Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 06:52 PM   #16  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down Count me in please!

Hey Ladies! I'd like to join this challenge if I may. Right now my next goal is to get down to 180 by my 8th wedding anniversary on 2/25/03. Therefore I want to lose 9 lbs in the next 4 weeks and I need a lot of people to keep me honest and motivated. I feel like I "know" some of you already just by your journal entries and from other threads hi Angie and Kempy...I know I'll be in good company.

Here's a little about me: I am 31 years old, married w/one 4 y.o. son and live on the island of O'ahu, Hawaii. I sit at a desk for most of the day helping my DH run our plumbing contracting business. I am 5'3" short and I started this journey 3 mos. ago when my weight reached 215 lbs. I would like to get down to 150 then re-evaluate my health and fitness goals, eventually getting down to 135-140. I have managed to lose 26 lbs so far. I feel much better than I did 3 mos. ago and although I do slip up now and then (who doesn't?) I have not given up thanks to the support of all the wonderful people on this site. I look forward to this challenge and getting to know more about all of you. Let's do it!

Aloha,
Noelle
Old 01-27-2003, 07:50 PM   #17  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Noelle. I'm glad you joined our challenge. It is a great group of girls. You'll enjoy it here.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:06 AM   #18  

I just ordered some lite fudge truffle bars from
Bodega Chocolates I read about them in Self Magazine it said they are only 110 calories for bar. I am going to see if an infrequent snack of this lite bar will curb my cravings. I am a chocolate fiend

I will make sure to let you all know how they taste. I am sure there are some over chocoholics lurking among us.

Stay warm everyone!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:48 AM   #19  

Hello everyone. Welcome to Stephanie and Noelle.
Clarita, if I remember correctly, there are many chocolate lovers among us. I'm definitely one and so I would have to ask, how many bars in a package since I would probably be unable to eat just one!
I binged a bit yesterday. Not really terrible, but it was unexpected and annoying. I found one last box of girl-scout cookies from last year while I was doing all my cleaning and re-arranging last week. Yesterday I opened them. A serving size is 2 cookies at 150 calories. I believe I had around 14 of them! That may sound bad to some of you, but generally when I get going on a binge, I can eat 2000-3000 calories worth of junk at one sitting. Anyway, when I was mentally counting up my calories for the day after I'd gone to bed last night, I realized that my dinner was still sitting in the microwave. I had gotten so busy with my grandma and my daughter that I'd forgotten to eat it! I could never understand people who "forgot" to eat. What kind of craziness is this???
I've done my WATP videos 2 days running now and my daughter is starting to be interested in doing them with me again. That helps keep me motivated. I'm a bit tired. Grandma isn't sleeping well at night and wakes up fearful(?) wanting someone to come and help her. When I go in and ask her what she needs, generally she says, "Well... nothing really." Then I play a guessing game to see what she might really need. Usually if I can't figure anything out, I just help her get turned over and she goes back to sleep for a couple of hours. I think she's just so used to being left alone at the nursing home that she needs reassurance that she's being taken care of now.
Sorry for such a long post. I'll check in again later (briefly, I promise)

Jen
238/228/140
Old 01-28-2003, 08:49 AM   #20  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Clarita, You are so pretty. Definately let me know if they are good. I love chocolate.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:06 AM   #21  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Jen - you really can express yourself. Your binge is my binge. LOL Once I lose it - it is very hard to stop with 2 of anything. But counting, counting, counting really seems to help me get thru most days within a couple hundred calories of my goal.

Lately I've been considering things like apples and V8 juice and grapes to be free food. I can't keep track of every baby carrot or handful of cereal I eat to hold me til my meals. I know it slows me down but as long as the snack is healthy and low-low-fat I think that it is a part of a healthy eating regimen and needs to be encouraged.

Doesn't WW have free foods? Is there ANYTHING that you can eat endlessly besides celery?
Old 01-28-2003, 11:02 AM   #22  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

Hey Rusty- If there is any "free foods" Chances are we won't be interested in them How nice it would be though.

