Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 12:34 PM   #31  

Default ROFL Angie lol

Aww Angie your poor hubby has the job of touching boobys to see if theyare shrinking! I cant count the times I did that to my husband lol. With all the weight you've lost so far I'm sure they have shrunk! When I was in a size D cup I was very uncomfortable, I had bra marks on my shoulders for a very long time. They have disappeared thank God! Ihated sleeping on my stomach because my boobs were in the way. Another thing that I didnt realize was each time I brushed my teeth the toothpaste would drip right on my shirt where my boobs were. Now whenI brush my teeth the toothpaste drips straight into the sink! I think that says it all lol. I constantly would get food on my shirt when I ate a meal. That hasnt happened anymore either lol. As far as comfort goes I agree with you 100% smaller is better! Smaller not microscopic! lol

well I better get going,
ttyl
Gen
Old 01-29-2003, 02:14 PM   #32  

Yes, thats my dog Sabrina. She is an awesome dog!!! She is great with the kids but is a fierce home protector. My husband travels alot and I feel as safe as can be with her around. She would probably give her life protecting us. She is a runt, she was sick as a puppy and the she had a litter of her own before she was even 1, so she is the smallest Rot I have ever seen but she makes up for it with heart.
Gennel, sorry I only just read your pm to me. Thank you so much for your thoughts and support!!
I could probably figure this out for myself but I'm lazy, what's TOPS?
I like my boobs. I'm hoping nothing happens to them when I lose weight.
I skipped dinner last night because I had a meeting and the ate 3 handfuls of tortilla chips and a peice of raisin bread when I got home.
If I don't shape up for the rest of the week I'm afraid I won't have good news on Sat. So I'm going for the dumb bells right NOW!!
Old 01-29-2003, 07:56 PM   #33  

My boobs are the only place I'm not losing! I'm a 36DD now. Started out in a 38-40DD. WAAHH.... I would love to be a 34B, that is my ideal size. If I ever get my reduction, that's the size I'll shoot for. DH has promised me a tummy tuck and a reduction when I want. I'm just waiting to be 100% sure we're done having kids. before I could ever go through with it.
I bought jeans that don't fit today. They are sz 14 from Old Navy. I can get them on, and zipped but it is not a pretty, or comfortable picture!!! I've got to keep myself motivated somehow and clothing seems to do it for me.
Tops, Taking Off Pounds Sensibly. It's a support group. I think they meet once a month. HTHs,
Old 01-29-2003, 11:20 PM   #34  

Hi all.
Thought I'd post before I collapse into my bed. I've been letting grandma run me ragged for 3 days now. Every 2 hours or so at night, she calls out to me. More like every 15 minutes during the day if I'm not close enough for her to see. I took her to the doctor today and he gave her a clean bill of health. All the symptoms she's exhibiting are just signs of very old age. He says it's not unusual for her to be dozing in and out all the time. Day and night. I know there was no one coming in to her every 2 hours at night while she was in the home. I also know she was left alone for hours at a time during the day. Fed, given meds, changed (occassionally) but mostly left alone.
My mother and my sister both say, make sure she's clean, warm and safe in her bed and tell her I'm going to bed and I'll see her in the morning. That's what I've done tonight. We'll see how it goes. She doesn't ever particularly need anything when she calls me, just wants to know I'm there. Sometimes she wants to turn over. Mostly she just says, "I don't think I really need anything, do I?" when I ask her what I can do for her. Sometimes, I'll turn her over and ask her how that is and she'll say, "Oh...I think I'm alright if someone could just help me get turned over." I guess her mind is just going downhill really rapidly. I don't know what it's like to be 96, but I imagine she's just uncomfortable no matter what position she's in. You and I toss and turn all night if we're having trouble getting comfortable. She has a hard time moving herself, so she calls on me.
I wonder if one of those fancy foam mattresses or air-pocket mattresses that they advertise on TV would help. Oh well. I know I got long-winded here again. I didn't do my workout today, just too much going on what with getting grandma to the doctor and such and just being plain exhausted. Food was good today, though, and the water too. My daughter's settled in for the night and now it's my turn. Just to sleep for maybe 5 or 6 hours straight would be lovely.

Jen
238/228/140
Old 01-30-2003, 01:00 AM   #35  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I hadn't clicked on Subscribe to this thread so I wasn't recieving the notices of posts. Needless to say I have much to catch up on. I love the Rott; he is adorable. I myself would like to have a weiney dog only because my parents will give in to a small dog. I always have my DH check my butt to see if it is firming up. There's nothing I hate more about myself than a saggy butt. LOL So I always have him get the hand test. LOL *blush* As for my boobs well I have actually gone down a cup-size since my 30 lb loss. I just wish I could lose it in my gut. ugh.

Well it is late. I am off to bed. Talk to you all again.
Kina
Old 01-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #36  
Sarcasm Queen

Geez Louise! You all are so quick! I thought if I waited for the next challenge then I wouldn't have so much to catch up on. Cripes.

Update: I am now working with inches. It is impossible to weigh myself since I left the scale at home 150 miles away. There's no way I can be a slave to the numbers again. As a result, I now work to loose in inches.

My starting inches (01/15):

Bust: 41
Waist: 34
Hips: 46
Thighs: 27

My present inches (01/30):

Bust: 40
Waist: 32
Hips: 45
Thighs: 27

My 1st goal inches:

Bust: 39
Waist: 29
Hips: 39
Thighs: 23

So I'm down 4 inches since I started about 2 weeks ago. For this challenge, Gennel can you put me down for 5 inches?? I know it's not in pounds like everyone else, but I don't have what it takes to work in pounds.

I am off to the gym right now. I will read everyone's posts and do the proper greeting when I get back and have had a shower. Later ladies!

~Sahvara
Old 01-30-2003, 02:56 PM   #37  

This is going to sound like a strang question but do you guys find that as the week goes on it gets harder to drink all of the water you need? I have been drinking at least a gallon a day and today I think if I drink any more I will hurl. I have only gotten down 32 oz. so far. I told you it was a weird question.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:06 PM   #38  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Kempy there is a condition that has something to do with over-hydration but I can't remember what it is. It is something that usually high-endurance athletes (marathoners, long-distance runners, etc.) have in that when they sweat a lot and then drink a lot of plain water to re-hydrate, the sodium and other mineral balance in their bloodstream gets diluted to dangerously low levels. I'm not trying to scare ya or anything, just remember reading that somewhere. Try checking online. If you feel like you're gonna hurl I'd just put the cup or bottle down already .
Old 01-31-2003, 02:45 AM   #39  

Hi All! It's been pretty quiet around here. I hope you are all having a healthy and happy week. I have been doing fairly well with a few minor mishaps..most involving chocolate.

I have a friend who recently lost about 45 lbs and looks incredible. I was slightly envious because she seemed to do it so effortlessly and quickly. Today, I found out that early on she supplemented her diet with Metabolife pills.

I am glad that I am doing things the natural way. This is the way that works for me: Getting that heart pumping and cutting out a lot of junk food and replacing it with healthy choices.

Lets hear how everyone is doing! Weigh-In is approaching rapidly, good luck

(Thanks for the compliments on the pic y'all are looking pretty darn gorgeous and healthy yourselves!)
Old 01-31-2003, 08:39 AM   #40  

Default Metabolife

I've see so many people using Metabolife or Metabolite...same thing.I can't understand why the FDA has not banned these products. I know it's a lot to do with that their" Natural Herbs" so its not a drug etc... I tried the Metabolife/Metabolite once for about a week. This was before I decided to do it the old fashioned way. It was HORRIBLE. I cant believe how these people get on tv and say how wonderful this product is! You do lose weight there is no doubt about it. Well first of all you're so damn wired from the Mahuang, it has many many names.Basically I called this "Legal Crack" I started taking the suggested dosage which was 3 pills a day.I had goosebumps all the time,my heart was beating almost out of my chest,had nightmares,bad mood swings. I even tried lowering the dosage to 1 pill a day and I still had the side effects ,just not as strong.They had a special report once on 20/20 about these pills. Many people ended up dead,in the hospital too. One young guy had a heartattack and died in the Gym. The doctors could not understand at first how such a strong healthy guy could have a heartattack. It turned out he was using these type of pills to lose some weight.
The mood swings I had were strange. I was just cranky and would snap in a second . I knew it was the pills cause I would tell myself (calm down,calm down its just these stupid pills) I remember smacking my chest hard so the palpitations would go away. I remember that I normally would wake up slowly if I heard a noise or something . But when I was taking those pills if I was sleeping and heard a noise I would jump out of bed almost falling off the bed with my heart pounding like I had just done aerobics!I would never wake up calmly and relaxed. My husband saw the 20/20 special and went straight to my pills and flushed them down the toilet. If he didnt do it I was going to do it myself after watching that show! A few months later I decided to do this on my own and that was Feb 2002.
Sorry Clarita! But as soon as I read the word Metabolife it brought back unpleasant memories. You are right not to feel envious anymore of your friend who lost all the weight using this product.

well that's all for now
Gen
Old 01-31-2003, 01:40 PM   #41  

You guys are right. The Metabolife and others like it are dangerous. Ma Huang is a natural herb and taken in it's pure, whole form in moderation can help to boost your energy without zapping your immune system. The herb itself contains what is neccessary to counteract or buffer it's own "side effects", but when companies extract the parts they've identified as "useful", leave the rest out and then combine that with caffeine, you have an incredibly dangerous combination. That's what those types of diet aides do. It's bad news.
As far as food goes for me, I've never spent so much time counting calories in my life. And what a lesson in portion control. I have to count calories for my grandma to see that she gets 1200 to 1500 a day. It's a fight all the way. Nothing tastes good to her. Much of the time, I fix something seperate for me and/or my daughter to eat. Sometimes, though, it just isn't practical. Everything I cook for her is as high in fat and calories as I can possibly get them. The doctor said don't worry about quality at this point. Quantity and a multi-vitamin a day. I add heavy whipping cream to her milk! I'm doing O.K. though. No snacking much and being so busy seeing that she eats, I don't have time to snarf down extra food at meals! I'm sure I'll be able to put down a loss tomorrow. I can't wait.

Jen
238/228/140
Old 01-31-2003, 03:07 PM   #42  

Default Jen

Wow Jen, It sounds like you have your hands full with grandma . I dont know if I could deal with it with as much patience as you.
My mom is in her late 60's and is showing some signs of slowing down. She visits me at least 4 days a week and spends most the time in my house . So I know if anything were to happen to her she would end up with me. We get along good but she has her habits and they drive me crazy!!! Like when she stays over she ALWAYS has to fill a glass of water and put it next to the kitchen sink. I didnt notice at first and I would pour the water out and put it on the dish rack. She would then see the glass was gone and ask who emptied it! I asked her why she does this and I wanted to crack up when she told me. She says you never know if the water gets cut off for any reason that we have that glass of water there. I asked her " What will I do with a glass of water ? throw it on my face to cool myself off? " Or like putting all the small pots,pans,plates to dry behind the kitchen faucet. That drives me crazy! cause the water drips allover the place. Im one of those that the sink area is dry and clean. Oh well thats just the tip of the ice lol

ttyl,Gen
Old 02-01-2003, 12:01 PM   #43  

Good morning ladies. Everyone must be busy busy this morning! I'm reporting a one pound loss again this week. I have got to do better. I hope you all have better luck!
Today we are having a birthday party for my kids. My dd is 1 today and my ds is 8 tomorrow. It should be insane around here tonight. I'll be 29 on Monday but I seem to have lost my birthday when I had them so close. Hard to believe that I was cradling my newborn one year ago today. I'm kind of sad because she might be our last baby and it just flew by. I spent way too much at Gymboree but she's going to look sooo cute at the party tonight!! I've got to pull out the camera! Can you tell how hard I'm trying to keep her my little baby? And my son is huge. He'll probably be a good football player someday. Oh well, lots to do today, have a great weekend everybody!!!
Old 02-01-2003, 12:20 PM   #44  
Hardcore UFOs

Serina -- I know it's hard to appreciate "just" a one-pound loss, but try to celebrate every little step forward! You are doing the right things, and you are succeeding! One pound is nothing to be disappointed in. I say, "Congratulations and keep up the good work!"

I'm checking in with a 2 pound loss from last week (the end of the last challenge), down to 267.5. 250s, here I come! It's hard to believe, but I'm trying to adjust! *BIG grin*

I haven't been as active posting lately, just feeling more like keeping to myself, but I do read all the posts and enjoy it and always inspired by them. On the Metabolife issue, I am trying to talk my mom out of using it! She really wants to lose weight, and has got 10 pounds off fairly quickly but hit a plateau. She feels like the Metabolife is helping her from at least gaining any weight. I am trying to be as supportive as possible, giving her pep talks and telling her that at the very least, eating more healthful foods and keeping an eye on her portions will be beneficial even if she doesn't show a loss.

I mean, she's an expert dieter too and knows all the spiels... but as we all know it is a hard road! I wish I could be more helpful, but at the same time I know that this is something she needs to find in her heart, as I have.

Anyway... I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Love you all!

~ Amy
Old 02-01-2003, 12:22 PM   #45  

Default Weigh In Chart later today

I'll be doing the chart later on since I havent gotten any weight loss reports yet I'm still maintaining at 130 lbs. My husband gained back 10 lbs and wants to lose it so I started a challenge for him and a friend of his that weighs the same as him. They have a 3 week challenge and he wants to lose 10 lbs. I dont think thats reasonable but he loses it so fast always! I hate him!! lol I joined with him as well to lose 5 lbs but I wont hold my breath. I dont remember the last time I weighed 125! Anyway I am pleased with my current weight. The one who reaches their goal first get's taken to their favorite restaurant . The losers have to pay for the meal. IT doesnt seem fair that I only need 5 lbs for this challenge but my hubby is aware that I have lost all my weight already and losing 1 lb would probably take me 1 and a half weeks! I'm doing this to support him reach his goal and it wouldnt hurt if I lost 1-2 lbs. If they dont reach their goals Iwill do another challenge for them and this time the prize will be money.
They might put $50 for each and the winner will get the $100 prize!

Well enough chatter for now,ttyl.
Gen
Closed Thread