Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 01:08 PM   #91  

Hello All!
This has to be quick. Ds bus is coming soon. I am going to make my self do my 3 mile while dd sleeps today.

So what did you find out Amanda? Hope it was the news you wanted!

I won't be back for a few days ladies. I have an all day training tommorrow and a field trip to Chicago on Fri. That should be fun. Just hope they don't give me any brats to look after! LOL!

Beth
Old 04-24-2003, 08:20 PM   #92  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Thursday is Long Term Goals Day

My long term goal is to be able to do all those sports I've never been able to do because I'm too big.
Still don't have news about being pregnant, I'll keep you posted.

Amanda
Old 04-24-2003, 09:50 PM   #93  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Long term goal-one of them is to wear a regular pair of Levi 501 or 505 jeans! You know, the kind i use to wear in highschool. Now i know the style is the low-riders but i'm not sure I'm up for that. But if i were to get to a point where I would bare my belly again, I'm going to get it pierced too! (If you knew me, you'd realize how ridiculous that is!) I probably wouldn't show it off, but I think they are pretty. I'd get one with a pretty diamond hanging from it or something!
Old 04-25-2003, 08:53 AM   #94  

Talking

Let's see - Long term goal for me would be that when I am in my bathing suit this summer..... Be able to run into the water (Like Bo Derek in the movie '10' - do y'all remember that movie? ) Anyway - to be able to run into the water at the beach and not feel everything else moving....

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Tootles -
Bobbie Lynne

[email protected]
Old 04-25-2003, 12:17 PM   #95  

Thumbs up Friday is Frustrations and Failings day

My biggest frustration is not staying focused and on track. I seem to keep my motivation up for a little while then I just lose interest. I guess I get lazy. I just don't feel like worrying about what I'm eating or getting out and exercising.

Amanda
P.S. I'm not pregnant. Which is good, because I wasn't ready to be right now.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:38 PM   #96  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Friday-Frustrations and Failures

Well, i'm often frustrated because this is probably the hardest thing I've ever tried to do. I keep thinking that I'll find the solution, or learn the key or secret to help me. I feel I've tried, and tried, tried this, tried that. And I also sometimes think, is it me? or what's the problem?........But I am careful to not think so much that's i'm a failure or that I have failed. It's just too negative for me. I may not have had the success yet that I want in my weight loss but I am NOT a failure because I have not given up. And I won't.

So any of you that are frustrated today, i offer a .
Old 04-25-2003, 12:53 PM   #97  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default P.S.

Amanda, I'm happy if you are that you aren't pregnant. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:33 PM   #98  

Thumbs down Sunday is Results of Weekly Goals

Hi ladies,
I guess none of us felt like writing on Saturday which was Successes and thankfulness so if anyone wants to go back to that topic feel free.

Today is result of goals day-I made my water drinking goal, but didn't make my walking goal. Why am I finding this exercise so hard? I used to walk everyday now I just can't seem to motivate myself.
Anyway, hope to hear how everyone elses week went. See you later.

Amanda
Old 04-27-2003, 03:12 PM   #99  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Successes? Well it wasn't for the whole week but a talk with a chiropractor made me realize that I know what I need to do and just haven't been doing it. So I started from that time. I've eaten low carb, nothing white, no sugar and no caffeine since Sat. a.m. I'm trying to not get a headache because of the no caffeine but the herbal tea is helping. I'm thankful that the talk happened and that I realized that I need to love myself more.

For today, Result of Goal Day, it's too early to tell except for the better feeling I have internally and knowing that I am in control. The food is not....
Old 04-27-2003, 10:38 PM   #100  

Hello Ladies!
I have not left you! I have just been really busy. I feel like I have a million things going on. Its not bad for the weight loss though. Being busy gives me less time to eat and I am active!

My dks want to be outside all the time now! It is a lot easier to find time for the computer in the winter when they are inside! I won't let them play outside where we live by themselves. Which makes it hard. Not to mention ds just got his first bike and wants to walk the block a million times. I realized a big thing. I need to start running! My dd is fast as lightening and thinks its real funny to run away!

Amanda I am glad for you if you are glad about not being pregnant! I am not having anymore children. Dh went under the knife after are second. But I am still sometimes afraid it could happen. I would not be happy!

Goal is to keep up with exericse with everything going on. I missed Fri and Sat and it did not feel good! Of course I was on ds field trip on Fri and walked the whole time. I think I am just going to need to be creative or satisfied with less conventional exericse!

I lost 4.75 lbs at TOPS this week but that was for 2 weeks! I am down 36lbs all together. Almost half way! Thanks ladies for all the encouragement! WE CAN DO THIS!

Beth
Old 04-29-2003, 07:35 PM   #101  

Arrow Check this out ladies

This is for all of us that would rather have a soda than water. Someone emailed it to me and I thought it was interesting.

WATER OR COKE?

This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke?
We all know that water is important but I bet you have never seen it written down like this before.

Water

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a daycould significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now, the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?

If that doesn't persuade you to drink your water I don't know what will.
By the way yesterday was goal day-I'm still thinking on mine but I will post them later tonight, at home. (I'm at school right now.)

Bye for now.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:57 PM   #102  

Hey ladies!
Interesting article Amanda. I wonder if Pepsi works the same way? LOl! I actually have cut way back. I used to drink one a day and now its like one every two weeks. Well I don't have much time again today but wanted to check in. Hope all is well. Weigh in is tommorrow so we will see how it goes.

Beth
Old 05-03-2003, 03:00 PM   #103  

Smile Saturday is Successes and Thankfulness

Hello Ladies-
Long time no see. I have finished my final exams, yeah....I didn't do very well this semester, I bit off more than I could chew. I was feeling rather down about it then I was reading my Woman's Day magazine and they had a bunch of examples of people who failed then in the end succeeded. I want to be one of those stories. I think what I have to do is go down to part-time at school. I just can't handle full-time plus everything else. Anyway, I'm not feeling too successful today, but I'm feeling very thankful. I thank God that he put that article in front of me last night so I wouldn't feel discouraged. I'm thankful that spring is here. I'm thankful for my family and all the ladies I meet here on 3 fatchicks.

Old 05-03-2003, 03:03 PM   #104  

Ladies-I was wondering if maybe you wanted to start a new thread and see if we can get more people to join us. It is up to you.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #105  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

That is fine with me, but can you let us know if you do for sure because we won't get update.
Closed Thread