Jen, I had a girl scout cookie experiance too and I decided after eating about 6 cookies that I better quit while I was ahead so I gave the rest of the box to a guy that i work with. He's one of those Eat-what-i-want-and-don't-gain-an-ounce folks. He felt kind of bad about that for a split second and offered to pay me for the box, I gladly accepted

I'm really trying to stay on track here. I'm focusing on my goal and i will not let go. I gained enough weight over the holidays and I'm slowly getting rid of that plus the weight i originally intended to lose.

anyhow, Clarita, Angie is right, you are very pretty.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:40 AM   #23  

Yes, there are "free" foods with WW. Any pure vegetable is free. And I gound a recipe for what they call 0 Point Soup. It is a veggie soup and it is surprisingly good! I try to eat two bowls a day. It really helps me get my veggies in. I gotta go, I'm watching my sisters baby while she showers plus I have to get ready for my drs apt for my little boob problem Take Care, TTFN,
Old 01-28-2003, 12:16 PM   #24  

I am actually down .5 lbs for this challenge already. Wow, that was fast. I didn't think it would be that fast. So, only 3.5 lbs to go for the rest of this challenge.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:47 PM   #25  

Good for you Kemp! I'm probably up .5 so far, due to an encounter with a really large chocolate chip cookie.
Its warm here today and it reminds me of how NOT READY I am for warm weather clothes. I used to just have a phobia about my legs but now my arms are TOO big. Ugh. I'm going to lift my dumb bells RIGHT NOW. And take some measurements too. Bye!
Old 01-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #26  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Apple Blossom is that your Rottie? My mom has 3 of them. They are huge babies. LOL
Old 01-29-2003, 09:15 AM   #27  

Default Need to add more exercise!

I'm really trying to add a little more exercise .I would love to add at least 15 minutes to my hour workout at the Gym. I go with hubby and the kids and he does 1 hr of weights. I do my elliptical machine for 1 hr. I just cant give that machine up.I know it takes months or even up to 2 yrs for your skin to shrink and firm up. I feel so soft! Overall I'm very satisfied with my weight loss. I have to stop comparing myself to other woman at the Gym! If we do that there will always be someone with the better body,perfect abs,perfect butt, I could go on and on lol. Yesterday while I was on the mosnter machine at the gym this woman walks in carrying a 1-2 yr old on her hip and holding a toddler who's about 3 yrs old. Well she had sweat pants rolled down to her hips. She had the flattest stomach I've ever seen! She had a belly ring, not just a belly ring it was like a tiny diamond link chain hanging . I swear her stomach looked like a mannequin! That's when I start to see my reflection in the glass and I see a fat person, then I see a thin me....lol. I swear I see myself at least 20 lbs more than I am. My sister says Im nuts and I'm too little and I better not lose anymore.But then I see these woman at the Gym who weigh around 110-120 at the most andthey dont look like skin and bones to me. But they are wearing like those bikini shorts and a sports bra. I wear those at home for my hubby but never for the gym! lol I remember when I was near 200 lbs and I would swear up and down that if I ever ,ever got down to 130 lbs that I would wear a bikini,cut off shirts,belly showing clothes.... Well let me just say I lied to myself! I do wear the short tops and snug jeans,shorts. Now I complain(only to myself) that Iwish my boobs were bigger! I am nuts people! First my boobs were too big at 38D-40D I hated being that big. Now Im a 34C or 36C if they have any padding. I think I'm just having one of those strange days lol. Ok I think I did enough whining for one month?
Hope everyone is having a good day . I might not post every single day but I do read the posts ,sometimes I just dont have time to reply but I am here ladies I wont stop these challenges until the first group that joined reachies their goals! You ladies know who you are! We will have to all meet one day!
ttyl,Gen
Old 01-29-2003, 09:24 AM   #28  

Baylee - no pressure or anything - dinner out with the TOPS folks. LOL

Any competition, I wonder, to order the smallest meal and skip dessert? I wonder if everyone tabulates everyone else's calorie load?

Last night I watched What Women Want with Mel Gibson reading women's minds and I laughed when he walked by one woman in the park and she was counting up, "Let's see, 150 for half a bagel, and a pat and a half of butter is another 150..." Sound familiar? I think the movie underestimated how often women think about their weight.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:26 AM   #29  

Oh, and by the way...

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~geoffo/humour/flattery.html
Old 01-29-2003, 10:06 AM   #30  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I like having smaller boobs Gennel. I am probably the only woman in the world who is happy that her boobs are shrinking. I make Jay touch them everyday and I say "are they shrinking?" HAHA I don't know how happy he is about it. I was the first girl in my class to grow boobs so I was automatically labeled slut through out my teens so I think that may be why I don't care to have big ones. You don't know the pain of big boobs until you give birth to twins and then fill up with milk for 2. OUCH!! I couldn't sleep on my side or have anything touch me I was so sore. I knew how a cow felt right then.
Closed Thread