Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #46  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I know I am perimenopause also, just having much weirder symptoms than I have ever had. Not so much the headaches and cramps anymore, now it is nausea, warmth/burning cheeks (not really hot flashes per say), moodiness, much more fatigue right before TOM, just stuff like that. How do I feel about it, I say lets get on with it and get this over with I could really care less whether I am still fertile or not, can't say it bothers me. Did you always go by "feel" with your cycle, or do you track it? I use iperiod app and I love, love, love it. All the girls reading this that have access to apps, need to get iperiod!!!! It is awesome!!!
Just downloaded it - a lot like fertilityfriend I used to use online when trying to get pregnant.

I have just been tracking/adding notes to mynetdiary.com which is my food/exercise app, but hey, a new free app - I'll try it.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Just downloaded it - a lot like fertilityfriend I used to use online when trying to get pregnant.

I have just been tracking/adding notes to mynetdiary.com which is my food/exercise app, but hey, a new free app - I'll try it.
Oh, you will love it. I like that I can see when my next 12 cycles will be for planning vacations and such and I also like tracking my symptoms, especially as they are getting weirder now. And with losing weight it is nice to see when ovulation is the most probable and such (for scale blips). I wish I had this when I was younger and my periods were much more intrusive, or when I was trying to get pregnant and trying not to get pregnant
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh my gosh...too many posts to adequately respond to...

MamaKat: You're in my thoughts!
Larry: Hope you never hear back from the Dr.!
BerryBlondBoys: I too am perimenopausal. Each month is a new experience!
Vixen: Hooray for the woosh!
Jomatho: Amost 20,000 steps...AWESOME!!!
Shishkeberry: Great attitude! You're doing the right thing...keep on keepin' on!
MelodyMist: Welcome to the group
I'm sure I missed some...sorry!

For me: Note to self...EAT! Don't go home starving or you'll reach for that leftover birthday cheesecake again. Not good for day 1.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #49  
Melissa

Quote:
Oh, you will love it. I like that I can see when my next 12 cycles will be for planning vacations and such and I also like tracking my symptoms, especially as they are getting weirder now. And with losing weight it is nice to see when ovulation is the most probable and such (for scale blips). I wish I had this when I was younger and my periods were much more intrusive, or when I was trying to get pregnant and trying not to get pregnant
I've always tracked symptoms for ovulation and periods since trying for my first baby. Things I wish I would have known about that no one - not even in sex ed classes or even books do they talk about cervical fluid and how it changes throughout the cycle. Don't you think that would be useful information? Geez we are such phobes about normal body functions.

Anyway, Lately, I can't predeict that far out - two months ago, ovulation and period was 5 days early. Last month it was 2 days late. This month it's looking like it will be 5 days late. This is coming from a girl who was like clockwork for 2 decades. Only thing that hasn't changed (so far) is that once I've ovulated, I know for my body it is 14 days until my period starts (not everyone has a 14 day luteal phase) like textbooks lead people to believe. So basically, if I know when I ovulated, I know which day for sure my period will start. It could have been 29 or 25 days since my last period, but it's always 14 days past ovulation - so no worries about "oh my god, could I be pregnant" if it's a 31 day cycle - as long as ovulation was late, so will my period will be.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 10-11-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #50  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

GM Everyone!

I have the EatSmart Precision Food Scale. It is the easiest thing in the world to use! Highly recommended!!

Jo: Send me a little bottle of that energy, Pls! Great job on all those steps!
I use iPeriod as well. I seriously do NOT know how I survived w/out it. I HATE surprises & using it helps me better plan my life! Some days, I wish I were over menopause, even though I am childless. I don’t plan to have any children and am quite okay with it. But TOM and all his symptoms can leave me alone permanently as soon as he desires!

Melodymist, Moondance

Shish: to you this Tuesday

Vix: WTG on that incredible WHOOSH! Hope it stix!

Mamakat: Here’s a little for you as well. Regroup, refocus, and get back to what you know works! You can do this, WE WILL HELP!

Moondance: Step away from the cheesecake

MustardFan
: Someone else has on their siggy this commie (or something like it): You can’t over-exercise bad food choices!
Just a thought for you today.

KittenMancer: WTG on week 4! Keep up the AWESOME work!

Diana: I SOOO think we should do a 3FC ladies cruise! That would be the most fabulous trip ever!! Let me know when everyone wants to go! I’m there! & we should TOTALLY go to the Caymans! I MUST get some coffee rum from Tortuga. I keep beating myself up for not purchasing it while I was at the port, but someone told me I could buy it on the boat!

Larry: I hate to hear you are having to have so many tests back to back to back. Hopefully, life will throw you a good luck charm soon!

Nevaeh: That 1st pic looks yummi! The 2nd one???? Uhm, what is it??

Still: I agree with Larry on the scale idea. I weigh ALMOST everything. I was doing really well before the cruise to weigh everything! It is especially useful for cheeses, nuts, trail mix, and calorie dense foods & also if you buy larger size yogurts and cottage cheese and then prepare them in single servings for the week, like I do. I can zero mine and it is so easy to make like 4-5 Raspberry Yogurts for the week without having to mess up a lot of cups and spoons! Mine was about $25 from Amazon.

Melissa: You are almost at your goal! Will you keep losing?
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #51  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

mamakat: I'm thinking about you! I'm sorry it's been rough in your world. I'm glad you made an appearance here. You are missed when you're gone. Stay as strong as you can and vent as much as you can. We all are here to listen!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #52  
~Krystal~

Default Shiratake Shrimp Bowl using Miracle Noodles

I seriously just made the yummiest lunch!

I posted the recipe in the Entree Section of 3FC!

Shiratake Shrimp Bowl using Miracle Noodles

Here's a photo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shiratake.jpg (51.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I seriously just made the yummiest lunch!

I posted the recipe in the Entree Section of 3FC!

Shiratake Shrimp Bowl using Miracle Noodles

Here's a photo!
That looks AMAZING! I am so hungry right now, just trying to figure out what to eat, I have a busy night and not much ready to eat foods in the house right now. Pulled out sloppy joes from the freezer for the boys, but I don't think I want that. Can I have some of yours?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #54  
~Krystal~

Quote:
That looks AMAZING! I am so hungry right now, just trying to figure out what to eat, I have a busy night and not much ready to eat foods in the house right now. Pulled out sloppy joes from the freezer for the boys, but I don't think I want that. Can I have some of yours?
@ 196 cals/serving, it's worth sharing!!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #55  
Melissa

Wanna know something dangerous? I am not hungry when I shop (window shopping only). That is scary news because that could lead to real shopping just to avoid eating. So, stop one bad habit to start another? What is with me?

Good grief! I needed some time out of the house as mil is driving me bonkers and I am still hunting for a dress pair of shoes for my anniversary this weekend!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #56  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Hey guys!!!!! I really wish i could get on more often and actually have time for personals but my jobs are really cracking down on internet policy Well i've been doing great! I am really mindful of what I put into my mouth and have been enjoying cooking healthy meals. I have this app on my phone that has all these healthy recipes. I LOVE it! Not sure how much weight i've lost since I wont weigh in again until Nov 5. I'm also getting workouts in! Ive started week 3 of running/walking on my treadmill and i love it. It's a real challenge but it makes me feel great to know that I can push through!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 238/238/169

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone I am new to the site.. I am looking forward to posting great results as all of you have...keep up the good work!!
Stacie3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 226/ticker/140

Height: 5'10"

Hey everyone!

Wow I love the positive energy this thread has! All of you seem so optimistic.

So far I'm at my max calories for today, but yesterday I had a 4 item (on top of my already maxed target calories) binge at Taco Bell. I'm really mad at myself, but all I can do is start over, right?

How do you guys counteract binges?

This losing weight is very important to me! I do live alone and I am definitely a stress/emotional eater, which sometimes leads to me losing vision of my goals/motivations/etc. I'm really hoping to finish this week out the best I can! Do any of you have any advice/words of encouragement?!
packofneurons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #59  

Well, where the heck is the welcome wagon tonight?

packofneurons, to check in! When I fall apart, I just try to get right back at it again that day or the next day. Try not to let one little splurge turn into a lot. And don't beat yourself up, you had to eat something anyways, so you just took in some extra calories. They will be gone in no time.

Stacie3071
, to check in! What is your plan?

Juicy, Glad you are sticking with your program and that you can check in once in a while. You are a busy lady, just do what you can!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Wanna know something dangerous? I am not hungry when I shop (window shopping only). That is scary news because that could lead to real shopping just to avoid eating. So, stop one bad habit to start another? What is with me?

Good grief! I needed some time out of the house as mil is driving me bonkers and I am still hunting for a dress pair of shoes for my anniversary this weekend!
Me too! I can go all day without eating if I shop!
Did you find any shoes?