Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 08:27 AM   #1  

Default Christian encouragers#164

If you need encouragement and support during your weight loss journey. You have come to the right place. We pray for each other in hard time and praise each other in good times. Everyone is Welcome!
Old 02-04-2003, 08:34 AM   #2  

Blessing to all this cold morning. It was 58 here in Indy Monday and last night it snowed! My DD is doing great after her surgery and I now have 3 others home with the flu! Please pray the my DD doesnt get the flu so close to having surgery.
Sherry-Thing about you. Let me know as soon as you know something.
Zoe-How are you doing? You give me the courage to keep trying.
EZ-Your poor nephew! So glad his grades are doing so well.
wilma-Is your house put together yet?
To all others My prayers are with you!
Praying for an OP day!
Sami
Old 02-04-2003, 08:43 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Thanks for starting the new thread Sami. The other one was getting kinda long. I'm finally unpacked and moved in. I even have most of my pictures hung. It really feels like home. Now I want new furniture!!! That will come with time I know but for now I'm going to enjoy my new home. We have company coming for the weekend the 14th - 16th and we're excited to be able to have room for all of them.

I have done my exercises for 2 days in a row now. I know I need to do something to get my energy level up again. I'm so tired all the time. I am getting used my work load so things should start improving any time now.

Have a great day. I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!!
Old 02-05-2003, 07:35 AM   #4  

Good morning to all,
I think my DD (Molli)the one who just had surgery now has the flu. She feels real warm and had bad dreams all night. I will take her temp when she wakes up. My other 3 are well enough to go back to school. Ashli wants to stay home so she is not happy that she is better. I go Friday they are going to do endoscopic Ultrasound to find out what is wrong with my stomach. The fact that I feel like I am having a gallbladder attack and I had my gallbladder out 10 years ago in not good. I now have bad acid reflux also. You would think it would make me not want to eat but it hasn't worked for me! I will find out friday what I weigh and Pray I have a loss.
Have a blessed day I will post more later!
Sami
Old 02-05-2003, 02:19 PM   #5  

Angry Humpday

Hello Everyone!

How is everyone? Today I went back to work and have been out seeing patients all morning. I'm doing ok except the new heart med is giving me headaches but hopefully that will go away with time. Yesterday, I saw the Gastroenterologist and he is planning on doing an endoscopy on Feb 11th. I have been told I have an ulcer but he believes there's more to it so here we go.

Sue~ Glad to see you finally got some warm sunshine. Uhhh, can we have some back? It's suppose to be in the high 50's here today and tomorrow and then down below freezing Friday with snow. I almost hope it does snow, cause the kiddos want it to so bad but then my dh has to work. He works for TxDOT.

Michele~ Sorry you have had problems with bad eating. Planning is the best way to beat that. Good luck with the job interview. God will bless you!

Zoe~ Wow, just sitting here thinking about your cruise. Sounds so awesome!!!! I dream of doing that someday when I am at goal. Praying for you and your mom and her lung problems. God's will be done. Thanks for all your encouragement.

Gary~ Glad you and the family are feeling better. It will probably take a little time to get your strength back. Thanks so much for all your support and encouragement. I will do this losing weight thing, because, I'm not in charge anymore, God is.

Sami~ Thanks for starting the new thread. I meant to and somehow didn't get it done. I hope everyone is feeling better especially Molli. You have definitely had your plate full lately. You are a strong woman. I will be praying for you and those performing your endoscopic ultrasound on Friday. I hope you have a loss on Friday when you weigh in but with having any type stomach problems makes it that much harder. I have my endoscopy on Tuesday. Hang in there my friend. God is good!

Wilma~ Sounds like you are getting your home in order and all "fixed" up. Have fun decorating and getting ready for your company. WTG exercising!!! I look forward to being able to do that again. LOL

I went to La Weight Loss Center yesterday and signed up but then I was told that because I take Nitro and heart meds that they were unable to accept me as a client. So, I am on my own. My friend that is a member there is going to help me and make me accountable to her every week as though I was going to weigh in there. Friends are so wonderful!!!

Well, better go. Hello to Everyone else and hope to hear from you soon.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:40 AM   #6  

Angry Thursday Morning

Good Morning, Friends!

How is everyone this morning? It's kinda lonely here all by myself so ya'll come back and post with me. Pleezzzz.

Since I started taking my new med, I am not having chest pain but it has given me a horrible headache which is only dulled with Tylenol. But that should leave with time. I feel much better and look forward to serving my Lord and losing weight.

Sami~ Good luck with your endoscopic ultrasound tomorrow. Just relax and put it in God's hands. We just pray Lord that you will guide the ones doing the instructments and give them the knowledge to find the source of the problem and know what to do about it to make Sami feel much better. Lord, only you can do this, and we ask that you give Sami a peace as she undergoes this procedure and let her know you are always with her. And Lord, we ask that you just bring back health to everyone in her home and take away the flu bug. We ask all e things in Jesus Christ name. Amen.

Here's some losing vibes for those with weigh ins coming up.

oOo0oo ~ OO0o00 ` ~ ` oo0O ~ O0oo ` ~ ` o0O0O ~ ` 00ooO ` ~ ` oOo0 ~ ` oO0oO `~ ` 0o0Oo ` ~ `00oOO `~ ` oo00 `~ ooOOoo ` ~ ` 0OO0 `~ `oOo0 `~` 0oOo0 `~
ooOoo `~` 00oOO0 ` ~ `oo0ooO `~ `00OoOo ` ~` ooOoo `~ `Ooo ~` 0OooO `~ ` 0oo0O ~`

Hope EVERYONE has a good day!!! Pleeez come back and check in. I miss you!!:
Old 02-06-2003, 08:42 AM   #7  
Quit counting at 45!

It sure is quiet around here lately. If you all lived in Canada I would understand why. It's freezing here! I woke up to -30C this morning. Thank God for heat. I have to admit I'm getting tired of the cold weather but I guess I have spring to look forward to and will enjoy it more when it comes.

I have done my exercises faithfully each morning and it feels great. I just wish my VCR hadn't died and I could do my walking tapes. At least I have these exercises to do!

Mrshummer: I do hope that the doctor doesn't find more than the ulcer. You are in my prayers. an ulcer is bad enough I would think. Take care of yourself!

Sami: i hope Molli didn't get the flu. It's so tough to have kids get sick. I'd almost rather it be me instead. Take care.

Everyone else: Please post with us. We need you. It's lonely here.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-06-2003, 08:45 AM   #8  
JPD

Good morning to everyone. It is cold and wet here but I'm going to get my 2-year-old grandson and we'll have a good day inside by the fireplace. I haven't posted since my first time a few weeks ago and know that I will need to "visit" more often if I'm to give and get support for losing weight. During my morning devotional I will say a prayer for all on this site who need encouragement. One thing that has helped me in other areas of obedience is to throw myself before the Lord completely admitting that I cannot do this, that only He can, and then I try (yes, often unsuccessfully) to stock my refrigerator with lots of low-fat stuff. To pray to God and then not do any planning myself is, I know, asking for Him to do it all -- let me eat what and when and how much I want and let me lose weight anyway! Sort of like, let me indulge in other fleshly desires and feel close to Him anyway. Doesn't work. Anyway, thanks to you all who post here and give me a place to turn.
In Christ, JPD
Old 02-06-2003, 08:48 AM   #9  

Angry Hi There!

SHERRY- Friends are great support, and this time you'll do it, thanks for the sunshine, I suppose if I have to give it back I will. Hope all goes well with your endoscopy. Were praying for ya.

Sami- Sherry was right you never get a break something is always in the mix, pray all goes well withh dd, and yourself, try not to get run down caring for everyone else.

E.Z. Glad to hear your feeling better, I don't have to clean this month, but we are running a benefit for pastor this weekend, pray all goes well with that.

Wilma- hang in there kid, soon the house will be decorated and the job will become old hat. Get some rest. So ya don't sick.

Zoe- Have a wonderful time on the cruise, we'll be praying for you (all the sickness on the cruises, andyour mom
Old 02-06-2003, 08:51 AM   #10  

Angry continued

Mitchypoo- Hope all goes well with the job, and all. Hi to all I missed. Gotta run, go bowling. Luv yas
Old 02-06-2003, 11:21 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry THURSDAY NIGHT

HI EVERYONE

I have to be quick tonight with the post. Our server was down yesterday so I couldn't get on--- RATS!!

I am running late with evening chores, etc. as my daughter had a college tennis match tonight. She didn't win her doubles-- that is two losses this week 6 games to 8. It was a very tough college team today-- the one earlier in the week was easier-- the team won that one even though my DD lost. Anyway she played well for her-- so I was proud of her effort. She has another match on Saturday so maybe she will get a win yet this week. Womens college teams play 6 girls and have teams with usually 8 to 10., my daughter usually plays in the 6 or 7 spot so she is not at the top-- just a solid player--- more losses than wins.

We are all over our sickness here-- wife is back training for the 5k's we are doing later this month and in April-- I guess I should start (even though I am walking them).

I am holding steady on the 5 pound loss out of 10 I was shooting for two weeks ago-- still pretty much veggies, salad and fruit for lunch-- whole wheat toast for breakfast and a REASONABLE? dinner. My reasonable and my wife's interpretation are different

I sure like it since my daughter switched to a Christian college this year-- it is so neat seeing people come out to cheer her on!! That is teachers, staff and friends.

My son is back coaching his old high school track team-- distance and jumps-- both my kids made the deans list again this semester at their schools-- one proud dad here!!!

SHERRY-- Sorry about the headaches (you have had alot on your mind girl) You will do it that is for sure-- love that new attitude!!

JPD-- you are so right about God's help-- He doesn't work it like magic-- just gives us the strength and resources to succeed.

TO ALL THE OTHERS-- I love you-- I just gotta jam to the tasks at hand--- more later- In Christ, Gary
Old 02-07-2003, 08:13 AM   #12  

Angry TGIF

Morning Everyone!!!

I can't stay but a sec. Hope everyone is doing good and gonna have a GOOD Friday and a GOOD weekend!!! Hope everyone slows down long enough to post.

Sami~ God bless you today with your procedure and all that that entails. Our prayers are with you.

Zoe~ Just put Mom in God's hands while you are gone and I'm sure everything will be fine. Have a wonderful trip!!! Tell me your secret of getting to go on a cruise.

Gary~ Wow, the dean's list that is super! I know you are proud. Sounds like your dd is doing well, maybe not winning but having a lot of fun. Maintaining is good Gary, you will drop soon, especially doing all those 5K's. Think positive and it will happen.

Wilma~, JPD~ Good to see both of you. EVERYONE else Take care and check in when you can. We miss you!!!!

Gotta run. Stay focused!!! Talk atcha later.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:47 AM   #13  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! It's warming up here a bit but apparently that'll last for only 1 day. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I need a kick in the pants you guys! I can't stay away from junk food and I don't know why. Maybe it's psychological re the move. I don't know. I am going to make a real effort. Being alone in the evenings being able to do what you want and eat what you want doesn't help either. I need to get back on track or I'll gain back what I've lost. today I packed my usual salad and sandwich along with an orange and some low fat yogurt to take to work. Hopefully i'll be able to control it tonight!! Please pray for me! I need it!

I think of this support group a lot and I pray for you. I need your support very much. there are a lot of great things in my life and you guys are considered part of that group.

Have a super day!
Old 02-07-2003, 10:07 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down TGIF

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES

WILMA-- Sounds like you need what I had in SMOKENDERS when I was in it-- A BUDDY-- each night we would talk on the phone and share the difficulties we were having trying to quit smoking. I know you just moved there but maybe a friend from the old place could call you (or a family member) each night to help you through-- just a thought.

SHERRY My kids have always had good grades--- they sure didn't get it from me. I don't think I lose too much in the 5K's since I walk-- but hey every little bit helps!!

Well, the wife and I are heading out to dinner so to all of you---HAVE A GREAT WEEK--END

In Christ, Gary
Old 02-08-2003, 08:42 AM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Saturday Morning ~

Wow, I have so much to do this morning.......drop Zoe off at the vet for boarding, nail appt, WW meeting, pedicure. I should be finished around 11:45am and then we'll leave around 12:30 or so. Driving to Galveston where we'll stay tonight and see the sights tomorrow until the ship leaves at 5pm. I am so anxious and can't wait.

Thank you all for your prayers for my Mom. She is so upbeat and optomistic which is so good for her recovery. Thank you for keeping her in your prayers as I will all of you and your families.

I'll talk to y'all when I get home. God bless you all.

Love in Christ,
Patti <><
Closed Thread