Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 09:06 PM   #16  

Default Hi Everyone!

The flu bug has hit the farm.
We've dropped one after the other since Monday morning.
On the plus side of this, weigh in this week, should show results.

Hoping your "all" at Worship tomorrow morning.
God Bless each of you.

It is freezing here in Southern Ontario.
Each of us snuggling with extra blankets while watching television
tonight.
Come on U.S. southern states part with some of that warmth.

Talk soon, back to the blanket and a rented video.

Southern Ontario Joanne
Old 02-09-2003, 04:52 PM   #17  

Hello
I just did a big post and lost it! I am doing fine and I need to call my dr on mon and see what is next. I was so out of it the whole day after my EUS. They told my husband that they think there is a problem with my stomach muscle. Now they want to do the ERCP that is risky. Please pray that we can find a diffrent answer.
EZ-glad that your household is well!
Zoe-You have a great time!
Joanne-It is cold here in Indy also.
Wilma-Just think how long it took you to lose the weight. I know that is why I have had a hard time losing this time because in my mind I know I done this before and gained it back.

I am keeping all in my prayers! Have a blessed day!
Sami
Old 02-10-2003, 08:39 AM   #18  

Angry Monday morning

Good Morning!!!

How is everyone? I hope everyone had a good weekend. We basically did. I ate good and am losing again, fluid and weight.

It's a long story but we got a 45min old baby goat on Friday afternoon born when it was cold and snowing that the mother abandoned and are doing round the clock feedings. She could not suck at all yesterday and researched it on the web and find out to give her baking soda cause she was in metabolic acidosis and she was able to start sucking again late last night. She is doing great this morning, even starting hollaring for me when she heard my voice this morning. Awwwww, it's good to live the farm life again. LOL

Hope everyone has a good day!!! I'm running ready late and must hurry for work. I'll try to check in later.

Old 02-10-2003, 09:18 AM   #19  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! We're back down in the deep freeze again. It's a frigid -32C here this a.m. I would rather stay at home than go out of the house but that's life. We had surprise company over the weekend so it went really fast. I'm improving slowly with my eating but don't know why I can't control the cravings when I've been doing to well. I really do think the move has had a larger impact on me than I first thought. I'm really glad that I pack a salad for lunch each day or I would be really gaining. I need to keep busy in the evenings so that I don't think about food. This week shouldn't be a problem. My in laws and another family are coming for the weekend so i have lots to do to prepare.

I better get going to work. Have a wonderful day!!
Old 02-10-2003, 08:32 PM   #20  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Monday Night

HI LADIES

Looks like all is fairly well today after the week-end. Hey Sherry talk to Joanne about that goat-- she is the expert!! Had a busy wee-end-- tennis all day into the evening on Sat. at my daughter's college-- the boys lost but the girls won (not my daughter -- she lost 8 to 4 in her singles and 8 to 2 in her doubles match) the other team played their best doubles against my daughter to assure a win-- stategy-- this makes it harder to get a win against our middle team but they did anyway-- our girls still won overall

Well my nephew has got overnight stays o.k.ed with the state now-- I don't get it-- I am happy for him but I just don't see any progress in the mom to warrant it. Oh well, we shall see-- unfortunately due to circumstances this is the 4th social worker he has had in the 5 months-- they pretty much don't even check in with us-- I never even saw the last one.

Wilma-- stay busy!!

Sami-- I am sending the prayers you requested!!

Well gotta go-- the plumber is finally here to look at the job-- 3 weeks later!!

In His LOVE <>< Gary
Old 02-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #21  

Good evening
It is kind of quite here. I went back to work today I had a lot to get caught up on.
EZ-I know just what you mean about the social workers. The kids just seem to fall through the cracks. I know it means a lot to your nephew to be with his mother. But she needs to want to do better. I will be saying a prayer for your nephew.

I hope Zoe is soaking up the sun and having a great time. As for good old Indy we had snow all day long! I am pray that everyone has an OP day!
Sami
Old 02-11-2003, 09:37 AM   #22  

Angry Hi all!

I was away all weekend, then had to work a double yesterday. But I'm back. anyway. Sami your in my prayers that they figure out what is going on, and for the tests to come out all right. I am with in that I gained back what I lost, with Christmas, and eating on the run, which is no excuse, except that, an excuse. I started again yesterday. Mrs. Hummer I am glad to hear a positive attitude, you'll make it. Congrats on the baby goat that must have been exciting, what did ya name her. Wilma I am right there with the eating at night thing, lately I have been working alone, and tend to munch in the evenings, but will now nibble on 94% fat free popcorn, which will be much better than what I have been doing. Zoe- enjoy the sun, and r/r I love cruisin, they pamper you so much, pray you stay healthy on it, lots of people have been getting sick on the ships. E.Z. - gotta give it to your dd at least she tries, and that is what is important. ssorry to hear about your nephew. I am sure He wants to see mom and spend time with her. But she should have to try in order for that to happen.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:40 AM   #23  

Angry continued-

Our society, doesn't care about children, look at abortion, child abuse carries a lesser penalty then pet abuse. we now have buster's law making it an automatic felony to harm an animal. Hello what about the kids. Don't understand it myself. Congrats on maintaining. Get in shape for your 5k or you'll be sore. Gutchie, glad to hear from you, hope your all getting better from the flu. Hi to all I missed. talk at ya later. Luv ya!!
Old 02-11-2003, 09:41 AM   #24  

Default Tuesday morning

Good Morning Everyone!!!

How is everyone? Have you thanked the Lord today for all your blessings. There sure are a lot of them. I have been quilty of getting so busy with my everyday life that I don't keep my priorities straight and remember why I have all these wonderful blessings. So, I thank God now for everything and I thank Jesus Christ for dying on the cross to save me. It is awesome!!!

Well, I leave in a few minutes to go have my endoscopy. I'm not looking forward to it but I guess it has to be done. Anyway, I am feeling some better but these frequent "baby" feedings are hard on me. I'm not getting enough rest or sleep. But Lucky the goat is doing much better. I think I actually heard her tell me to get my lazy butt out of bed this morning, cause she was hungry. Just what I needed another one with attitude.
She's great though. She's a sweety.

Well, I must hurry. My dh will be back here in a few to get me and I'm not even dressed. No coffee this morning, I can't seem to get the lead out. Help GARY!!!!! Drink it for me, ok?

Hope everyone has a good day!!!!
Old 02-11-2003, 05:20 PM   #25  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Thumbs down Hey, i missed you guys!

Hi everyone!

I missed the last two threads and was wondering if I could suggest that if someone starts a new one, that you let us know on the last one? I got busy and then thought, hey, i haven't seen any new posts for 3fc?

Anyway, I've been working out faithfully at the circuit gym on M,W,F and usually on Sat. too and still bowling 2x a week until the end of the month. Today at bowling we had a 2 game tournament and I won both games! So I'm proud of my exercise efforts. Although I'm having a hard time staying away from the carbs. Guess I need to pray about that some more......

I had an answer to prayer yesterday! I had my 2nd interview last friday for the pt job that would be perfect and it went so well, lasted for about an hour. She said she'd call on Monday either way. So i didn't want to make myself crazy wondering so i decided to give it to God. If he wanted me to have this job, i would. So I was ok all weekend. Sometimes i think about it, and then i'd turn it over. So Monday after i worked out she called and offered me the job! I will start March 3 or possibly before and I'm sooooo excited about it!

Mrs.Hummer, how is the baby goat doing? That is so cool. You know, she'll be very attached to you. Is she a milk goat or a goat for fur or ?
Old 02-12-2003, 08:32 AM   #26  

Angry Wednesday morning

Good Morning!!!

Well, my endoscopy went pretty well, I guess. After it was over I told my DH that I had dreamed I couldn't breathe and fought 4 of them to pull the tube out of my mouth and then I could breathe. Then the Dr came in and told me that my ulcer had healed and my reflux wasn't causing too much problems, but then he said they almost didn't get all the pictures they needed, cause I "came to life" and fought them and pulled the scope out. Boy was my face red then. I knew the dream seemed real. LOL

I have a busy day today, with 7 patients. But some have to go to Drs so I may have to bump them until tomorrow. Lucky, the goat is doing well, She is so sweet but kinda demanding when she's hungry. But aren't we all?

