned to cake days ago. I would have been in a funk, raging at anyone and everyone, not exercising one bit, but you...you turned it into a positive. I so get needing alone time to think things out. Sometimes its just safer to separate, that way you won't lash out and others won't be hurt (feelings). Again, smart thinking...that never happens in my family as no one ever leaves me alone I'm glad you didn't have to run away from home, like me. You can get through this, that I'm sure of.

ashkunc sorry about the bad days, we all have them. I agree with the others, you should oust the unhealthy snacks. Neither you nor your DH needs them, so you shouldn't bring them in...they only tempt and destroy. You've got to police yourself when your in a "sane" moment so that when you go "insane" for the bad stuff, they're not handy. Don't beat yourself up. In order to learn, sometimes we must make mistakes, right?

As usual no plans for me. Its gloomy out so chances are no 4 mile walk. DH's hip went out yesterday. I talked him through it. He told me where the pain was and how it was moving. I told him where to expect it Then he proceeded to fall asleep half on half off the bed. SO I don't that kid has it in him to do any form of exercise I think I'll bike today or maybe elliptical. I'll do something.

Right now however, another chapter has been whirling in my head, keeping me up all stinking night. I didn't get up as I know clicking on the keyboard drives me crazy, I didn't want to disturb DH. So I'm off to write. To be a novel, you must have 150k words. I'm already to 80k. Not bad. I haven't written anything let alone a novel since 2008. I was worried it was gone...meds sometimes do that. Writing has always been my world, til the kids came along, then it became number 2. Then when I had the hand surgeries, and they didn't work, ugh, I got scared. SO I can't express how elated I am that it's back, and I'm back ((happy dance)). But it does keep me from other things.

I confess I never got to the laundry yesterday! Man, I will never ever catch up.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.