Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #91  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Jomatho - way to go!!!!! THat is great!!!!!!! And you are sore from painting because you are using different muscles or overusing them. You would be in even worse shape if you weren't fit - and probably wouldn't have gotten as far with the bathroom.

Our master bathroom is brown (has a metallic hint to it) and we LOVE it. Tiles are dark too - feels regal. You'll love it in brown.

But about the mold - is your bathroom vented properly? That is probably worth addressing too so that it doesn't happen again. We discovered in this house that our bathroom vents vented to the attic which is a big no no. Now they are properly vented to the outside.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #92  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning!

Wow! There's already a lot going on this morning! I think the time change is kicking my butt. Today feels like an extra cup of coffee day, but I am going to resist.

It looks like I am getting rid of some of that evil water weight.

I'll be back later to catch up with everyone. Still thinking about that extra cup of Joe.

Weigh In: 146.8
Down: 1.8 pounds
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #93  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Jomatho Yay for the new low. Awesome job. I agree with Berry, you're using different muscles. Painting over your head is great for triceps and shoulders...so painful. I'm glad that your friend acknowledged your weight loss. Sometimes even the smallest, "you look good" is really nice to get. My bathroom was brown when we moved in...I have to say, I hated it. I need color...I'm like a crayola box. Once my house is done (not sure when that'll be) I'll have a color for each room. My DD asked how'd we resell it with so many colors. I said it's next to a beach...problem solved. Have fun painting.

Diana I agree this time change is exhausting. I already miss the sun and I wasn't a sun goddess like Krystal. Enjoy your coffee.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #94  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Good Morning!

Wow! There's already a lot going on this morning! I think the time change is kicking my butt. Today feels like an extra cup of coffee day, but I am going to resist.
Sorry the time change is messing with you and Jomatho. I think we really ought to get a petition going about ending this daylights savings time thing. It just messes us up - that's it. While yes it's nice to wake to some light, it stinks to be dark so darn early!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Jomatho - way to go!!!!! THat is great!!!!!!! And you are sore from painting because you are using different muscles or overusing them. You would be in even worse shape if you weren't fit - and probably wouldn't have gotten as far with the bathroom.

Our master bathroom is brown (has a metallic hint to it) and we LOVE it. Tiles are dark too - feels regal. You'll love it in brown.

But about the mold - is your bathroom vented properly? That is probably worth addressing too so that it doesn't happen again. We discovered in this house that our bathroom vents vented to the attic which is a big no no. Now they are properly vented to the outside.
Yes, we have a fan that is supposedly vented outside, but my step dad is going to go up in the attic one of these days to check it out to make sure something didn't come undone up there. I have a feeling the boys long hot showers and not always turning the fan on have not helped, oh and the fact that I sucked about an inch of dust from the vent cover didn't help either Hoping it is just something simple like that. If we have to, we will replace the fan, but I hardly doubt it is the fan's fault. In the meantime, I bought a product that kills the spores (she said bleach doesn't kill them?), and I am doing 2 coats of the mold inhibiting primer, so hopefully that does it. Never had a problem until a couple months ago. Weird. I hate mold, ick.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #96  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
ItsMyTurn first good morning, I told myself to say hi and then forgot. Second, congrats to your hubby. Third, I hope DD doesn't have a broken nose. Did she get hit by a street ball? About this job interview reply, if it's so late in refusal, then could it maybe be an offer. Why was your boss cryptic? Just say "sorry you didn't get it, the official email is coming tomorrow." Why must you wait on pins and needles? I don't know if you are, but I am!

I hope you have a great day.
First... Hello to you too!!!! Second, thank you so very much It's been awhile since he has had a paying "job" due to needing to quit his last job to tend the kids. He is so excited to be back in the work force! Third - me too! LOL! She was playing basketball with friends at the local court, one of the taller players went up for a rebound and the ball ended up getting driven into her nose. As if that wasn't enough, she turned to go walk off and tripped over her friend's foot, faceplant to the ground on the nose! She is a tough one, but dang... gotta keep hitting the nose???
About the job... tell me about it! Patience is NOT a trait of someone with ADHD and honestly, with the cryptic replies I am trying real hard not to lash out irrationally - IF I stood a chance, that would surely wipe it out. Driving me nuts... just tell me! I will let you know when I find out though..and it's nice to not be the only one aggrevated by this process Thank you for that!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Yea!! After a long dry spell I am down 2 more pounds to 203

My calories yesterday were 1543. Just slightly over my 1500 goal.

My sodium was sky high again at 3288 mg. My DW convinced me to join her at Pizza Hut for lunch. I limited myself to 2 slices which was approximately 2 slices too many. Those two slices of a large meat lovers pan pizza added up to 1060 calories and 2800 mg of sodium. Sure tasted good though.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #98  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Breakfast:
1 slice of bacon
Cinnamon oatmeal

Snack:
Apple slices w/PB

Lunch:
Tuna, mayo, wheat thins

Dinner:
Undecided

Didn't do so well yesterday, so that has me in the dumps a bit

Will stop by later for personals <3
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #99  
Melissa

Jomatho Sounds like you found your culprits - lack of fan being turned on (what is it with teens?) and a dusty fan cover. Seems you probably have found the problems.

Itsmyturn Fingers are crossed for you - just keep a level head and congrats to DH for the job!

mamakat i'm sorry your son is dealing with so much anxiety. Hopefully he can find some strategies to help him out.

Diana3271 So did you resist the extra cup of coffee?

Larry Congrats on 203! You are doing it!!! And maybe next time you want to go out for pizza - stick with cheese or veggie pizza. I was a bit floored at how much better it is in calories and I'm sure similarly with sodium.

As for me - can anyone explain that after 3 weeks of absence from doing step, I found it easy. Now I've been back at it for 1 week (exercised Wed, Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and now Wednesday) and today was SO HARD. I struggled through it - the same routine as last Wednesday. Today was just a struggle from the first step until the last. It makes it hard to want to do it again when I feel so dead afterwards. Now I'm considering not working out tomorrow or doing something lighter to ease up a bit.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

@berryblondeboys When you figure out how to bottle and sell motivation you'll make a fortune.

@ItsMyTurn I hope you hear good news about that job today!

I am working on two different job options. Option A - The 2nd interview one from Monday is for a super small (also new) company and it's a cool role. They have around 10 employees! I'm a little worried job growth might be an issue depending on how quickly this company grows. Anyway after my positive 2nd interview, I should hear back today!

My other job option, Option B - is for a medium sized company (9K employees worldwide so about 5k here in USA) that is established (not super new) and would offer the most $ and also opportunity. I think they would offer the best job growth, and from all my chats with my to-be manager, she seems super supportive of my ultimate career goals. Also the project I have been working on for them has been very exciting. I have learned a lot. I am going to present today all of my project findings and I should find out how my offer is going. I have a verbal offer from these guys, just been waiting on the paperwork to make it official.

Anyway hopefully by the end of today, I will hopefully have more info on my options so I can make a decision.

Also for perspective the job I just left was at a SuperMegaCorp with 100K+ employees in the US alone. I was just an unimportant number to them.

On to my weight, I weighed 175.4. Woo, glad my birthday weekend didn't do too much damage now. I have upped my water intake the last few days to make up for all the extra sodium. Yesterday was my three year anniversary with my boyfriend. We ended up not going out to dinner but instead to lunch, hello smaller portions! We went to a tapas restaurants and split everything we ordered. It was very delicious, a little snapper ceviche, 2 mini tacos, and some salmon with butternut squash. Then for dinner, I just had a fruit smoothie maybe 6 oz. I didn't make much.

I also went to rowing class yesterday which is always fun and afterwards I was brave and went to hip hop / zumba. Wow that class was intense and after I let go of the fact that i'm super uncoordinated it was a lot of fun.

Today I am going to meet up with a local run group who is doing a training run on a lit track tonight at 6.