The weather is back to the 60's and 70's and I love it!!!!

There is nothing like basting in the SON!!!!! Hope everyone has a good day!!! Miss all you MIA!!! Post when you can!!!
Old 02-12-2003, 08:43 AM   #27  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone! It's so good to come here and read all your posts. You are what keeps me going! I've been quite busy here lately and seem to not have enough time to do things. Fortunately because my inlaws are coming we have been invited out for meals twice this weekend so i don't have to prepare quite as much food as I would have had to.

mrshummer: Glad things went well with your endoscopy. Hopefully you are now on the road to full recovery. Your little goat sounds so cute!

mitchypoo: It sounds like things are going great for you now. Congrats on the exercising and the new job!

doitforme: I keep forgetting about "healthy" snacks! Popcorn is a great idea for munchies. I am slowing down a bit but can't seem to leave it alone completely.

sami: How are you doing? Keep your chin up!

Gary: Hang in there. It's hard to see your nephew go to spend time with his mom when you don't see any improvement in her. Hopefully he has learned enough being with you to show her the right way to do things.

Well, gotta go to work. Have a great day!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:43 AM   #28  

Angry Hi ya!

This is a quickie, wanted to say glad everything went well with endoscopy Mrs. Hummer, take it easy working so hard, glad to hear your doing so well exercising mitchy, that is alot of effort the rest will come, wilma enjoy going out it will be fun, and visiting with your in laws. Hi to everyone else. gotta run, mostly had time to read see ya later. Busy busy busy,
Old 02-12-2003, 10:43 AM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry WED. MORNING HERE

GOOD HUMPDAY LADIES--

I am off work today-- between the end of one job and the start of another-- cool with me ( the wife too as long as I do something around the house besides babysitting my recliner ).

We are getting some rain here the last few days and much more is expected. Although the report was for rain on last Saturday it was in the high 70's all day-- the weather channel shows a big storm off our coast-- I think it will head north so most of you will be O.K.

I have to go shopping for a Valentine present today-- I won't be able to take my wife to dinner on Friday, unless it is late, the daughter has an evening tennis match.

SHERRY that the test went well-- are your patients as difficult as you are As we discussed last week-- this could be the start of that 2nd chance alot of people don't get-- ENJOY and PROSPER in it (as we wait and enjoy your future success with you) I know you can't quit work right now, just do the best you can.

SUE Boy you sure sound busy!! I am so glad to hear that you are starting over on your goal-- the goal now is to get ready for the next holiday season-- no not V. Day and Pres. Day You have almost a whole year until next Christmas-- Get Crackin' girl!! Of course you will need new clothes for Christmas-- POOR BABY

WILMA Do the best you can eating out so you don't backslide too far-- remember that Spring wardrobe is just around the corner. Enjoy the time with your family

MITCHYPOO You can go back and find the posts you didn't read-- just check at the bottom of the page-- Congrats on that bowling -- job-- and exercise.

ZOE Are you checkin' in from your cruise? Hope you are having MUCHO fun.

SAMI I am so glad to see you posting I hope your stomach problem is on the mend-- still in our prayers-- You seem to be having a little better of a time lately-- I know the last few months have been rough for you-- Keep up the good work girl!! Are we still on track for that wedding goal? Do you need a little extra pull from our end here?-- Cause we can do it!!!!!!!

JOANNE Sounds like you had a great Saturday under the blankets in front of the t.v.-- nice to do from time to time-- I would send you some sunshine except as I said today it would be full of rain clouds-- better check with Sherry.

Well I think I caught up with all the regulars-- Sorry if i missed someone. The recliner-- ahhhh-- the vacumn awaits

IN HIS ARMS I SHALL STAY-- Gary
Old 02-12-2003, 01:18 PM   #30  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Question Prayers please!

Hi,

Good to see everyone, you all seem to be doing well.

May I request prayer please....I had a lump removed in the dr's office this a.m. from my inner thigh and i have 7 stitches. She said it's called an oma or tumor but that doesn't mean it's cancerous. But they will check it anyway. I'm not worried about it but I'll feel better when they test it and tell me for sure. I was able to still workout after my dr. visit and it isn't sore yet and they said I could still bowl tomorrow too.
Closed Thread