Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #241  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

You can do it, stacy!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Larry Which Stevia do you like? The one that I like is Stevia in the Raw. DH is old school and prefers Sweet 'n Low. Although, he doesn't like any of it and prefers sugar.
Diana I also prefer and use Stevia in the Raw almost always and sometimes I have used Sun Crystals.

For tea and cereal my DW is a Sweet 'n Low junkie.

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 07-16-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #243  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

sweet n low junkie...I thought I was the only one. My DH says it's yucky, has a chemical after taste. MMMM that's the part I like
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
sweet n low junkie...I thought I was the only one. My DH says it's yucky, has a chemical after taste. MMMM that's the part I like
Now this is very funny!! "it's yucky, has a chemical after taste. MMMM that's the part I like"

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #245  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Stacy Hang in there! I know you can do this. You came back here for a reason. You must want this more than you realize. Build on it and make it work for you.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #246  
PhDelicious

S/C/G: 256/ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

Whew!

Yesterday was not so good - I didn't end up having time to do my evening workout and I succumbed to a stress binge - total calorie intake was 2688 minus about two hundred from my morning walk. I was sooo tired all day yesterday, I'm still feeling it. But my mom is doing much better today, she even asked if we could go out somewhere (she's got severe agoraphobia, so her wanting to go outside the house is HUGE!) and my friend made it through yesterday's surgery without too many hangups. I just finished making lunch for everybody, I think I may go to the store and then take my mom to the park.

Diana: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I went to Red Lobster for my graduation dinner, I love that place! I'm sorry to hear about your allergy troubles - as someone who's been allergic to nuts my whole life, I can tell you that nut allergies in particular are very fickle things. Since I've always been allergic I've never been tempted, but I studied in Scotland for a semester last spring and accidentally ate something that had been cooked in peanut oil. I expected the usual (I'm not anaphylactic, I have a less common reaction that involves rashes and digestive issues), but nothing happened. I went to the doctor and explained it, and he said that a lot of Americans have nut allergies that disappear or become less severe when they go abroad for extended periods of time. Nut allergies are pretty much unique to the US, a feature of what he said was way too many chemicals in our food. Something to think about!

WannaBe: Props on resisting the cake. It's one of my worst temptations, so I definitely sympathize.

Jeniansmom: A cup of tea always helps me when I've got an upset stomach, though I like the pita idea!

Larry: My mom is the same way, she gets a terrible headache if she has any kind of artificial sweetener.

Shishkeberry: CONGRATS! Reaching 25 pounds is a wonderful achievement. I haven't been taking pictures either, but people have just started noticing the loss (mostly they see it in my face), and I'm just shy of 30 pounds lost.

stacygee: YOU CAN DO IT!! You're so close!

alaskan: Chewing gum was one of the best tips I got about staving off cravings. You should also try brushing your teeth. The minty flavor tends to taste nasty with anything sweet you'd be craving.

mamakat: Isn't it such a cool feeling to see other people taking a cue from you? My brother is always talking about how much he hates fruits and veggies, but I've found that if I cut up oranges or apples or cucumbers and leave them on the table next to him, he'll keep munching on them till they're gone. Much better than potato chips!

Isabella: Have fun on holiday!

shellsbrood: Congrats on reaching the 170s!

Sorry if I missed anyone, I'll try to catch up with everybody later!
SMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Thank you for the warm welcome back mamakat, shishkeberry, Diana and SMess!

I read through so many posts and saw so many new posters!

Berry I think you got past the onederland milestone since I have been gone. Congrats!

Larry: How is the calorie cycling working for you?

I'll check in throughout the day today. I am concentrating on having a vigilant start back to lose these lasst pounds to get to the milestone of losing 100.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #248  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

welcome back stacy!!

im getting a slow start to the morning...need to do some recycling today and some errands...DH is going to work on his boat and i'm sure our son will be following him around up there...it's a 24-foot cabin cruiser that he's getting ready to take out in the water...he has to put all the mechanical parts back together and replace a few parts....it's his pet project lol...strangely i dont have much to do today...i HATE not having anything to do...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #249  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Wow...so many new faces.

I feel like I have to introduce myself all over again

Doing great. Weight at 151 lbs!!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #250  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Stacygee So nice to see you back! You have been missed!

Alaskanlaughter I would so love NOT having something to do! Is there such a thing?

SMess Sorry you had a rough day yesterday, but glad your mom and your friend had a better day. If you don't mind me asking, don't recall you saying, but what is your mom dealing with health-wise besides agoraphobia?

LarryH I think calorie cycling makes sense for so many reasons - starting with, isn't that more like natural eating? I don't think we ever said, "Oh, I need 1500 on the dot".

nomorexcuses hope the pantry cleanse and journaling is a help to you.

JeniansmomIsn't it crazy how we have to learn about our body's responses all over again? I know initially I was a bit sleepy, but once my body adjusted to exercise and my new eating it got better - a lot better.

wannabeloseragain Congrats on avoiding the cake!

Diana3271 Sounds like some nice plans. I've never had lobster as I'm not partial to seafood. Fish, yes, seafood, no. It's a texture thing. Red Lobster, or a chain is a great place to go and have OPTIONS for low calorie and low carb, so it's a standby for us 'if' we never need to eat out.

And sorry this allergy thing has been a crazy ride. Nuts, huh? Wonder if it's all nuts or some? My cousin-in-law's wife (???) is allergic to all nuts, but not peanuts. My MIL is allergic to hazelnuts but no other nut (and she got allergic to that in Europe where hazelnuts are much more common than here).

shishkaberry yay on the 25 pounds lost!!!! it took my husband quite awhile to notice a difference too and it is because they see you every day. But you KNOW you are making a difference! yay you!!!

Mamakat Now you know 'expecting' a pound a day is kind of unrealistic, right? Imagine if we all could lose 100 pounds in 100 days. Wouldn't that be great? But, you are making a big improvement, so don't be discouraged by daily fluctuations.

And, just some thoughts on "making food for the man" stuff. I too get ROYALLY pissed if I start getting treated like a servant, but you see, it's up to me (and you) to make sure that doesn't happen. Delegate, delegate, delegate. To husband, "Can you get everyone's drinks." To daughter, "Can you get out the plates and silverware.", To son, "Can you get the serving dishes and serving utensils." And all the while you finish your cooking. Then, when dinner is over, "OK, everyone get their plates and scrape them off and will someone help me load up the dishwasher, X, I think it's your turn tonight."

K9owner Hi!!! Hope you are having a great day! More canning and freezing?

IsabellaOlivia Have a great holiday!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #251  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Wow...so many new faces.

I feel like I have to introduce myself all over again

Doing great. Weight at 151 lbs!!!
So nice to see you and update your tickers girly-girl to show your progress!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 07-16-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #252  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i delegate alot of things around here, especially with being the only grown up home with 5 kids during the weekdays....the kids have to clean up their messes and i come behind with the vacuum cleaner etc...but is it just me or do others NOT like having other people in their kitchen??

i dont mind letting others do housework but i DO NOT LIKE other people in my kitchen, getting things, cleaning things, REARRANGING MY CUPBOARDS...*grrr*....maybe it's just me but i WANT to be the one cooking, serving, cleaning up, etc...sometimes DH tries to make my teenager clean the kitchen and i'm the one saying "why dont you put away the laundry and let ME clean the kitchen" LOL
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #253  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
i delegate alot of things around here, especially with being the only grown up home with 5 kids during the weekdays....the kids have to clean up their messes and i come behind with the vacuum cleaner etc...but is it just me or do others NOT like having other people in their kitchen??

i dont mind letting others do housework but i DO NOT LIKE other people in my kitchen, getting things, cleaning things, REARRANGING MY CUPBOARDS...*grrr*....maybe it's just me but i WANT to be the one cooking, serving, cleaning up, etc...sometimes DH tries to make my teenager clean the kitchen and i'm the one saying "why dont you put away the laundry and let ME clean the kitchen" LOL
I don't mind people setting the table and clearing the table, but I want them out from underfoot while I'm cooking and I am adamant that if you aren't 100% sure of where something goes, don't put things away. I am a machine in the kitchen and having to hunt down a misplaced slotted spoon will drive me bonkers. So, help with stuff that doesn't mess with my organization is welcome. Otherwise, yes, stay OUT!

Of course, I live with my MIL. We renovated our kitchen last year and when we moved back in I wanted her input as to how to arrange the kitchen. She told me to just do it how I want it. Well, the result? 1. she never, ever cooks and part of that reason is that she can't find anything because she never took the time to learn where everything is and she's not used to a big, fully stocked kitchen and she finds it overwhelming, I think (though she would never admit that). and 2. she occasionally will decide to unload the dishwasher and will put things in the oddest places. We have two of almost everything, so if you see there's no other lid in a drawer, don't put the lid there! My system doesn't make sense to her and I think it's because it's uber organized and it need to be with having a fully stocked kitchen. She was used to having only a few cupboards and cooking for one.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 07-16-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #254  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quick check-in before I head back to the hospital for the evening.
I had a TERRIBLE eating day Friday that started with cake and ended with

I’m not throwing a pity party and I’m not beating myself up. I’m just going to get right back at it tonight with my usual OP food.
( I will probably do bad tonight with snacky food at the hospital since the cafeteria will be closed!)

Friday’s Food
Fiber1 Cereal (bad hi-processed carb choice), Skim Milk, Italian Crème Cake 1023
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll 292
Snackwell Cookies, Greek Yogurt w/Raspberries 295
Total 1610

Walking: 300
Water: Didn’t track, but NOT enough

back Stacy! Missed you!

Melissa: No canning today, but nursing (uhm, not in a “motherly” way)

Kristiina: You caught me!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #255  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

DIANA32
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote