Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #166  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

mamakat - rant away, nice to not feel alone. I am so irrate, and yet stuck here doing my dang job all day. Haven't run back into either of them since that took place this morning and hoping I don't. This company seems to constantly string me and now... I have passed upset, gone by hurt, stomped on sad and have been in a ticked off frame of mind since the meeting. It took TWO of you to tell me no???? You didn't respect me enough to stop making me stress and just tell me when I asked??? I don't understand, it doesn't make sense to me. You want to keep me so you treat me like this??? See? No need to stop the rant, been doing since... I have taken more Ritalin than normal to try and counter it and it isn't helping... my leg is bouncing and I am HOT! Called my mom from here to tell her too...she is hot too... she was like... you give them your all, jump in whenever they need you to clean up messes from other people, and yet you can't catch a break! (She knows from staying with us how often I jump when they need me to). I cannot wait for today to be over...today is not a good day. Sad too, cause it started off great - traffic was flowing wonderfully, was even able to maintain 60-65 on the interstate (usually it's 20-25)... then came in to this... ugh!!!! I will give them this for credit...they have lit a freakin' flame under this girl's butt that rarely gets lit! I am definitely not in a "silver lining" kind of mood...and trying to stay away from comfort food... so that's going to mean a huge workout tonight when I get home... go til I am exhausted to release some of this... whether my body is ready for it or not
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #167  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

ItsMyTurn...here's another because I need to give it as much as you need to receive it. I'm still flaming mad at how they handled this. Ugh...okay another You can do this, when tempted tell yourself "I soooo respect myself more than those jerks." One more
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
Good morning, everyone!

163!!!

yay!

Perfectly on plan day for me yesterday, complete with one hour of cardio.

Doctor visit went great, I am healthy as can be. A far cry from this time last year, so I have a ton to be happy about and thankful for this Thanksgiving season.

I hope you all have a fabulous, on plan day!
Congrats on the 163 and being healthy!!

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #169  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Thank you, everyone! I haven't seen numbers this low in forever! I just hope I don't let myself play the mind games with myself, and lose all this progress I've made!

ItsMyTurn- That is so ! I am mad for you, too! They totally strung you along, and for what? I am so sorry it went this way. No turning to food- definitely let this out with a screamin' awesome workout! No need to let them derail you.

Vixsin- and :hugs:. You can totally do this. The first step is to recognize that you're shaky, which you've done. Just keep rockin it out, lady! You can do this!

Moondance- yay for conquering birthday number 1! Happy birthday to your DD- what did she say about all those balloons??

MustardFan- hi! Yay for fitting into 8's! That is awesome- I can't wait to join you there!

mamakat- Holy cow, you social butterfly, you! That's awesome!

jomatho- I'm with you- I've been doing well in calories, but not really making the best nutritional choices lately. I need to get my behind in gear and bust out the slow cooker! Yay for getting your bathroom painted!

Melissa- you are doing everything right. Keep it up and the scale must eventually bow to your will.

Diana- How are you doing, well into your early day? Did the pot of coffee do its job? I'm going to be just like that tomorrow- its a Saturday but I have to be to work at 6:45 am to go to a conference. I'm totally grabbing coffee on the way.

happyday- welcome! You are starting out pretty much where I was, and with a similar goal. This is a wonderful place to be. Everyone is awesome!

solarplant- glad you got your hug.

Krystal- how are the abs coming?

Kayla- hello!

ruth135- hello! How is your day going?

Hello to everyone I might have missed! Hope you all are rockin it out today! I know I am!

Oh, and happy Friday! Happy Veterans Day! And last but not least, happy Ultimate Wish day!
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #170  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

mamakat - thank you. I am determined to keep the fire under my butt lit, but direct that towards something positive. The best spite is to silently use the emotion towards something good and not give them the satisfaction of knowing how this effected me

Still - I am glad you are seeing numbers that have been strangers to ya It's about time you got reacquainted!!! Thank you also for the encouragement... I keep telling myself I will bust out a kickin' workout tonight.. it will do me good and help keep me in check.
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 179/179/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi Still! THank you so much for the welcome.....I am having a very hard time kicking pregnancy weight ( Its been 3 years) I was just wondering was there anything that seemed to kick start your weight loss? Do you calorie count? Thanks so much!
happyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #172  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Itsmyturn I am SOOOOOOOO sorry. I watched my best friend go through something similar. She kept applying internally for over 5 years and kept getting passed over. I ached for her so bad, but she was able to find the determination to show them that they were wrong and eventually, yes eventually she got the job internally and now she is uber happy.

Since I used to work with a lot of mediation stuff in universities, I tend to try to look at things from all angles. Of course, i can't know your exact situation, but my guess is that they felt really bad for passing over you again. They probably waited for the other person to accept before turning you down (again), but they are also trying to keep you because they do feel you are a great asset. I believe they truly believe that, but they had to choose and that someone else very well could have had an edge over you (more experience, military, minority, special skills you don't have and they do, etc - all of that can and does come into play with hiring). But that doesn't mean they don't like you. And it was probably very close and a very hard decision for them to make. I don't think they were trying to jack you around... just trying to make the best decisions they could for the company and the people involved. (I've done hiring too - it's never easy).

The best thing you can do, yes, is to keep proving your worth and well, keeping your options open. remember, you owe this job nothing, so if there is something better that turns up, snap it up. You owe yourself something - not anyone else outside your family. Hugs to you... I know it's hard.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Monday: 1595 calories.
Tuesday: 797 calories
Wednesday:974 cals and 180 exercise cals.
Thursday: 1702
Friday: 1103

My cal goal is 1400 a day. This week has been really uneven due to my sleeping issues messing up my schedule.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #174  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

happyday- I do calorie count, and its been vital to my weight loss. I use a calorie counter (MFP) on my iPod touch so I can calorie count wherever I go. I also have decreased my sugar intake by a ton (I was a sugar junkie). Exercise is huge for me as well- I've noticed that working out (average 3x/week) plus calorie counting does way more for me than just counting. And finally (and sometimes most important) I come here and hang out in this thread! What's your plan?
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #175  

HI Still - I absolutely love that I found this thread, its so motivating to see everyones accomplishments and for me to be accountable daily. I think thats been my problem in the past is that I watch my diet for a few days then go back to old eating habits. Thank you for telling me whats working for you. Currently I just found an aerobic class which I plan on going to 4 times a week and I also use a stairmaster when I can. I used to be an avid runner but with this extra weight its too much on my knees. I am definatly going to calorie count and exercise and I too am a sugar junkie sometimes I dont even realize how much sugar I am eating during the day but I will for sure become more accountable for that as well. congrats on your weight loss thats wonderful!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #176  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quick post since it's so late. I have a couple more things to do before bed. I will have more time to keep up with everyone tomorrow.

Itsmyturn Keep thinking positive!

Still Yep, the coffee got me through!

Total Approx 1540 +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Turkey wrap 400 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories
ice cream 200 calories

Exercise:
Slim Series Tear It Up w/5's, 8's, & 10's
TF HIIT 25

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-11-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I just did an awesome job at replying to this thread on the wrong thread.

I fixed it and let me copy paste what I really wrote here:

@Itsmyturn Ugh, I'm sorry. Your employer sucks. If you are so important, they should give you what you want!

Today I presented my project to the director at the large company. It went very well. I should get some paperwork here soon.

Otherwise, today no exercise for me. Tomorrow i'm going to go to zumba twice! At 8 am and 9AM, wooo dancing.

Tonight food wise, I had some cereal and yogurt for breakfast, a chicken salad sans dressing for lunch, and we went to get indian food for dinner. I made sure to not over eat. I tried a little of the two dishes we had, no rice, and had about 1 naan. I think overall, today was not a horrible calorie day. I knew we were going out to dinner so I had a light lunch.
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #178  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi, people. I'm looking for support. Trying to lose about 40 lbs and just feeling discouraged because...oh, you know the usual. I've lost and gained the same 10 lbs over and over again. My weight stabilizes at about 72 kg or a bit more. From mid-October I've lost a whopping 1.8 kg, about 4 lbs and though it was good to do that, I am in that danger area of not being happy with the little I've taken off and ready to just crumble into my usual state of "Oh, what's the point?"

Don't know if you welcome new people, but thought I'd ask....
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:27 AM   #179  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

Well, I went to be too late and woke up too early.

Weigh In: 144.2
Down: 1.2 pounds

solarplant Congrats on your project! Enjoy your Zumba class today!

redballoon Hi and Welcome!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #180  

Hello everyone....I am down my first pound Its a nice way to start the weekend yesterday I ate 1600 calories and exercised on stairmaster burning 250 calories.....

welcome red balloon I too just joined and am really enjoying the thread!