Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Today I woke up not feeling too great. The boyfriend and I had a small fight last night and i'm always anxious until we have our make up hug in the morning.

On a plus, the scale said 175.0 today! Yay! I have been working out extra as I mentioned the last few days. Last night, I went to the run group and did 3 miles with them. This morning i'm going to go to rowing and zumba at the gym like I did on Tuesday.

Off to the gym, will report back later.
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

Today is my oldest DD's 18th birthday. She has grown into such a beautiful, smart, loyal, funny, and caring person. She is truly one of my best friends and I am so thankful everyday to be blessed with her! DD#2 and I filled her car with 100 balloons last night. There's barely room for her in the driver's seat! We wrote on her windows with special markers. She loved it! Her picture is below.

This weekend will be a test of sorts for me: 3 birthday celebrations and 1 work "End of Year" celebration dinner. I've got plans though, so I'm optimistic about success!

Diane: I don't know if I'd call myself a "coffee lover", but I do enjoy and rely on my 2 cups in the morning. Our favorite coffee is a Hawaiian brand, Kona, french vanilla. Mmmm. $$$$!!! My MIL drinks coffee like you used to...and still won't sit still. I wonder if she's ADHD...

Star: I can't imagine the emotional rollercoaster you must have been on with your premie. So glad to know it all turned out great! I've asked my DD's to stop growing too. See above for how well they're listening! I can't believe you've got to wait another day. My feet hurt from standing on these pins and needles! I'm always optimistic about these things...2 or 3 for sure!

K9: Wow...wish I could keep your hours! If I were to live by my body clock rhythms, I would go to bed at midnight, waking at about 8:00 am. Mmm...Sbux skinny vanilla!!!

Still: Milky Way Mocha???? OMG, I would LOVE that! Fortunately for me, I'm not willing to give up that many calories for one drink! Congrats on the new low!!! How great that you just keep losing!! "Mommy mediumlegs" how precious is that! I hope you write it down somewhere to remember when he's older. Good luck at the Dr's.

Mamakat: [QUOTE=mamakat;4103018...it makes me see once again that exercise is the key.[/QUOTE] Please keep reminding us (me!) of this fact. I can't seem to get my xxx in motion! Sorry to hear about your hip. Its sounds like it would really hurt! Don't aggravate it by doing too much laundry (there...does that get you off the hook a little?).

Berry: The story about your son is wonderful! It must be so thrilling and fill you with pride to see him grow like that. I agree w/Star: tell your MIL to shove it. Okay, not really, but you can think it! Your ability to stay within your calorie limits is impressive. You should be proud of yourself too! Sounds like you've got a winning plan.

Jomatho: I hope the color turns out right. What a pain to have to re-paint. but I know what you mean about having it right or bugging you forever. As for the scale...whatever it takes to keep you on plan is just right for you! Don't think of it as an addition, but a verification tool.

Ruth: I'll bet the Smokey's are wonderful. I've never been. Somehow, I have the feeling all your hiking will offset any chili and coke you may have indulged in!

Solar: Sorry you're fighting with the BF. Have a blast with the Zumba!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0576resize2.jpg (88.9 KB, 12 views)
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #138  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday did not go well .. Thank you to those who sent me the postive thoughts/comments, it meant a lot. Today is a brand new day though and I'm not off to horrible start.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal - 160 calories.
1 slice bacon - 70 calories
Diet hot coco - 25 calories

Lunch:
Subway - 380 calories

Snack:
chocolate - 134 calories.

Dinner:
Personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut - 610 calories --- The fiance and I are having a friend over and we want to order pizza. I figured this way I'd just eat mine and they could get their own (with toppings I don't like, so I won't eat any of it). And probably TMI but I'm hoping it will help me go to the bathroom, haven't gone nearly enough this week :/

Total calories: 1384. Shouldn't have had the bacon or the chocolate...oh well. I'm going to try and go for a jog before it gets dark after work. Hopefully my darn asthma cooperates with me. I need to get running!

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 11-10-2011 at 01:23 PM.
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #139  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Solarplant - So sorry you all had a tiff - that sucks. I am so happy for your seeing that number on the scale though! How awesome!!!!!

Moondance - I have 2 disabled children... for the first 13 yrs of parenting I had a nonstop emotional rollercoaster... but wouldn't trade them for the world! They are all getting older though and wow... your DH is older then my DS by a month I am sooooo not ready for the 18 to officially hit, but he is still in high school, so at least have some kind of guarantee he will stick around Your daughter is gorgeous and you are doing amazing handling the official adult age!!!!! Good luck keeping your smart choices during the tests of temptation!!!!

Kayla - you are totally keeping your head girl, so that means these are just stumbling blocks. The key to success is being able to turn stumbling blocks into stepping stones You got this!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #140  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Nikki: Congrats on your new low!!! So happi for you. for a super MD report!

Star: "Friday Eve" BOOOOO! It's my weekend to work. I am hoping for a quick Fri/Sat

Melissa: your MIL is fascinating to me. The more I hear about her the funny she sounds and the more OPPOSITE the 2 of you sound! I want to be as optimistic as you about the Thanksgiving Lunch selection, but I LOVE sweet potatoes and all the other starchy veggies that my deep-rooted Southern family and I make!

Jo: my Dahling on your new low. If you didn't get the link that I posted on MFP, here it is again SEXI & I KNOW IT
OMGosh this vid is over the top, but just do the lyrics
I remember when DH and I were redoing our entire house in paint/paper/renovations, I thought OH MY, NEVER again. UGH! I feel your pain!

MamaKat: No way I could wait 2 weeks to do laundry. I have 3 pet peeves: laundry,dishes, and trash--neither of the 3 can overflow!

Diana: I see you are approching the low end of your GW

Ruth: I LOVE going to TGSM! DH has family that lives in Knoxville. We usually go at least 1 or 2 times a yr. Last yr we went to Ober and skied for the first time. I had a BLAST! Hope you have fun!

Moondance: Hope you and your DD have a lovely day. She is a beautiful young lady!

Kayla: sorry your having a rough time right now with your cals. I COMPLETELY know the feeling!

SolarPlant: Gosh, I wanna come to your workouts! You're kicking it, gf! Keep it up!

Ok everyone, for real--Shishkeberry posted a recipe for this Butternut Squash, Apple, Cranberry Bake you MUST try it. I made it today to see if I would like to serve it at Thanksgiving....uhm, yeah..I might eat the entire dish myself! DELISH!! I used Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of allspice, mace, or nutmeg & I also added 1/2 c walnuts!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 11-10-2011 at 03:51 PM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #141  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - I am sorry you are working a weekend Blah! I hope your weekend goes by swiftly but mine drags, LOL! I have been putting in way too many hours lately and I really need this weekend
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Phew, so rowing today was great! Zumba was a little disorganized, the music system didn't work so they brought in another one and the instructor just kind of winged it.

After my workout, I stopped at Whole Foods, and got some delicious green beans, baked sweet potato, and a piece of chicken to have for lunch. I brought my bf home lunch too so he was pleased.

I got my hug so we're good. We fight over silly things sometimes and after some sleep we usually feel better.

Tonight for dinner I'm going to cook some mussels and clams in a white wine sauce (no cream based sauce just white wine, shallots, garlic and steam them) and i'll serve it with angel hair pasta! Yummy. I'll just have a small amount. My lunch was kind of large.

I hope everyone has an awesome day!

Last edited by solarplant; 11-10-2011 at 04:57 PM.
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
jomatho how am I ever going to catch up with you if you keep dropping to new lows all the time? So happy for you! And I agree with Mamakat - not sad - just comforting and consistent!
You'll catch me on the second half of the month when I stall out! We seem to lose on the opposite ends of our cycles
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Jo: my Dahling on your new low. If you didn't get the link that I posted on MFP, here it is again SEXI & I KNOW IT
I remember when DH and I were redoing our entire house in paint/paper/renovations, I thought OH MY, NEVER again. UGH! I feel your pain!
OMG! That video is freakin hilarious! I know the song, never saw the video. Not sure I ever want to see it again, but will definitely be showing to oldest DS and DH!
I am going to add that song to my running playlist and think of you every time I hear it. And just for you, when it comes on I am going to bump the speed way up and get my sexy sprint on!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #145  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Calories add up so fast!

Today I ate:

Breakfast: 1 slim jim and one mozzarella stick (my "I'm in a rush but need to eat" breakfast): 220 calories.

Lunch: honeycrisp apple covered in tons of cinnamon and 4 tablespoons of peanut butter: 470 calories.

Dinner: 5-6 ounces of turkey breast, 1 cup of kale, 1/4 cup candied sweet potatoes, tablespoon of cranberry sauce and 2 bowls of homemade corn chowder: 790 calories.

Total for today: 1480 calories.

I still need to exercise as I was on a work phone call when I was supposed to go to the gym, but I'll do strength training for an hour.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #146  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
SEXI & I KNOW IT
OMG! That video is so funny! I know the song, but I've never seen the video. LMFAO was the entertainment on a Halloween Harbor Cruise here. Maybe I should have gone. I bet the concert would have been good. Their other song Party Anthem is good, too.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #147  
Trying to live below 200

Tomorrow is my early day. I need to get up an hour earlier than normal. It will be a full pot + of coffee for tomorrow.

Total Approx 1445 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (705 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 350 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
roasted spaghetti squash 75 calories
1 apple 80 calories

Exercise:
~Cathe's MMA: Boxing w/weighted gloves
~Susan Chung's RapidFire: Results Cardio Explosion Premix w/weighted gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-10-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 179/179/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Need to lose 30 lbs:)

Hello!

I am going to start my weight loss journey and can use some support. I am currently 30 lbs overweight.....please wish me luck!!!
happyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #149  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning and TGIF! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anyone have any plans for the weekend?

As always, my main plan is to do as little as possible.

Today is my early day. I am up an hour earlier than normal. I made a full pot of coffee for myself this morning. No need in suffering.

Weigh In: 145.4
Down: .6

happyday Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #150  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Good morning, everyone!

163!!!

yay!

Perfectly on plan day for me yesterday, complete with one hour of cardio.

Doctor visit went great, I am healthy as can be. A far cry from this time last year, so I have a ton to be happy about and thankful for this Thanksgiving season.

I hope you all have a fabulous, on plan day!
still is offline   Reply With Quote