Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #16  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

what helped you lose weight?? Dramatically changing my diet, then counting calories. Education

what motivated you? Health, vanity, relationship status.

what was your routine? Tracked everything

what exercises did you find helpful? Weight lifting, brisk walking
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #17  
Super Squish

S/C/G: 290/254/170

Height: 5'

what helped you lose weight?? I started with counting calories. Then I did a bunch of research and decided the Weight Watchers Points Plus was the healthiest diet (counting calories doesn't take into consideration all of the other things necessarily, which I'm uncomfortable with). I don't go to meetings. I just use the apps on my phone that help me track points (and calculate).
what motivated you? Looking at pics and seeing how DISGUSTING I looked. Also wanted to be a better example for my son.
what was your routine? Other than following the Points Plus system, whatever I felt like. Some days I veg out in front of the TV with the laptop. Other days I do Zumba. I just recently took on walking at least 1/2 mile per day for a minimum of 3 days/week. Also... sit ups every morning.
what exercises did you find helpful? Anything other than finger exercises (typing/texting) and mouth exercises aka talking nonstop.
Princess Squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

what helped you lose weight??

Counting calories and exercise!

what motivated you?

My health! I was hospitalized and the results of that stay and other tests that were run made me realize I was really ruining my health. I wanted something else for my life.

what was your routine?

I do Pilates and Spinning 3 times a week for 60 minutes. I ride (road bike) for about 60-90 minutes once a week. Sometimes more, if I have time.

what exercises did you find helpful?

The ones I do.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #19  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah007 View Post
Calorie counting, carb counting and sometimes both at the same time.

Quote:
what motivated you?
I don't like being fat.

Quote:
Walking and weight training. Weight training is awesome for losing weight and changing your body. I do some Geocaching which involves walking and hiking. I'm thinking about trying out biking but I haven't really been on a bike for longer than two minutes since I was a little girl. I have fibromyalgia so I don't tend to do anything too strenuous. I'm already in pain so I have to take it easy.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:31 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

Calorie counting is how I lose weight. I was motivated by constantly being depressed about my weight. Finally I summoned the willpower to do something about it. I don't really exercise consistently, just my elliptical every now and then. Exercise makes me sooo hungry all day, so right now I'm concentrating on diet, and will readdress fitness at a later time
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

Hi Delilah,

I've only started my new lifestyle a month ago, so I don't feel I'm ready to give advice yet regarding what works and whatnot.

However, regarding the Insanity workout: it's rather intensive, at least I feel it is.

I know everyone is different, but my starting weight isn't so different from your current weight, and I don't know what your current level of fitness is, but a few of the workouts that are effective (p90x, Insanity) are not for the faint hearted or physically unfit. At least that's my opinion... I had not exercised in a long time, apart from jogging 1 hour now and then and I tried to do p90x and I really couldn't find the muscle strength to do it. I switched to something that was within my range, both in terms of difficulty and available exercise time (30 day shred).
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

what helped you lose weight?? Counting calories and eating out less

what motivated you? My laptop (I started on changing things when I started to get back fat that made it uncomfortable to use my laptop) and the changes I see along the way keep me going.

what was your routine? Reasonable lunch, Large-ish dinner, with occasional breakfast. Walk into work most mornings, walking at lunch 2-3 days/week, walking home from work and biking on a stationary bike. I started at 20 minutes on the bike and have worked my way up to 45 minutes; I do this 5-6 days/week.

what exercises did you find helpful? Walking, slowly at first & then building up my speed as I lost wait/woke up late for work Also using the stationary bike we'd bought to help us lose weight - it hurt at first, but my butt got numb pretty quickly and it got easier. I use my phone to read Kindle books or sometimes books from thrift stores/the library or just Cosmo depending on my mood!
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #23  

Sport and eating healthy + proper fat burners and proteins
what motivated you?
Well, I didn't like myself that much... lost my confidence. I wanted it back, so I started my regime. This was before. Now I'm trying to lose weight again, so I have the same way of thinking.
what was your routine?
Big breakfast - mostly carbs, lunch with carbs and some protein, work out at the gym, dinner - mostly proteins. Though, now I'm trying to eat less carbs than before.
Working with weights for about 20 minutes and then cardio for 40 minutes/ 5 times a week.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #24  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I'm not done yet, but I've lost 40 pounds since July.

what helped you lose weight?? Calorie counting.

what motivated you? Health concerns. And I was tired of hating myself for being fat and for my crazy eating.

what was your routine? I stick to a pretty regimented 3 meals/1-2 snacks a day during the week. On the weekends, I often skip breakfast so I can eat more at lunch or dinner.

what exercises did you find helpful? I recently bought a recumbent stationary bike that I love. I use it almost every day, sometimes twice a day. I also have a rowing machine and a mini stepper. I do some combination of these for 30-40 minutes twice a day. Twice a week, I lift weights for 45 minutes. I've been walking on the weekends, too, but the weather will soon stop that. I try to burn at least 3500 calories a week.