Anyway, everyone have an awesome Wednesday!
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #101  
Melissa

Jumping on to add that I finally braved taking measurements today. Everything is the same as the beginning of October except I've lost a 1/2 inch off my waist, so I am doing SOMETHING at least... I'll take official ones tomorrow as I was running off to step class this morning and wasn't uber careful.

Solarplant Fingers crossed for the job(s)! A choice would be nice!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 11-09-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #102  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Breakfast: 2 boiled egg whites, no yolk. (34 cals)
2 Eggo Nutrigrain Low Fat Whole Grain waffles. (140 cals for both)
1 serving Hungry Jack Sugar Free Syrup (20 cals)
32 oz water.

Lunch: Undecided.
Dinner: Undecided.

Will fill in the rest later.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

Height: 5'7"

Went clothes shopping yesterday. If I had any doubts I am losing weight, they have been erased! Fitting into Mediums in stores where I used to be a Large.

Consistently fit into 6's and 8's in all different brands at Winners. Tried on my usual 10's and 12's but they were massive.

Vanity sizing or not, it's been years since I've been able to fit into these sizes. Yay!

Back on Slim Fast, weight dropped almost immediately after 3 days. Back on track.

Good luck to everybody!!!!
MustardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #104  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Larry - WTG!!!! I am so glad you saw your long-awaited drop! Sorry about the sodium and calories in one meal, but at least it was yummy for ya

Kayla - No getting in the dumps, that produces cortisol Keep your spirits up and know that it's a new day and you are in control!!!

Melissa - Thank you for the crossed fingers... I am trying to keep the level head, but already after noon and nothing yet. As for your exercise, my best guess is that you were stronger and not worn after taking the time off from that, so could do it easier. Now that it's been a week, now the muscles are working more and building... ultimately when there is a "build" it drags you out a bit. Try to incorporate a bit of protein about an hour beforehand and see if that helps Just as a suggestion... I mean you are doing so awesome and have figured out most of this...but found the protein boost beforehand, seems to fuel me better for workouts - however if I take sooner than an hour before, I feel ill during workout... so an hour works for me - your body is not mine, so may vary

Super yay on the 1/2 inch loss on your waist!!!! That's awesome!!!

solarplant - thank you for the crossed fingers!!!! I hope whichever way you go is the one you are meant to be in You sure seem to have things all lining up in a pretty little row for you though!!! What about the smaller company.. if it's a start-up, does that not give you a position to be profitable in the near future by being on the ground level of it beginning? I only as cause my brother is marketing manager for a start-up company. They matched his salary, but since he is on ground level of the start up, and putting in extraordinary hours, if it takes off, it takes off with him in tow and on the way to the bank Curious if that's an option for you as well

Miranda - I don't know how you do the boiled eggs without yolk... I love boiled eggs, but have to have the yolk. I also love to have them most every morning I have time to cook them because of the protein boost to get me through the door in the morning. I notice without them, I tend to drag

Mustard - That's fantastic!!!! !!!! I am so happy for you! That's HUGE progress!!!! Sometimes the most measurable progress is not shown in the scale, but in our clothing for sure! I doubt vanity sizing would be that huge of a difference!

Lunch now, so will update upon return
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Nevaeh1984 Great job on the pants!

Ruth It sounds like you are doing a great job with staying active and your foods. Enjoy the mountains!

Itsmyturn Congrats to your DH.

Mamakat Yes, we had to work a little late. There's always good/bad about being self-employed.

Jomatho Congrats on the new low! Keep up the great work!

Larry Congrats on the 2 pounds!

KaylaChristine Don't let a bad day get you in the dumps. Today is new day! Make the most of it!

Berry I stayed strong and resisted the extra cup of joe! I am one that can easily fall into a habit of consuming extra coffee. I used to drink it all day. Sometimes I will have an extra cup if necessary, though. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Solarplant I hope you get all the info you need to make a decision on the job. Good luck! Great job on those workouts!

Omgzitsmiranda Hi

Mustardfan Congrats on the new clothing sizes!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote