Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 12:43 PM   #46  

I'm down 2 pounds! This is more like it.
Serina, I want to echo what Amy said. A loss is a loss. Whether it's one pound or ten. I know in a perfect world, we would never eat anything that's not OP. We would always excercise and drink our water. But it's not a perfect world and none of us is perfect either! Congratulate yourself for losing a pound. Well done!

Jen
238/226/140
Old 02-01-2003, 01:11 PM   #47  

Oops!
I meant to tell you Gennel, you are an amazing woman. Not only have you kept these challenges going for the women here, but you're helping you hubby and his friend in the same way!
As far as grandma goes, she is a handful for me, but not a problem as far as personality and quirks go. 5 years ago I would never have dreamed of living in the same house as her, let alone being her primary caregiver. Her health has declined, though, to a point where she doesn't have the energy or brainpower to be manipulative and ornery like she used to be. Now she's very sweet and only demanding in that she gets fearful at times and needs reassurance (sometimes every 10 minutes) that I'm here and going to keep her safe and take care of her. It's a good arrangement.

Jen
Old 02-01-2003, 02:42 PM   #48  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hello everyone. I lost 4 pounds this week! YEAH! I tried to post that this morning but it got lost. I am at 162 pounds and have lost a total of 44.5 pounds so far. My jeans are fitting me awesomely this week so I am stoked!!!

I am proud of all of your losses and I hope everyone else has a great weigh in.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:36 PM   #49  

Thumbs down

Way to go ladies! You guys have certainly started this challenge off on the right foot. I am down 1 lb this week. Nothing to sneeze at If there is any change on the scale it tends not to show until Monday so this is a 1lb loss left over from earlier this week. I am focusing on my muscles feeling stronger and having more energy more than the numbers on the scale right now. Slowly but surely it will happen
Old 02-01-2003, 04:45 PM   #50  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone, such a sad day today with the Space Shuttle and all. I still have goose bumps when I turn the tv on and watch the reports. I still remember the last tragedy...my heart goes out to the crew's families and that God gives them strength to get through this difficult time.

I am happy to report a 2 lb loss this week. Down to 187, 28 lbs loss so far. Can't wait to hit that 30 lb mark and beyond. Congratulations to all of you great ladies for all of your efforts and losses, especially Gen for continuing these challenges.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:59 PM   #51  

Maintaining at 144 but that is OK as I had a stressful week - glad not to have gained. I have a new paper journal that I like a lot & I know this will help me stay on the straight and narrow next week...Congrats to all you losers! Well done!!

Lidian
Old 02-01-2003, 10:43 PM   #52  

Default Weigh In Chart 2/01/03

Ok! Now I see some really wonderful weigh ins this week!!!!!
You people dont know how amazing you are. Your hardwork will pay off , I Promise!!

Here goes ....

Gen...Goal ..( Maintain current weight)

Rusty..Goal 4 lbs

bobsgal..Goal..8 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Dipsntwists..Goal 8 lbs

Madcat..Goal..5 lbs

Choci..GOal 12 lbs...Loss 2 lbs

grizzlyschick..Goal 5lbs

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 1 lbs

Lidian..Goal 4 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 4 lbs

angieMe..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 4 lbs

Appleblossom..Goal 6 lbs

Clarita..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 1 lbs

Kina.. Goal 5 lbs

Bayle_b Goal..lbs..Loss 5 lbs

melekalikimaka..Goal..9 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Sahvara..Goal 5 inches

shar0218..Goal.. 10 lbs

Last edited by Gennel; 02-04-2003 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:31 AM   #53  

Hello! No weight loss this week. I just wasn't inspired. It happens. my eating has been really bad but worse, I've been doing very little exercise. Hopefully I can turn it around next week.
I have a question though. Just in the past year my body has been more sensitive to my monthly cycle. I never used to know when I was ovulating and now its like a second pms each month. It's awful. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it that I'm getting old? (I'm 38) Maybe I should go on the pill.
Kemp- I think 1/2 gallon is plenty. Personally, I have a hard time getting that much down. And I need too because I'm prone to dehydration headaches, especially when I exercise alot.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:03 AM   #54  
Smackin' into a Wall

I've been lurking but haven't had time to post this week. The discussions have been really interesting. You guys are all postive. Gotta love that kind of energy and humour.

Not a fabulous week weightwise for me in that I gained .8 lb - but I'm not freaking out since it could be nothing more than water retention. Even if it is not, I'll get there next week!!!

Gennel. Yeah I dunno why the FDA allows unregulated herbal diet medications either. I have a really good friend whose husband died last year. He had an enlarged heart (which was supposed to be a non life threatening condition) and he had a heart attack and died in my friend's arms. He was dieting and taking a supplement containing an ephedra-like compound to help lose weight. He was only 42.

Jen. You are pretty amazing! You are so patient and kind to your Grandma. Congratulations on the loss, too!

Choci. Way to go girl on the loss! I think just keeping to yourself is just the thing you need to do... like hypernating until spring comes. Or just rumenating on a thought until it's ready to be spoken of.

Angie. New dog. New jeans. What more can you ask for?

Melekalikimaka. Good job losing this week.

Clarica. I'm with you in that I am sort of focusing more on the exercise part rather than the numbers on the scale - which may explain a few things about this week *L* Congrats on your week.

Congrats to everyone else too. Things are looking up!!! And we are going to get there. With a little help...

Last edited by Madcat; 02-02-2003 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:08 PM   #55  

Hello all. I'm feeling better about my loss today, yesterday was a wierd day for me. Today has been pretty good so far. I really didn't feel like getting on the treadmill this morning but I forced myself. Then I ran an entire mile without slowing to a walk. An entire mile! I've been working on that for months now! I'm feeling encouraged to push for at least 2 pounds this week!! 173 here I come! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, TTFN,
Old 02-02-2003, 11:12 PM   #56  

Wow these weekends go by fast. I hope that you all had a good one. I felt pretty crummy all day due to cocktails last night with friends. There is no way around it alcohol is terrible for your health in so many ways. Eating went well today. I am just indulging in one of my favorite treats. I get frozen berries from the supermarket microwave them till they are nice and hot top this with light whipped cream and a sprinkle of sugar...mmm fruity warm treat its like pie without the fatty pastry.

I better go work off that dash of sugar off at the gym.
Laney way to go on the One Mile!!!! Many times accomplishments like that mean so much more to us than any change on the scale could. AWESOME!

Does anyone else have any athletic/physical goals that they are trying to reach?
Old 02-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #57  
Smackin' into a Wall

Default physical goal

I would like to be able to do those Yoga/Pilates moves where I sit upright with my legs open and reach down to my toes... I have really, really stiff hips and tight hamstrings so it's something I've never been able to do... but I will. Just wait...

Anyone else?

And one mile is awesome, Laney!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 11:43 AM   #58  
Hardcore UFOs

I do have fitness goals as well, but they are more general at this point... What is at the top of my list is gaining more flexibility -- it's a tough one! I've tried a tape or two and find that my fat is what gets in the way sometimes, especially my belly. I'm working on that problem as well, though!

I'm taking it one step at a time, happy in knowing that I make progress every time I work out.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:02 PM   #59  

Thanks for the congrats guys. No one around here seems too thrilled about hearing about it, so you all made my day! And I know what you mean about the fat getting in the way too! It seems like I could stretch much further if my belly would just get out of the way!! Baby crying, TTFN,
Old 02-03-2003, 03:28 PM   #60  

First I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SERINA!!

Now, I have been really busy at work and at home. I just wanted to hop on and say that I have lost 2 lbs so far for this challenge. Only 2 more to go.

I can't stay on long but I wanted to tell everyone that they are doing great and to keep it up.

I'll be back later.
Closed Thread