Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 03:07 AM   #76  

Hi
Hope you all had a good week. It sounded like it started off a little rough and bloated for quite a few of us. I think I may have successfully fended off a cold so hopefully I will be back at the gym tomorrow. I took my mom and sister to the cheesecake factory restaurant for dinner tonight. I was able to resist anything too unhealthy for dinner and shared a piece of dulce de leche caramel cheesecake with my mom and sis..we could only make it about 3/4 of the way through. I hope you all have some relaxation planned for this weekend. I am excited to hear how everyone's weigh-in goes
Claire
Old 02-08-2003, 08:33 AM   #77  

Default Will be going out this morning...

I'm up earlier than usual posting here! Well I'm probably going to end up buying a new scale. This always happens when someone at least 50 lbs heavier than me gets on the damn scale before I do. If I get on the scale after them thescale adds like 4-6 lbs. If I weigh myself like 3 days later the scale reads the 4-6 lbs less. I wasnt thrilled yesterday but the scale actually read 128-129 . And this morning? ugh! It went to 135? So I will weigh in on Wednesday to check. I've been doing 1 hr and 20 min of cardio 5 days a week. And I didnt cheat last weekend like I always do! The main things snacked on were lowfat ritz crackers ( 5 of them!) with 30 calorie slice Ham. So that wasnt it lol.And I cant gain 6 lbs in less than 24 hrs! sorry for babbling. But I think you are the only guys that totaly understand how we feel about the almighty scale! I feelso positive that I lost like 2 lbs,I see it on my stomach and feel it in my clothes. Ok enough of this lol. I will be on later tonight. I have to go and give the rest of the down payment so the construction begins this month on the new house.
My brother's house was built in 4 months! He's ready to move in,in 2 weeks. We picked the same house, I just picked a different style design for the front of the house. So I'll be going over there today and measure windows so I can get a headstart on how many yards I will need to make all those curtains.
I better go and start breakfast, I hear the little creatures waking up and giggling lol.
ttyl,Gen
Old 02-08-2003, 09:06 AM   #78  
determined chick!

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone. I forgot to report my loss for last week, so my combined loss for the two weigh ins is 5 lbs. I finally got back to drinking my water and I know I was retaining water in my leg so I think that explains the loss but I don't care, it's still a loss! I've decided I'm going to weigh myself less and set my weigh in goals here at a lower # so I won't be disappointed if I can't reach the big losses like I did in the beginning.
Baylee- I didn't like eating my lunch in the breakroom at work either. My co workers are loud and I like a nice quiet break away from that- so I eat my lunch in my car. I like to read, so I take my book and my lunch and get a mini break away in my car. I know it sounds extreme but if you don't feel comfortable in the break room, maybe it could be a solution for you.
Angie- I understand your MIL problems. My MIL came to our house after I'd lost 50 lbs and commented on how wonderful my husband looked, had he lost weight, and pretended I was invisible. Finally my husband pointed out that it was I who had lost and not him. MIL's can be hard to deal with sometimes, just know it's jealousy and don't let her get you down.
Well hope everyone has a good weigh in, take care. Di
Old 02-08-2003, 09:10 AM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cool NO LOSS!!!

Oh my gosh Di, I swear to god mine did that once too. It is amazing how evil some MIL can be.

I am reporting no loss this week. I can't complain because I think this is the only week since I started that I didn't lose anything and it was my own fault. I definately ate more fat free ice cream and WoW Dorito's then I should have. Here's to getting back on track!!

I hope everyone else had a better week then I did.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:06 AM   #80  
Smackin' into a Wall

Default Check in

Hi all!

I am down 2.2 this week. So with the dreaded gain last week, I am down 1.4 for the whole challenge. I am just happy that I seem to have been that mini plateau I was stuck in. I now weigh 154 and I feel great!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 02-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #81  

Good morning all. I think I put on a pound this week, but it should come back off fairly easily if I don't slip up again soon. I'm going to weigh myself again on Tuesday and see. Congrats to all the losers and the others who didn't gain as well!

Jen
238/227/140
Old 02-08-2003, 11:40 AM   #82  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

I'm spinning my wheels. My weight loss seems so slow - I've been stuck at 154 for more than a month. Grr. When I did this at 30 years old - I lost a very steady 2 pounds a week. So a word to the wise - do it NOW! LOL It doesn't get any easier.

Rusty - no loss, but no gain!
Old 02-08-2003, 01:01 PM   #83  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down So Cool!

Hello ladies! I am happy to report a 2 lb loss this week, putting me @ 185. 4 lbs loss this challenge with 5 more to go. The loss comes as a pleasant surprise because I was really having a difficult time with life in general this past week and didn't get back to my "normal" diet mindset until Wednesday. Chugging that extra liter of water daily and adding a new hill to the end of my regular walk seems to have done the trick. I just realized that I've hit my 30 lbs lost mark! Yippee! Don't mind me while I do a little dance for myself . Oh man, I am stoked!

Rusty those are very wise words. I don't remember losing weight being this difficult when I was in my early 20's...good job on your maintain!

Angie, you did double the work last week so a maintain is great. Besides, in my book you get extra points for having to deal with the evil MIL.

grizzlyschick and mad, great job on the losses.

Everyone else, i must say that we all rock since we're actually consciously doing something positive for our bodies. That beats being brain dead and eating your life away. You go girls! Love ya and have a wonderful day.

: Noelle
Old 02-08-2003, 02:17 PM   #84  

First off, CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!! Sounds like everyone had a pretty good week! I am again reporting a one pound loss. I wish I had one of those digital scales that are so accurate they can read incrimets of pounds. I think it's actually like a pound and a half but I can't be sure. When my dh finishes my new bathroom, He's promised it by Valentines Day, I'll need to buy one, so maybe I'll get a cool one. You know, we HAVE to have one in each bathroom you know!
So last night we went to Bravo for my late birthday dinner and I was sooo bad. I had bread dipped in flavored garlic oil followed by pasta in an alphredo sauce followed by Tiramisu. Could it be any worse?? But I don't care. We only go about twice a year and it was worth it. Heavenly!!!!! I didn't finish my meal or my desset though and we walked at the mall afterward. I have no guilt.
Take care all and have a great one!! TTFN,
Old 02-08-2003, 02:48 PM   #85  
Hardcore UFOs

I had a really rough week. This morning it culminates in a 1 pound gain from last week, at 268.5. I remember I had this same problem as I was entering the 270s, and the 280s too! I just have to remember that and NOT give up. Not that I am really considering it -- no worries, but still... I have been frustrated. At least my period is over now and I can get back to business.

I have five more exercise videos to try out this week from the library, so at least you know I will be moving my body a lot!

Congrats to everyone who showed a loss, and to those who didn't: hang in there! I'm not giving up, and neither should you!
Old 02-08-2003, 04:14 PM   #86  

Hi,
Checking in with a 1 pound loss this week. It is a slow process but steady I am going to reward myself with a couple new cds to workout to at the gym. I have to move this week so don't know if that is going to help or hinder my workout schedule and eating habits
Congrats on all the success
Claire
Old 02-08-2003, 10:34 PM   #87  

Default Weigh In

I will know for sure my weight when I weigh in by wednesday. I plan to get a digital scale. I'm just scared cause I know it will have a different weight!

Gen...Goal ..( Maintain current weight)

Rusty..Goal 4 lbs

bobsgal..Goal..8 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

Dipsntwists..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Madcat..Goal..5 lbs..Loss 2.2 lbs

Choci..GOal 12 lbs

grizzlyschick..Goal 5lbs..Loss 5 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 1 lb

Lidian..Goal 4 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 4 lbs

angieMe..Goal 8 lns

Appleblossom..Goal 6 lbs

Clarita..Goal 5 lbs.Loss 1 lb

Kina.. Goal 5 lbs

Bayle_b Goal.8 ..lbs Loss 2 lbs

melekalikimaka..Goal..9 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Last edited by Gennel; 02-10-2003 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:02 PM   #88  

Hi everyone! Congrats, as usual, to all the losers - well done!

I am officially maintaining but yesterday showed a 1/2 lb loss (back up today but it is going to be the TOM very soon, like on Monday!)...so the same again, but quite optimistic about next week.

Lidian
Old 02-09-2003, 02:23 AM   #89  

Cool

Hi
I'm afraid to get on the scale. Can we just say maintain for this week? I was really good today. I didn't eat anything to throw me off. And I went joggin AND the whole family went for a walk. It was fun, although walking with a 3 year old is snail's pace. My favorite exercise is definately the outside type. I have to have my fresh air!
Choci-great idea about borrowing exercise vids from the library. I have a few duds in my collection, what a great way to avoid another mistake! I'm going to check out the selection next time i'm there.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:02 AM   #90  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Has anyone tried the Fit to the Hits? My book club is offering two tapes - one is Motown hits and the other is Rock n' Roll like The Stones. Just wanna know if I'm up to it. The tape is from Tamilee Webb. Length?
Closed Thread