The exercise makes me feel better but it's the reduced intake that helps most with the weight loss.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 144/133.4/123

Height: 5'6"

what helped you lose weight: weight watchers... really. portion control and calorie counting didn't help me. all my calories were from sugar and it went right on my arse.

what motivated me: my step mother. she does weight watchers. her top weight was about the same as mine and she's now at her goal weight which is the same as mine...and she still goes to meetings and weighs in every month...and re: exercises...I didn't find my Y helpful. I tried swimming (which I used to love).. I tried running/walking...I tried cardio...now I'm doing jazzercize with my stepmother and am just glad to be moving three days a week.

routine...keeping track of what's in my refrigerator ... no bad stuff in there.. the only time I go off the diet is when I go out with a friend... and even then I try to be strict and keep track of points... It's either do the point system and really work it ALL the time or not do it at all...no middle ground for me...
catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 301.2/212.4/135

Height: 4'11

What helped me lose weight is calories counting, a lot of water intake, giving up sweets and sodas and exercise. I also watch my carbs and fats. What motivated me was myself. I want to get myself is better shape. My routine is arms and legs excerising with weights and situps. I excerisie everyday for 25 minutes in the evening and 25 minutes at night. I drink plenty of water.
babygurl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #27  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Calorie counting, excercise, WATER WATER WATER WATER!!!

what motivated you?
Summer!!!!! I've been overweight for more than 10 years and I was sick and tired of always being sick and tired.

what was your routine?
- Always eat breakfast
- Coffee
- Lots of water
- Fruit and veggies
- Limit sugar

Taebo, yoga, kickboxing, Zumba, Aerobics and Circuit Training
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 215/177.5/145-150

Height: 5'5

Default Re:Let me know how you lost weight?

What helped you lose weight? When I first started loosing my weight I ate more chicken, Stopped eating out (limited myself to once a week or week and half) and drastically reduced how much soda I drank( I would only drink maybe a can every week and half to two weeks)

What motivated you? I work in a bridal shop, seeing all the brides and bridemaids coming in and trying on the super tiny dresses. My health a bit, my doctor thought my blood pressure as a bit high and I knew if i lost weight it would help with it, also from my knees down to my feet would be sore after work. Also I do WW2 reenacting and went to my first camping out event in August. I by then lost like 25 pounds and thought I was looking slimmer, I felt good in my uniform and also dress for the USO dance, but once I left our camp area and I seen the other ladies wearing sleeker dresses and being petite I felt like a huge blob. There is another event I'm going to in April, and I hope and pray every night to be at my goal weight to show those girls up.

What was your routine? What exercise did you find helpful? same answer for both. I first started doing the Slim in 6 dvd, it did help me loose some weight but i plateaued at 15 pounds, so i went online and looked at other dvds and i bought Jillian Michaels "30 day shred" that helped me loose my 15 plus. Its a great dvd. There are 3 stages and each are a bit more tough. I have noticed when I get off the exercise for a few days its hard for me to do the dvd multiple days in a row. But if I stay with it i'm less tired when it comes to working out.
strawberryred0128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 168/148/135

Height: 5'8"

what helped you lose weight?? Calories in v. calories out. You won't lose much if any weight exercising w/out cutting food intake. But, if you work out and burn calories, it allows you to create a bigger deficit than eating better alone and thus you'll lose more weight.
what motivated you? First, my clothes not fitting right and needing bigger sizes. Second, realizing I weighed the most I ever had. The last part was other life stressors making me unhappy-- I thought if I could lose a little weight and get healthy, that would help with my happiness. (And it has!)
what was your routine? Eating between 1300-1500 calories a day, with 2 1800 calorie days. Also, working out 5-6 days a week faithfully for at least 45 minutes.
what exercises did you find helpful? In the past I've been a treadmill only kind of girl, but I love the elliptical this time around. I don't do much strength training, but I'm working on incorporating it into my routine.
lissvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #30  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

what helped you lose weight? So far, tracking every thing that goes in my mouth on livestrong.com/myplate. Counting calories

what motivated you? being the biggest person in the gym at my son's school

what IS your routine? Staying under my daily calorie goal, exercising on outdoor fitness equipment Tues-Friday for 45 minutes a day. Walking other days.

what exercises did you find helpful? weight lifting, walking
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote