Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

Hi sexy people

Didn't exercise yesterday came home, checked my email and went to sleep because I was KO... Ever since I started my diet, I notice the benefits of sleep so much more, on the other hand, if I sleep for only 4 hours I am down the whole day, as apposed to before, where my body would "bounce back"... After a couple of hours!

Regarding my last post with the food pics, the Devils Tongue has a similar process to tofu from what I understood (didn't understand that much though).

It's pretty much void from any nutritional value apart from fiber, so you shouldn't try to use it as a main source of food intake, otherwise you will starve to death (like really, its happened!)

If you like, you can google for "konnyaku", wiki has a good English language page on it.
In the EU and US the jelly sweets from this ingredient have been banned, some children (and elderly?) died from suffocation, it was too big and didnt melt in the mouth. I think the big slabs are still legal though, Japanese and chinese like it.
Regarding taste it IS tasteless, it just absorbs the flavors from whatever its cooked in. It is something you have to bite though, so if you have problems chewing food (say you have no teeth or something) then it's not really recommended, or maybe its ok if you buy it in the noodle form and cut them into really small pieces.
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #62  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Nevaeh: Konnyaku is what the Miracle Noodles are made of YUMO!

PackofNeurons: Many of us on this forum suffer from binge-eating. Pls look at my blog on my siggy for further info on my binge solutions! Good luck to you while you’re here @ 3FC & welcome to our group!

Stacie

MzJ: You’ve been missed!!! Glad to see you’re keeping things under control! How’s your cousin?? I think of you often

Last edited by K9Owner; 10-11-2011 at 09:47 PM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #63  
~Krystal~

I’ve had an AWESOME day! 2.5 hrs of tennis, 30 min of and new food for lunch, plus within my cals for the day!!
What more could a girl ask for?? Ok, seriously, DON’T answer that!!

Today’s Menu

Raspberry Greek Yogurt w/Agave’, FF Cheese Omelet, Slice of Toast 326
Shiratake Shrimp Bowl, Breyers : 447
½ Powerbar, Trail Mix: 330
Fresh King Mackerel, Smashed Potatoes: ~ 350
Total: 1453

Water: 96 oz
Exercise: 2.5 hrs Tennis Doubles: 30 min
I didn’t wear my Polar and have NO CLUE how many cals I burned, but I am kinda over every little gram and ounce and calorie burned.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Vixsin Congrats on the 2 pounds!

Jomatho Hi

Berry I think I am in perimenopause but I don't know how long I have been in this stage. I used to have a very, very heavy TTOM, 10 days to 2 weeks on and 10 days to 2 weeks off. I would literally become borderline anemic. The gyno put me on BCP to control my TTOM. She had me take them straight thought so I didn't have TTOM. It was that bad. She suggested an ablation or even take progesterone pills to help. Since my weight loss TTOM has improved. I have been having night sweats for about a year I think. I mostly have them around TTOM, I think. I haven't tracked them, though. I hate having them at night because they wake me and I can't go back to sleep. I think I would rather have them during the day than at night. My Mom was done with her TTOM by the time she was 40. I have always had a really bad TTOM so I don't mind if that stops soon. I also started very early, so I have already had a lifetime of that crap! That main time that I had libido issues with when I took BCP's. They killed my libido! DH had a vasectomy when we were married 5 years. We never wanted in children, so I don't have issues with the idea that I won't be able to have children some time in the future. I guess I'm OK with everything as long as TTOM ends soon, I don't have night sweats, I can sleep at night, and I don't gain any weight. That just about covers it.

Larry Hi

Mamakat I'm sorry that you are going through a rough time. Hang in there. Please come post your thoughts when you need to. We are here to listen.

Moondance Hi

K9 Can you imagine the fun we could have! OMG! What did you do with coffee rum? That sounds so damn good! Fresh King Mackerel!

Berry Sorry about the MIL! What are your plans for your anniversary? I may have missed your post.

Mzjuicyd Keep up the great work.

Shishkeberry Hi

Stacie3071 Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Packofneurons Hi and Welcome to the check-in! If you fall down, just pick yourself back up. Start with your very next meal. Don't let it go into a full day splurge.

Nevaeh1984 Hi

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-11-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #65  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Crab Dip w/table water crackers 150 calories
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
2 orders collard greens 200 calories

Exercise:
Crunch Total Resculpt w/5's, 8's, & 10's
KCM's 30 MTF TLC Conditioning Workout w/weighted gloves (I stopped when they went to the floor)
500 Jump Ropes
Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #66  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

No exercise tonight. I am SUPER tired. Was up early doing school stuff and then real busy at work. I've told myself that I'm not going to do any cardio until I do a bob strength routine FIRST! I wrote it on my calendar for tomorrow and I think I can actually stick to it. It will be the first day of the week that I didnt have something to do or somewhere to go after work.

I was on plan all day! I logged everything. It was a good day. Not so good for my 2100mg of sodium I had today but, what can ya do? Not so many string cheese snacks, I guess. LOL Always tweaking....

Bedtime! Good night my friends!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #67  
~Krystal~

Diana: "Can you imagine the fun we could have! OMG! What did you do with coffee rum? That sounds so damn good! Fresh King Mackerel!"

In Tortuga at the Cayman's, I drank this rum STRAIGHT! It was so incredibly smooth, you didn't need a chaser! You could try samples at the shop for free & the barkeep left 4 opened bottles on the counter for us to "sample": Coffee, Pineapple, Coconut, and Original. The coffee was so scrumptious, I downed 1/4 of the 5th! I was a typical American for the 1st time on this trip, but I couldn't help myself!!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #68  
Trying to live below 200

K9 I wonder if you could buy the coffee rum in the States?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

I think I did super well today. I'm proud of myself for getting back on track. I went running for the second day, and I can't believe how much my endurance has improved since I started exercising (Slim in 6, Level 2). I ran 6K today (walked some of it, but ran more than I thought I could!). My body hurts, but my spirits feel good.

Kept calories in check. Good day! Want to have more of these days.
MustardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #70  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Darn insomnia!!!!!! I'll be dying tomorrow when I am in my step class!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #71  
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

Had my first (and likely last) spinning class yesterday. Even at the lowest height setting, the bikes are too high for me and now I have bruises and chafing. It was a pretty good workout though.

I let my boyfriend cook dinner this time since I was at the gym until late and he sabotaged me unintentionally. He said he was going to make a light dinner with chicken, peppers and onions, which would have been well within my remaining calories for the day. And then he went and drenched everything in satay sauce. But it's ok, it's only one day and he did mean well.
Kittenmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #72  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I was a typical American for the 1st time on this trip, but I couldn't help myself!!
K9, that's the point of vacation1 BE the typical American and "ooh" and "ahh" at everything! heck, you paid good $$ to get there and enjoy yourself, ya know? that coffee rum sounds DIVINE!!!!

For the record, I am DOWN with a 3FC cruise!! Not now, moneywise, LOL but when are we thinking? And are we thinking it for real?

Berry: Hope you were able to rest more! I hate sleep problems. Thinking of ya.

MustardFan: Rock on with your day! Sounds great! I love feeling those changes and improvements!

Kitten: Sorry that the spin bikes didnt work for you. I'm afraid of spinning. LOL BF sounds so sweet! He tried hard and that says a LOT! We're all learning together, he's in good company!

So today is good. I got 1 out of the 3 quizzes done just now and got a B. The scale was kind today. Down another 2 lbs to 188.8. Thank you, scale. I am settling back into logging my food again. It feels good. TOM's due in 7 days. I need to stay on plan to the letter to get rid of what water I can before he gives me 3#s of it back! LOL
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #73  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I had some crackers/crab dip last night. My calories should still be within a good range. I am up on the scale this morning. I really think my body doesn't like extra carbs like that.

Weigh In: 145.6
Up: .4
Old 10-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #74  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Krystal, that coffee rum sounds awesome. I'd love to try it. Tiramisu made with coffee rum?? Ooooo

packofneurons and Stacie3071,

MzJD Nice to see you again!

berry I hope you managed to get some sleep.

I'm back down to 235.4!!!!!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi all,

I've been away for a while, just stopping back to kind of say goodbye, I'll explain why.

I tried to keep up with everyone here, but this is such a busy board I found myself losing hours trying to keep track and respond to everyone. I know this isn't a requirement, but I'm the kind of person that feels bad if I don't keep up with others and respond. Soooo I started falling behind on my work or feeling really guilty for not checking in often enough, thus associating guilt and stress with weightloss - not a good mindset.

So although I'm still around, and I might check in occasionally, I need to break the habit of keeping up with everyone for my own sake. I wish you all the best with your healthy lifestyle changes and good luck for the future.

xx

I'm sure now I've said this I'll be on here more than ever! But mostly just wanted to explain my absence to be polite
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote